post #91 of 118 Old 08-23-2017, 04:51 PM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Liked: 1266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Integration View Post
JBL Synthesis is a system. Meridian is a system. Steinway Lyndorf is a system. Along those lines... But different in a few very unique ways.
Quote:
Dynaudio says that its new architectural products embody the same core technology, expertise and attention to detail found in its traditional products, as well as its professional products. Those products will join the Special Forty this year in San Diego as part of its CEDIA exhibit on September 5-9... Exhibiting at booth #2700 at CEDIA, Dynaudio will also introduce the first products in the ultra-high performance Dynaudio Cinema Series: the Cinema Master 60... “Dynaudio will equip a special exhibit room at the Marriott Marquis Hotel with a high-end home cinema system, partnering with Datasat Electronics to create the most realistic cinema experience,” explains Mick Tillman, Eastern sales director, Dynaudio... Werdean adds the company’s demo and overall commitment to the custom channel will be a priority during the show in order to impress upon show attendees the level of performance the company brings to market...“The first Dynaudio loudspeakers were a revelation when they were introduced,” says Werdean. “We’re confident that integrators and dealers who get the chance to see and hear our newest products will find them to be similarly transformative. We can’t wait to blow them away at CEDIA.
Quote:
FYI I have been Beta testing this system at home and it is EPIC
Since you mention JBL Synthesis and Steinway Lyngdorf how do you consider this new audio system by Dynaudio compares with respect to these regarding audio performance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 118 Old 08-23-2017, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARROW-AV View Post
Since you mention JBL Synthesis and Steinway Lyngdorf how do you consider this new audio system by Dynaudio compares with respect to these regarding audio performance?
I would say that these are all good systems. The X factors are that Dynaudio has the two channel pedigree as well as the pro experience and that they chose to partner with other industry heavyweights. JBL is part of huge corporation but that can be a negative as they don't have the culture of excellence. Steinway has the culture but not the muscle. Dynaudio has always been able to maintain excellence while quietly building an amazing amount of products. I would say that no company could bring this level of performance for anywhere near what this price will be. Having been to the factory, I have seen how Dynaudio can engineer and prototype so quickly and then bring the muscle of a company that makes millions of drivers and I do mean millions per year. When you see the process that every driver is tested 3 times before it leaves the factory. When you see that they make EVERYTHING in house including cabinets, they can completely control the process and the results.

If you like Dynaudio two channel systems and or their center channel speakers you will love this system. I have never been a fan of horns so I am somewhat biased. I would say we no longer have to choose between sound quality and output. You would expect a speaker company to load you with as many speakers as possible but that is really not the case here.

Once there are more press releases I will be able to share more. Keeping the coolest system I have seen under wraps for this long has been a daunting task in itself.
post #93 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 01:09 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
I would say that these are all good systems. The X factors are that Dynaudio has the two channel pedigree as well as the pro experience and that they chose to partner with other industry heavyweights. JBL is part of huge corporation but that can be a negative as they don't have the culture of excellence. Steinway has the culture but not the muscle. Dynaudio has always been able to maintain excellence while quietly building an amazing amount of products. I would say that no company could bring this level of performance for anywhere near what this price will be. Having been to the factory, I have seen how Dynaudio can engineer and prototype so quickly and then bring the muscle of a company that makes millions of drivers and I do mean millions per year. When you see the process that every driver is tested 3 times before it leaves the factory. When you see that they make EVERYTHING in house including cabinets, they can completely control the process and the results.

If you like Dynaudio two channel systems and or their center channel speakers you will love this system. I have never been a fan of horns so I am somewhat biased. I would say we no longer have to choose between sound quality and output. You would expect a speaker company to load you with as many speakers as possible but that is really not the case here.

Once there are more press releases I will be able to share more. Keeping the coolest system I have seen under wraps for this long has been a daunting task in itself.
Mmmm, sorry, but we don't agree at all regarding what you've stated about JBL or Steinway... That's just not factually correct... But whilst we're at CEDIA I will definitely stop by the Dynaudio booth to audition this new system

post #94 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 05:01 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Mmmm, sorry, but we don't agree at all regarding what you've stated about JBL or Steinway... That's just not factually correct... But whilst we're at CEDIA I will definitely stop by the Dynaudio booth to audition this new system
Sorry it came across as "facts" those are my opinions. It is possible that both of these companies could produce a product that could well be superior. I have a lot of experience with JBL going all the way back to the very first Synthesis where they explained they had horns and domes with a switch for music and movie modes. It was an interesting exchange I had with the JBL rep that day

My point was/is that a company no matter how good or big they are attempts to build the best audio system, without collaboration it will always be more difficult.

