Forum Jump: 
 9Likes

post #271 of 6452 Old 06-26-2007, 11:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The movie "Shooter" is out this week in SD. It looks like a great action flick, but I won't be watching it until it comes out on BD on July 31. I hope the codes can be worked on for the SD version, and then released asap with the Blu-Ray release.

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 6452 Old 06-26-2007, 06:17 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by YannickG View Post

Yep! that you would connect to your PC and then to your CMP. You could have a switcher so you wouldn't have to plug and unplug the shielded cat 5.

Do you plan to support console games also, and if so, does this mean yet another controller?

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #273 of 6452 Old 06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS View Post

Do you plan to support console games also, and if so, does this mean yet another controller?

This is the plan for sure. As far as another controller I would say that the one we have at the moment will be compatible but it's too premature. In theorie it could work but we don't have the full picture yet.
post #274 of 6452 Old 06-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Advanced Member

For those that want to add this system to their home theatre but can't afford the entry price, check out my add in the classifieds. I am upgrading and some lucky devil is going to get a chance to become a part of the D-Box motion simulator family!
post #275 of 6452 Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 PM

anyone help when i try to download new codes update failed no upd sources found please review logs tryed to call d-box no answer thanks
post #276 of 6452 Old 07-07-2007, 09:23 PM
Advanced Member

Randy,

I thought Simon had you back up and running. Since we have moved our FTP motion code server you need to have the latest upgrade in order to get the Motion Codes. The version of the package is 20070322a and this is valid to any D-Box users. If you don't have this version you can download it from this link http://www.d-box.com/index.php?optio...=74&Itemid=102 (340C Motion Controller Update) and follow the procedures on the page. We will then need to have your Controller serial number in order to match it with your account (which you can PM me and I will make the configuration).

This error message could also mean that you do not have access to internet. I'm not yet able to remotly access the configuration tool but I will look at it monday and be able to tell you if we see you trying to connect the server.

Hope this is helping!
post #277 of 6452 Old 07-11-2007, 08:19 AM
AVS Special Member

You guy's on vacation? Codes have been pretty sparse lately. I have a bunch of DVD's that I am sitting on, not wanting to watch because, according to the list, the codes are supposed to be coming out.

It seems that just when I can't wait any longer, I go ahead and watch a movie, and then the code comes out that next week. I wish there was a way to get a projected date on the code releases, so we would know to hold off a few more days.

Once I watch a movie, I am not as inclined to watch it again, for a while, even with the codes.

Phil
post #278 of 6452 Old 07-11-2007, 06:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Just ordered Enemy of the State on BD. Would love to see the codes for it.

Phil
post #279 of 6452 Old 07-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Advanced Member

Phil

this is the time of the year where our Motion artist takes a little brake. On top of this we are working on some cool stuff that will on see the day later on this year, but I'm sure you will enjoy it a lot when time comes. As for Enemy of the state I think I have seen it around but I'll make sure the request gets through...
post #280 of 6452 Old 07-15-2007, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

I hope they come back soon, there are some good releases coming up. The Shooter, comes out on BD shortly, and has been out on DVD for a while, but isn't even on the list of upcoming codes. 300 is also coming out shortly.

Phil
post #281 of 6452 Old 07-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Well it's the time of the season where they take a well deserve break... On top of this we are really busy with some of the Bluray stuff that will be available later on this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post

I hope they come back soon, there are some good releases coming up. The Shooter, comes out on BD shortly, and has been out on DVD for a while, but isn't even on the list of upcoming codes. 300 is also coming out shortly.

post #282 of 6452 Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Yannick- probably a stupid question, but- can you install the motion control software on your htpc and run it from the same system you play your movies from?
post #283 of 6452 Old 07-17-2007, 04:23 AM
Advanced Member

Hello Yannick, 2 questions...

