PS Audio Power Plant Premier Ongoing Review Thread!!! - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 177 Old 01-10-2007, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Agreed. Once someone has no solid arguments to sustain a reasonable debate, then starts asking questions to other people about the gear they own.

The gear must be expensive and/or manufactured by exotic brands, BTW. PSA for instance

The usual B.S.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 177 Old 01-10-2007, 11:53 AM

Liked: 10
It is difficult to have a solid argument about the new PS Audio Premier Power Plant since I have never seen or heard one. Given that this is a forum for 20,000+ audio gear, I don't think I was out of line trying to determine what Speco2003 was listening to. Also, since most high end equipment is ultimately defined by the sound it produces, I don't think my question was outrageous.

You guys have become intolerant and obnoxious. Heck, I didn't even disagree with Weiss.

I think the moderators should return this forum to its original intent.

Steve
post #93 of 177 Old 01-10-2007, 12:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 523
Well, now that you've determined it, not that it was all that difficult to find, now what?

"I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - Gregory House
post #94 of 177 Old 01-10-2007, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post

Prior reviews of Power Plant models which also discuss objective science:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...plant-300.html

http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11...or-9-2004.html

There's plenty more reviews.

I stopped reading both the reviews and this thread once I got to the part in the first review (7th paragraph) that said

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets of Home Theater & High Fidelity View Post

Are all AC-DC-AC converters created equal? No way! A lot of UPS devices intended for PCs do a poor job at this. They essentially lay many square waves on top of each other, even though, according to Fourier's theory, if you lay enough sine waves on top of each other, you create a square wave rather than the other way around.

I figured it was a waste of my time to read "scientific" reviews where the reviewer spouts about Fourier without the first clue how it works.

Cliff's Notes?
post #95 of 177 Old 07-16-2010, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I realize I am three years behind the curve here, but I just plugged in powerplant premier (B-stock $1100), and it took me all of three seconds to realized this is the best $1100 ever spend on an upgrade.

I just sold my my Furman Reference 20, and prior to that used the Audio Magic stealth. Both fairly pricey pieces of gear and to be perfectly honest I don't think I would have been able to detect an audible difference in a blind A/B test.

Enter the powerplant premier, and I am now a newly convert to the world of power conditioning (or rather regeneration). Scary thing is I now found out Steve is an PPP early adoptor and actually started this thread - so now we have the same source components (ud9004 and PerfectWave Dac), preamp (six shooter) and powerplant. This is where this will end as I have no intention to replace my poweramps with Theta or try Aerial speakers. The PPP is a keeper though.
post #96 of 177 Old 07-16-2010, 08:26 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by edorr View Post

I realize I am three years behind the curve here, but I just plugged in powerplant premier (B-stock $1100), and it took me all of three seconds to realized this is the best $1100 ever spend on an upgrade.

I just sold my my Furman Reference 20, and prior to that used the Audio Magic stealth. Both fairly pricey pieces of gear and to be perfectly honest I don't think I would have been able to detect an audible difference in a blind A/B test.

Enter the powerplant premier, and I am now a newly convert to the world of power conditioning (or rather regeneration). Scary thing is I now found out Steve is an PPP early adoptor and actually started this thread - so now we have the same source components (ud9004 and PerfectWave Dac), preamp (six shooter) and powerplant. This is where this will end as I have no intention to replace my poweramps with Theta or try Aerial speakers. The PPP is a keeper though.

SURE!

Yea, go back in the home theater mags. Circa 2000 and Circa 2007, guess whose quotes were used by PS Audio for several months each of those years on first the PS Audio P300 Power Plant, and later the PS Audio Power Plant Premier.

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1158431
post #97 of 177 Old 05-17-2011, 10:47 AM

how is everyone doing on reliability with the PPP? I have five units in my home are they're starting to fail. One has intermittent problems while another died today and it looks pretty fatal.
post #98 of 177 Old 05-17-2011, 11:15 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lepin View Post

how is everyone doing on reliability with the PPP? I have five units in my home are they're starting to fail. One has intermittent problems while another died today and it looks pretty fatal.

I haven't had any problems at all with mine.

"Doug Winsor" used to troll at some AV Forums as "Steve Bruzonsky"! My home theater at:
post #99 of 177 Old 05-17-2011, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mine never had a problem, but reliability issues have been extensively reported on the PS audio forum on their website, in particular with the 220v European units. The P5's / P10's are supposed to be a major step up in reliability.
post #100 of 177 Old 05-17-2011, 12:15 PM

i have the european 220v units. i have a feeling the other three will be failing in the near future. that's almost $20k for components that lasted less than 5 years. it is most unlikely that i'll be a repeat customer. when the PPP worked it was a fabulous piece of equipment but I don't believe in having to replace this type of equipment every five years.
post #101 of 177 Old 05-17-2011, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

i have the european 220v units. i have a feeling the other three will be failing in the near future. that's almost $20k for components that lasted less than 5 years. it is most unlikely that i'll be a repeat customer. when the PPP worked it was a fabulous piece of equipment but I don't believe in having to replace this type of equipment every five years.

I don't blame you. That is about twice as much as I depreciate on my car in five years.
post #102 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 06:35 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
You newbies don't know this, and you oldies don't recall this. But back in 1999, I posted a review on the then brand new PS Audio Power Plant 300 AC regenerator, and as a result, by popular demand, I was forced into moderating the then brand new Tweaks forum here at AVS. I started a Special Guest feature of that forum which then resulted in another forum which I moderated, the AVS Special Guests forum. I've been retired from moderating the past few years, and certainly enjoy not having to deal for free with irate, difficult posters. HA!
Just a bit of history. That initial review was even quoted by PS Audio in their firtst Stereophile ads for the P300.

I initially used to PS Audio P300s in my home theater system - then bye bye P300s for two P600s. I was using two P600s, which were Bybee modded with multiple Bybee filters on AC inputs and outputs. One P600 was for front end components (excluding amps and sub amps). The second P600 was for my Dwin HD-700 CRT projector, Lumagen VisionPro HDP video processor/scaler and Extron video switcher. I used the 60 Hz sinewave on the first P600 as for audio I couldn't hear an improvement using any of the multiwaves. I used the P1 Multiwave square wave on the 2nd Pp600 as it clearly gave a better video picture.

Now, almost 7 years later, PS Audio has come out with its new Power Plant Premier (PPP), replacing all of their prior Power Plants which are now discontinued but still loved.

My first Power Plant Premier arrived Friday. I got it in that day. Here's my initial comments:

On Friday by mid afternoon I installed the PPP, replacing both of my P600s. I installed it in a 20 amp, 10 guage wire circuit; using a PS Audio Soloist; then an external Bybee AC charger; then the PPP.

Thanks to the PPP's 5 isolated zones, I plugged my Theta Casablanca 3 surround processor into one zone and its Theta Six Shooter analog multi-channel preamp into another zone, isolating them from each other!!!!

After about five hours burn-in: Initially, it really sucked big time, no dynamics or microdynamics, bass was dull and lifeless.

I was wondering - Gee, did Paul use Class D amps in this thing, is that why it sucks? But then I read the PS Audio website that Paul kept the Class AB amps, just that PS Audio found a way to lower the large power supply voltages so the amp was efficient 85%, by moving the entire power supply up and down in lock step with the sine wave generator, so the voltage across the amp is only what is needed, thus increasing the efficiency.

Let it burn in while sleeping. After waking up, after ten hours burn-in - WOW! Never sounded this good, particularly voices. Multi-channel SACD is clearly its best ever, bass, highs. If I turn it up somewhat louder than normal listening levels, its not quite as smooth as before, somewhat straining, but my experience is that with more burn-in this will be alleviated.

