Kaleidescape Strato Movie Player 4K HDR $4,500 - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 773Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 2754 Old 04-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Applemike68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Any update on the time frame for the audio implantation to the strato? I sure would like to watch my movies in ATMOS or DTS-HD.

My equipment:
JVC RS620Anthem MRX 1120,Kaleidescape Strato,Apple TV 4,oppo 203, Roku Ultra, paradigm 95f , 55c , svs sb16 ultra
Current Setup 7.2.4 Atmos
Applemike68 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 2754 Old 04-20-2016, 03:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wookii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,808
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post
Any update on the time frame for the audio implantation to the strato? I sure would like to watch my movies in ATMOS or DTS-HD.
I've been told 'April, but it could slip a little' - so April or early May Id say
Wookii is online now  
post #243 of 2754 Old 04-20-2016, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
JFR0317's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Houston
Posts: 873
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii View Post
I've been told 'April, but it could slip a little' - so April or early May Id say
Thanks for the update!

John
JFR0317 is offline  
 
post #244 of 2754 Old 04-21-2016, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Naylorman32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 765
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 444 Post(s)
Liked: 199
i forget the answer to this... but will a cinema one work with the Strato/vault anymore?
Naylorman32 is offline  
post #245 of 2754 Old 04-26-2016, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: PAN-ATLANTIC
Posts: 17,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
scripts coming to strato?

They are for demo, but since I consider myself the ultimate demo script curator I politely decline Kaleidescapes suggestions....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kaleidescape-Demo-500-and-Demo-1000-Quick-Setup-Guide.pdf (682.6 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 04-26-2016 at 05:27 PM.
CINERAMAX is online now  
post #246 of 2754 Old 04-26-2016, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wookii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,808
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
They are for demo, but since I consider myself the ultimate demo cript curator I politely decline Kaleidescapes suggestions....
Peter, is there a way to group your own clips in a script? I know how to create my own clips, but have long wanted to be able to group them together for demoing to friends etc?
Wookii is online now  
post #247 of 2754 Old 04-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
ceenhad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Glasgow UK
Posts: 559
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 75
It is clearly shown in the PDF that you can make your own scripts. This is great news for anyone looking for a unit to do demos with!

Neil Davidson - DT Screens
ceenhad is offline  
post #248 of 2754 Old 04-27-2016, 03:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wookii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,808
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1291 Post(s)
Liked: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceenhad View Post
It is clearly shown in the PDF that you can make your own scripts. This is great news for anyone looking for a unit to do demos with!
Its not that clear Neil, I didn't spot it!

These instructions are however, much clearer

Kaleidescape - Creating a Script
Wookii is online now  
post #249 of 2754 Old 04-27-2016, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
Montucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Montana
Posts: 957
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookii View Post
Its not that clear Neil, I didn't spot it!

These instructions are however, much clearer

Kaleidescape - Creating a Script
Nice!!! That'll come in handy for sure. Thanks for posting that up!
Montucky is offline  
post #250 of 2754 Old 04-29-2016, 10:40 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: PAN-ATLANTIC
Posts: 17,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Cool HDMI 2.0a Switching is a bitch....

Tried Integral with their special certified cables to no avail.

Tomorrow we get the Zigen rack mounted SW42




Ed from Zigen said it will work. We shiver with anticipation.
CINERAMAX is online now  
post #251 of 2754 Old 04-30-2016, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member
 
jbm007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Tried Integral with their special certified cables to no avail.

Tomorrow we get the Zigen rack mounted SW42




Ed from Zigen said it will work. We shiver with anticipation.
As you know, kOS 7.2 will enable CinemaScape and lossless bitstream audio output on Strato. kOS 7.3 will enable DVD and Blu-ray disc playback from a Disc Server, and will allow Encore systems to support more than four players.

Although the development for each of these kOS releases is nearing completion, it’s going to require a little more time to obtain the necessary certifications from third parties.
We expect the kOS 7.2 update to occur in May, and kOS 7.3 in June.

As always, these kOS software updates will occur automatically.

