Best Speakers at Cinemacon? - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 197Likes

post #751 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2055 Post(s)
Liked: 1160
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiovideoholic View Post
Holy shat! Wow so truly are Cineramax Dogs! I can't even imagine how that truly went down especially the private jet scenario with you laying on the floor!
No the private jet airport is miles away, but my hosts left me behind.

This airplane was dive bombing repeatedly strafiing down the runway with tank cannons then giving it full throttle climbing steep to loop around. the Chavistas were returning the fire with automatic rifles; randomly one of the chavistas bullets hit my window, and I thought for the first 5 minutes what a great sounding tv for a frank sinatra war movie.

correction this was the first attempt in Venezuela that failed. feb 2011.

The reason the coup failed is that when they went to broadcast the videos that were sent to all the tv stations with platoons to announce the regime change they had been mastered in betamax (the home format), the stations had betacam. Idiots!

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 08-30-2016 at 02:44 PM.
post #753 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 04:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 569
That is the same gunship from the Transformers (2007) movie?
CINERAMAX likes this.

post #754 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1574 Post(s)
Liked: 917
CEDIA - here I come - I think it's been 6-7 years since I've been.

I can't make the Thursday uber-crazy demo night but am flying in Friday at 11AM.

Where's Friday dinner??

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #755 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 05:01 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
CEDIA - here I come - I think it's been 6-7 years since I've been.

I can't make the Thursday uber-crazy demo night but am flying in Friday at 11AM.

Where's Friday dinner??
Ted C knows the best place will dig up.
post #756 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Ted C knows the best place will dig up.
Maybe start a thread for CEDIA attendees - looks like it's going to be a good group.

Should be a good party!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #757 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

post #758 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 06:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1425 Post(s)
Liked: 1318
Chuckle. Peter I got speakers coming out of my ears and you still manage to get me excited about the Alcons. "Bad boy."

Regards, Can
My System & Theta Casablanca CBIII HD Mini-Review Uncontrolled obsession with music, and sound.
Interesting Audio Diagrams :-) & High-End Speaker Reviews
JTR Subwoofer Thread I don't always listen to subwoofers, but when I do, it's JTR :-).
post #759 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannga View Post
Chuckle. Peter I got speakers coming out of my ears and you still manage to get me excited about the Alcons. "Bad boy."
Guilty as Charged, I am with electronics what a crack dealer is with drugs.
post #760 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
dON'T lAUGH i WAS WATCHING THE MOVIE VON RYAN'S EXPRESS IN VENEZUELA...
all of a sudden the 3 inch speaker was sounding phenomenal with the explosions and machine gun fire. I look out the window at the national guard airport and a c130 with mounted wing cannons was shooting at The Chavistas on the runway which were returning fire with assault weapons,(meanwhile my clients took off in their private jet- by themselves).
You can almost see my house in that photo. (Lomas de Chuao)
post #761 of 819 Old 08-30-2016, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

post #762 of 819 Old 08-31-2016, 02:59 AM

I"m afraid I'll listen to the Alcons.... and like them!!

Hard to imagine as i am already in Atmos nirvana!!
audiovideoholic likes this.

post #763 of 819 Old 08-31-2016, 07:02 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
I"m afraid I'll listen to the Alcons.... and like them!!

Hard to imagine as i am already in Atmos nirvana!!
With your golden touch profit margins on used equipment changing the lcr to alkies will be a breeze.
post #764 of 819 Old 08-31-2016, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Cool 1st annual Immersion 2025 avs all night extravaganza

Whatever you have booked for friday, after the show till 2am, change your plans. Including you Spanky Ham.

Also paging Dr. Keith Yates and other IMMERSION luminaires!

