LJG
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by our martin View Post

I have the 707 with a 555 3d blue ray player sim2 cinemaquattro 4k projector and smx screen with bowers and wilkins ct800s..!

I would love to hear full details on the Sim2 Cinemaquattro 4K projector. Has Sim2 improved the on/off CR of the Christie 4K, how about ease of use etc....
post #3 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 09:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

..for home theatre the sound quality is unbeatable..

..and i mean nothing can come anywhere near this i mean anything!

Pretty bold claims. You would have to rotate the handfull of contenders for the SSP top spot through your system and keep all other variables fixed to back this up. Even than you cannot categorically say this because some systems / rooms benefit more from room correction than others. The Krell analog preamp / volume control may be top of the line, and may be the DACs (both extremely important of course), but I doubt the Krell is the final word in room correction.

From what I recall Kal R. preferred the Meridian 861v6 over the Krell and the v8 should be better than that.
post #4 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 09:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Easy to set up..no problems with on off switch..sim 2 have just took the projector and added what they know to it..the picture is unbelievable..looks like they are in front of you it blows your mind like the best sound systems in the world..had the lumis before this one and i thought that one was the best but this one is in krells best territory!
post #5 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 AM
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Easy to set up..no problems with on off switch..sim 2 have just took the projector and added what they know to it..the picture is unbelievable..looks like they are in front of you it blows your mind like the best sound systems in the world..had the lumis before this one and i thought that one was the best but this one is in krells best territory!

Thanks, what have they added? Has there been any modifications to On/Off CR?
post #6 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

I think what they have added is inside..not sure about the on off switch i have never owned the one before this one and never seen the picture quality sorry..
post #7 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 10:13 AM
LJG
AVS Special Member

That's on/off contrast ratio not on/off switch thanks
post #8 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter

I will tell you a bit more about myself, i have someone who works for me who used to work at richer sounds uk he sets my sound systems up for me..and he will be the new reviewer for what hifi uk(no names shouldn't really be telling you this but he's like the shoe shine boy from police squad there's nothing he doesn't know about hifi interconnects best set up etc, he got the job just by meeting someone off what hifi and keeping in touch with them over phone conversations)..he goes to all the trade shows ces and everything hifi and he get's back to me..so if someone says msb sounds better than a cypher..he checks it out and comes back to me with a no..if meridian did anything better than krell i would know about it!
post #9 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

I will tell you a bit more about myself, i have someone who works for me who used to work at richer sounds uk he sets my sound systems up for me..and he will be the new reviewer for what hifi uk(no names shouldn't really be telling you this)..he goes to all the trade shows ces and everything hifi and he get's back to me..so if someone says msb sounds better than a cypher..he checks it out and comes back to me with a no..if meridian did anything better than krell i would know about it!

Listening to complete setups (at trade shows, dealer showrooms) tells you nothing about the relative performance of an individual component (i.e. SSP). The only way to make an informed statement about the relative performance of say Krell 707, Meridian 861v8 and ADA reference is to rotate them through the same system. Even then, you may get different preferences for different rooms/system.
post #10 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

I was talking about the full krell setup with the evolution amps..what the 707 is, it's a 8.4 channel version of the 402 e..i am not saying that the meridian isn't good or anything it's just that the 707 setup is that good that the only thing that would beat it would be by using evolution ones and sm1s..and that's it!
post #11 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM - Thread Starter

No contrast switch on this one..never seen the older one so wouldn't really know sorry..all of my home cinema is controlled by crestron.. p.s you can't just go out and buy one of these like you can with the lumis or grand cinema..you are put on a waiting list so it's a bit unfair of me really to be saying i have got one when people are still waiting..when i first posted about what i had i put Sim2 Cinemaquattro 4K and then i was quizzed so i changed it ..it's the same with my orpheus if someone knows you have one and they want one and know you are in the area they will constanly call you or turn up where they think you might be and try and barter it off you, they won't take no for an answer! p.s the worst thing about these threads is that they go on google and anyone can read them.
post #12 of 18 Old 03-03-2013, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Lol we're here all week folks!

Neil Davidson - Visit my facebook page
post #13 of 18 Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM

Hmmmmmm, what to do with a 20,000 Lumen, $285,000 Projector. Cineramax's Answer would be to sell the rebadged Christie Projector right away and buy a Cineramax Modded Barco DP4K-P, I hope you have a colossal screen for that light cannon, or else you will be getting Screen burn on your retinas!
post #14 of 18 Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Nonsens Paddy, I have seen the 25K lumens Screen Development modded (2K) Barco at ISE in the Stewart Filmscreen demo, that screen was not small, but not huge either, let alone colossal, and it had a little gain. And I thought it could be trimmed down a bit less than it was.
post #15 of 18 Old 03-04-2013, 02:36 PM

Only 5 weeks to go until it is in my demo rooms with 4k dlp firing at it. 15.4 sound system signed off today as well...

post #16 of 18 Old 03-04-2013, 02:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Five more weeks, so you didn't take the demo system home Neil?
post #17 of 18 Old 03-04-2013, 02:41 PM
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceenhad View Post

Only 5 weeks to go until it is in my demo rooms with 4k dlp firing at it. 15.4 sound system signed off today as well...

Sim2 also? I thought I recalled you being a DPI distributor/dealer..Or perhaps a Barco/Projection Design 4K system
post #18 of 18 Old 03-05-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldk View Post

Five more weeks, so you didn't take the demo system home Neil?

LOL - I doubt that EasyJet would have been too keen on the size of my hand luggage. eek.gif

It is that screen, it just had to make a small detour via Denmark while we got our redesign finished off. We are redoing our entire facility which is not a small commitment considering it is not even 15 months old.

We are certainly not putting in the Sim2 but commercial agreements prevent me from naming the specific brand right now. It will be DCI of course so not that many options to debate over!

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page