For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 154 - AVS Forum
First ... 152  153  154 155  156  ... Last
Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) > For all D-Box enthusiasts !
thxman's Avatar thxman 06:24 AM 11-18-2011
Thanks for sharing, good info. For the MPC-HC and LAV software, are you at a point where you can just play the BD and all is good, or are you still needing to tweak to accommodate each codec?

Germain's Avatar Germain 07:47 AM 11-18-2011
For 90% of Bluray it is just insert and play.
There are a few exceptions requiring a little tweak (just a box to check), mainly for discs without HD tracks, but I will fix that in a next release.

You will need AnyDVD HD to play encrypted BR.

I am preparing a web page with download links and installation instructions
thxman's Avatar thxman 08:03 AM 11-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germain View Post

For 90% of Bluray it is just insert and play.
There are a few exceptions requiring a little tweak (just a box to check), mainly for discs without HD tracks, but I will fix that in a next release.

You will need AnyDVD HD to play encrypted BR.

I am preparing a web page with download links and installation instructions

That sounds great, I am looking forward to it.
Germain's Avatar Germain 03:57 PM 11-18-2011
I created a small webpage with download and installation instructions of the modified MPC-HC and LAV Filters for D-Box: http://htpcfordbox.over-blog.com/
sanderdvd's Avatar sanderdvd 01:15 PM 11-19-2011
Quote:

I created a small webpage with download and installation instructions of the modified MPC-HC and LAV Filters for D-Box: http://htpcfordbox.over-blog.com/

Great you put it on a separate site Germain. any thoughts when you will release LAV v0.39? It contains an impotant fix in the video section I need.
sanderdvd's Avatar sanderdvd 01:43 PM 11-19-2011
Quote:

Great you put it on a separate site Germain. any thoughts when you will release LAV v0.39? It contains an impotant fix in the video section I need. Also a new MPC-HC version was released a few days ago: http://www.xvidvideo.ru/media-player...inema-x86-x64/
CINERAMAX's Avatar CINERAMAX 03:00 PM 11-19-2011
Quote:

I'll turn on a dime and thank you on this one.

Will it work with tmt 5?
sanderdvd's Avatar sanderdvd 11:09 PM 11-19-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

I'll turn on a dime and thank you on this one.

Will it work with tmt 5?

no. tmt5 is not open source and MPC-HC and LAV filter is.

But: total media theater is user and interface friendly but the picture quality of madVR is way better than tmt
sanderdvd's Avatar sanderdvd 11:15 PM 11-19-2011
Quote:

You DID found a fix for this Germain? I thought this was not possible?
CINERAMAX's Avatar CINERAMAX 06:06 AM 11-20-2011
yeah but I need 3-d capability. i use kaleidescape for 2d, which is incredibly good and flexible.
Germain's Avatar Germain 08:49 AM 11-20-2011
I just updated to LAV Filters 0.39.
http://htpcfordbox.over-blog.com/
There is no fixes or new features related to D-Box usage.
For the original LAV Filters 0.39 changelog, check http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=156191

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

You DID found a fix for this Germain? I thought this was not possible?

My idea is if the disc does not contains a HD audio stream (not quite common), the same lossy stream should be sent to both primary and secondary audio devices (and not another stream, i.e. director commentaries). I think I was referring to something else that was not possible, don't remember what.

AFAIK MPC-HC does not support 3D yet.
sanderdvd's Avatar sanderdvd 05:08 AM 11-21-2011
Can my D-Box system be harmfull for pregnancy?
CINERAMAX's Avatar CINERAMAX 05:23 AM 11-21-2011
If it is powerful enough to fix a 60 day pinched nerve in the neck caused by traffic accident...
BigPines's Avatar BigPines 08:29 AM 11-21-2011
Quote:

One of their standard warnings is that pregnant women should not use the device. I saw it on their website.

Mike
Health Nut's Avatar Health Nut 10:38 AM 11-21-2011
Quote:

No. Its just a legal disclaimer.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 10:56 AM 11-21-2011
Codes for A Christmas Carol. Wouldn't you know I just watched this last night?
thxman's Avatar thxman 11:48 AM 11-21-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

Did you really?
thxman's Avatar thxman 11:49 AM 11-21-2011
Quote:

Depends on the movie? I know I would not recomend playing Dirt3
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 12:34 PM 11-21-2011
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Did you really?

I did! I am returning the Epson 3010 projector today and had one more 3D movie to watch before I did. I knew it was on the list to be coded, but I didn't think it would get codes less than 12 hours after I watched it.

And it's really too bad... I kept thinking how good certain scenes were for D-Box...
thxman's Avatar thxman 01:20 PM 11-21-2011
But would you have renewed your sub just for that
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 03:42 PM 11-21-2011
Quote:

But would you have renewed your sub just for that

Nope. But it's going on one side of the scales. I wouldn't have renewed it for Priest either (nor was this a 3D BD I had to check out on the 3010), but, alas, it is up regardless.
Deepsky4565's Avatar Deepsky4565 09:39 PM 11-21-2011
Quote:

Thanks so much for your work on this. Unfortunately, on my system the only time I get any sound out of anything is when I fresh install MPC-HC. When I try to do anything else like install LAV or change outputs in MPC, I get no outputs at all. It seems as if the output in options in MPC are broken, they do nothing when I try changing them, other than losing sound. Any ideas?
drvais's Avatar drvais 10:07 PM 11-21-2011
I can't believe A Christmas Carol and Priest are already finished, along with the completed codings for The Thing (2011) and Johnny English Reborn.

I say this while acknowledging the fact that Unknown has been on that list since the summer (it was listed around the same time as Sucker Punch). Has anyone seen Unknown? I, for one, have not. Based on the time it's taking to code it, I suggest we all give it a spin when it's completed as it probably has the greatest number of MFX ever assigned to a film.
Burtz's Avatar Burtz 11:51 PM 11-21-2011
Quote:

Depends on the movie? I know I would not recomend playing Dirt3

Agree - Maximum effect +++ - even the menus!!
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 09:17 AM 11-22-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

I can't believe A Christmas Carol and Priest are already finished, along with the completed codings for The Thing (2011) and Johnny English Reborn.

I say this while acknowledging the fact that Unknown has been on that list since the summer (it was listed around the same time as Sucker Punch). Has anyone seen Unknown? I, for one, have not. Based on the time it's taking to code it, I suggest we all give it a spin when it's completed as it probably has the greatest number of MFX ever assigned to a film.

To be fair, A Christmas Carol is an older movie. For what that's worth.

Also, Super 8 codes are up.
thxman's Avatar thxman 09:24 AM 11-22-2011
Looking forward to checking out Super 8 on D-Box. May rent it tonight, if I can snag it.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 01:03 PM 11-22-2011
Now Conan codes are out.

Captain America's been added to the "working on".

All of this plus Thor and X-Men would get me to re-subscribe.
drvais's Avatar drvais 01:05 PM 11-22-2011
Very happy to see Cap'n A on the list, now all of last summer's movies that I've been waiting to see are on there
BigPines's Avatar BigPines 02:43 PM 11-22-2011
Maybe they realized they'd better get some of these titles done so they can sell more units for Christmas?

Mike
thxman's Avatar thxman 08:20 PM 11-22-2011

Quote:

Now Conan codes are out.

Captain America's been added to the "working on".

All of this plus Thor and X-Men would get me to re-subscribe.

First ... 152  153  154 155  156  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop