Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #271 of 635 Old 11-10-2013, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Joerod - you may be confused between Room Knowledge and Room Correction. You are trying to achieve at least mid 90's in room knowledge. Room correction is the result after filters are applied based on room knowledge achieved. I assume typical is 20-40% room correction. Anything more than that would likely be over correcting IMO.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 635 Old 11-10-2013, 02:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 111
I got it. Now. smile.gif

I was confusing them. I first did it using the on screen display. This time I used my ipad and for some reason read it backwards. biggrin.gif

All good here now. Just getting things ready for the Thanksgiving break when family is here. Thanks guys.

Holiday movies planned are Despicable Me 2 3D and The Heat.

For my latest Reviews and stuff Search -> Joe Rod Home Theater .Com
Follow me: @joerodhometheat
Check out my Dolby Atmos/Surround first take:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #273 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Guys, need your help!

Im staying at my friend's place and he has this system.

I want to connect my xbox to the system? It also has a  HDMI matrix distribution system.

Can you please tell me how to setup an xbox , step by step, to this system? I will really appreciate your help !!

I managed to get a video on the TV - but no sound!

THANK YOU!

post #274 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 07:58 AM

Hi, was wondering if you can help we out!

Im staying at my friend's place and he has this system.

I want to connect my xbox to the system? It also has a  HDMI matrix distribution system.

Can you please tell me how to setup an xbox , step by step, to this system? I will really appreciate your help !!

I managed to get a video on the TV - but no sound!

THANK YOU!

post #275 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Do you have the ip address of the processor? It's much easier do to through the web interface.

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz
post #276 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 08:16 AM

Im sorry , I would probably consider myself as the biggest noob when it comes to those systems! Im staying at a friend's house and dont have any info regarding the device.

It has 5 HDMI in and 1 ZA HDMI out.. Where should I plug in the xbox HDMI?

What kind of ip are you talking about and where can I find it? Why do you need it also? Is there another way!

Thank you for your help!

post #277 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 08:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadim2323 View Post

Im sorry , I would probably consider myself as the biggest noob when it comes to those systems! Im staying at a friend's house and dont have any info regarding the device.

It has 5 HDMI in and 1 ZA HDMI out.. Where should I plug in the xbox HDMI?

What kind of ip are you talking about and where can I find it? Why do you need it also? Is there another way!

Thank you for your help!

Have you called your friend? Might be easier, faster, and safer since there can be many variables with a setup I wouldn't want to speculate on.

Is there an available input on the MX-150?

When you say HDMI distribution switch, are you saying he has various sources connected to it, and then there are multiple room outputs, the MX being one of them? Are is it simply a local HDMI switch that he is using to select devices, and sending the switch's single output to the MX?

post #278 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 08:42 AM

The company set up everything for him, so he is in the same situation as I am.

Im sorry , its really har to understand your questions. Basically all hdmis are connected to the device on top of MX150.

Hope these pics are useful!

post #279 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 08:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

The company set up everything for him, so he is in the same situation as I am.

Im sorry , its really har to understand your questions. Basically all hdmis are connected to the device on top of MX150.

Hope these pics are useful!

It doesn't look like any HDMI is coming to the MX, so I guess he has some HDMI switch that sends audio out via coax or optical...which means video is going from the switcher to the projector/display....probably means that even if you connect to an unused HDMI port on the switch, if there is no associated audio cable coming out from the switch to the MX, which is why you can't hear anything...but generally, everything is HDMI, or there might just be a single digital audio out from the switch, and selecting the correct input would route the audio for that source out...if you play other sources connected to the switch, are you hearing audio?

Bit difficult to wire and configure this remotely...

post #280 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 09:00 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

This appears to be the backside of the switch you are showing:

Is there an HDMI coming out of output 1 or two going to the MX? There is no audio out, so it must be via HDMI

post #281 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 09:06 AM

Yes- both of them end up somewhere in the wall. from output 1 and 2! Big , fat cords

post #282 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

This appears to be the backside of the switch you are showing:

Is there an HDMI coming out of output 1 or two going to the MX? There is no audio out, so it must be via HDMI

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for the assist!

post #283 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for the assist!