Dealer notification from K
jbm007 is online now  
post #252 of 2754 Old 04-30-2016, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: PAN-ATLANTIC
Posts: 17,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
CINERAMAX is online now  
post #253 of 2754 Old 05-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chadds Ford PA
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Anybody have any experience w/ the Strato and the Sony 665ES? Thanks in advance!
baseball0618 is online now  
post #254 of 2754 Old 05-02-2016, 06:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
jbm007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Yeah and the sad part is that the vault is already full ready to go. Good things come to those that wait.
I have 1075 DVDs on the server and 310 blu-rays in the M700

Looks like you have about then same.
jbm007 is online now  
post #255 of 2754 Old 05-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
jbm007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Yeah and the sad part is that the vault is already full ready to go. Good things come to those that wait.
I have 1075 DVDs on the server and 310 blu-rays in the M700

Looks like you have about then same.
jbm007 is online now  
post #256 of 2754 Old 05-02-2016, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: PAN-ATLANTIC
Posts: 17,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
what i kove about the downloaded content is the scenes and scripts, may have to double dip on some titles not at the 2 buck rate

Another thing iis the way you can mine the library by dbox,by atmos tracks, by genre (film noir ) and by aspect ratio, ultrapanavision: battle of the bulge, how west was won, mutiny on bounty,ben hur and hateful8.

by variable aspect ratio IMAX 2 of transformers,guardians of the galaxy, 2 batmans, interstellar,tron 2, hunger games 2, etc...

this thing fvcking rocks! damned cheap and the 4k GUI is wcg deep color. i love it!
CINERAMAX is online now  
post #257 of 2754 Old 05-02-2016, 07:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 4,679
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
what i kove about the downloaded content is the scenes and scripts, may have to double dip on some titles not at the 2 buck rate

Another thing iis the way you can mine the library by dbox,by atmos tracks, by genre (film noir ) and by aspect ratio, ultrapanavision: battle of the bulge, how west was won, mutiny on bounty,ben hur and hateful8.

by variable aspect ratio IMAX 2 of transformers,guardians of the galaxy, 2 batmans, interstellar,tron 2, hunger games 2, etc...

this thing fvcking rocks! damned cheap and the 4k GUI is wcg deep color. i love it!
As you mention the variable aspect ratios, I have, in my mind and on the Seymour screens thread a while ago, been engineering a solution that utilizes cinemascape to trigger motorized masking for variable aspect ratio screens. I'll let folks know how it works once implementation occurs. It would be ridiculous if it all works together smoothly.
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #258 of 2754 Old 05-03-2016, 04:02 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: PAN-ATLANTIC
Posts: 17,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
As you mention the variable aspect ratios, I have, in my mind and on the Seymour screens thread a while ago, been engineering a solution that utilizes cinemascape to trigger motorized masking for variable aspect ratio screens. I'll let folks know how it works once implementation occurs. It would be ridiculous if it all works together smoothly.
We have this running since 2011 at SKOLL.

What I want to do now for the OLED77 is zoom all cinemascope to 2.0 a la Vittorio Scorraro's UNIVISIUM 2.0. Sacrilege?

During HDR Live Action segment at this historic NAB16 Future Of Cinema conference the effects supervisor for the Jungle Book semi-agreed with the assesment (MIN.7:33) that cinemascope is basically "a kick in the nuts" in a Dolby Cinema or OLED77 where so much money is wasted on a per pixel basis otherwise.


Kaleidescape please we need a "Scorraro Approved" 2.0 zoomed mode and gui to better immerse the user.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 05-03-2016 at 04:22 AM.
CINERAMAX is online now  
post #259 of 2754 Old 05-03-2016, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: PAN-ATLANTIC
Posts: 17,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrolicBeast View Post
Whaaaaat? Seriously? Please PM me details if it's not Top Secret, proprietary information.
for the masking you would have to pay my guy John Stallcup who figured it out. He is the man. Also will do the auto UNIVISIUM OLED thing.
CINERAMAX is online now  
post #260 of 2754 Old 05-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chadds Ford PA
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 67
So if you buy a movie in the K scape store. How do you go about viewing it or downloading it onto a mobile device? Ipad for instance?
baseball0618 is online now  
post #261 of 2754 Old 05-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Advanced Member
 
jbm007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball0618 View Post
So if you buy a movie in the K scape store. How do you go about viewing it or downloading it onto a mobile device? Ipad for instance?
If it has UV rights you can go to the Ultraviolet site and download to your mobile device.