My good friend Lon came over. He's very familiar with my system. Took him all of a few seconds to hear the improvement. Note this model only has one Multiwave - which I understand is the square wave - and the one 60 Hz sinewave mode. I don't know that it sounds better than my P600s using the 60 Hz sinewave mode. But the multiwave mode is a clear sonic improvement - immediately discernable.

I am running all of my components (except amplifiers) off this unit now - and selling the two P600s. The top of the unit is hardly even a bit warm. Amazing.

Video looks just as good as before. But so far, haven't notice any difference using the 60 Hz sinewave vs multiwave. Looks the same. Which is fine, as its just as good as before. And as audio is clearly even better using Multiwave, I find myself using Multiwave always.

The product is simply amazing. And the prior barriers to many folks considering the Power Plant, Size, inefficiency, limited power capability and heat, are now a thing of the past. Amazing, Amazing, Amazing. And of course the $2,295 retail price for this is Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!!

GEE, I started this thread back on 12-31-2006 and its still goin'!

Right now I am using one of the new PS Audio PerfectWave P5 Power Plants and my ol trusty Premier. I now have a 2nd P5 on order which will replace the Premier!

post #103 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
holy crap, this thread is more ridiculous then most....

as for any kind of revolution in ac power. this is far from a revolution and in fact if you look at the complexities from an educated perspective you would see multiwave as a complete waste in this particular vein of technologies. Sure it has it's purpose but in a far more technologically advanced application involving complex aeronautical electronics not simple audio gear.

the only REAL revolution in ac power is balanced power the from a company like equitech, which has the ACTUAL backing of science and users with knowledge of how power should work. equitech systems are used in labs and music studios and other technological hubs, I was introduced to balanced power through a university nanotechnology lab. And from there the music studio I work for. I can measure the differences it causes and have seen it on lab gear that measure differences (in layman terms) in electrical signals as small as one part per billion.

But of course steve you dont want people to discuss the merits of your opinion when this is an open forum......... *roll eyes* don't post something if you don't want it ridiculed for it's complete lunacy... Also of note my personal experiences with balanced power have been far from life changing, we are talking differences on the order of a percent or 2 at the most, and likely not audible. And I have better hearing the most of the population and i doubt i could tell the difference in a double blind study unless we were comparing the worst electrical supply possible. and poor quality gear with poorly designed power supplies... any gear with proper power supplies should make these differences almost negligible.

this thread screams of buyer bias. the placebo effect is stronger then you obviously know and your ability to be influenced by marketing nonsense is apparent. your ignorance in the subject of electrical engineering shows and causes you to be open to suggestions and conjecture that have no basis in the real world.

Matt

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." - George Carlin
post #104 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 10:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Vai_rules View Post

as for any kind of revolution in ac power. this is far from a revolution and in fact if you look at the complexities from an educated perspective you would see multiwave as a complete waste in this particular vein of technologies. Sure it has it's purpose but in a far more technologically advanced application involving complex aeronautical electronics not simple audio gear.

the only REAL revolution in ac power is balanced power the from a company like equitech, which has the ACTUAL backing of science and users with knowledge of how power should work. equitech systems are used in labs and music studios and other technological hubs, I was introduced to balanced power through a university nanotechnology lab. And from there the music studio I work for. I can measure the differences it causes and have seen it on lab gear that measure differences (in layman terms) in electrical signals as small as one part per billion.

But of course steve you dont want people to discuss the merits of your opinion when this is an open forum......... *roll eyes* don't post something if you don't want it ridiculed for it's complete lunacy... Also of note my personal experiences with balanced power have been far from life changing, we are talking differences on the order of a percent or 2 at the most, and likely not audible. And I have better hearing the most of the population and i doubt i could tell the difference in a double blind study unless we were comparing the worst electrical supply possible. and poor quality gear with poorly designed power supplies... any gear with proper power supplies should make these differences almost negligible.

this thread screams of buyer bias. the placebo effect is stronger then you obviously know and your ability to be influenced by marketing nonsense is apparent. your ignorance in the subject of electrical engineering shows and causes you to be open to suggestions and conjecture that have no basis in the real world.

