AVS Forum banner

Datasat LS10

165K views 2K replies 126 participants last post by  audvid 
#1 ·
Datasat appear to have launched a new cheaper price processor . . .

See less See more
#3 ·
Digital outputs? DB-25?

That's $21.5K USD!

#7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by djnickuk  /t/1514816/datasat-ls10#post_24281923

13.2 outputs, IR remote. Auro extra. £10k inc vat is a very nice price point.

Yeah, as I said on one of the other five thread we both seem to be posting on Nick, I was probably missing the VAT off the RS20i price when comparing in my mind. Andy says that the LS10 has no Dirac though also, just PEQ . . .

#8 ·
Unfortunately, we still do not yet seem to have an Auro-3D capable AVR or PrePro at a price point likely to sell sufficient units to create a real demand for Auro-3D BD movies...?!

_

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex  /t/1514816/datasat-ls10#post_24282249

Unfortunately, we still do not yet seem to have an Auro-3D capable AVR or PrePro at a price point likely to sell sufficient units to create a real demand for Auro-3D BD movies...?!

_

That'll take time . . these things take a while to trickle down . . . I remember when 50" TV's were £8k each, now you can get them for a 20th of that. This is how new tech works . . .

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii  /t/1514816/datasat-ls10#post_24282279

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundChex  /t/1514816/datasat-ls10#post_24282249

That'll take time . . these things take a while to trickle down [. . .]
Auro Technologies 1/7/2014 Press Release (link) says "Over 50 international movies, 100 music albums recorded in the Auro-3D® format, and 2 blockbuster games will be released in the course of 2014" . . . so I do think we might see Auro-3D decoders priced around $2000 MSRP within the next 12 months...

_

Reactions: chewie1
#14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG  /t/1514816/datasat-ls10#post_24286771

Is there any further word on the Storm Audio SSP-16-3D processor. I believe the retail on this piece is around $10,000. Might be a good alternative to the RS20I, and LS10, for 3D auro.

The StormAudio website also lists (but without details|pictures) an SSP 12-3D processor...

_

#20 ·
I remember speaking with one of the guys from Dirac and he was explaining that the version to be found in the new Emotiva product is a limited, cut down version that fits within its processing abilities.

I guess that Datasat feel that they want a slice of the £10k market but would rather offer a very power peq to that of a cut down version of Dirac.

With the LS10 one could add a Trinnov, albeit using the analogue inputs, and come close to the cost of the RS20i. This would also bring up the dac stages to be somewhat comparable to the RS20i.

Or of course Carls DL2/3 when it finally ships.

#21 ·
Ideal scaled back version would be Auro 3D processing no Dacs at all, just digital output....For us Trinnov guys. Also according to my calculations I don't think $18K for the Trinnov plus $16.5 K for LS10 is close to RS20i price....

Or how about the option of an RS20I without Dacs and without Dirac.

Or a Theta CBIV with Auro 3D

#23 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.