Jeff The Bland and Ted C will coordinate with the people planning other dinners for 9:00. From 5:30 to 7:30 we partake in the guinness book of records immersive movie lengthiest demo ever many short clips from like 40 great films the best of the best in the Kaleidescape store this is the script from Hell, I have been putting together demos for 39 years so trust me., then an hour of best immersive concerts, followed by dinner in one or two restaurants (dutch treat except me that audiovideoholic, jeff and a couple of others birthday treat me).
11:30 with reconvene at the Omni Bar just down the escalator from our Alcons demo fourth room after the skybridge (same level), grab drinks and come up to the Lab.

Midnight is my Birthday and we start celebrating with a Rave Party the likes of its immersiveness you have never heard, in the future we will be able to downlaod 32 channel mixes from those being played at with the cp-850 at the Ministry of Sound in London, so let's see what that will sound like, though upmixed. Electronic Music and Alcons could not be a better match, we do so at 115db+ Followed by concerts and more concerts till 2 am.

Let's make this a yearly cedia staple and we can then organize the IMMERSION 2025 CLUB and bully disney and other quintuplet dipping studios to give us the content in Dolby Cinema Rank! When we want it.I have already started taking this fight twice a year to the filmmakers, and I am getting a warm reception as a lot of these guys are passionate enthusiasts too.

What do you all say? Let's show cedia how we roll!

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 08-31-2016 at 07:41 AM.
post #765 of 819 Old 09-01-2016, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Next Moon Of Saturn : LOGE Tease

Just a Tease of La Salle's dual function entertainment space, Media room with bar with a lake view during the day and Shutters N' Curatains to make it a cave, 6p laser, 11.1.9. This is a full bandwidth system on all channels thanks to the cr12's woofers.

3 Alcons CR3
16 Alcons CRS 12
2 Mariana Trench 24" subs.

Alcons intros CRS12 high-output pro-ribbon surround

The CRS12GT is a 2-way passive-filtered loudspeaker, designed to meet all requirements of current and future Digital Cinema immersive surround sound formats.

Featuring Alcons’ proprietary multiple-patented pro-ribbon driver technology, the CRS12GT combines an exceptional clarity and intelligibility with an unusually high dynamic range and up to 90% less distortion than traditional cinema surround systems. It is the ideal loudspeaker technology for complex sound sources as speech, music and effects and offers the most realistic immersive surround sound reproduction possible.

By utilizing identical MHF pro-ribbon transducers for screen- and surround systems, an exceptionally wide and uniform sound stage throughout the entire listening area is realized; This is especially striking in multi-channel cinema surround systems, but also in performing arts theatre surround systems.

The CRS12GT system consists of one RBN601 6” pro-ribbon driver for HF and a vented 12” mid-bass for LF reproduction. The CRS12GT HF section has a 1.000W peak power input, enabling a 1:15 RMS-to-peak dynamic range with lowest distortion from 1.000Hz to beyond 20.000Hz. The absence of a “compression threshold”, caters for a linear tonal balance at any SPL, from the almost silent whisper to even the largest explosions.

The patented horizontal dispersion of the Alcons RBN601 pro-ribbon transducer guarantees a very stable sound projection throughout the operating bandwidth, both on- and off-axis.

The all-NeoDymium speaker configuration lowers the total mounted system weight and facilitates easier installation.

Developed as high-output surround speaker in immersive surround systems, the CRS12GT is available with a 90° horizontal by 40° vertical dispersion (CRS12GT90) and with 60° horizontal by 30° vertical dispersion (CRS12GT60), for the surround locations closest to the screen channels. In combination with the 10-degree slanted baffle, the multi-faceted trapezoidal cabinet shape and the upside-down speaker arrangement, this enables a very precise projection on the critical listening area, while preventing wall and ceiling reflections.

For full system performance, the CRS12GT is to be driven by an Alcons ALC amplified loudspeaker controller, delivering maximum high-end HiFi sound quality with increased headroom and utmost operation reliability. The CRS12GT is available in 8 ohms and 4 ohms version, for maximum amplifier efficiency in individually-amplified immersive surround systems.