1- Do you have any plans for making codes for Blu-ray titles that are printed outside of US. As you know some of the very good BR titles are already available in UK, France etc. whereas these titles are not even scheduled in the US. I've purchased BR versions of The Rock, Crimson Tide, Con Air, Air Force One from Amazon UK and wonder if you plan to make codes for these clasic action flicks.

2- As you know I've been quite patient for the past few months regarding the HD-DVD/ Toshiba issue Has there been any progress since then? Do we still have hopes that we'll have motion codes for HDDVD? Can you please get back to us with some solid info?

Thank You
post #284 of 6452 Old 07-17-2007, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

Yannick- probably a stupid question, but- can you install the motion control software on your htpc and run it from the same system you play your movies from?

It's actually a very good question and the answer is yes as long as the decoder software used to get the DVD into the PC is not altering the audio track your good. Which one are you using?
post #285 of 6452 Old 07-17-2007, 12:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat View Post

Hello Yannick, 2 questions...

1- Do you have any plans for making codes for Blu-ray titles that are printed outside of US. As you know some of the very good BR titles are already available in UK, France etc. whereas these titles are not even scheduled in the US. I've purchased BR versions of The Rock, Crimson Tide, Con Air, Air Force One from Amazon UK and wonder if you plan to make codes for these clasic action flicks.

2- As you know I've been quite patient for the past few months regarding the HD-DVD/ Toshiba issue Has there been any progress since then? Do we still have hopes that we'll have motion codes for HDDVD? Can you please get back to us with some solid info?

Thank You

Hello again Murat,

1- At this point in time the way we do things is that we encode the ones that our customers/dealers send us just like DVD. I had a really good contact but he is out for 6 months... Let me see what is hapenning with this.

2- No news on that end... actually no development. Solid info are looking pretty bad right now... I wouldn't put to much faith in it at this stage... it use to be
discussed a lot more, but we have a lot more coming with BD...
post #286 of 6452 Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

I am using theatertek. And I am playing home movies from my hard drive. Home movies... not ripped dvds....

OK, here is a question- why not have the motion controlling software run on the same htpc as the video player, and have it track the time code on the videoplayer. As in, cyberlink's power dvd plays hddvd- so have the motion controller just "watch" the time code every 5 seconds and sync its motion signals like that. Is that possible?

I know every time I move the mouse cursor I can see the time code on theatertek when it is playing a regular dvd- why not rework the motion controller to take the time off the movie itself. It it can be started/ff/rew, etc. it has to have a time code you can read.

Thoughts?
post #287 of 6452 Old 07-18-2007, 07:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I am using theatertek. And I am playing home movies from my hard drive. Home movies... not ripped dvds....

OK, here is a question- why not have the motion controlling software run on the same htpc as the video player, and have it track the time code on the videoplayer. As in, cyberlink's power dvd plays hddvd- so have the motion controller just "watch" the time code every 5 seconds and sync its motion signals like that. Is that possible?

I know every time I move the mouse cursor I can see the time code on theatertek when it is playing a regular dvd- why not rework the motion controller to take the time off the movie itself. It it can be started/ff/rew, etc. it has to have a time code you can read.

Thoughts?

It's a good idea, but has a major problem. (trust me it would be a lot easier if we could.) The time code dosen't give you the title of the movie so we don't have any way of knowing which one is playing. What we do right now is creating a unique signature for each movie based on each frame of the DD 5.1 track. I know for the moment we have some challenge, but we have solutions for the future so it's all good.
post #288 of 6452 Old 07-18-2007, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

What about disk id? What if you could read the disk id of the dvd/hddvd/bluray and detect the movie from that, then read the time code? There has got to be a solution to this if all you need to do is get the movie name- and disk ids are all unique.
post #289 of 6452 Old 07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

What about disk id? What if you could read the disk id of the dvd/hddvd/bluray and detect the movie from that, then read the time code? There has got to be a solution to this if all you need to do is get the movie name- and disk ids are all unique.

