Lexicon's new MC-14, what's the scoop, a re-badged Bryston? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 09-01-2014, 05:45 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Poindexter View Post
The HD option will add a decent amount. You cannot just add the upcharge between the two and then discount that. The non-HD versions are not the latest versions and receive a heavy discount because of that. I don't remember the street price for unblanced 12HD w/EQ, sorry.

Thanks

I see on eBay and Audiogon the older platform, regardless of version seems to top out at around $2000 for asking prices, that would be for a fully equipped MC-12BEQ v5.25 but I don't even think they are actually selling at these prices because I've noticed they linger a long time. With the MC-12HDB having been lowered to a MSRP of $7,999 quite a while ago, perhaps in 2011 taking 75% off that doesn't seem unrealistic given the age which would put the price at the $2,000 range. I don't suspect asking prices of 50% off would be to realistic at this point given the age/feature set of the platform. I can't remember how much the EQ added to the price though and whether that $7,999 MSRP was the EQ version or not. I think the EQ may have been an additional $2k to $4k on it's own.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 09-02-2014, 09:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seeing this thread was like stumbling across an obituary for a dear friend.

"Being unable to assume an initial premise with any tolerable degree of accuracy, I am loathe to assert a conclusion fearful lest I should err."
post #33 of 36 Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I have the latest MC-12 balanced with all the bells and whistles. Have the mike kit too. Just don't know if it's worth parting with it at these prices or keeping it as a spare should my Bryston have an issue or get sent away for an upgrade to the USB input, etc.

So disappointed with Lexicon. They really turned into a pile of crap. To rebadge a product made by another should be a massive embarrassment for them.

Last edited by BigHat; 09-11-2014 at 07:53 AM.
post #34 of 36 Old 09-11-2014, 08:38 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHat View Post
I have the latest MC-12 balanced with all the bells and whistles. Have the mike kit too. Just don't know if it's worth parting with it at these prices or keeping it as a spare should my Bryston have an issue or get sent away for an upgrade to the USB input, etc.

So disappointed with Lexicon. They really turned into a pile of crap. To rebadge a product made by another should be a massive embarrassment for them.
They were already mortally embarrassed / wounded with the Lexicon... err, Oppo.. Blu Ray trick!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #35 of 36 Old 09-11-2014, 10:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 215
The Lexicon 4/8/12 is certainly ancient gear but aside from the HDMI issues, I still think LOGIC7 is still one of the best upmixers for legacy stereo material.

I am curious to hear what others think as well as what facilities are found on the newer high end processors that could replace LOGIC7. The lack of such features on the ADA was a turn off for me.

It could be personal viewing taste as well. I watch older movie material and have a large satellite captured DVHS library ripped to disk. People who generally only watch current material on BluRay may not need much in the way of advanced upmixing.

Glimmie's HT Page
Being redone - comming soon!

post #36 of 36 Old 09-13-2014, 10:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 475 Post(s)
Liked: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glimmie View Post
The Lexicon 4/8/12 is certainly ancient gear but aside from the HDMI issues, I still think LOGIC7 is still one of the best upmixers for legacy stereo material.
Agreed.

Quote:
I am curious to hear what others think as well as what facilities are found on the newer high end processors that could replace LOGIC7.
I use (and personally prefer) Pro Logic IIx, particularly as it is smoother than Logic7 when quiet dialog is present over background audio. Mostly I'm using it for 2-ch music, where it works well for my taste.

Quote:
The lack of such features on the ADA was a turn off for me.
ADA processors have Stereo Enhance, Mono Enhance, and PLIIx modes. These may not be a suitable replacement for Logic7 for you, but it certainly is not lacking in such features.

Roger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Roger Dressler; 09-14-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page