A specific Alcons feature, most interesting for cinema applications with its long speaker cables, is the Signal Integrity Sensing™ pre-wiring; This circuit inside the ALC ensures complete cable/connector compensation between the CRS12GT speaker and ALC amplified loudspeaker controller, significantly increasing response accuracy, regardless of cable length and system impedance, with tight and accurate mid and bass response as result (system damping factor of 10.000).

The CRS12GT can be supplied in any RAL™ color for perfect interior blending and comes with a 6-year “no-hassle” warranty.

The first CRS12GT’s have already been installed in larger Dolby Atmos™ installations throughout Europe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lOGE RENDER SIDE.jpg
Views:	1198
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1635441  
Lasalle likes this.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 09-01-2016 at 01:57 PM.
post #766 of 819 Old 09-01-2016, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Just a Tease of La Salle's dual function entertainment space, Media room with bar with a lake view during the day and shutters shutters to make it a cave, 6p laser, 11.1.8. This is a full bandwidth system on all channels thanks to the cr12's woofers.

3 Alcons CR3
16 Alcons CRS 12

The CRS12GT is a 2-way passive-filtered loudspeaker, designed to meet all requirements of current and future Digital Cinema immersive surround sound formats.

Featuring Alcons’ proprietary multiple-patented pro-ribbon driver technology, the CRS12GT combines an exceptional clarity and intelligibility with an unusually high dynamic range and up to 90% less distortion than traditional cinema surround systems. It is the ideal loudspeaker technology for complex sound sources as speech, music and effects and offers the most realistic immersive surround sound reproduction possible.

By utilizing identical MHF pro-ribbon transducers for screen- and surround systems, an exceptionally wide and uniform sound stage throughout the entire listening area is realized; This is especially striking in multi-channel cinema surround systems, but also in performing arts theatre surround systems.

The CRS12GT system consists of one RBN601 6” pro-ribbon driver for HF and a vented 12” mid-bass for LF reproduction. The CRS12GT HF section has a 1.000W peak power input, enabling a 1:15 RMS-to-peak dynamic range with lowest distortion from 1.000Hz to beyond 20.000Hz. The absence of a “compression threshold”, caters for a linear tonal balance at any SPL, from the almost silent whisper to even the largest explosions.

The patented horizontal dispersion of the Alcons RBN601 pro-ribbon transducer guarantees a very stable sound projection throughout the operating bandwidth, both on- and off-axis.

The all-NeoDymium speaker configuration lowers the total mounted system weight and facilitates easier installation.

Developed as high-output surround speaker in immersive surround systems, the CRS12GT is available with a 90° horizontal by 40° vertical dispersion (CRS12GT90) and with 60° horizontal by 30° vertical dispersion (CRS12GT60), for the surround locations closest to the screen channels. In combination with the 10-degree slanted baffle, the multi-faceted trapezoidal cabinet shape and the upside-down speaker arrangement, this enables a very precise projection on the critical listening area, while preventing wall and ceiling reflections.

For full system performance, the CRS12GT is to be driven by an Alcons ALC amplified loudspeaker controller, delivering maximum high-end HiFi sound quality with increased headroom and utmost operation reliability. The CRS12GT is available in 8 ohms and 4 ohms version, for maximum amplifier efficiency in individually-amplified immersive surround systems.

A specific Alcons feature, most interesting for cinema applications with its long speaker cables, is the Signal Integrity Sensing™ pre-wiring; This circuit inside the ALC ensures complete cable/connector compensation between the CRS12GT speaker and ALC amplified loudspeaker controller, significantly increasing response accuracy, regardless of cable length and system impedance, with tight and accurate mid and bass response as result (system damping factor of 10.000).

The CRS12GT can be supplied in any RAL™ color for perfect interior blending and comes with a 6-year “no-hassle” warranty.

