Comments on Linn Artikulat system? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 118 Old 01-05-2007, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm considering a 2 channel fully Aktiv system to start with the floorstanding 350As then possibly a 5.1 expansion down the road. I really liked them for 2 channel and compared them with Wilson Watt/puppy, Dynaudio Temptation? and Dali something. Wilson was closet, but required external amps of course, and are not as attractive for my space. thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 118 Old 01-15-2007, 03:33 PM

Liked: 12
thomsens,

I am at the same place you are. I am ready to order the 350A. I like the idea of eliminating the amp/cable/speaker integration issue.

Only concern I have is over the long term. If anything fails, Linn has to be there to help. What happens if Linn goes under? I doubt you could take the 350A back to passive? What about 10 year old electronics?

I am surprised they only offer 2 years full warrenty, 5 years parts. I believe in the past Linn was full 5 years parts and labor.

I know if you have 10 year old Thiel's, you can get them repaired by Thiel, I am sure Wilson and Dali are the same. What about Linn in 10 years

Aside from the above, I have found nothing other then Komri's that provide so much performance for the $$ Go for it, as I am!

Square
post #3 of 118 Old 01-15-2007, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Square - for a couple weeks, I thought I was alone on the planet. I couldn't find any evidence that the Artikulat's weren't universally disregarded by the community. I'm ok if people just think they are overpriced, or think that half the fun is searching for amps too (or showing off their stack of external gear). And frankly, for that money, I feel like a fool not listening to everything else out there. In the end, I keep coming back to the fact that if great engineers are given the ability to perfectly match their amplifier to the speakers on a driver by driver basis, it has to be better than what I'd do on my own and for far less time/hassle and for a much cleaner look. I liked the Wilson WATT/Puppy's sound, but the look and external amps weren't doing it for me. So, I've checked that "looked around" box.

I'm actually looking at preamps now. I would like a DAC built in (clean look) for inevitable future cheaper digital devices, and I'm finding few options. The Bryston BP26DA looks interesting. What are you using them with? And what color option are you getting?

BTW - I wouldn't worry about Linn unless you know that they have financial troubles...they've been around for a long time now. Also, I have a dealer who has been selling them for 18 years and does a lot of service himself, so I feel comfortable there.
post #4 of 118 Old 01-19-2007, 03:57 PM

thomsens,

I have two ways to drive them. A Unidisk 2.1 and Kinos, and I can swap in a Bryston SP2. I like the Bryston better with my active 242's!

I have ordered cherry with black (3k array and feet). Most dealers show and order with silver. I like the black much better. My 242's are cherry with black.

I have also checked off the "looked around" box and am not looking back. Should arrive in 1-2 weeks.

Square
post #5 of 118 Old 01-21-2007, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareloop View Post

thomsens,

I have two ways to drive them. A Unidisk 2.1 and Kinos, and I can swap in a Bryston SP2. I like the Bryston better with my active 242's!

I have ordered cherry with black (3k array and feet). Most dealers show and order with silver. I like the black much better. My 242's are cherry with black.

I have also checked off the "looked around" box and am not looking back. Should arrive in 1-2 weeks.

Square

Interesting selection. I really like the Maple/Silver combo. I'm not excited about the "rivit" look of the metal housing, but whatever.

I saw black on the Walnut, but I wasn't to excited about it - the walnut is too dark to pull that off. I've also seen silver/walnut and liked it. Cherry or Maple and Black should work due to nice contrast.

I know of a demo pair of Walnut/Silver available in VA (save some bucks), so I was going to point it out if you were interested.
post #6 of 118 Old 01-22-2007, 09:58 AM

They come with a nice grill cover that attaches with magnets. Everything (drivers, rivits,....) is covered except the stand.
post #7 of 118 Old 01-24-2007, 05:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by squareloop View Post

They come with a nice grill cover that attaches with magnets. Everything (drivers, rivits,....) is covered except the stand.

Yeah he put those on at the end to show me them. I liked them better without, but will most likely keep them on to protect the drivers (even though they already have metal grills protecting them).
post #8 of 118 Old 01-26-2007, 02:23 PM

I'm in the process of upgrading my Linn AV51 fully active system (17 amps!) and the Artikulat is where I am heading.

