CEDIA DINNERS and SPECIAL DEMOS THREAD - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 58Likes

post #91 of 184 Old 09-02-2017, 06:48 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
ok,

Are you going to CEDIA 2017 next week in San Diego, CA? If so, we have a real treat for you! Sony is hosting a special AVS Forum meetup on Saturday, September 9, from 10:00 to 11:00 AM. We will gather in Room 5B on the upper level of the San Diego Convention Center, two levels above the exhibit hall.

During the meetup, Sony will share two important presentations. The first will be a close look at projector-based high dynamic range (HDR) imaging, including the challenges unique to projectors, system setup, and projector adjustments for best results. Then, we’ll take a look at HDR-capable projectors from several companies in a side-by-side comparison.

Next, we’ll have the opportunity to see HDR-capable flat-panel TVs from several companies in their own side-by-side comparison. Unlike most such demos, the TVs will be fully calibrated, and we’ll compare that with their out-of-the-box default performance. The discussion will also include differences in HDR tone mapping and the importance of video processing.

If you can make it to this AVS Forum-exclusive meetup, please post a comment in this thread so we have some idea of how many people to expect. It will be a very special event at this year’s CEDIA Expo, so I hope to see you there!

I will be there for the Sony meetup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 184 Old 09-02-2017, 11:52 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 632 Post(s)
Liked: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland View Post
Hey Ted, did you make a reservation at Water Grill for Thursday? I wasn't clear if you did or didn't so I tentatively made one under my name for Thursday.
You just wanted to be 100% certain that the Pro-Theta and Anti-Theta finally meet! Me, too! I hope our matter and anti-matter explosions don't warp us too far to a future CEDIA event!

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #93 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 03:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 55
San Diego declares health emergency to combat hepatitis A outbreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
You just wanted to be 100% certain that the Pro-Theta and Anti-Theta finally meet! Me, too! I hope our matter and anti-matter explosions don't warp us too far to a future CEDIA event!

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/0...-outbreak.html
thebland likes this.

mark

post #94 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 05:30 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1675 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Thursday dinner Group -8:15 PM - final tally #13

WATER GRILL

Brad
Walter
Taker
Jeff+1
TheBrusz +1
Bryan
Lon+1
Marlene S
Peter
Ash

So far. Two tables. Might be able to work out one.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.

Last edited by thebland; 09-03-2017 at 09:13 AM.
post #95 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 05:36 AM

Quote:
It will be like Trump and Kim Jong Un being together for dinner . I am confident a lot of wine will solve this and any disagreement! The anti-Theta sentiment is long gone... they actually made it to DIRAC, Atmos and DTS-X... hard to knock it!

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
post #96 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 06:30 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 509
Quote:
Thursday dinner 8:15 PM - final tally #14

Brad
Walter
Taker
Jeff+1
TheBrusz +1
Ds Schultz +1
Bryan
Lon+1
Marlene S
Peter

Jeff,
Please include me in the Thursday list.
Look forward to seeing y'all.
Ash
thebland likes this.
post #97 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Hey Ted, did you make a reservation at Water Grill for Thursday? I wasn't clear if you did or didn't so I tentatively made one under my name for Thursday.
HI Jeff!

Sorry for the late reply, was traveling yesterday. No I haven't done any reservations for the group for Thursday. I can't be there Thursday night, have previous dinner plans.
post #98 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 09:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:
Thursday dinner 8:15 PM - final tally #15

Brad
Walter
Taker
Jeff+1
TheBrusz +1
Ds Schultz +1
Bryan
Lon+1
Marlene S
Peter
Ash

I can't make the Thursday dinner, I'm coming down that evening on the train & will be in rather late.
thebland likes this.
post #99 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted C View Post
HI Jeff!

Sorry for the late reply, was traveling yesterday. No I haven't done any reservations for the group for Thursday. I can't be there Thursday night, have previous dinner plans.
OK. No worries, I have it handled.

post #100 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
It will be like Trump and Kim Jong Un being together for dinner . I am confident a lot of wine will solve this and any disagreement! The anti-Theta sentiment is long gone... they actually made it to DIRAC, Atmos and DTS-X... hard to knock it!
Actually Mark Burnstein vouches for what a nice great guy you are. Kim Jong has no one vouching for him except Putin. I'll go with Mark and you@
thebland likes this.

You mean you don't remember me? Back 1999 - 2003, I started and moderated the AVS Tweaks forum and also the AVS Special Guests forum.

My home theater at:
post #101 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 09:36 AM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 234
Quote:

WATER GRILL

Brad
Walter
Taker
Jeff+1
TheBrusz +1
Bryan
Lon+1
Marlene S
Peter
Ash

Hi Jeff:

I was unable to make Thursday dinner, Peter took me off, sorry for any confusion.
thebland likes this.
post #102 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 11:01 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1006 Post(s)
Liked: 1264
Quote:
We are all invited to a mystical journey of musical engulfment.