Matt

Here we go again. I hate to break it to you but I was using a Furman reference with balanced power before getting my powerplant premier and it did absolutely nothing for SQ (it was basically an expensive and heavy surge protector). The Powerplant OTOH was a hige sonic improvement. Placebo effect? Any idea how many units PS audio is shipping? High-end succers all of them? May be so.

Let me, Steve and all the rest of us without a phd in electrical engineering enjoy good music while you spend your time proving us delusional in the lab.
post #105 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Matt

Go ahead and give your opinion. I don't mind at all. You are perfectly entitled ot your opinion.

post #106 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 11:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Here we go again. I hate to break it to you but I was using a Furman reference with balanced power before getting my powerplant premier and it did absolutely nothing for SQ (it was basically an expensive and heavy surge protector). The Powerplant OTOH was a hige sonic improvement. Placebo effect? Any idea how many units PS audio is shipping? High-end succers all of them? May be so.

Let me, Steve and all the rest of us without a phd in electrical engineering enjoy good music while you spend your time proving us delusional in the lab.

Obviously you know nothing about the placebo effect if you don't believe it can influence huge swaths of people. You are subject to the will of bias more then you will ever understand (based on your current attitude about it). What you hear is hugely biased by belief. And that IS a fact.

i would rather spend my time listening to music on a system i know is actually better. not just one i believe is better.. i like to know stuff rather then blindly and foolishly believing. besides, i can save on stupid tweaks and invest that in a nice set of rockports. the altairs are sexy beasts!

Matt

"The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live." - George Carlin
post #107 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 408
interesting...

I just ordered a Power Plant 5 to replace an aging Fuman reference series conditioner

So if I conclude it makes my system sound better it is simply buyer bias?
post #108 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

interesting...

I just ordered a Power Plant 5 to replace an aging Fuman reference series conditioner

So if I conclude it makes my system sound better it is simply buyer bias?

Beware, you may soon be joining the ranks of the delusional (also know euphemistically as the blissfully ignorant).
post #109 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 12:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Obviously you know nothing about the placebo effect if you don't believe it can influence huge swaths of people. You are subject to the will of bias more then you will ever understand (based on your current attitude about it). What you hear is hugely biased by belief. And that IS a fact.

i would rather spend my time listening to music on a system i know is actually better. not just one i believe is better.. i like to know stuff rather then blindly and foolishly believing. besides, i can save on stupid tweaks and invest that in a nice set of rockports. the altairs are sexy beasts!

Matt

I am not dismissing the fact that bias is hugely important factor. But here is my problem with your hypothesis - when I bought the Furman (my first expensive conditoner), I was expecting it to improve SQ and really wanted it to. I just did not hear it.

Then when I got the PS audio, having been burned once, I had drastically adjusted my expectations about power conditioning, and was half expecting to just give it a try and resell it (I bought a $1200 B-Stock). To my huge surprise, the Premier blew away the Furman.

So where does the bias come in?
post #110 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I am not dismissing the fact that bias is hugely important factor. But here is my problem with your hypothesis - when I bought the Furman (my first expensive conditoner), I was expecting it to improve SQ and really wanted it to. I just did not hear it.

Then when I got the PS audio, having been burned once, I had drastically adjusted my expectations about power conditioning, and was half expecting to just give it a try and resell it (I bought a $1200 B-Stock). To my huge surprise, the Premier blew away the Furman.

So where does the bias come in?

the bias comes in the fact that you expected a change. and by proxy when humans encounter change we look for positives in it and eventual come to see it as better then before. it's the basis for things like Stockholm syndrome. You expected change it's that simple. It's a very small leap from hearing change to believing the change is better.

Plenty of people in drug studies say they aren't biased yet you give them a sugar pill and they feel better. Same thing happens here. You still spent lots of money on this, you still wanted it to succeed even if you didnt expect it to you still wanted it to. Therefor you are a biased observer and your ability to observe without influence has been damaged.