I absolutely adore the sound of the Komris, but the Domestic CFO said its either her or the Komris (seems like a fair swap) and as she is a divorce lawyer, I'm afriad the Komris are not an option.

So the Artikulats are a very nice solution, although the size of the center speaker was a real shock..

And I think maple with balck fish plate is the only way to go...

Mark
post #9 of 118 Old 01-26-2007, 02:29 PM

BTW, I think they sound better without the grills, I've always run my AV51 system without the grills...

WRT to Linn being around in 10 years, I think they will outlast me, for the simple reason that that are a Scottish company run with a fiscal attitude that shames all the other manufacturers - they have no debt, make a healthy profit, they aren't owned by a parent who will dump them when the parent hits hard times.

What is more likely is that Linn will replace the Artikulats with something that sounds better for half the price in 5-10 years time. then you will find yourself on the upgrade treadmill...

Mark
post #10 of 118 Old 01-26-2007, 11:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesajoe View Post

BTW, I think they sound better without the grills, I've always run my AV51 system without the grills...

WRT to Linn being around in 10 years, I think they will outlast me, for the simple reason that that are a Scottish company run with a fiscal attitude that shames all the other manufacturers - they have no debt, make a healthy profit, they aren't owned by a parent who will dump them when the parent hits hard times.

What is more likely is that Linn will replace the Artikulats with something that sounds better for half the price in 5-10 years time. then you will find yourself on the upgrade treadmill...

Mark

I'd like to see a picture of that color combo. Somehow I think they'll maintain the price level even with new technology. I'm guessing I'll still be happy, though.
post #11 of 118 Old 01-27-2007, 09:24 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Check out the NHT Xd system if you're into multi-amping. FWIW, while I haven't heard the Artikulats, we replaced a $25K Linn system with Xd and the owner said "not even close". NHT and Linn are doing the same thing, but NHT is better at speaker design in general, at least for the price. I know how NHT stacks up to a $25K Linn system, not sure about a $50K or $75K one. I think Xd is better than the Meridian DSP8000s, for instance, the other active heavy-weight. www.nhtxd.com Looks aren't as nice as the Linn, but it would be a good listen before spending massive amounts of money as it's one of the few other completely active systems on the consumer market.

John
post #12 of 118 Old 01-28-2007, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimentall View Post

Check out the NHT Xd system if you're into multi-amping. FWIW, while I haven't heard the Artikulats, we replaced a $25K Linn system with Xd and the owner said "not even close". NHT and Linn are doing the same thing, but NHT is better at speaker design in general, at least for the price. I know how NHT stacks up to a $25K Linn system, not sure about a $50K or $75K one. I think Xd is better than the Meridian DSP8000s, for instance, the other active heavy-weight. www.nhtxd.com Looks aren't as nice as the Linn, but it would be a good listen before spending massive amounts of money as it's one of the few other completely active systems on the consumer market.

I always thought that most Linn speakers sounded good, but lacked bass. This isn't true of the Artikulat that essentially has subwoofers built into each speaker. This NHT system looks interesting because of the DEQX stuff. I have to admit that I'm intrigued by DEQX.
post #13 of 118 Old 01-30-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:

Check out the NHT Xd system if you're into multi-amping.

NHT importers have had a chequered history here in the UK, so buying them would be a bit risky and finding somewhere to audition them would be a trial. That said, the last NHT speakers I auditioned about 5 years ago were mighty impressive for the money, but the NHT Xd's just failed the Domestic CFO test - she says they look "fugly", albeit I got an ever worse reaction when the Domestic CFO saw the size of the Artikulat Center speaker..

Mark
post #14 of 118 Old 01-30-2007, 01:19 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomsens View Post

I always thought that most Linn speakers sounded good, but lacked bass. This isn't true of the Artikulat that essentially has subwoofers built into each speaker. This NHT system looks interesting because of the DEQX stuff. I have to admit that I'm intrigued by DEQX.

My customer tried DEQX with his Espeks and it made a very large difference to him, but after awhile, he tried Xd and he felt the DEQX-oriented engineering of the Xd made all the difference in total performance. I think Linn is taking the right direction except that the price is truly stratospheric.

