2Likes
post #181 of 281 Old 05-12-2014, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post

I did not read every post but what I did read suggests only PEQ ( frequency domain room correction) and no Dirac (time and frequency based correction).:

Correct - no Dirac - had to have some significant differentiation from the RS20i!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 281 Old 06-10-2014, 09:57 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 586 Post(s)
Liked: 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReferenceCo View PostWe are making several auditions to costumers, to clients who had Classe SSP800, Denon AVP, whatever and they are very pleased with the results. I see nothing in the new LS10, but sucess!  The RS20i sells well, but since it's in another price range, not as well as the requests we are having for the LS10.

I want to try the DATASAT please any dealers in San Diego?

post #183 of 281 Old 06-12-2014, 07:29 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Auro 3D and ATMOS will be implemented by all the consumer brands starting with Onkyo, Denon, Marantz, Pioneer and may be Yamaha....
post #184 of 281 Old 06-12-2014, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by wse View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by ReferenceCo We are making several auditions to costumers, to clients who had Classe SSP800, Denon AVP, whatever and they are very pleased with the results. I see nothing in the new LS10, but sucess! The RS20i sells well, but since it's in another price range, not as well as the requests we are having for the LS10.

I want to try the DATASAT please any dealers in San Diego?
Our closest dealer to San Diego is in Torrance, though there is also a showroom coming together in Huntington Beach. PM me your contact details if you are interested in either.
post #185 of 281 Old 07-03-2014, 07:56 AM
wse
AVS Special Member

Will DATASAT have ATMOS?
post #186 of 281 Old 07-03-2014, 12:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Will DATASAT have ATMOS?
Yes, but not the limited Atmos junior as seen in all the major brand avrs. Not sure on the version the LS10 will get but the RS20i should see the full 34 channel Atmos ( 24 mains 10 over heads ) if using 2 24 channel RS20is in tandem. Or of course if you own a single RS20i then you will be able to get the Atmos running upto 24 channels.

This goes for the new DTS UHD codec also once that gets released.
post #187 of 281 Old 07-03-2014, 12:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by djnickuk View Post
Yes, but not the limited Atmos junior as seen in all the major brand avrs. Not sure on the version the LS10 will get but the RS20i should see the full 34 channel Atmos ( 24 mains 10 over heads ) if using 2 24 channel RS20is in tandem. Or of course if you own a single RS20i then you will be able to get the Atmos running upto 24 channels.

The operative question is not 'IF' for Atmos the RS-20i... but 'WHEN'?!

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #188 of 281 Old 07-03-2014, 12:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
The operative question is not 'IF' for Atmos the RS-20i... but 'WHEN'?!
As I think Peter said, the hold up will be to do with MDS and that will effect all the high end pros except the trinnov, I think. Although I don't really know what MDS has to do with it as I thought they were only the HDMI boards. Unless for the high end Atmos one needs HDMI 2?
post #189 of 281 Old 07-03-2014, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 24
They need to get Auro rolling first… then hammer out a deal with Dolby for Atmos. MDS is the supplier for everyone's HDMI boards, so I have to figure it would apply to Trinnov as well (perhaps even more so, and they still have to develop license agreements and a DEALER NETWORK for their product).

the likely implementation of Atmos by Datasat in the RS20i will be partially determined by what Dolby wants from them (card or merely software change). If there's a card required by Dolby (like they wanted for the last round), then it could take a while, software changes shouldn't be that bad to implement. Don't expect the LS10 to be an easy upgrade, if at all. My personal guess is that IF they do Atmos in the LS10, it will have to be shipped back to CA for the changes.

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #190 of 281 Old 07-03-2014, 09:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1512 Post(s)
Liked: 1043
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanFrancis View Post
MDS is the supplier for everyone's HDMI boards, so I have to figure it would apply to Trinnov as well (perhaps even more so...
But the HDMI board wouldn't have anything to do with Atmos decoding on the Trinnov, would it?

Sanjay
post #191 of 281 Old 07-05-2014, 10:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
But the HDMI board wouldn't have anything to do with Atmos decoding on the Trinnov, would it?
That's a very good question.

What's Datasat's plan for HDMI? Is there a 2.0 board planned? I assume there is..

