I love it when pretty plastic beats Wilson... - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 522 Old 12-16-2003, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 42
My first reaction to listening to these speakers was...

Is that SACD? Yet it was a redbook cd. I believe from one of the cello Hindu music recordings.

Something in this speaker is done darn right otherwise it would not sound that good. And it sounded better than any Meridian sub 16,500 pair, that is for sure.

Not everyone has to like Wilson you know? I know I don't. The sound to me is dry, it roars, what do audiophiles call that warm? It sounds like a Cary amplifier. They both send me pouncing onto the nearest waterfountain. Then you have to deal with the attittude of the Man itself, which is reminiscent of Tzucc's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 522 Old 12-16-2003, 10:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by CINERAMAX

Not everyone has to like Wilson you know? I know I don't. The sound to me is dry, it roars, what do audiophiles call that warm?
Ummmm.... I don't know what Wilsons you are listening to but warm is the farthest thing from how they sound... they are incredibly accurate. Either you have never listened to Wilsons or need to have the wax removed from your ears (and I do not have a love affair with Wilsons).
post #93 of 522 Old 12-16-2003, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I stopped listening to Wilson's 10 years ago. And at that time the Grand Slams and the Puppies, roared with dryness. I suggest you change your tampon.
post #94 of 522 Old 12-16-2003, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, 10 years ago Wilsons were very bright... not warm (again, I am not defending Wilson and am not a Wilson fan... just questioning your ability to judge good sound)...
post #95 of 522 Old 12-16-2003, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Just trust my ability not to fall for Audiophilia Bulshiteria, these speakers sound fantastic in a normal living room withouth having to build an Altar.

I am putting my money where my mouth is with B&O.
post #96 of 522 Old 12-16-2003, 01:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by TheMadMilkman
Okay, my last chick comment, I promise.

Greatest spot on earth? Catania, Italy. Eastern coast of Sicily. The 8 months I spent in that city were divine... :D
I heard of this place. From what I understand it is strong indeed. I would like to visit there one day. Btw you have excellent taste in speakers :).
post #97 of 522 Old 12-16-2003, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CINERAMAX

Not everyone has to like Wilson you know? I know I don't. The sound to me is dry, it roars, what do audiophiles call that warm? It sounds like a Cary amplifier. They both send me pouncing onto the nearest waterfountain. Then you have to deal with the attittude of the Man itself, which is reminiscent of Tzucc's.
But we all have to like B&O over Wilson, otherwise to you we are arrogant Americans, deserving of terrorist attacks? No worries, you won't have to deal with me, and many other seekers of the high quality audio experience. You won't be selling much stuff to people around here, given your ludicrous posting.

You really need to take Sales 101 over again.

rotary subwoofer install blog ultimate subwoofer install : http://bassment.wordpress.com/ ... c
post #98 of 522 Old 12-16-2003, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tzucc
No worries, you won't have to deal with me, and many other seekers of the high quality audio experience.

Let's call that a mutual good riddance then.
post #99 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 01:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
I find the comment to QQQ by Cineramax (which he has highlighted) completely inappropriate, anywhere on this forum. I am really surprised that a moderator or owner of this website has not spoken with Cineramax regarding his attack on QQQ.

I still get goosebumps (not in a good way) when I hear or see any reference to that hideous attack.

Cinemamax you are personally on my Sh-- List. It may be a free country, but as far as AVS is concerned I say you should get the BOOT!!!

Joey
post #100 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Cinemamax,

I personally feel that you should apologize to everyone on this thread for that ridiculous statement about the WTC.

Joey
post #101 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 03:49 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You and I are reading two different things into it.

The satement QQQ highlighted was made to TZUCC. Can't you read?

QQQ and I are fine. I explained where I was coming from, which was a genuine statement that I had been holding inside for a year, and did not have the opportunity to bring out. That said I may get around to edit it later.

RE :911) I apologise if it offends you, that it offends you. And believe I was affected as anyone here by that tragic event. I cannot however apologise for promoting respect for all cultures. And therfore cannot edit out that part.

This is rethorical:
But if I go saying that we should cut off new Orleans because I don't like the Cajuns, I am setting a bad precedent in intoleramce, and may get some cajuns mad at me.

I see my duty as an American, to project America in a kind and respectful fashion to all the other citizens of this world. We cannot impose our whims and much less talk down to other cultures, not only because that will get us enemies, but because it is wrong. So stop being so sensitive, and be a more responsible and tolerant citizen.

I will now share a poem with you in Spanish. Because that is how it rhymes.

La dama delicadeza (lady delicate)
salio al Jardin (went out to the garden)
tropezo con un Jasmin (tripped on a Jasmin)
Y se rompio la cabeza (and cracked her skull)

Have a little thick skin.
post #102 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 04:29 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

I can't believe any forum would keep a member that maintains a SH_T list of any kind.
post #103 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 05:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
This thread, being in the "high end elite" forum, reminds me that having money doesn't automatically give you class.

Some people here have a distinct lack of it.

post #104 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 05:37 AM

It is not often that I agree with Bigus but this is certainly one of them
post #105 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 06:02 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Look it's very easy for you guys that did not have to escape comunism,and had relatives executed by firing squad, and loose evrything your family built up over a century, for you to sit here and tacitly acquiese to the statement made about cutting Miami off, which started this "FLAMENKRIEGS". I find your absolute lack of synpathy to that fact infinetely more distasteful. The title of the thread was DONE WITH A SENSE OF HUMOUR. Cut the Flak and we will get along better.
post #106 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 06:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 106
I am still amazed at the vitriolic behavior of audiophiles. No other hobby (e.g. wine collecting) has so much name calling, discussing terror attacks, and ANGRY discussion

It embarrasses me that I am part of a hobby that includes people like this.