The first CRS12GT’s have already been installed in larger Dolby Atmos™ installations throughout Europe.
11.2.9 you forgot the Center Height
post #767 of 819 Old 09-01-2016, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 6590 Post(s)
Liked: 4283
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Just a Tease of La Salle's dual function entertainment space, Media room with bar with a lake view during the day and shutters shutters to make it a cave, 6p laser, 11.1.8. This is a full bandwidth system on all channels thanks to the cr12's woofers.

3 Alcons CR3
16 Alcons CRS 12

I did not see any specs on the CRS12, but I would be very surprised to see a pro speaker like that have full 20 to 20k bandwidth and have high output. I could see an f3 point of 40hz, but 20hz, I question that.

mjgarrett100@gmail.com

My Baffle wall LCR build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html
post #768 of 819 Old 09-01-2016, 07:37 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Well that is low enough as long as it goes down to 50 it is considered a full frequency surround sound speaker, there are none in the category that go below say 35.
post #769 of 819 Old 09-01-2016, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Quoted: 6590 Post(s)
Liked: 4283
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Well that is low enough as long as it goes down to 50 it is considered a full frequency surround sound speaker, there are none in the category that go below say 35.
I agree. I was just commenting on the full range statement.

mjgarrett100@gmail.com

My Baffle wall LCR build: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/155-di...-tpl-150h.html
post #770 of 819 Old 09-01-2016, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I agree. I was just commenting on the full range statement.
The cost of bilingualism when you are slammed the english comes out more sloppy.
post #771 of 819 Old 09-02-2016, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1457 Post(s)
Liked: 410
Quote:
U picked an inopportune time to field that question this is a huge venture this year.

As to what options let's review we install 30 speaker system in Moscow and complete it perfectly while Russia was invading UK, We sold the World's first 35 speaker Altitude driven Quested system in Triton and what else we completed the New Reference Alcons Trinnov 35 speaker with Best LCR system designed with a unique shadowbox encased in a deep proscenium shaped in the right fashion to exploit width channel Atmos and Neural -X, and we did this In Istanbul in between Isis bombings and a"Coupe d'Etat attempt" this is not CINERAMAX's first attempted Coupe (Venezuela in 1992). We delivered as always EXCEEDING EXPECTATIONS with the best B-Chain in any home theater and pending THOR HC HDR. It is way more than just selling the system, our Alcons Trinnov systems get deployed by us no matter where. I wish we could get more jobs in the USA, perhaps after CEDIA.

The Company selling to me is Alcons Audio USA. The purchase goes through them but Always ships from the factory. Service will be prompt and effective.
Thanks.

I actually just wanted to know if there is an Alcons office or dealer here in Dubai.

By the way, I found a place/bar called The Music Room here in Dubai is using Alcons Audio speakers. Maybe I should pay a visit.
post #772 of 819 Old 09-02-2016, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

post #773 of 819 Old 09-02-2016, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Do it Kain...listen to them and go broke
CINERAMAX likes this.
post #774 of 819 Old 09-17-2016, 01:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Well the Alcons were very very impressive with the mid-upper end! Their pro sub drivers didn't really wow me any more than my Questeds but the mid upper end was something I've never heard before and to top it off my wife could tell they were amazing too! She's only once noticed an upgrade in our theater and that was the Sammy UHD player and 4K over the VW1100 upscaling. She could tell a huge difference just like I could.

I really wish all the surround cabs didn't need the Alcons amps!!!! If I could get by with only needing to purchase the amps for the larger speakers I would order them as soon as get home from CEDIA but I just have issues paying so much for amps that Are for surround channels and 20+ channels at that really adds up to rediculous amounts of money. Anyone that has pockets deep enough to get over the amp prices, these are a no brainer for sure. Just add some good DIY subs or a brand of your choosing that can keep up and that would be a top notch setup!
thxman likes this.
post #776 of 819 Old 09-19-2016, 02:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 557 Post(s)
Liked: 569
Tell John (CI in TX) that he can come demo the compacts at my home. I bet he would like to see what the smaller LCR sound like.
post #777 of 819 Old 09-19-2016, 04:56 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

post #778 of 819 Old 09-21-2016, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 896 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Quote:
Just a Tease of La Salle's dual function entertainment space, Media room with bar with a lake view during the day and Shutters N' Curatains to make it a cave, 6p laser, 11.1.9. This is a full bandwidth system on all channels thanks to the cr12's woofers.