Be there. New alcons speakers and trinov 32. High spl super freaks not allowed in.

4pm thursday at second level c-25 barco alcons
Oh yes... Looking forward to this! "Mystical journey of musical engulfment" love it!

Hey Peter @CINERAMAX shall I bring along a tape measure such that we can measure and compare SPL meters?

Quote:
What a menu, i am gorging on this one. I will beat Walter at last.

My order
CHARRED FOIE GRAS 22 HUDSON VALLEY / POACHED BOSC PEAR / BAROLO REDUCTION / BRIOCHE

EAST OR WEST 16 COAST OYSTERS C.F. - D.F. DRESSED IN CHAMPAGNE / GINGER / SHALLOT MIGNONETTE / CLASSIC ACCOMPANIMENTS

LOCAL YELLOWTAIL CRUDO C.F. - D.F 17 PONZU / RAYU / MICRO CILANTRO / LIME / CHERRY TOMATO / CALIFONIA AVOCADO / SERRANO

JAPANESE MIYAZAKI PREFECTURE A5MILD CLIMATE / IDEAL CONDITIONS FOR RAISING CATTLE / 22 PER OZ / MINIMUM 6 OZ 8oz

LOBSTER TAIL 19 x2

SHAVES OF UMBRIA 12 ITALIAN BLACK TRUFFLES
SHRIMP 17 MACARONI & CHEESE
Well that's my food ordering taken care of... All I need to do is say to the waiter/waitress: "I'll have what he's having"

Last edited by ARROW-AV; 09-03-2017 at 11:35 AM.
post #103 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 11:30 AM
We're Nuts About AV

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1006 Post(s)
Liked: 1264
Quote:
THURSDAY AT 4PM quadraphonics revival in neural x .CC second floor by escalator Barco Alcons C25.

THURSDAY at 8:15 at the Water Grill: -15 people, Walter, Brad, Taker, Jeff+1, TheBrusz +1, Bryan, Marlene S (RealD), Mark
ME, 007+1 (please advice if you have changed plans otherwise there might be a cancel fee), Jon Lygren +1

FRIDAY 5 PM QUADRAPHONICS REVIVAL IN DYNAUDIO DATASAT MARRIOTT CARLSBAD ROOM (PENCILED BUT LIKELY)

FRIDAY DINNER Greystone Steak and Sea 8pm: Brad, Walter, Taker, Jeff+1, Bryan, Shultz +1, Mark, ME, Ted C+1, Nigel Arrow, Andrew 007 +1, Mike Miles, lygren+1, 18PEOPLE, (tom and david only possible last additions) which would make it 20 then.

LOOK FORWARD TO THIS.
Confirming I can and will be doing Thursday 4PM Alcons Experience, Friday 5PM Alcons vs DynSat, and Friday Dinner... It's only the Thursday dinner that I can't make
post #104 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quoted: 2273 Post(s)
Liked: 1296
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Quote:
It will be like Trump and Kim Jong Un being together for dinner .
You Forgot Fidel Castro and his cigars.
post #105 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
Hi Jeff:

I was unable to make Thursday dinner, Peter took me off, sorry for any confusion.
keep the two seats open just in case.

I may have a local client (and when i say local when you come up out of the cc building look up). It would be beneficial to meet with brad and walter 15 and 15 percent of my brain trust, am having dinner with the guys and walking his PH. Get ready for my most epic project beyond your wildest imagination. and under 700 so not bad.
post #106 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
THURSDAY AT 4PM quadraphonics revival in neural x .CC second floor by escalator Barco Alcons C25.

THURSDAY at 8:15 at the Water Grill -15 people
Walter
Brad
Taker
Jeff+1
TheBrusz +1
Bryan
Marlene S (RealD)
Mark
ME
007+1 (please advice if you have changed plans otherwise there might be a cancel fee)
Jon Lygren +1

FRIDAY 5 PM QUADRAPHONICS REVIVAL IN DYNAUDIO DATASAT MARRIOTT CARLSBAD ROOM (PENCILED BUT LIKELY)

FRIDAY DINNER Greystone Steak and Sea 8pm
Brad
Walter
Taker
Jeff+1
Bryan
Shultz +1
Mark
ME.
Ted C+1
Nigel Arrow
Andrew 007 +1
Mike Miles
lygren+1

18PEOPLE

(tom and david only possible last additions) which would make it 20 then.

LOOK FORWARD TO THIS.

stu get added back for friday if in, 007 you are down for both days liable for 200 at this point (), Tom Back and David should attend to their clients at the dinner but as you know they are Dutch Just kidding. Ash standing by for you, now that you will be able to afford the cledis, sit close to me.
Please add me, the Bruzer, and my friend Pete to both of the above!