I'm not seeing how the MX is getting any audio, unless each device is wired directly to the MX.....what else is already connected to the hdmi switch? If you choose another device, do you get audio via the MX?

Is there an unused hdmi port on the switch? You might have to connect the hdm from the xbox to the switch, and select that input for video. For audio, you would have to output via optical or coax from the xbox if you can to an unused optical or coax on the MX. But you would still need to know how to configure the MX to create a virtual input to use that audio signal.

This system seems more complicated than it needs to be, and your friend is not getting high resolution audio from blu rays with this type of set up.

post #284 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 10:08 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I have no idea how his system is configured, but on mine, the MX input 10 "DVR" is pre-configured to use optical port 8, and Input 11 "TV" is set to use optical 9....

So, if those optical ports are open, and you have an optical (toslink) cable that you can connect from the xbox to the MX, try that - you can use the input dial on the from of the MX to choose whatever input matches the mapping above....

Video will need to be connected via hdmi to the switch, and selected from the switch...

post #285 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post

I'm not seeing how the MX is getting any audio, unless each device is wired directly to the MX.....what else is already connected to the hdmi switch? If you choose another device, do you get audio via the MX?

Is there an unused hdmi port on the switch? You might have to connect the hdm from the xbox to the switch, and select that input for video. For audio, you would have to output via optical or coax from the xbox if you can to an unused optical or coax on the MX. But you would still need to know how to configure the MX to create a virtual input to use that audio signal.

This system seems more complicated than it needs to be, and your friend is not getting high resolution audio from blu rays with this type of set up.

All 4 HMDIs are plugged in into the switch. I have tried unplugging one of them and connecting the xbox - but no sound.

What if i buy a headset for the xbox and connect it to the controller? Do you think I should get a sound?

post #286 of 635 Old 11-17-2013, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

All 4 HMDIs are plugged in into the switch. I have tried unplugging one of them and connecting the xbox - but no sound.

What if i buy a headset for the xbox and connect it to the controller? Do you think I should get a sound?

That's and xbox question, I don't know how audio out to their headsets work.

You can try my suggestion in post 284...

That's all from me on this... Good luck

post #287 of 635 Old 11-18-2013, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm not sure if this in the correct pace to post this, however, I have been having a problem with my MX 150 when playing 3D material with my Oppo 95. I have the Oppo HDMI 2 hooked into the MX 150 for sound and HDMI 1 directly feeding the display. I switch between a projector and a large LED display. In all cases the sound cuts in and out randomly. I have found no combination of settings that seem to work and I have used various cables. As a test I bought a Sony BDP S790 with dual HDMI outs and it seems to work fine, however I am not convinced it is the Oppo. Does anyone have any knowledge of this type of problem. Much Appreciated.
post #288 of 635 Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureplus View Post

I'm not sure if this in the correct pace to post this, however, I have been having a problem with my MX 150 when playing 3D material with my Oppo 95. I have the Oppo HDMI 2 hooked into the MX 150 for sound and HDMI 1 directly feeding the display. I switch between a projector and a large LED display. In all cases the sound cuts in and out randomly. I have found no combination of settings that seem to work and I have used various cables. As a test I bought a Sony BDP S790 with dual HDMI outs and it seems to work fine, however I am not convinced it is the Oppo. Does anyone have any knowledge of this type of problem. Much Appreciated.

But your test seems to point to the 95?

post #289 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 06:10 AM

Yes, but I have been told the MX 150 has handshake issues and I am just trying to find if anyone has encountered the particular problem. The Oppo has better sound & picture so I would like to resolve the problem and continue to use the Oppo if possible.
Thanks
post #290 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 06:17 AM
AVS Special Member

I assume you have the setting correct on the Oppo for dual hdmi? (hdmi 1 video/hdmi 2 audio)

Owner, AudioXtream.
post #291 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 06:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pictureplus View Post

Yes, but I have been told the MX 150 has handshake issues and I am just trying to find if anyone has encountered the particular problem. The Oppo has better sound & picture so I would like to resolve the problem and continue to use the Oppo if possible.
Thanks

I've not heard of specific handshake issues, but of course its possible.