3 Alcons CR3
16 Alcons CRS 12

I noticed you have two of the Mariana 24" subs. Are these the DSS Mariana 24's? I have dual Marianas myself and absolutely love what they bring to my system.
CINERAMAX likes this.
post #779 of 819 Old 09-21-2016, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL

Cool best of Awards

http://www.ravepubs.com/best-2016-cedia-expo-awards/

Best Audio Demo: Alcons Audio & Barco Residential Arts District 4 Room

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...G1q0cw0WgYa.97

Alcons is a company new to me, but they went all out in a Pro-for-Home, home theater setup. The speakers were a complex assemblage, with pro mid and high frequency drivers, the latter claimed to be an extremely rugged ribbon. The front speakers are shown in the slide being shown in the pre-demo briefing above (the room was far to dark for a more revealing photo). There were also multiple Alcons subwoofers, side height speakers, and rears that were scaled-down versions of the fronts (and would likely serve perfectly well as fronts in a more domestic-size space).
The cabinets are clearly intended to be hidden, as they’re unlikely to pass the home-décor test. As with much of the gear at CEDIA, they’re obviously meant for a dedicated home theater (or even a small commercial cinema!). All of these speakers were being driven by the rack of amps in the left of the photo, fronted by a Trinnov surround processor.

The projection was provided via a Barco Residential laser-lit model seriously lighting up a 185-inch Screen Acoustics UltraWeave V6 acoustically transparent screen.

I didn’t inquire about the price, but it was clearly on the “If you have to ask” category. The Barco projector alone is in the $350,000 range. But allowing for demo material that was unrelentingly aggressive, the audio was extremely dynamic and the picture superb.

Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...XUUPyGCfFz1.99
Lasalle likes this.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 09-21-2016 at 07:36 PM.
post #780 of 819 Old 09-22-2016, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 123
Quote:
http://www.ravepubs.com/best-2016-cedia-expo-awards/

Best Audio Demo: Alcons Audio & Barco Residential Arts District 4 Room

http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...G1q0cw0WgYa.97

Alcons is a company new to me, but they went all out in a Pro-for-Home, home theater setup. The speakers were a complex assemblage, with pro mid and high frequency drivers, the latter claimed to be an extremely rugged ribbon. The front speakers are shown in the slide being shown in the pre-demo briefing above (the room was far to dark for a more revealing photo). There were also multiple Alcons subwoofers, side height speakers, and rears that were scaled-down versions of the fronts (and would likely serve perfectly well as fronts in a more domestic-size space).
The cabinets are clearly intended to be hidden, as they’re unlikely to pass the home-décor test. As with much of the gear at CEDIA, they’re obviously meant for a dedicated home theater (or even a small commercial cinema!). All of these speakers were being driven by the rack of amps in the left of the photo, fronted by a Trinnov surround processor.

The projection was provided via a Barco Residential laser-lit model seriously lighting up a 185-inch Screen Acoustics UltraWeave V6 acoustically transparent screen.

I didn’t inquire about the price, but it was clearly on the “If you have to ask” category. The Barco projector alone is in the $350,000 range. But allowing for demo material that was unrelentingly aggressive, the audio was extremely dynamic and the picture superb.

Read more at http://www.soundandvision.com/conten...XUUPyGCfFz1.99
Congrats on the Best on Show Cineramax, fully deserved in my opinion! I see Soundandvision thought you were running the 6P laser by the way, which has to be considered positive as well; "...audio was extremely dynamic and the picture superb.". Homerun!

Proudly Representing DreamScreen.no // ScreenAcoustics.com // AT screens & more!
Founder AVforum.no // Norway´s leading AV community since 2002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page