Well I can run this to the engineers, but as far as I know there isn't. I'll get back to you...
post #290 of 6452 Old 07-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Hello again Murat,

2- No news on that end... actually no development. Solid info are looking pretty bad right now... I wouldn't put to much faith in it at this stage... it use to be
discussed a lot more, but we have a lot more coming with BD...

Yannick, is it because Toshiba won't cooperate with you on this or D-Box has lost its interest in HD-DVD?
post #291 of 6452 Old 07-18-2007, 02:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Just thought I would point out that the newly released Re-Mastered version of The Fifth Element Blu-Ray, does not work with the existing motion code.

This is the version that was released this week, where they went back and re-mastered the picture (which was very poorly done on the first Blu-Ray release) and the sound. The new version is significantly better, and it would be nice to have the codes synch with it as well.

The ID code for the new disc is 21520

Phil
post #292 of 6452 Old 07-18-2007, 02:55 PM
AVS Special Member

I see that "Shooter" is still not on the upcoming codes list. I am just curious, how are the decisions on the movies to code made? Do a certain number of customers have to request particular titles, or is it someone in the D-Box organization who chooses based on his or her preferences?

If I make a request, does it carry the same weight as another customer, or is there a customer who has more than two complete D-box theaters who is over-riding my requests.

Phil
post #293 of 6452 Old 07-18-2007, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Yannick- one more thing- if you cant grab the disc id from the disc itself, what about a data table lookup from an application that hosts a disc profile?
post #294 of 6452 Old 07-19-2007, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat View Post

Yannick, is it because Toshiba won't cooperate with you on this or D-Box has lost its interest in HD-DVD?

The interest on our part is there, it would be great to have both working but it's a question of priority. They have other more urgent things to do at this point in time I guess...
post #295 of 6452 Old 07-19-2007, 05:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post

I see that "Shooter" is still not on the upcoming codes list. I am just curious, how are the decisions on the movies to code made? Do a certain number of customers have to request particular titles, or is it someone in the D-Box organization who chooses based on his or her preferences?

If I make a request, does it carry the same weight as another customer, or is there a customer who has more than two complete D-box theaters who is over-riding my requests.

Phil,

heheh The upcoming list is full, we are curently working on the Shooter don't worry. The shooter is not acutually a request cuz it was for sure a D-Box movie do be done but with the holiday now and the Bluray stuff we do... To get codes embedded on disks we have to do them in advance and that gets all our attention when it comes in I think our ears are pretty wide open to your requests, they may not come fast enough but we take them seriously.
post #296 of 6452 Old 07-19-2007, 05:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yannick- one more thing- if you cant grab the disc id from the disc itself, what about a data table lookup from an application that hosts a disc profile?

Your bringing a lot of good points and ideas some of which have been look at... some other ways may work better, let's just say that there are other ways to do it and we are looking at them.
post #297 of 6452 Old 07-20-2007, 01:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Good to hear- just please don't lose the initiative on bringing hddvd support to dbox!
post #298 of 6452 Old 07-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Good to hear- just please don't lose the initiative on bringing hddvd support to dbox!

Trust me it's in our best interest to be compatible with HDDVD.
post #299 of 6452 Old 07-22-2007, 10:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Phil,

heheh The upcoming list is full, we are curently working on the Shooter don't worry. The shooter is not acutually a request cuz it was for sure a D-Box movie do be done but with the holiday now and the Bluray stuff we do... To get codes embedded on disks we have to do them in advance and that gets all our attention when it comes in I think our ears are pretty wide open to your requests, they may not come fast enough but we take them seriously.

I hope someone is working on '300' too. Don't know how long I could wait out for the motion codes when my copy arrives.

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #300 of 6452 Old 07-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Advanced Member

Gino,

Though to say right now I'm closer to you then them but I will send an email and be able to let you know more after. Are you going to make for the CEDIA this week-end? I was just about to step out to the convention center when I thought about you

QUOTE=Gino AUS]I hope someone is working on '300' too. Don't know how long I could wait out for the motion codes when my copy arrives.[/quote]
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page