AVS Forum banner

5 years in the Making Aegir moives forward

1K views 29 replies 7 participants last post by  PF 
#1 · (Edited)
Quested Z series...

THIS BECOMES THE WORLD'S FIRST ALL AES3 TRINNOV-QUESTED (OR ALCONS SYSTEM) INSTALLED.

EMPHASIS IS MADE on the all digital chain fed system .

No pesky analog amplifiers are infecting the design. Just Kidding!!!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
More docs from original thread at DCI-Forum. This layout is obsolete I will explain the why's later....

THE ONE AND ONLY THING PERFECTLY IDEAL is the location and spacing of the 6 tops. How prescient of me that it would rock our world those that sat at the back row at cedia....

Negotiating with Brett Crockett Technical Director atmos home programme.

that was in 14, for 7 years Im throwing tHome Atmos rule book out based on what we learnt at Alcons/Trinnov booth in 16.

Someone was toying with the idea back then of coaxials....;).

This would have been cool , for the next house when they flip this one...

Now this weekend I start anew, a design that leverages the exact window of directivity where the HF is 1-20khz, about 60 degrees.

So the old design would be more suitable for alcons, but the way Im going to lay out will be better in 3 ways.

#3 ·
We go with seatons f2 2 corners and 2 subplats., in fact I will always go with seaton, but not for the sub which I have never heard, this Mofo has earned my lifetime loyalty because when all the cry babies from Germany to Turkey to Austria to Dallas, ANYWHERE trhrew the towel in on DTS-X and the PRIMORDIAL UPMIXER FROM HEAVEN, in fact it should just be called HEAVEN, the one primary consideration of any IMMERSIVE CINEMA DESIGN: Neury (the love of my life allmighty NEURAL-x, then comes Atmos 45% importance due to 800 movies coded to date, but all the other codecs and upmixers they are 5% important. So Why is Arnaud Solo ignoring the concept of weighed average. Neural-x 50% importance, atmos 45%, everything else 5% important.

Well Mark made the DTS-X and The Neural-X rock , because he used his instincts on the fly, and not like these Europeans involved Walter, and A2 which made DS sound better, WHAT SACRILEGE. When Instrumentation fails use your Ears!!!! Fix the instrumentation.

So This theater will take into account the z-series controlled dispersion lensing for eact positioning, the new Daisy Cutter concentrated drop zone for speaker allocation spin the objects around your head and duck a lot, and not the boring inferior spin the objects around the walls, IDIOTIC! Waste of money! Unrighteous!

It also takes advantage of the system time delay to place all the tops, 10 if you can concentrated in the daisy cutter drop zone. When the front high speaker is too close to you and in violation of atmos guidelines, and the second tops a bit some too, delay them Fvckers, still have them where they count. Where you will hear the popping from one to the other..

Si that is why this classic grid array is totally (with the exception of the postion of the 6 tops)WRONG!

#4 · (Edited)
17 by 9 image like JUNGLE BOOK's DP/VFX supervisor agrees the aspect ratio should be: 1.90. Constant Image Top 1 way bottom up masking like in HYPERION and the exact same as NAIAD V6XXL. 16 channel Quested z-active system.

Since Trinnov will be a future addition, I used My G-Speak tutor for the rendering instead of Arnaud Laborie.;)Ok Strike That Trinnov going in now. 24 channel.

Attachments

#5 ·
Theater dimension
HxWxD
9'7"x 18'4" 30'6"

This changes screen to

either 18'2" x 9'5" frame-less oppo 2.0 zoom 1.92 aspect ratio

or 17'6"by 8'7 bottom up masking 2.04 AR side masking is also an add on without any further side frame width increment.

FOR THE RECORD IMMERSION 2025 CINEMAS MAKE THE SCREEN AS LARGE AS THE WALL/FABRIC CAN HANDLE.

WE DON'T SWEAT OUT COMPLETELY UNNOTICEABLE STUPIDITIES LIKE exact aspect ratio minutea
. Sue Me!!! GC

#8 · (Edited)

This is the undercarriage and leg support that a Saturn Moon needs to have, having separate calf and thigh support is anti-ergonomic , uncomfortable and so Palisade. I remember that brand from the Price Is Right in the seventies... OK for Bob Barker but a no no in a maximum immersion vehicle.IM 2025 Rank.

Same thing on my other fav chair the strato MkIV.

#11 ·
Yep, has to convert to analog at some point before it gets to the woofer and tweeters. Marantz touted their all digital speakers for years, but at some point in the chain, analog has to appear.

#16 ·
Class D has nothing to do with digital input or not, except NAD M2 and maybe a few other amps. 99% of all class D amps are analog input. Some (pro) amps have a dac (and dsp) in front of the analog input. You can of course do that in front of big heavy A/B amps too. And no, I have not lifted the big ATIs. I like my speakers big, but amps small. ;)

Appelz, I think you may have predicted the future of AV: A wire (or wireless?) straight to the brain. :cool:

#17 ·
Ok let's use the Meridian example, for far too long the subwoofers on a TRINNOV -ALCONS system was grouped among the secondary 16 analogue outputs, the first aes 16 rocked big time, I look forward in the not so distant future, perhaps impending perhaps 72 hours away(I wish) to be able to go all digital.

When Meridian took their analog sub and put a digital input, the sub performed 200% more dynamic, cleaner, transparent and realistic.

By thge same logic, I won't plan to be using no :Dstinkin:D analog amps hopefully in any other new moons.:D

If for any reason Trinnov chooses to unplug the altitude's DIGITAL potential, if my prayers to the moon gods be considered, we are beginning to see what the IMMERSION 2025 panorama will be like.

Arnaud: 40-48 channels aes 96/24, build it and they will come!

#18 · (Edited)
And how many customers are going to need 40+ channels, let alone appreciate any benefits from an all-digital chain until you output power to speakers and subs? A minority within the 500 owner or so Trinnov niche? Or is the Bell-Aire circuit that big?

#20 · (Edited)
You have a point: if the Altitude handles all the n-way active crossover management, following your description yesterday AM, as well as three or four subs and six heights (passive), there's something like 44-45 output channels.

Just the thing for a reference level private cinema for 10 or so friends that's an improvement on one of those AMC Dine-In theatres...add in a KScape with a Vault and a Prima server with Atmos support and you'd never go out to the movies again 😊

Reactions: CINERAMAX
#23 ·
What do you think of the potential of this type of point source for other Non-ceiling applications like surround or may I dare if you are seating close LCR?

Many an audiophile declares the point source being ideal how bout these guys?
Possible Yes? No?

There is chatter of other sized models coming down the pike.

#24 ·
I would love to see CLF files on that speaker. AMT designs usually have a very narrow vertical dispersion. Good in-ceiling Atmos speakers suitable for large rooms are hard to find. Most of my clients won't accept surface or pole mount designs.

#30 ·
Incredible. What a project. I couldn't agree more about the video equipment decisions, the array of sound, and the Cinematech seating. Incredibly comfortable products and a superb company to work with.

The only topic I might open up for discussion is the Grafik Eye selection. A cathedral of perfection like this demands Lutron Homeworks or Crestron.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.