McIntosh MX151 Owner's Thread

Owner, AudioXtream.
Authorized Dealer for Kef, Triad, Bryston, Auralic, Audeze, Grado, Audioquest, Marantz

Audioxtream.com
post #192 of 281 Old 07-05-2014, 07:20 PM
AVS Special Member

HDMI 2.0 will be a running-change, I confirmed this last week with Datasat. Pretty much all of the higher-end manufacturers use MDS for their boards, and there are not HDMI 2.0 boards available yet from MDS as far as I know.

Has anyone confirmed that Atmos home recipe will operate with all channels from HDMI 1.4? Or how about the new DTS format? I see another bag of confusion coming where this "added feature" of higher channel counts is concerned: how many speakers to add, where to add them, what layout is compatible with what formats, what ends up being the best compromise for all of them, and do they end up just being another "feature" that is a solution looking for a problem…

That was why I made the comment regarding HDMI and trinnov- just because their processor has a pc inside, doesn't make it immune to HDMI changes and the like: only easy software changes like new codecs. Overall, there isn't a great crystal ball when it comes to new "advances" even the best of them get bitten eventually (Theta-HDMI, need I say more?).

Dan Francis
Head of Sales US
C'SEED Entertainment Systems GMBH
www.cseed.tv
df@cseed.tv
post #193 of 281 Old 07-05-2014, 08:04 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Has anyone confirmed that Atmos home recipe will operate with all channels from HDMI 1.4? Or how about the new DTS format?
The recent Dolby FAQ said that an Atmos soundtrack could be bitstreamed using any BD player. If the sound objects are losslessly packed using TrueHD or DTS-HD MA, then those bitstreams will pass through HDMI 1.4 the way they always do. Heck, even a 7-year-old BD player with HDMI 1.3 should recognize a TrueHD or DTS-HD MA flag on the stream and pass it through.
Quote:
That was why I made the comment regarding HDMI and trinnov- just because their processor has a pc inside, doesn't make it immune to HDMI changes and the like: only easy software changes like new codecs.
If the Altitude32 is a PC inside, as you say, then Trinnov won't have to wait for a third-party solution (from MDS, for example) in order to have Atmos and Auro decoding, right? That's how the Sony PS3 was able to turn on a dime, because of their cell processor.

Sanjay
post #194 of 281 Old 07-05-2014, 08:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Did that FAQ specify ALL Atmos soundtracks could be bitstreamed? 34 channels via HDMI 1.3?

I'm not arguing, I'm asking: are you certain that Atmos will not require beyond what we currently have at HDMI 1.4 to resolve the 34 channels without compromise?

I do not know, my daily endeavor has me focused elsewhere in the electronics industry- so I have not been trying to learn everything there is to know. In January at CES we were merely mentioning Atmos regarding home hardware; now it appears to be all anyone is focused on.
post #195 of 281 Old 07-05-2014, 09:03 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Did that FAQ specify ALL Atmos soundtracks could be bitstreamed? 34 channels via HDMI 1.3?

I'm not arguing, I'm asking: are you certain that Atmos will not require beyond what we currently have at HDMI 1.4 to resolve the 34 channels without compromise?
The consumer version of Atmos is 5.1 or 7.1 channels + objects (the commercial version has 9.1 channels + objects).

The consumer version can render to a maximum of 34 speaker locations max (the commercial version can render to up to 64 speaker locations). But that shouldn't be confused with channels.

Sanjay
post #196 of 281 Old 07-10-2014, 12:45 PM
cwt
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:

I do not know, my daily endeavor has me focused elsewhere in the electronics industry- so I have not been trying to learn everything there is to know. In January at CES we were merely mentioning Atmos regarding home hardware; now it appears to be all anyone is focused on.
Reminded me of the upgraded specifications for hdmi 2.0 ; some of the important ones -

Quote:
What’s new in HDMI 2.0?
HDMI 2.0 significantly increases bandwidth to 18Gbps and includes the following advanced features:
Resolutions up to 4K@50/60 (2160p), which is 4 times the clarity of 1080p/60 video resolution, for the ultimate video experience
Up to 32 audio channels for a multi-dimensional immersive audio experience
Up to 1536kHz audio sample frequency for the highest audio fidelity
http://www.hdmi.org/manufacturer/hdm...0_faq.aspx#119
post #197 of 281 Old 07-10-2014, 02:31 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Question

Quote:
Yes, but not the limited Atmos junior as seen in all the major brand avrs. Not sure on the version the LS10 will get but the RS20i should see the full 34 channel Atmos ( 24 mains 10 over heads ) if using 2 24 channel RS20is in tandem. Or of course if you own a single RS20i then you will be able to get the Atmos running upto 24 channels. This goes for the new DTS UHD codec also once that gets released.
It is really too bad that the LS10 doesn't have the DIRAC Room Optimisation on board, I would have replaced my Classe SSP-800 right away! I only need 13.2 channels

I hope that in the very near future, we will se an upgrade?