Folks: This is NOT life or death. It's a hobby that is supposed to be about enjoying music (or movies) Get a life !!!!
post #107 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 06:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 19
UNtil this thread, I have not seen or heard of these speakers.

Is the sound affected if I place some Bonsai trees on them?..:)

Curt

www.curtpalme.com - CRT tech info

www.soundsolutionscanada.com -pro audio website
post #108 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally posted by audioguy
I am still amazed at the vitriolic behavior of audiophiles. No other hobby (e.g. wine collecting) has so much name calling, discussing terror attacks, and ANGRY discussion

It embarrasses me that I am part of a hobby that includes people like this.
You must love it since you have clearly immersed yourself into these people and chose a handle like "audioguy"
post #109 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 09:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 22
Cineramax,

The problem is YOU are the one who ASSUMED that Tzucc's derogatory reference to Miami had something to do with Cubans, race, bigotry, or intolerance. YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE that it had ANYTHING to do with these things whatsoever.

My gosh, it was just a simple slam against a city. People make cracks about cities or states all the time: Cleveland, New York, Hollywood, San Francisco, you name it. I've heard people talk about letting California fall into the sea more than once, and I never assumed it was a slam against Mexicans or gays in particular. It's just someone making fun of the state I live in.

Now if someone says the same thing about San Francisco, I might guess he's talking about gays, but if he doesn't say so explicitly he could just as easily be talking about liberals, the homeless, or the Museum of Modern Art. And frankly I wouldn't mind if San Francisco fell into the sea, because it would raise my town's home values.

So YOU are the one who brought race or intolerance into the discussion, and elevated it to the level of absurdity by bringing up the WTC.
Quote:
Have a little thick skin.
Had you followed this advice yourself we would not be having this discussion. This thread could have continued in the spirit of humor that you claim this thread was started with.

And if you're so inclined, you should check out Tzucc's hometown of Saratoga, and you won't feel slighted by his comments about Miami anymore. I mean, nice houses, and a good fondue restaurant, but that's about it. After 10PM the place is dead. (Maybe everyone is inside watching their home theaters.) Of course, that about describes my town too.

Michael
post #110 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

It is a good point, but I respectfuly dissagre, based on the sum of the contents of posts, in my view the reference was clearly and directly inferrable. Not that anyone should give a damn.
post #111 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 10:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

"The sum content of posts?" Peter, I kindly refer you to post #23, where you decided for no apparent reason to suggest that perhaps you were being made fun of because you are Cuban-American. Heck I'll be honest with you, I had no idea that you had Cuban heritage, and I'd be surprised if Tony did either. What can I say, I learn something every day. You're the one who brought up "multicultural Miami" for no apparent reason.

So: nobody brought race into this discussion until you did. And there was no need to bring race into it, either.

And nobody did so after that, either: until you did again in post 31 by calling Tony a bigot. (Oh, I'm sorry, a "biggot"). After that, it was fair game.

Michael
post #112 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

This just keeps getting more ridiculous...

Makes for a good laugh.

Official Vandersteen Whore.

Proud father of the cutest two kids you'll ever see. Honest.
post #113 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Ok screw my Cuban heritage. Nobody messes with my City. Like that better? :)

Guys I have had a really rough three years. First losing my business because a race car driver killed another one and lost his wits, had two women declare war on me, lost everything in a divorce, was listed as missing in 2001 events, I put together an awesome little shop that only sold Fujitsu Plasmas and was forced to close it ayear ago, because of the longshoremens strike, and to make matters worst have not been able to deliver 3 Fujitsu 61"s this year. And now this thread. i probably brought it all on my own, yet I am looking forward to finally getting out of this cursed existance with some exciting new prospects, please cut me some slack, OK?
post #114 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 12:28 PM

Peter--you always seem to have the same lame excuse for your comments made on this forum. I saw the same silly posts several months ago between you and Joey Calda. We all have our cross to bear but yours seems to be unusually heavy. Methinks you should be talking to a shrink or getting yourself on regular doses of Prozac rather than always blaming business,divorce accidents etc for your less than professional behavior
post #115 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

This has little to do with professionalism, if I wanted to be a professional first and foremost, I would have stayed in MIS. This is my passion, and I shall defend my interests whichever way I see fit. If you have a hard time imagining who would buy anything from me, believe me I manage.

This year alone I have pushed the bar in Videophilia with a newly developed Torus screen and the implementation of the Mosquito Noise Reducer. You'd be amazed to understand how good DVD Video can be today.

Back to the topic, The Bang & Olufsen Beo 5 is a great product for its price considering it includes the amplification and auto EQ, deserving the audition of a large segment of the population. Please stop impossing unrealisticly high standards to the 16k price range.
post #116 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 12:59 PM

Peter--again --best recommendation--Prozac 20 mg once daily and see a shrink. You always seem to try to convince us as to how good you are. Perhaps you are but then again at what price? Your sanity?
post #117 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 01:10 PM

Liked: 17
Jesus, this discussion is going south.Perhaps members can shake hands and call it a day, huh?

Regards
post #118 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 01:37 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

You are right, and with Mercury retrograde I am unsubscribing myself from my own thread, and leave the audio lunatics to rant on their own.
post #119 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 02:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 50
My girlfriend tells me that Zoloft is the good ****... much better than Prozac. Of course, maybe that's because she's a pharm. rep and her company makes it?

:D

post #120 of 522 Old 12-18-2003, 02:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I look forward to more on-topic discussion with you Peter, anytime.

Michael
Closed Thread Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page