ProjectionDesign Avielo Optix Superwide 235 will it work with an EN15 lens? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-18-2014, 02:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Anyone know if a ProjectionDesign Avielo Optix Superwide 235 projector will work with a ProjectionDesign F3 series EN15 lens. These projectors auto detect the type of lens installed and have motorized iris, focus and zoom, the list of lenses for the Avielo is EN 41, 42, 43, 44 which are higher quality lenses than the EN 15 I have which is for the F3 series projectors. Thing is I might be able to get a cheap Avielo Optix Superwide, but the lens it comes with is too long throw for my room.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey Dover, from what I hear the new lenses just have a different optical coating. I will be able to tell you a little more in a week. I have an F35 WQXGA unit that I will be trying out with an EN11 and EN13 lens.
dovercat likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-31-2014, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thus far I have tested the EN11 and EN13 lens systems with my F35 WQXGA unit. It is kind of a mixed bag because with the EN11 unit the F35 performed excellent. With the EN13 which should in theory be a better made lens it didn't perform as well. I didn't have time to adjust mounting position and such for the EN13 wide angle lens so that may have contributed to its less than stellar performance. I hope that helps.
dovercat likes this.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page