It still could be an oppo issue, as there was with the 103 and the 151 - I think it took an oppo firmware update to address the issue...addino, was that the case? I don't recall precisely what your issue was and how it was resolved...

@pictureplus - have you talked to Chuck at McIntosh support? I know they are testing new firmware, so perhaps there are fixes related to what you're experiencing....

Have you tried both bitstream and PCM from the 95? Is the condition the same?

post #292 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 06:25 AM

Hi everybody i'm new in this thread just one year ago i wrote to another forum "audioaficionado" for share my experience here the link of what i wrote http://www.audioaficionado.org/mcintosh-audio/16516-mx-151-a-2.html  i'm from Italy and i still continue to have big proble to decode the new track in BD DTS MASTER HD HR 7.1 many titles in Italian and French get this track only and after report to MC this issue they change giving to me a MX151 from MX150 minor problem happen but now with Oblivion the situation is terrible and unlistening crap sound coming from back sorround very loud, my new bd player is oppo 105 full modded, i change the BD player with many other like arcam and even a mchintosh one, but the result are the same, anyone can advise me how to fix this problem? also no dsp are available for this track only 2 chanell switch, if i put the english track DTS HD MASTER 7.1 (NO HR) WORK FINE, but no way for the Italian or french.

Thx

post #293 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 06:33 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss472 View Post

Hi everybody i'm new in this thread just one year ago i wrote to another forum "audioaficionado" for share my experience here the link of what i wrote http://www.audioaficionado.org/mcintosh-audio/16516-mx-151-a-2.html  i'm from Italy and i still continue to have big proble to decode the new track in BD DTS MASTER HD HR 7.1 many titles in Italian and French get this track only and after report to MC this issue they change giving to me a MX151 from MX150 minor problem happen but now with Oblivion the situation is terrible and unlistening crap sound coming from back sorround very loud, my new bd player is oppo 105 full modded, i change the BD player with many other like arcam and even a mchintosh one, but the result are the same, anyone can advise me how to fix this problem? also no dsp are available for this track only 2 chanell switch, if i put the english track DTS HD MASTER 7.1 (NO HR) WORK FINE, but no way for the Italian or french.
Thx

I don't know... If you're saying the English DTS Master 7.1 is fine through the 151, but not the Italian and French, that sounds like a disc mixing or authoring issue. Are they different discs, the English, Italian, and French versions?

Have you tried PCM out from the player to see if there's a difference? If PCM also sounds bad, it's fairly certain to be the disc or player since the deco gin is not happening in the MX...

post #294 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 AM

I think the HDMI settings are correct. I will try Chuck later today at work. Thanks
post #295 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

You have the latest firmware installed?

Owner, AudioXtream.
post #296 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 09:52 AM

the last firmware upgrade I had was over a year ago and allowed me to use HDMI 1.4
post #297 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm referring to the Oppo firmware

Owner, AudioXtream.
post #298 of 635 Old 11-19-2013, 10:04 AM

Yes it is the latest
post #299 of 635 Old 11-20-2013, 07:41 AM

Hi, if you read carefull you will see the difference between DTS HD MA and DTS HD MA HR, they are 2 kind of system, the english track is without the HR and in the same disc we have italian and freanch only with the HR all of them are in the same disc, of cource in PCM 2 chanel work perfect the problem is the MX151 is not able to decode the DTS HR.

and is not only to this title but also for Avenger, Jhon Carter, Tron Legacy..... al the titles with DTS HR.

Thanks

post #300 of 635 Old 11-21-2013, 05:07 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

thank you mods...

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page