Matt

post #111 of 177 Old 05-19-2011, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

the bias comes in the fact that you expected a change. and by proxy when humans encounter change we look for positives in it and eventual come to see it as better then before. it's the basis for things like Stockholm syndrome. You expected change it's that simple. It's a very small leap from hearing change to believing the change is better.

Plenty of people in drug studies say they aren't biased yet you give them a sugar pill and they feel better. Same thing happens here. You still spent lots of money on this, you still wanted it to succeed even if you didnt expect it to you still wanted it to. Therefor you are a biased observer and your ability to observe without influence has been damaged.

Matt

So why did I hear no change when I expected a lot of change with the Furman, and hear a lot of change when I expected little or none with the powerplant?

I had the same experience with a recent round of preamp shootouts. Bought a Pass XP-10, sat back anticipating a big leap in SQ and heard none. I sold the amp.

Then got a Modwright 36.5, seriously toned down my expectations based on my prior experience with the Pass and was blown away by the Modwright. Go figure.

No saying I am not subject to bias. I am pretty sure a have a few grand worth of cables in my system I would not be able to pick out in a double blind test.

However, the PS Audio powerplant leap in soundquality was so big I can very confidently say this was not based on bias.
post #112 of 177 Old 06-04-2011, 02:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 198
Well, my Power Plant Premier just went and took one of my amps with it. I tried to turn on one of my projectors and it wouldn't turn on. Went into the equipment closet to check on it and make sure the ir emitter hadn't come unstuck and noticed a funny smell but it wasn't really strong. Play with the projector a bit more making sure the power cord is in correctly and start worrying that the projector is dead. Smell becomes stronger. Take a look at the front of the rack to make sure my other equipment turns on and it isn't a power issue. The front of the power plant premier is going nuts. Registering input voltage of 180v and changing all over the place. Plus, there was smoke starting to rise from the top of it. Had an "oh ****" moment and ran back into the equipment closet and immediately unplug everything. Smell is much stronger now. Smoke still rising from the unit. Grab a fire extinguisher just in case and a screw driver and rapidly start unscrewing from the rack. Get it out by myself, which isn't the easiest thing to do by yourself and when worried about a fire or electrocution.

Bring in my old APC power conditioner/battery backup and plug it in. Registers 120v line input. Check another APC that my server is running off of and it shows no voltage issues. Plug the power plant back in, voltage going crazy and that smell coming back.

Plug all of my equipment into the old APC and everything comes on but one of my amps, which doesn't even light up it's standby light.

Check my powerplant premier warranty and it is over... past the three year mark. Joy. Needless to say, I'm not too impressed. Especially since it seems to have taken out one of my amps when one of the reasons I got the thing was for protection of other equipment. BTW - no power outages or line voltage issues anywhere else in the house. This thing just died.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence

post #113 of 177 Old 06-07-2011, 10:40 AM

My first PS equipment was Juice bar. Then, Power director which can filter noise but cannot stabilize the voltage output. However, it showed me how bad my voltage input was.

The 1st regenerator was Power plant P300. This is when I began detecting the sound quality improvement but, due to 300 watt limitation, one unit was not enough to control the whole system while P600 and P1000 are too big and too warm for me.

I decided to replace it with Power Plant Premier (PPP) 2 years ago. Advantage over P300 is 1,200 watt handling to cover all equipments including my JVC projector but I still love the sound performance of old series P300,600, 1000. Fortunately, I did not have any breakdown issue with the unit like others.

Until PS Audio launched PerfectWave P5 and P10 Power Plants, I bought the P10 last week. This product is excellent in sound performance improvement especially ultra low background noise since the 1st plug in. It can also handle high wattage requirement while the unit is just slightly warm.
Many friends of mine who tried the P5 or P10 ended up kicking out PPP from their home right after they try it.