My home theater at:
post #107 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
ok,

Are you going to CEDIA 2017 next week in San Diego, CA? If so, we have a real treat for you! Sony is hosting a special AVS Forum meetup on Saturday, September 9, from 10:00 to 11:00 AM. We will gather in Room 5B on the upper level of the San Diego Convention Center, two levels above the exhibit hall.

During the meetup, Sony will share two important presentations. The first will be a close look at projector-based high dynamic range (HDR) imaging, including the challenges unique to projectors, system setup, and projector adjustments for best results. Then, we’ll take a look at HDR-capable projectors from several companies in a side-by-side comparison.

Next, we’ll have the opportunity to see HDR-capable flat-panel TVs from several companies in their own side-by-side comparison. Unlike most such demos, the TVs will be fully calibrated, and we’ll compare that with their out-of-the-box default performance. The discussion will also include differences in HDR tone mapping and the importance of video processing.

If you can make it to this AVS Forum-exclusive meetup, please post a comment in this thread so we have some idea of how many people to expect. It will be a very special event at this year’s CEDIA Expo, so I hope to see you there!
Yea the Bruzer and friend Pete will delay drive back to Phoenix area so we can attend this!

My home theater at:
post #108 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
You Forgot Fidel Castro and his cigars.
Castro's dead. But his cigars live on!!@@

My home theater at:
post #109 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 02:06 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 266 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
And no Cigar for Mr. Integration either for being a sly fox. It seems like I said Alcons has it and the american audio industry has fallen asleep at the wheel, we are caught with our pants down. The quested system in Hans Zimmer was better than the munro in 2010, then we weaponised it with the beymas.

I love Dynaudio for small rooms playing at reference levels, their contour line is the very best, but i do not approve of something that has been done over and over studied, deliberately assessed not passing every muster under the new atmos rules, and sold like the latest thing. My loyalty is not to one brand, the dynamic speaker dynaudio solution is best in class for playing reference but the single tweeter esotar breaks up this at high spl's. In my Skoll design I added an esotar mid to handle the extra stress to their THX version (the one used at disney for 10 years).
I will encourage everyone to come and listen to the new system. There is a shared heritage with the M3 which actually break 135db but that was a different product. I would never claim this or any product to be the best ever. I have seen an impressive list of studios and movie mastering houses that use the M3.

I am interested to share with everyone what I have found. If you don't like it, that is fine. I don't take this personally, except maybe the part about being a "focus group"
CINERAMAX, Ted C, sdrucker and 1 others like this.
post #110 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

i WAS JUST PULLING YOUR LEG BUD. i BELIEVE IT WILL SOUND GOOD, THE FOCUS GROUPS ARE OVER AT HARMAN.

I continually look at both sides of everything so please do not parse one post as it will never be remotely accurate to what I am thinking,cumulative speaking, blame it on a virgonian critical thinking defect of character what not. it's just the way you presented, and i understand the nda, made us have to work too hard, at the moment it felt as a oh, i have grown to ppreciate more the system since that post, i have also blown several woofers since that post., you can have 2 cigars.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 09-03-2017 at 02:56 PM.
post #111 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Integration View Post
I have seen an impressive list of studios and movie mastering houses that use the M3.

I am interested to share with everyone what I have found. If you don't like it, that is fine.
Yes but Andy Munro is the inventor of the M3, and on the M4 he had an extra 2 inch esotar. That is what was going in on skoll in 2009, i had to jettison the idea because there was zero confidence in Tact Audio, and there was no room for other amps. So I am glad, and I am sure will be among one of only two best in show demos.

Now sharing your findings is something highly commendable, it has worked for me in the past 5 times. See ya!
post #112 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Please add me, the Bruzer, and my friend Pete to both of the above!
Steve you're in... I'm booking Thursday only.

This is Thursday:

WATER GRILL

WATER GRILL

Brad
Walter
Taker
Jeff+1
TheBrusz +1
Bryan
Lon+1
Marlene S
Peter
Ash
Mark Seaton +1

Last edited by thebland; 09-05-2017 at 10:39 AM.
post #113 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Quote:
i WAS JUST PULLING YOUR LEG BUD. i BELIEVE IT WILL SOUND GOOD, THE FOCUS GROUPS ARE OVER AT HARMAN.
Grrr....what do you have against focus groups? A well moderated, intelligently constructed focus group is the stuff of good research. Not sufficient alone, but an essential tool (pun intended) for feedback from live humans. Preferably double-blind...