Maybe the next version will include DIRAC or ROOM PERFECT along with Dolby ATMOS and DTS UHD, in the mean time I will wait the RS20 is just way out of my league in terms of price
post #198 of 281 Old 07-16-2014, 09:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
There is a LS10 User Thread under the Audio -Receivers, Amplifiers & Processors. So for those using LS10 please join us there. Users of RS20i are also welcome to review and give us your thoughts, experience and tips for similar configurations whichever possible....Thanks!
post #199 of 281 Old 07-21-2014, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Datasat LS 10 manual. Much better than the RS20 I manual.

http://www.datasatdigital.com/docs/a...00_TM-H663.pdf

One glaring omission. No instructions as to how to calculate speaker delays. No mention of reference speaker measurements etc.

Also, as I'm still not sure whether I will use a centre height at front, it implies if this is the case then you can cross the centre height to the centre. This seems odd. Why not just create a phantom centre from the front L/R heights?
post #200 of 281 Old 07-21-2014, 09:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Datasat LS 10 manual. Much better than the RS20 I manual.

http://www.datasatdigital.com/docs/a...00_TM-H663.pdf

One glaring omission. No instructions as to how to calculate speaker delays. No mention of reference speaker measurements etc.

Also, as I'm still not sure whether I will use a centre height at front, it implies if this is the case then you can cross the centre height to the centre. This seems odd. Why not just create a phantom centre from the front L/R heights?
Aren't you using an RS-20i?

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #201 of 281 Old 07-21-2014, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Aren't you using an RS-20i?
I am indeed. I imagine the implementation of auro to be the same or very similar between the RS20i and LS10.

I may have misread the info tho as I only briefly speed read it.

I would just like them to give the option if a phantom centre height.
post #202 of 281 Old 07-21-2014, 09:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I am indeed. I imagine the implementation of auro to be the same or very similar between the RS20i and LS10.

Really? I assumed not selecting a center height would automatically do so with phantom images...

I might look through that... seems an odd omission.

post #203 of 281 Old 08-12-2014, 02:33 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I can't see who will install 24 Channels?
post #204 of 281 Old 08-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I can't see who will install 24 Channels?
There are plenty of folks out there lucky enough to have the rooms large enough for such channel counts. I would install at least another 3-6 ceiling speakers and a couple more sides. And I already have 13.4 Auro running in my 7.2m x 3m cinema room.
post #205 of 281 Old 08-13-2014, 02:35 PM
wse
AVS Special Member

Quote:
There are plenty of folks out there lucky enough to have the rooms large enough for such channel counts. I would install at least another 3-6 ceiling speakers and a couple more sides. And I already have 13.4 Auro running in my 7.2m x 3m cinema room.
Dedicated room yes in my family room not
post #206 of 281 Old 08-14-2014, 08:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Dedicated room yes in my family room not
I wish I had a dedicated room. I just got rid of the family instead! Lol
post #207 of 281 Old 08-14-2014, 08:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:

They need to do this asap. Hence the Beta version, hehe.
post #208 of 281 Old 08-14-2014, 08:46 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
They need to do this asap. Hence the Beta version, hehe.
I agree,I can;t imagine many use a center height.

Peter, have any contacts to get this done??

Not sure if this would be done on the AURO end or DATASAT end?

post #209 of 281 Old 08-14-2014, 09:23 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Datasat, contacts? Yes. Will take either 3 or 6 months, but not 9.

In the meantime can't the channel by split and added to the LR H's?
post #210 of 281 Old 08-14-2014, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Datasat, contacts? Yes. Will take either 3 or 6 months, but not 9.

In the meantime can't the channel by split and added to the LR H's?
No, the only thing you can do is set the centre height to small and send LFE to the centre main. I have no idea why you would want to do this as I imagine all who would have Auro would have subs to handle the LFE. Which of course is the first option after centre height large.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)