John
post #15 of 118 Old 01-30-2007, 01:23 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesajoe View Post

NHT importers have had a chequered history here in the UK, so buying them would be a bit risky and finding somewhere to audition them would be a trial. That said, the last NHT speakers I auditioned about 5 years ago were mighty impressive for the money, but the NHT Xd's just failed the Domestic CFO test - she says they look "fugly", albeit I got an ever worse reaction when the Domestic CFO saw the size of the Artikulat Center speaker..)

Did you see the new "special dark" color? It's actually quite attractive and classy - a combo of piano black and a rich reddish brown lacquer. The purple on maple look is a bit......odd to be kind. I've gotten used to all the insults, but people *do* really like the new color, it's totally different and much more complementary.

John
post #16 of 118 Old 02-01-2007, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

My customer tried DEQX with his Espeks and it made a very large difference to him, but after awhile, he tried Xd and he felt the DEQX-oriented engineering of the Xd made all the difference in total performance. I think Linn is taking the right direction except that the price is truly stratospheric.

Interesting... Yes the pricing is a concern. It opens up so many options that you can't help but hesitate to make that commitment. Unless of course that money is a drop in the bucket for you.
post #17 of 118 Old 02-01-2007, 09:39 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Interesting... Yes the pricing is a concern. It opens up so many options that you can't help but hesitate to make that commitment. Unless of course that money is a drop in the bucket for you.

I think Xd is just about the 8th wonder of the world, *but* it only matters if you actually like the sound, which is unlike any other speaker I've ever heard. It seems to me, in 10 years or so, that kind of "sound" will be nearly ubiquitous, but right now, it's like the first time you taste saffron ice cream.

John
post #18 of 118 Old 02-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:

I think Xd is just about the 8th wonder of the world, *but* it only matters if you actually like the sound, which is unlike any other speaker I've ever heard. It seems to me, in 10 years or so, that kind of "sound" will be nearly ubiquitous, but right now, it's like the first time you taste saffron ice cream.

You are kidding right? The Xd may be a technology departure from the mainstream, but it s hardly earth shattering to listen to. Its just an ok deal for the money. I would rather pay alot more for a better speaker. And its so fugly.
post #19 of 118 Old 02-01-2007, 05:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewChen View Post

You are kidding right? The Xd may be a technology departure from the mainstream, but it s hardly earth shattering to listen to. Its just an ok deal for the money. I would rather pay alot more for a better speaker. And its so fugly.

Why would I be kidding? The measurements indicate it's substantially more accurate, lower in distortion and with better dispersion than most any high-end speaker in existence.

There are only two possible reactions to the speakers. One is "the best/one of the best I've ever heard" or "Eh". If you're one of those people that expect the speaker to create some magnificent flavor, instead of just passing through the signal unaltered, these certainly aren't for you. What you mean to say is that you would rather pay a lot more for a more colored speaker and that is fine. I suspect you haven't seen the new finish either.

I've been selling high-end speakers for 15+ years. Xd is, overall, the most accurate and transparent speaker I've ever sold. Moreso than Genesis, M-L, B&W, JMLab, Von Schweikert, for example.

John
post #20 of 118 Old 02-02-2007, 04:05 AM

Quote:

There are only two possible reactions to the speakers. One is "the best/one of the best I've ever heard" or "Eh". If you're one of those people that expect the speaker to create some magnificent flavor, instead of just passing through the signal unaltered, these certainly aren't for you. What you mean to say is that you would rather pay a lot more for a more colored speaker and that is fine. I suspect you haven't seen the new finish either.

Just because I have a different subjective opinion from you, how does that make me prefer "colored speaker"?!?! Excuse me. Not only are you not able to read and comprehend English, but you obviously lack any social graces whatsoever.

Quote:

Why would I be kidding? The measurements indicate it's substantially more accurate, lower in distortion and with better dispersion than most any high-end speaker in existence.

Exactly. Your "most any" is my "some". Let me repeat "I would rather pay alot more for a better speaker". Its simple English, please try and comprehend and be civil about it.

Quote:

I suspect you haven't seen the new finish either.

