AVS Forum banner

The Primogenial IMMERSION 2025 Expert Viewers Club's Curated Laser VIP Tour sessions

14K views 151 replies 12 participants last post by  CINERAMAX 
#1 · (Edited)

AS YOU ATTORNEY I ADVICE YOU TO SKIP TO THE CHASE HERE.

Christie CP-4325.Restrained Rendition or accurate reference monitor?

The Barco Thor HC is compelling in the color gamut department, almost surreal. Certainly the highest endorphin payload at the show. The Question is what is the long term effects of it's powerfully addictive psychologic effect. Nirvana for Life or eventual Color Saturation Fatigue? A review of similar phenomenons in the field of Loudspeaker coloration and soundstage vs. Precise Image is warranted.

-------------------------------------------------------OLD Event and EVC Organization STUFF-Boring!

IMMERSION 2025 Concept and Goals.

This will be the greatest cinemacon ever and I am so proud we have formed the club to show the manufacturers that we are a force to reckon with as a cutomer, that our demands may be higher than those set by the Movie House suits, and hopefully it's the best thing for all p[artirs. So many projectors, so much anciliary trecvhnology, networked immersive audio that is another monster.

I created this thread fto assure due diligence of every critical must see aspects.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
BARCO DP4K-40L HC with HDMI2.0 BD 3D and UHD-BD HDR enabled

Wolfgang told Barco to use the dci color d65 rather than the limier looking ( not with bad teeth :D like the fruit;)) regular dci color space, thanks!

We get to do a hands on session after hours. 2 potential clients are attending plus Bryan who already ordered one. UHD BD HDR should be ready without messing up the capacity to show BD 3D.

Barco is not only doing us a favor but I will show them the power of A GC curated 3-D demo, this will hopefully be done in AUROMAX AUROMATIC which nicely upscales anything originally released in ATMOS downmixed to legacy BD.

#8 ·
This promises to be the McDaddy of HomeCinema Projectors especially when done in pairs as it is 3P Laser (the requirement to full rec 2020).

5,000 cr. Native portends well for superkontrastization.
What's the story with this projector? Size? Need a chiller? Cost?? Whoop ass picture??:)

#4 ·
NEC RGB and R+B pumped phosphor

Waiting on Dolby IMS that takes hdmi 2.0a

Digital Cinema Laser/Phosphor Projector MODEL: NC1700L-A
Designed for theaters with small to medium screens, NEC’s NC1700L DLP cinema RB Laser projector delivers an enhanced theater experience with pristine images. The NC1700L is the next generation laser projector with its RB laser system. The RB Laser system offers richer colors with unsurpassed brightness for the ultimate cinema experience. The all-in-one Integrated Media Server (IMS) with 2 TB RAID5 of storage offers versatile connectivity, while reducing the number of peripheral devices needed. The NC1700L features a S2K chip set from Texas Instruments® with precise 2K (2048 x 1080) resolution, 2D and 3D capabilities and is easy to operate with user-friendly accessibility and up to 20,000 hours of laser life for unsurpassed TCO.
Laser light source ensures no black screen
Approximately 20,000* hours of expected usage of the laser and DMD (depends on environmental conditions)
3D content utilizes the projector's full 2K resolution and triple flash technology for smooth motion
Complete line of (5) bayonet-style lenses with electronic zoom, focus and lens shift and lens memory
Direct selection buttons for eight stored projector configurations

#5 · (Edited)
Sony one eyed patent leather deco loco monster?

Yup the front half of this rig about 7 feet long. They took my phone and forced me to delete the pictures, 11 engineers, this year am bringing reinforcements.:D

What is so special? dual 4k rgb light engines permits 14-f stop hdr with one projector, also dual simultaneous frame per eye 3D on one projector, MONOCULAR. Sony has new green LASERS. Smaller versions of these will replace the 5000, crystal ball says.

#10 ·
:D!

Well, we are getting closer to getting ready to build a new home and I'll be in the market next year around CEDIA. Need to know how large to design my projection room!:D

#12 · (Edited)
Did I give you those numbers Peter? I estimated its size last week. No pictures allowed then. It did have the Boxer style bumb on the front. I would have said it is longer than the 60 centimeter you quoted, more like 75-80 plus bulb and lens upfront, so just the box, 60 wide 50 high. At ISE one could see it from the side aswell. Though it was sitting up above my head.

#14 · (Edited)
That is disgusting to read first thing in the morning, Please Donald one more bodily analogy, I unfriend you call it a nipple, mothers milk,

As a matter of fact please amend the first post to say nipple, trust me it looks exactly like many in real life.;)

I will delete this, it clutters the thread exposition below continued.

#16 ·
I'm officially in. Got my show passes arranged for, and dates held on my calendar.

Reactions: CINERAMAX
#19 ·
Is there a schedule yet? Show runs from the 27th-30th, but I'd rather not be committed to being there 4 days.

#21 ·
so i had a good chat with the seniormost engineering person in the Americas, the guy knows a lot, had not heard about our VIP Club demo, but he took care of it with Tim and it is officially in the works now.

The dp4k 40LHC will introduce cinemacon to the concept of HDR for any cineplex. This will be a sight to see DCI in hdr with Barco 6p. He asked if we wanted also to use the blu laser but I declined, i explained i was bringing video superfreaks. It will be a great tour, next week I try get a hold at the fine folks at Chrisitie.

I will explain a bit later about DCI 2.0 and the interim HDR spec this cinemacon PREMIERES.

#22 ·
What will the interim HDR spec entail? Barco says all its digital cinema projectors have the PQ curve, but metadata, particularly the 100 nits and high values need to be entered manually through the communicator software, as unlike HDMI there is no metadata link from DCP yet.

