Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
sgbroimp,

this is the firmware update I received from Chuck Hinton:

System: 1.4RC5
SVN revision 1:3072
SVN built time 23/05/2014
RP modules 8.20.a

My MX 150 was bought in the United States of America - not in Germany and has not been modified.

Last edited by gubab; 08-23-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 639 Old 08-29-2014, 07:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbroimp View Post
I agree with Thrang, though may companies do the same, i.e. publish updates only upon cause/need/demand etc. Here is some late breaking info on the MX150/151 from someone in Germany, who was having Sat TV issues and reports having just received a new update from Chuck H. It is from May 23 and numbered 1.4RC5, SVN 1:3072. This is later than mine which solved some issues for me back in April. Might want to give it a shot, though it could be a Germany-only fix, so that may need clarification.
hi thrang,

i have a german mx150.
can you u send me the latest firmware file ?

cheers

mischka
post #633 of 639 Old 09-09-2014, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody know if Chuck Hinton is on hollidays?
I've been trying to contact him for a week and normally he answers within one day.
I really need some help, or else I can throw my MX151 in the garbage.
post #634 of 639 Old 09-11-2014, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by borkaenjo View Post
Does anybody know if Chuck Hinton is on hollidays?
I've been trying to contact him for a week and normally he answers within one day.
I really need some help, or else I can throw my MX151 in the garbage.
Don't throw it in the garbage. Give me your address and I will drive across country if necessary to dispose of it for you.

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #635 of 639 Old 09-11-2014, 08:31 PM

Liked: 10
That would be a long drive, and I hope you can hold your breath for a long time,
as I'm from the Netherlands.
I spoke on the phone with Chuck yesterday, so I hope he can help me.

Last edited by borkaenjo; 09-14-2014 at 04:37 AM.
post #636 of 639 Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM

MX151 not playing nice with Savant

Hey everyone - new to the forum. Someone else in the forum recommended I post on this thread to get a better response.

I've got a question for you all and I hope someone has some experience and recommendations.

I recently picked up a Mac MX151 paired with the MC205. The problems are with the MX151 working with the Savant home automation system. The HDMI switching on the MX151 doesn't play nice with Savant which leads me to either the new MX121 or the new Classe Sigma SSP.

I understand the HDMI board on the MX121 was sourced from Denon (or something close) and is probably much better than whats in the MX151. I love the sound of the Mac but am open to other options. Another thing that bothered me about the Mac gear was the startup times. This system is my primary audio/video system and is used a lot. Having to wait 20 seconds or so for the system to power up is a small gripe.

anyway - thanks for any input.
post #637 of 639 Old Yesterday, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by hedkase View Post
Hey everyone - new to the forum. Someone else in the forum recommended I post on this thread to get a better response.

I've got a question for you all and I hope someone has some experience and recommendations.

I recently picked up a Mac MX151 paired with the MC205. The problems are with the MX151 working with the Savant home automation system. The HDMI switching on the MX151 doesn't play nice with Savant which leads me to either the new MX121 or the new Classe Sigma SSP.

I understand the HDMI board on the MX121 was sourced from Denon (or something close) and is probably much better than whats in the MX151. I love the sound of the Mac but am open to other options. Another thing that bothered me about the Mac gear was the startup times. This system is my primary audio/video system and is used a lot. Having to wait 20 seconds or so for the system to power up is a small gripe.

anyway - thanks for any input.
For the power on time, make sure the Power Saving setting is set to No

For the control issue, I use Roomie with no issue switching (Serial commands over IP) Other users here use different control software with no issues.

Sounds like whoever is programming the Savant is not doing something correctly...are they attempting control over serial or IR? Do they have the serial documentation for the 151 (posted in the first page of this thread)

The 121 is not in the same league as the 151. 121 uses a less refined HW architecture than the 151, and uses an older version of Audyssey while you have a much superior correction tool in Room Perfect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-18 at 11.49.06 PM.png
Views:	5
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	268898  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #638 of 639 Old Today, 09:03 AM

Hi, I'm happy to know this beautiful forum.

This is my story:

- in 30/08/14
I got a gift from my cousin in USA an MX 150, now it is in Italy, but it has a problem.

in “Inizialiting” I have this sequence on screen:

* Updating RP1... *

after few seconds
* RP1 SW update *
* FAILED! *

after few seconds
* Speakerconf err *
* 3 (comm) *

in this condition, no audio from speakers.

I solve by leaving it in this condition for 25 min, then switch off and switch on and the inizialiting is OK.
But this is not a good solution for me.

Can you help me?
post #639 of 639 Old Today, 09:04 AM

- in 08/09/14
I wrote to the friendly Chuck from Mcintosh, he advised me to reset the microprocessor.

The Owner’s Manual describes the procedure to reset the cpu, it is very simple,
but if I press and hold in the STANDBY/ON Push-button does not appear "MCU reset” like in manual.
So I abandoned the procedure for to reset the 150 and I read also the procedure to reset the cpu of the MX151, it is different from MX150, but gave good result.
After unplugging the power cord and hung up several times as the procedure, now just insert power cord I see on screen "Booting delay 5-4-3-2-1 sec" and start
a fast Initialiting and after in standby, if I push Standby button, the 150 started Initialiting very fast and run OK.
I used it without problem for 1 week.

- in 19/9/14
I had to unplug the power cord for the work near my TV, now I again the initial problem
* Updating RP1... *

after few seconds
* RP1 SW update *
* FAILED! *

after few seconds
* Speakerconf err *
* 3 (comm) *

I'm desperate, can you help me?
Thank you.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version