It will be interesting to hear your opinion. Make sure when you get your ticket to the demo you come and talk.

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
post #95 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Liked: 1296
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
I double down on most of what Dave stated.

I need to post my expensive failures with said companies and how discovering dynaudio and then rediscovering recently has always been an ear opener.

At the Marriott i plan on bringing an sacd of jeff beck wired that is as pristine a quad rendering as I have heard. Then i with witnesses from here, will request that the door to the room be opened, it will sound as if Jeff Beck and Jan Hammer were playing inside the room. HAVE NEVER BEEN ABLE TO EXPERIENCE this performer in the room next door test on any shows or system during 40 years only the esotars can do that. But also now when playing filmmakers UNDERWORLD EVOLUTION you can holographically listen how these humanoids shape shift into lycans and the size increase via augmented frequency response and decibel but also creates corresponding air displacement ( that is the beni of having such cohesiveness).

I had the number 2 serial number JBL synthesis one in my house and later clients theater were pharell composed happy. Talk about buyers remorse, then 2 years later, while running around the upper floors of the congress hotel 7 minutes to closing I ran past a small brass quartet and had to back track i walked into the room and could not see the huge speakers I was expecting, the compact confidence 3's were there. It was a life changing event. I have been conditioned to great piano performances of Chopin, Perez Prado, De Falla and Debussy executed on a Pleyel Piano Chopin's and all the above mentioned composer fav inst. (that had a distinct double strike mech) since being in the womb, my music room growing up had a hammond b3, a fender rhodes, a moog, spanish, brazilian and folk guitars, and every brazilian percussion instrument. The dynaudios ability to recreate live music even when NOT IN THE SAME ROOM is the ultimate test. My only problem has been getting it to not lose the full bloom past reference. If licked I'm all chips in.

Hey class a pass labs in 200 watts are 21k each, ouch no go.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 08-24-2017 at 08:51 AM.
post #96 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
they explained they had horns and domes with a switch for music and movie modes. It was an interesting exchange I had with the JBL rep that day

My point was/is that a company no matter how good or big they are attempts to build the best audio system, without collaboration it will always be more difficult.
That music portion was a total waste, floyd could not make it sound convincing in the 3 day class, i simply bought the three movie center channels, the subs were great and in that room those surrounds sounded glorious because of the diffusive ceiling.

Your collaboration statement does concern me a tad, i totally approve of the sound quality of the datasat system for the demo.But l prefer to do my own vetting nonetheless as to what i like and what i consider relevance of features accessibility use. My systems kick in the adrenaline so fast that with the change in galvanic skin response and sweat we lose tactile traction on the ipads, it's useless as a control, i use it to show the kaleidescape cover period. The Marantz remote dataset needs to improve upon for their next box.

The dynaudio contour 380's sound phenomenal here with NO eq on a lowly marantz with ati amps in 5+wides+4. That is the most remarkable part of the speaker, then if it can be suitable accessorised with better kit i am all for it.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 08-24-2017 at 08:50 AM.
post #97 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 08:02 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
Sorry it came across as "facts" those are my opinions. It is possible that both of these companies could produce a product that could well be superior. I have a lot of experience with JBL going all the way back to the very first Synthesis where they explained they had horns and domes with a switch for music and movie modes. It was an interesting exchange I had with the JBL rep that day

It will be interesting to hear your opinion. Make sure when you get your ticket to the demo you come and talk.
No worries I was simply a tad surprised at those couple of comments, that's all... The primary reason why I'm interested in checking out this new offering by Dynaudio is because I already have a lot of respect for the brand. Where as it happens I also have a lot of respect for both JBL and Steinway, where my honest opinion is that correctly and optimally designed, installed, set up, and calibrated etc. you can achieve some very nice sounding systems indeed with all three of these brands of audio systems. But I'd rather not enter into a contest between these brands if that's OK, because IMO they are all excellent, as are others, such as Alcons Audio for instance.

Where suffice to say, you'll have to be the one to tell Rob Hahn that his JBL Professional HT is garbage.

Furthermore, I can personally vouch for the fact that a properly designed Steinway system is most certainly not lacking 'muscle'... you must be joking! For example, I wouldn't call +16dB higher output at 8 metres as compared with JBL Professional's flagship to be lacking 'muscle'. No way!