#23 ·
There is a working sub-comitee developing standards, what we will see is Barco's Implementation of it as THEY DEEM FIT.

My Source above is very excited about the PQ which could be Da'reference.

Please write your questions and the EVC will address with the manufacturers as applicable during the tour. Thanks, and thanks for the Alcons YOUTUBE!!!

#24 ·
Parking an importamt headline in this thread

Dolby Vision HDR may be coming to a game console near you

Dolby's HDR standard is now available in a software version, which means it can show up on existing TVs and game consoles.

FROM C/NET EXCERPT

Dolby has announced that its HDR standard Dolby Vision is now fully software-based, meaning that existing devices such as consoles and televisions can take advantage of it.

"There are implementations that can run Dolby Vision in software, certainly in the console space but also in the TV SoC (System On a Chip) space," Dolby reps said Friday in Forbes.

Dolby Vision is a standard for High Dynamic Range (HDR) video that allows compatible displays and source devices to show content with much higher contrast and color saturation than previous broadcast material. It is a competitor to another standard, HDR10.

Many proprietary standards require specific hardware. And while there will be hardware implementations of Dolby Vision as well, offering a software version means customers won't necessarily need to buy a new TV to watch encoded content.

SNIP

One advantage that Dolby Vision has over HDR10 is that Dolby Vision won't require HDMI 2.0a to run. It will run with HDMI 1.4, which potentially allows compatibility with more legacy hardware.

This eliminates any stumbling block to incorporate in projectors and video processor.

Let's make the manufacturers IMPLEMENT IT!!!!

This post has been deleted
#29 · (Edited)
The people that will receive the 3d-server are traveling so scheduled to go out to Barco first thing this week. It worked fine in 2015 so hopefully it will play this time.

Also heard from Christie exec. who put me in touch with the right party to set up a meet time and demonstration. They are very confident about what they are about to unveil, they say have an advantage obver Barco's lower end BluLaser in which Barco put all resources. Christie is diversifying 3 ways in the smaller venue department with blu, red and blu and rgb. The guy seemed excited.

It is still hard to create a schedule for like Barco is deliberating the best time to do this. Their concern is they don't want our 3d- demo to take down the system for the show. Conservative I know but entirely plausible scenario, worse things have happened to Barco like NO BOTH BUILT to BOOTH BUILT TOO LATE.:(

But it is a small enough show where 2.5 days should be sufficient to cover:

Barco
NEC
Christie
Cinemeccanica New Compact Laser Head.
Third Party Laser add ons company.
SONY prototype 2 engine in out one lens monster. For this we need to play Sherlock Holmes.
Dolby Cinema demonstration.

Then for Audio:
Atmos
DTS-X Demo
Auromax (we get to try that renderer) is the plan.
QSC Qsys Networked Audio
Other Network Audio
Dolby B- Chain
Alcons
Trinnov - I really need 2 hours with Arnaud to put NAIAD layout to Bed( stay put or minus 3 channels) and show what TRITON is today and what It would be if we take it to TRITON 2025 (Uwe has not said no to the idea of a study to take from 32 to 48 aes fed Quested channels :D).

The RealD Ultimate Screens Despeckling on and Off demonstrations.
V6 Fabric Tests with Barco and Christie (i bring 1 meter square samples). Will show/look for Negative Light Matrix contrast enhancement plus despeckling properties.
3_D systems
Projector Stands and Hushboxes
Othe Miscellaneous Cinema Items (lenses, portholes, etc etc...)

GREAT NEWS I have found a technician armed with a PR-670 (which is needed for all 1-2nm laser based projectors both in the Color Calibration phase and the Spectral Color Calibration BARCO and PCT Chrisitie. These are 2 steps of the 3 step CINERAMAX AMGtization QC process, the other final identified step is quite complex but the one person that can confirm at Barco is at CINEMACON so we will find how complicated/expensive this final extra tweak could be or not.

#32 ·
Hi Brad it has not been possible to setup anything with the vendors except that we should on the 28 report to Barco like 11-12 am to get the standard demo and coordinate for the 3d demo. Then we should proceed to sony and chrisitie in that order.

It's Uwe, Taker, you and Adam, so only 5 of us.

i repost from above the things we need to accomplish. I will retry to setup Chrisitie today with the new EVP in charge of those projectors, I will also request access to demos at ATMOS Theater today, if not we will have to Dolby Booth also in those first hours to confirm.

Barco
NEC
Christie
Cinemeccanica New Compact Laser Head.
Third Party Laser add ons company.
SONY prototype 2 engine in out one lens monster. For this we need to play Sherlock Holmes.
Dolby Cinema demonstration.

Then for Audio:
Atmos
DTS-X Demo
Auromax (we get to try that renderer) is the plan.
QSC Qsys Networked Audio
Other Network Audio
Dolby B- Chain
Alcons
Trinnov - I really need 2 hours with Arnaud to put NAIAD layout to Bed( stay put or minus 3 channels) and show what TRITON is today and what It would be if we take it to TRITON 2025 (Uwe has not said no to the idea of a study to take from 32 to 48 aes fed Quested channels ).

The RealD Ultimate Screens Despeckling on and Off demonstrations.
V6 Fabric Tests with Barco and Christie (i bring 1 meter square samples). Will show/look for Negative Light Matrix contrast enhancement plus despeckling properties.
3_D systems
Projector Stands and Hushboxes
Othe Miscellaneous Cinema Items (lenses, portholes, etc etc...)

Adam / Bryan text me in the morning of 28. three zero five- two zero six -six zero seven three

#36 ·
Adam / Bryan text me in the morning of 28.
I have a meeting Tuesday morning that I can't miss ( Somehow, we have gotten involved in the audio/video/lighting/special effects for a new theme park. I dunno...)
so I won't be arriving in Vegas until around 4pm that afternoon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.