If you open the cover to see the circuit layout, you will be impressed with new P5 and P10 which is significantly improved against PPP. This is where you can tell the difference of China made and US made.
post #114 of 177 Old 06-19-2011, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

I had to return some of the early production units of the Premier. But after PS Audio seemed to figure out what the bugs where, I did not have any problems.

Never become so involved with something that it blinds you.
post #115 of 177 Old 06-23-2011, 12:02 AM

Have had my PPP from the date it was released and its still going strong, no problems what so ever. Thinking about the new 5 and 10 but seems they got a fan (my PPP is completely silent, doesnt drive amps, only sources and preamp/processor). Not a big fan of "fans"...

Huge impact on the sound and very satisfied so far.

Shait Happenz...
post #116 of 177 Old 07-16-2011, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrellMania View Post
....Many friends of mine who tried the P5 or P10 ended up kicking out PPP from their home right after they try it.

If you open the cover to see the circuit layout, you will be impressed with new P5 and P10 which is significantly improved against PPP. This is where you can tell the difference of China made and US made.
I read your post with interest. I have owned the Power Director 4.7, two Power Plant Premiers, and now a Power Plant P5 and I can categorically say the original PD47 still flogs the Power Plants most of the time...at least it works, all three of my Power Plants have failed, including the Made in USA P5, and all I have left is the PD47. Something that works is obviously much better than something that doesn't. I've had a run of bad luck here, fortunately the PS Audio warranty program has looked after me however I am in a long queue waiting for another P5. It's been several weeks now.....supply can't keep up with demand.

"My interest in home theater is not only that it annoys the wife, but if it was, then that would be enough"
post #117 of 177 Old 07-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Quote:
...If you open the cover to see the circuit layout, you will be impressed with new P5 and P10 which is significantly improved against PPP. This is where you can tell the difference of China made and US made.
The circuit layouts of PPP and P5/10 were both US designs, and you can see similarities between the two. The Chinese factory just built what PS Audio designed. The problem ultimately with the China builds was quality control...short lead times and large volume outputs give way to QC. The problem with USA builds is the opposite, the QC capability is there but the production capacity is not. Not so many units on the production line gives more opportunity for QC, so lets hope the Colorado builds result in more reliable units.

"My interest in home theater is not only that it annoys the wife, but if it was, then that would be enough"
post #118 of 177 Old 07-16-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydMekk View Post
Have had my PPP from the date it was released and its still going strong, no problems what so ever. Thinking about the new 5 and 10 but seems they got a fan (my PPP is completely silent, doesnt drive amps, only sources and preamp/processor). Not a big fan of "fans"...

Huge impact on the sound and very satisfied so far.
The brochure says that P5 comes with fan while P10 is not.
My P10 runs very silent like PPP but it doesn't have a click sound which happens sometimes when the THD input goes high.
post #119 of 177 Old 07-16-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliBELL View Post
I read your post with interest. I have owned the Power Director 4.7, two Power Plant Premiers, and now a Power Plant P5 and I can categorically say the original PD47 still flogs the Power Plants most of the time...at least it works, all three of my Power Plants have failed, including the Made in USA P5, and all I have left is the PD47. Something that works is obviously much better than something that doesn't. I've had a run of bad luck here, fortunately the PS Audio warranty program has looked after me however I am in a long queue waiting for another P5. It's been several weeks now.....supply can't keep up with demand.
I just have the issue with P10. It was overload shutdown occurred twice in 2-month usage. The plug-in equipments do not include power amp and run only at 33% of max load allowance, so there must be something wrong here. I am also waiting for the replaced unit to come.

What is the case of your P5?
post #120 of 177 Old 07-17-2011, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

My P10 runs very silent like PPP but it doesn't have a click sound which happens sometimes when the THD input goes high.

Can you elaborate? I used a PPP for just my low power components (never any clicking), but recently replaced it with two P5s that also feed my monoblocks. Sound is fantastic, but I hear the occational "click". I cannot locate it but I am nearly 100% sure it comes from the P5s. How is this related to THD?
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page