I have seen the latest finishes, the Xds remain among the fugliest speakers I've experienced in all of my 30+ years of audiophile experience, I guess theres just no accounting for bad taste among chumps.
post #21 of 118 Old 02-02-2007, 09:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

Just because I have a different subjective opinion from you, how does that make me prefer "colored speaker"?!?! Excuse me. Not only are you not able to read and comprehend English, but you obviously lack any social graces whatsoever.

I read and comprehend English wonderfully, thank you. As for "social graces", you started off by saying "are you kidding me?" as a demeaning insult. That's fine, I can take that. But, yes, if you prefer a more colored speaker, you're not alone, many people do. What makes me think you prefer a more colored speaker is that it's difficult to find any speaker made that is *less* colored than Xd. Many people find that boring because it doesn't enhance the music. In 10 years, many high-end speakers will sound very much like this and others will continue to pander to the flavor of the day.
Quote:

Exactly. Your "most any" is my "some". Let me repeat "I would rather pay alot more for a better speaker". Its simple English, please try and comprehend and be civil about it.

Show me the measurements of this "better" speaker. If you're saying "I would rather pay more for a speaker I prefer" that is one thing, if you're saying "I would rather pay more for a *better* speaker", show me objective data that supports "better". As in, more accurate, lower distortion and more coherent dispersion. Otherwise, you're expressing a preference, not any reasonable assertion of superiority. Ice cream may taste better to you, but it certainly isn't "better" than baked salmon and vegetables.
Quote:

I have seen the latest finishes, the Xds remain among the fugliest speakers I've experienced in all of my 30+ years of audiophile experience, I guess theres just no accounting for bad taste among chumps.

"Fugly"? "Chumps?" Very socially graceful! Way to show me manners. A real "chump" spends more money for things that have no influence on sound or is objectively inferior for more money.

So, show me the speakers are "better" and show me the measurements that support it.

John
post #22 of 118 Old 02-02-2007, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Show me the measurements of this "better" speaker. If you're saying "I would rather pay more for a speaker I prefer" that is one thing, if you're saying "I would rather pay more for a *better* speaker", show me objective data that supports "better". As in, more accurate, lower distortion and more coherent dispersion. Otherwise, you're expressing a preference, not any reasonable assertion of superiority. Ice cream may taste better to you, but it certainly isn't "better" than baked salmon and vegetables.

John,

Forget the self-righteous clap-trap about the Xd being objectively "superior"

The NHT Xd is optimized to have a flat-frequency response; but that's NOT the be all and
end all of speaker quality.

John doesn't understand this because he doesn't have the mathematical background to
understand the mathematics behind digital filters - but digital filters aren't "perfection";
there are design compromises to be made in the digital domain also.

The Xd may be flat in the frequency domain; but it DISTORTs in the conjugate domain; the
temporal domain. In a listening test, I noted significant temporal distortion of cymbal crashes,
for instance.

Flat frequency response is no more a "gold-standard" of speaker quality than the old THD -
total harmonic distortion is a "gold-standard" of amplifier quality. THD was the audio
"snake oil" of the '70s.

I don't believe that human hearing is so intolerant of non-flat frequency response that we have
to have a speaker with "ruler-flat" response. It's obvious that humans can tolerate, and even
be oblivious to, significant perturbations in the frequency response. However, I do believe that
human hearing is quite sensitive to temporal response - the time domain.

As John Atkinson's measurements show; the filters in the Xd are "acausal" - they will produce
sound before they are supposed to. That leads to the Xd "messing up" the microdynamics of
transients; even though it gets the time-averaged frequency response right.

However, the acausality, and poor microdynamics is the deal-breaker for me; as well as
its mediocre reproduction of guitar; which is the instrument I play.

If someone is contemplating buying an NHT Xd; listen to it extensively before buying.

As they used to say on Hill Steet Blues; "BE CAREFUL out there!"

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
post #23 of 118 Old 02-02-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:

I read and comprehend English wonderfully, thank you. As for "social graces", you started off by saying "are you kidding me?" as a demeaning insult. That's fine, I can take that. But, yes, if you prefer a more colored speaker, you're not alone, many people do. What makes me think you prefer a more colored speaker is that it's difficult to find any speaker made that is *less* colored than Xd. Many people find that boring because it doesn't enhance the music. In 10 years, many high-end speakers will sound very much like this and others will continue to pander to the flavor of the day.