That said, don't take my word for it! If you ever find yourself visiting England please come and pay us a visit and I will be more than happy to demonstrate a number of audio systems to you that which will indubitably change your perspective!
Very much looking forward to experiencing the delights of this new audio system from Dynaudio

Quote:
Well, I will be auditioning it with an open mind and with impartiality... Is the demo ticket / invitation only? Or is it a walk-in?

Last edited by ARROW-AV; 08-24-2017 at 11:02 AM.
post #98 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
No worries I was simply a tad surprised at those couple of comments, that's all... The primary reason why I'm interested in checking out this new offering by Dynaudio is because I already have a lot of respect for the brand. Where as it happens I also have a lot of respect for both JBL and Steinway, where my honest opinion is that correctly and optimally designed, installed, set up, and calibrated etc. you can achieve some very nice sounding systems indeed with all three of these brands of audio systems. But I'd rather not enter into a ****ing contest between these brands if that's OK, because IMO they are all excellent, as are others, such as Alcons Audio for instance.

Where suffice to say, you'll have to be the one to tell Rob Hahn that his JBL Professional HT is garbage.

Furthermore, I can personally vouch for the fact that a properly designed Steinway system is most certainly not lacking 'muscle'... you must be joking! For example, I wouldn't call +16dB higher output at 8 metres as compared with JBL Professional's flagship to be lacking 'muscle'. No way!

That said, don't take my word for it! If you ever find yourself visiting England please come and pay us a visit and I will be more than happy to demonstrate a number of audio systems to you that which will indubitably change your perspective!
Very much looking forward to experiencing the delights of this new audio system from Dynaudio
Thanks for the thoughtful response...FYI when I muscle I was thinking more about manufacturing and financial than output. I am glad to see we even have these choices. The manufactures are finally starting to take theater seriously. If you are coming to Cedia drinks are on me
ARROW-AV likes this.

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
post #99 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 08:36 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
Thanks for the thoughtful response...FYI when I muscle I was thinking more about manufacturing and financial than output. I am glad to see we even have these choices. The manufactures are finally starting to take theater seriously. If you are coming to Cedia drinks are on me
Ah OK then... it sounded like you were of the opinion that Steinway lacks potency and JBL has excellence issues

Quote:
Remember this number 125
125 ft diameter drivers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
YES! HIGH SPL.... Peter, tix bought... see you the Thursday in San Diego... Party!!!!
@CINERAMAX @thebland hey guys, how about we all meet up at the Dynaudio Booth #2700 on the Thursday, and the drinks will be on me? I'd value both your professional opinions, plus it would be great to meet you. Just say a time and I'll be there

Also, be sure to bring along your SPL meters... and I'll bring a tape measure so we can measure whose is the biggest
CINERAMAX likes this.
post #100 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Ah OK then... it sounded like you were of the opinion that Steinway lacks potency and JBL has excellence issues

125 ft diameter drivers?

@CINERAMAX @thebland hey guys, how about we all meet up at the Dynaudio Booth #2700 on the Thursday, and the drinks will be on me? I'd value both your professional opinions, plus it would be great to meet you. Just say a time and I'll be there
Exactly, I had someone tell me once that there was "No Way" Dynaudio could make a speaker to compete with his favorite brand. My response was It isn't possible? When you have a company that actually makes their own drivers for 40 years... anything is possible. The question was did they want to do so.....This will be answered in a big fat yes Sept 6th
ARROW-AV likes this.

post #101 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 08:55 AM

Ok we do, cigars on me. Also someone has to play jeff beck inside the room and open the door for us to do the dynaudio room next door test.
ARROW-AV likes this.
post #102 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 09:51 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
Exactly, I had someone tell me once that there was "No Way" Dynaudio could make a speaker to compete with his favorite brand. My response was It isn't possible? When you have a company that actually makes their own drivers for 40 years... anything is possible. The question was did they want to do so.....This will be answered in a big fat yes Sept 6th
Both my laptop and backup laptop have integrated Dynaudio audio systems... Seriously

Now obviously a laptop's audio system has its limits, after all its a laptop! But what is abundently clear is that, as far as laptop audio systems are concerned, to say it sounds impressive would be an understatement. And I've yet to hear better.