But may I ask what mobile device would be able to handle 4 gig UHD files?
jbm007 is online now  
post #262 of 2754 Old 05-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chadds Ford PA
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 67
none yet but I would think if you buy a UHD copy you should therefore be able to also use the std Blu-ray copy like you mention
baseball0618 is online now  
post #263 of 2754 Old 05-04-2016, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
Montucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Montana
Posts: 957
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseball0618 View Post
Anybody have any experience w/ the Strato and the Sony 665ES? Thanks in advance!
That's funny. That's EXACTLY the combo I'm doing myself. Just received my Stratos today. Now just waiting on my 665 to arrive. I'll let you know. Something tells me that the combo won't disappoint. Audio will be going through a Yamaha CX-A5100/MX-A5000 pre-pro setup. Going full Atmos/DTS:X in this instance. Can't wait to play with it! Drooling just waiting for the gear.

Also setting up another combo with a Sony X940D, a Yamaha YSP-5600 sound bar with dual in-wall subs. Man I love toying with all this stuff and seeing what different combinations do. Glad I'm among like-minded friends here because I believe my wife and friends all think I'm crazy.
Montucky is offline  
post #264 of 2754 Old 05-04-2016, 10:47 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Chadds Ford PA
Posts: 300
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montucky View Post
That's funny. That's EXACTLY the combo I'm doing myself. Just received my Stratos today. Now just waiting on my 665 to arrive. I'll let you know. Something tells me that the combo won't disappoint. Audio will be going through a Yamaha CX-A5100/MX-A5000 pre-pro setup. Going full Atmos/DTS:X in this instance. Can't wait to play with it! Drooling just waiting for the gear.

Also setting up another combo with a Sony X940D, a Yamaha YSP-5600 sound bar with dual in-wall subs. Man I love toying with all this stuff and seeing what different combinations do. Glad I'm among like-minded friends here because I believe my wife and friends all think I'm crazy.
Great news. Looking forward to hear how the two play together and see what you think! If and when I jump in on the strato I will be running through an Interga DHC 80.6/ DTA 70.1

Last edited by baseball0618; 05-04-2016 at 11:02 AM.
baseball0618 is online now  
post #265 of 2754 Old 05-04-2016, 02:29 PM
Member
 
Micke_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
is there a good app for the strato to use on your ipad to control? i am planning to get a crestron system but can take a while since programmed
Micke_ is offline  
post #266 of 2754 Old 05-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
jbm007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 582
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke_ View Post
is there a good app for the strato to use on your ipad to control? i am planning to get a crestron system but can take a while since programmed
Kaliedescape has a app for it in the Apple store.
jbm007 is online now  
post #267 of 2754 Old 05-05-2016, 05:08 AM - Thread Starter
LICENSED TO THRILL
 
CINERAMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: PAN-ATLANTIC
Posts: 17,636
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2224 Post(s)
Liked: 1267
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
CINERAMAX is online now  
post #268 of 2754 Old 05-05-2016, 05:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BrolicBeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Charles County, MD
Posts: 4,679
Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1350 Post(s)
Liked: 1426
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
but many of us jumped ship to the galaxy 7 e, where is that app. apple free and happy as fvck!
Galaxy 7 for the win!
BrolicBeast is online now  
post #269 of 2754 Old 05-09-2016, 03:07 AM
Member
 
Micke_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 81
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 14
What name has the app in applestore? i searched for Kaliedescape but found only apps that looked old, last uppdate 2014 etc
Micke_ is offline  
post #270 of 2754 Old 05-09-2016, 03:31 AM
Member
 
jtjjen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 62
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micke_ View Post
What name has the app in applestore? i searched for Kaliedescape but found only apps that looked old, last uppdate 2014 etc
Kaleidescape App for iPad. Last update 16 Mar 2016.
jtjjen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off