"Fugly"? "Chumps?" Very socially graceful! Way to show me manners. A real "chump" spends more money for things that have no influence on sound or is objectively inferior for more money.

So, show me the speakers are "better" and show me the measurements that support it.

Ha, you so screwed buddy, you just don't know it yet You postulate that no speaker exist in this universe thats better than the Xd. I just need to show you one better speaker to completely destroy your dumbass assertion. Once done, I hope you'll STFU already on your Xds.... though I'm sure you'll come up with some other delusionary ideas of why the Xds are better.

Exhibit A.
Cumulative Spectral-Decay plot of the Xd

Cumulative Spectral-Decay plot of my more expensive and better speaker

Ha! Which speaker do you think is the more coloured!

Exhibit B.
Anechoic response on tweeter axis @ 50" averaged across 30° horizontal window of the Xd

Anechoic response on tweeter axis @ 50" averaged across 30° horizontal window of my more expensive and better speaker

Fair enough, neither here nor there, puts and takes on both sides, impossible to say which is objectively better.

Exhibit C.
Lateral response family @ 50" of the Xd

Lateral response family @ 50" of my more expensive and better speaker

Though the resolution of the graphs may defer, my better and more expensive speakers clearly demonstrate superior lateral response beyond 5kHz. Ha!
post #24 of 118 Old 02-02-2007, 05:22 PM

... continued.

Exhibit D.
Vertical response family @ 50" of the Xd

Vertical response family @ 50" of my better and more expensive speakers

Once again, though the resolution of the graphs may defer, my better and more expensive speakers clearly demonstrate superior vertical response beyond 5kHz. Ha!

Holy Moses chump! Face it, the Xds are hardly superior to the best speakers out there. I'll leave it as a weekend exercise for you to find out what my speakers are as you lick your open and bleeding wounds
post #25 of 118 Old 02-02-2007, 05:25 PM

By the way, here are some illuminating exhibits of subjective comments on the Xds from people with far more experience and expertise than you

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Atkinson View Post

I listened again to the half-step-spaced tonebursts on Editor's Choice. Despite the revised filters, I could still hear the slight modulation noise accompanying the tonebursts. Probably not too much should be made of this phenomenon; I mention it only because I had never heard it before with conventional loudspeakers.

Quote:

What about the high frequencies? The veiling that had bothered me was much reduced, the top octaves having more air apparent. Perhaps more significant was the minimizing of a slight mid-treble "shoutiness" that had limited maximum volume with the original filters.

Quote:

It's true that the NHT Xd system still lacks ultimate dynamic range, but there's only so much you can ask in terms of ultimate loudness from a pair of drive-units with a radiating diameter of just 3".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Schneider View Post

Although the Xd is pretty flat, I could hear that the lower midrange sounded a touch "up" in comparison to the top end, which, obviously, came across as a touch "down." This made things like Cash's voice sound a little more forward than normal -- not much, just a wee bit.

Quote:

As for the bass level, well, that's a different story because it can be adjusted with the XdW's level control. But regardless of where I set that control, the XdA satellites seemed to emphasize the lower mids and nothing with the Mode switch changed it. (Mode seems to affect response lower than the region I'm talking about.) However, "up" or "down" just a touch is not necessarily a good or bad thing; it's just the way the Xd sounds -- likely the way the system has been voiced -- and many people do like a speaker with a bit of added presence, which the NHT Xd system certainly has.

Quote:

The XdW simply didn't seem to like this low-level, bass-light music. Although it has an on-off switch, the XdW puts it into standby mode when it has idled too long. The low listening levels and the absence of consistent bass made the XdW turn on and off throughout listening, which was irritating. The turn-on is heard as a very light "thump," but it's enough of a "thump" to be distracting -- to the point where I stopped using the speakers for background listening.

post #26 of 118 Old 02-02-2007, 05:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

By the way, here are some illuminating exhibits of subjective comments on the Xds from people with far more experience and expertise than you

Kalman Rubinson, Stereophile reviewer; from his November 2005 review of the Xd:
Quote:

The other area of distinction was the midrange, where the Xd's presentation of voices never seemed
lacking but rarely gave me the shiver of eerie recognition that I get from the B&Ws or the Revels.