But of course that's not my only exposure to the brand... But suffice to say it's one of multiple reasons why I have been impressed in the past and why I'm pretty excited to audition whatever new wizardry the Dynaudio elves have created.
post #103 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Both my laptop and backup laptop have integrated Dynaudio audio systems... Seriously

Now obviously a laptop's audio system has its limits, after all its a laptop! But what is abundently clear is that, as far as laptop audio systems are concerned, to say it sounds impressive would be an understatement. And I've yet to hear better.

But of course that's not my only exposure to the brand... But suffice to say it's one of multiple reasons why I have been impressed in the past and why I'm pretty excited to audition whatever new wizardry the Dynaudio elves have created.
It reads like a joke, what do you get when you cross a recording studio with a killer 2 channel room and a state of the art theater.....
ARROW-AV likes this.

post #104 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 10:41 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1676 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Quote:

125 ft diameter drivers?

Also, be sure to bring along your SPL meters... and I'll bring a tape measure so we can measure whose is the biggest
Free drinks? I'm in. I'll be at the convention center by 1PM (or earlier) - I fly in that morning.

Sounds good. Look forward to meeting you.
Lasalle and ARROW-AV like this.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #105 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 10:53 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Quote:
It reads like a joke, what do you get when you cross a recording studio with a killer 2 channel room and a state of the art theater.....
Yes it does, sorry about that! The point I was making is that Dynaudio seem to be able to get superb performance out of whatever technology, even something as restricting and limiting as laptops
Mr. Integration likes this.
post #106 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Yes it does, sorry about that! The point I was making is that Dynaudio seem to be able to get superb performance out of whatever technology, even something as restricting and limiting as laptops
I was saying was like a joke...a really good joke. See you at the show
ARROW-AV likes this.

post #107 of 118 Old 08-24-2017, 02:43 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 691 Post(s)
Liked: 529
So...4 pages to tease and speculate about a system whose primary virtue is that it's LOUD. Okay then.

Stuck up, half witted, scruffy looking, nerf herder.
Double True!
post #108 of 118 Old 08-25-2017, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
So...4 pages to tease and speculate about a system whose primary virtue is that it's LOUD. Okay then.
Yes and a Maybach is just a car that goes fast

post #109 of 118 Old 08-25-2017, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Yes and a Maybach is just a car that goes fast
So we're agreed then.

Double True!
post #110 of 118 Old 08-25-2017, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonymoody View Post
So we're agreed then.
I guess my sarcasm was not as apparent as I thought. So what day should we expect you to visit?

post #111 of 118 Old 08-25-2017, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
I guess my sarcasm was not as apparent as I thought. So what day should we expect you to visit?
Nor was mine.

I get bleeding edge performance, exotics, the whole thing. I just don't hyperventilate about it.

Double True!
post #112 of 118 Old 08-25-2017, 02:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 211
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Free drinks? I'm in. I'll be at the convention center by 1PM (or earlier) - I fly in that morning.

Sounds good. Look forward to meeting you.
I should be there by noon Thursday as well.
post #113 of 118 Old 08-25-2017, 06:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1676 Post(s)
Liked: 1011
Let's pick up where we left off after the show...
Lasalle likes this.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #114 of 118 Old 09-01-2017, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

https://www.ravepubs.com/dynaudio-re...up-cedia-2017/

post #115 of 118 Old 09-01-2017, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 443 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Looks promising! Love the beefy look (even though they would be hidden behind a screen, lol). 135db? drool. Not that I'd listen at that volume often but nice to have headroom.

Design by Rives...dollars by The Bogg

Click for my build thread
post #116 of 118 Old 09-01-2017, 10:28 AM

Looks great, and here comes the lossless immersive Quadraphonics cavalry to put the cherry on top. Dave I am dropping the quadraphonic lossless media player at your shop this afternoon, there is no better trove of multichannel music on the planet Otto wants to Listen after hours maybe Wednesday, but the early adopters club here wants to listen to the last session demo on friday.Can we spin some quad for the club on friday at 5:30 after the last demo?

The bubble seeking community thanks you in advance.
post #117 of 118 Old 09-01-2017, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Club Gold

That will not be in my control, but I doubt it. However since we have this system in the Vault already you can come and play after Cedia. I cannot show it until after the 5th but you can have an afternoon once it premiers.

The only other one is at my house and I am leaving for SD

post #118 of 118 Old 09-01-2017, 12:31 PM

Mike said maybe after hours, In Hotel you have no 5 o'clock limit, can run all night if you want. Ill just bring my player and hand it direct. besides I am working with otto on other things there, so i have pull, thanks for the heads up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page