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 32 (24 channel), NAD M27 amps (3)
Video: JVC RS600, Seymour 100" UF Screen, Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 (coming soon)
Misc.: Oppo 103, Oppo 203 UHD player, JRiver
Speakers: PSB Imagine T3 LCR, Imagine T Wides and Side Surround 1, T2 Side Surrounds, Imagine XB rears, PSB CS1000 ceilings (6), HSU ULS-15 Mk 2 subs (4) - 11.4.6
post #114 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

I like flying solo [I have been a musician since being in the womb, i really enjoy the quad years, have seldom listened to stereo, developed an HDR WCG video visual aesthetic using top prototype scaling, projection and optical screen technology over 20 years, joe k joels and sam runco took it from under after me showcasing at stereophile 94 and gave it to all my new integrator competitors] in the hopes of soaring, over 40 years, like hot wheel runway tracks i accumulated what worked for me, unfortunately this is a brutal industry with manufacturers not living up to their promises, wholesomely, barely made it up in the air. I did get a massive R&D boost during the first 5 of last 7 years, but because the immersive industry is in it's infancy, i have been debugging, looking at better alternatives, and basically stacking a lot of more runway tracks, with no sure outcome until recent. It has looked bleak for me a couple of times since the invasion of ukraine. All of a sudden the CEA changes the rules of the game, and my dusty old runway tracks turns out had tremendous virtue for the new tasks at hand HDR WCG and close personal envelopment immersive audio, where everyone else is wrong and I am right wait.

If from 2015 till June i felt i had 2 years of runway lead (average) over the incumbents (the integrators in high demand), the last 3 months have been a payout in Kharmic breakthroughs, technological trends in history come and go in cycles, btw. I too had a Dynaudio finding as mr. integration has recent here at the Holiday Inn Express too, so i am sure it sounds phenomenal and i wish all involved great success, i was just was a bit letdown, ttoo optimistic I guess, the whole thing could have been teased a bit more straightforward to temper the reaction when the deciphering of the likely architecture of the system to be unveiled would be dug up(thanks to Maikel depotter), by the way the subwoofer selection still under NDA, is the same brand that solved a big missing piece in my puzzle for the latest project across the cc, and i approve what they did, some of the very best brands to be sure. But the exact brand mix has been at prometheus since 2011. I wanted dynaudio to give us weaponised home cinema passive kit, that was all. Sorry for the diatribe which was reactive to the long tease. Big hug dave, break a leg, sorry for being a dick there.

Now I have been to 6 london studios with Phil from Munro acoustics and some things we did there for the Skoll THX double esotar rig appear to be beneficial to further versions of the m3.

Now on the subject of runway length and soaring solo thing, during the last three months I have accumulated a runway range between me and the incumbents that went from 2 years to 20 years, (about how long it will get them to copy exactly what i am doing next). # soaring.

The new speakers developed by alcons during the last 2 years have been co-designed by me, or delivered later as per my exact request earlier and them saying no this cedia is just that case, i have zero involvement in the demo this years except spinning some quad and kraftwerk atmos, I want to help dynaudio keep toe to toe in the high end cinema arena with alcons. They can totally obliterate the rest of the market just Par for different courses but both are best in class.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 09-03-2017 at 04:14 PM.
post #115 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 04:05 PM

What Alcon speakers are we going to see at CEDIA?

post #116 of 184 Old 09-03-2017, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

the crms left center right, the crmsc widths and rears, and a bunch of crmsc sr on the bed,: top: NOT SELFISH WORM 7 feet apart but all the way open to accommodate a 15 seater exclusion box (yuck - but they are pleasing the audience and not playing favorites).

6x new crmsc-hrvr with 90x60 instead of the 90 by 30 on the bed. That last part i surmise, as not purview to correspondence but that is one of the 2 goals now by alcons new solution: like Quested wallz and zky which I had shared with them, except AMT's have now Joined CD Horns in the cemetery of Dinosaurs RIP!

I am happy that Dave did accomplish what i failed to do for many decades, GETTING DYNAUDIO FOCUSED IN HT. However alcons has more runway than I had expected, that is why this is an epic CEDIA. For preternatural immersophile audiophiles. The video, let me be kind by shutting up, we can hope cledis shows up that is all.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 09-03-2017 at 04:27 PM.
post #117 of 184 Old 09-04-2017, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 675 Post(s)
Liked: 444
Quote:

FRIDAY DINNER Greystone Steak and Sea 8pm
Hey Peter @CINERAMAX can I add one more for the Dynaudio demo and dinner? Just learned that Stephan Evanitsky will be in town and he'd love to join us.
post #118 of 184 Old 09-04-2017, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome he is my favorite guy in the Industry.
dschulz likes this.
post #119 of 184 Old 09-04-2017, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Castro's dead. But his cigars live on!!@@
I was speaking in terms of famous Historical strongmen, please don't jinx me. Say take back. Please!!!
post #120 of 184 Old 09-04-2017, 06:41 PM

The Dynaudio looks like a fun demo. I'm staying at that hotel. See you there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page