Kalman now uses the B&Ws referred to above, the 802Ds; as his reference system.

Quote:

Cumulative Spectral-Decay plot of the Xd

Note the nasty ridges at about 110 Hz, and at about 2 kHz; which is precisely where the
digital crossovers are in frequency. Perhaps this is the "ringing" one usually experiences
with high-order / high-slope crossovers, such as those employed in the Xd.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
post #27 of 118 Old 02-02-2007, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Ha, you so screwed buddy, you just don't know it yet You postulate that no speaker exist in this universe thats better than the Xd. I just need to show you one better speaker to completely destroy your dumbass assertion. Once done, I hope you'll STFU already on your Xds.... though I'm sure you'll come up with some other delusionary ideas of why the Xds are better....

Ha! Which speaker do you think is the more coloured! ...

Andrew,

It appears that you have made a most convincing case.

As usual, John is flat out WRONG!!!

Game, Set, and MATCH... to Andrew.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
post #28 of 118 Old 02-03-2007, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

wow - this thread has taken a turn...any more comments on the Artikulat?
post #29 of 118 Old 02-03-2007, 08:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Fantastic! Another episode of "Emotionally Unbalanced Physicist!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbius View Post

JForget the self-righteous clap-trap about the Xd being objectively "superior" The NHT Xd is optimized to have a flat-frequency response; but that's NOT the be all and
end all of speaker quality.

No shiite Sherlock. Xd is also optimized for low distortion, low spectral decay, good transient behavior, low cabinet effects and broad, coherent dispersion. The other really important things in sound. Your last sentence shows how incredibly uninformed you are with respect to the technology involved and what it does (as usual).
Quote:

John doesn't understand this because he doesn't have the mathematical background to
understand the mathematics behind digital filters - but digital filters aren't "perfection";
there are design compromises to be made in the digital domain also.

Hey, you don't have the "audio background" to understand the acoustics behind speaker design, but it doesn't stop you from pretending You don't have to understand the "math" to understand the effect. Tell an archer he doesn't understand the mathematics of what he does and he'll shoot you right in the middle of your pointy forehead.
Quote:

The Xd may be flat in the frequency domain; but it DISTORTs in the conjugate domain; the
temporal domain.

Actually, the word is CORRECTS. Wilsons distort in the temporal domain.

In a listening test, I noted significant temporal distortion of cymbal crashes,
for instance.[/quote]

Really? How do you "note" that which doesn't exist in science?
"Note" any UFOs lately?
Quote:

However, I do believe that
human hearing is quite sensitive to temporal response - the time domain.

And I believe in the Giant Spaghetti Monster. Science actually says the opposite of what you "believe". Look it up. Besides, if it were true, that only plays to Xd's strengths.
Quote:

As John Atkinson's measurements show; the filters in the Xd are "acausal" - they will produce
sound before they are supposed to. That leads to the Xd "messing up" the microdynamics of
transients; even though it gets the time-averaged frequency response right.

Perhaps, but they also largely cancel. However, by lowering the crossover slope you can lower that effect if you like, but apparently the NHT crew felt the performance was better at the slope. You pick your compromise.
Quote:

However, the acausality, and poor microdynamics is the deal-breaker for me; as well as
its mediocre reproduction of guitar; which is the instrument I play.

Oh, PLEASE. Do you know how many guitar players come in my store and go "Holy SHITE!" when they hear Xd? Gimme a break.
Quote:

If someone is contemplating buying an NHT Xd; listen to it extensively before buying.

Again, no shiit. People should do that with *every* speaker before buying. The problem for you is, the more people listen, the more they like. I've had people that didn't think they liked it at first but kept coming back over and over and fell in love. And I have people that call or write e-mails to thank me all the time for their Xds. You know, the ones they chose over conventional high-end.

John
post #30 of 118 Old 02-03-2007, 08:15 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

wow - this thread has taken a turn...any more comments on the Artikulat?

Good luck with that now. Once Morbius and "Andrew" begin their anti-progress attacks.......

Fortunately, I have a $20K system to install today, so it should be quiet for a little while. Maybe "Andrew" will figure out how to read a graph between now and then.

John
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page