For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 172 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 170  171  172 173  174  ... Last
Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+) > For all D-Box enthusiasts !
thxman's Avatar thxman 12:59 AM 05-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

KFP2 and M:I4 are done & up!

OMG, YES!! Thanks!

drvais's Avatar drvais 08:12 AM 05-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post


I just took a look at the May issue & their website and I can't find the article you're referring to. On their website, they ran a video about D-Box at CES, but that's it as far as anything recent.

I couldn't find the article because it's actually in the June issue, pg. 58. They review the SRP-230 and the Series IV-BD.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 08:58 AM 05-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post

Update on the 3D support by D-Box:

D-Box will look into the following titles soon to make them 3D compatible because there already is a 2D or 3D anaglyph codec available for these titles:
Captain America : The First Avenger
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows : Part1

I checked my copies of these again to make sure I knew of what I spoke:

The 3D BDs of these 2 movies are definitely already D-Box compatible.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 08:58 AM 05-07-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

KFP2 and M:I4 are done & up!

Woop!
turls's Avatar turls 10:09 AM 05-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

I couldn't find the article because it's actually in the June issue, pg. 58. They review the SRP-230 and the Series IV-BD.

Ok, not "this" month. I should have said current issue. Good old print magazines and their dates!
drvais's Avatar drvais 10:33 AM 05-08-2012
Checked out The Avengers in D-Box last weekend. It's the new go-to for a whole film's worth of demo worthy scenes.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 10:45 AM 05-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post

Checked out The Avengers in D-Box last weekend. It's the new go-to for a whole film's worth of demo worthy scenes.

Crap. How long until it's out on disc?
drvais's Avatar drvais 10:47 AM 05-08-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

Crap. How long until it's out on disc?

According to Video ETA, October.

I'm going for another round this weekend. Seriously, if you have a D-Box commercial theatre anywhere within reason to your location, it's worth your time to experience it.
ckenisell's Avatar ckenisell 12:05 PM 05-08-2012
Gonna try to catch it in 3D with D-Box next week. I still have to watch Captain America and Thor (which I have in 3D on BD, but haven't watched yet.)
thxman's Avatar thxman 04:25 PM 05-08-2012
My family and I watched Avengers in D-Box this weekend. I hate to say it but I am really not a fan of Theater D-Box seats compared to home seats. Not having my head (headrest does not extend up to my head for support) and feet in motion seems to be the culprit. I did like getting the seats I wanted in advance and not having to wait in line. Generally speaking, I'd rather wait for the Blu Ray release, but some moves, ya just can't wait
Good movie, btw!
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 09:08 AM 05-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post


D-Box will look into the following titles soon to make them 3D compatible because there already is a 2D or 3D anaglyph codec available for these titles:
Journey to the Center of the Earth[/b]

I can now confirm as well (sadly) that you are correct about this one. The non-anaglyph one does not synch.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 01:00 PM 05-09-2012
And I think you need to add Puss-in-Boots to your "Not Coded at All" list.
mcascio's Avatar mcascio 05:26 PM 05-11-2012
So I'm getting to the point of planning for my Dbox platform and setting everything up for the first time after it's been in storage for about six or seven years since I bought it. So I thought I'd test the D-box platform and actuators to take some height measurements so the platform meets the carpeting at the right height.

I connect everything and am getting an error on the front right actuator. I'm using the Odyssey XL's. The motion controller software reads:
Error
A-0x000800
A: FR Actuator Obstruction

Initially I just set the T-Slot frame on top of the actuators and there was no obstructions or weight on top of it aside from the aluminum platform itself.

I thought I would just remove it from having any weight on it and noticed some oil around the ring were the ball sits in.

Something tells me this isn't normal. I hope it's an easy fix after waiting this long for the first time to actually put the D-box in use.

Any advice would be appreciated.
thxman's Avatar thxman 05:51 PM 05-11-2012
I'd call D-box. Those are the kind of actuators that need maintenance from time to time. What you see is probably hydraulic fluid.
mcascio's Avatar mcascio 06:13 PM 05-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

I'd call D-box. Those are the kind of actuators that need maintenance from time to time. What you see is probably hydraulic fluid.

Bummer. I thought it might be a quick fix.

I hope I didn't buy another boat.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 06:35 PM 05-11-2012
The retail version of How to Train Your Dragon 3D does not synch.

This is the silver covered BD DVD version.
turls's Avatar turls 09:51 AM 05-14-2012
The following BluRay 3D work, should all be retail although I rented a couple of them:

Thor
Fright Night
Kung Fu Panda

I either own or have access to rent quite a few on the sanderdvd list so I will continue to update if others do not beat me to it. Would be nice if his list was a sticky.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 11:02 AM 05-14-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

The following BluRay 3D work, should all be retail although I rented a couple of them:

Thor
Fright Night
Kung Fu Panda

I either own or have access to rent quite a few on the sanderdvd list so I will continue to update if others do not beat me to it. Would be nice if his list was a sticky.

Where are you renting them?
turls's Avatar turls 03:27 PM 05-15-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

Where are you renting them?

Family Video! I have always been pretty impressed by that chain. They are in the midwest only though I think. I went home and called and bitched to Netflix with their silly outdated BD surcharge and they don't even offer 3D BD.
turls's Avatar turls 10:16 AM 05-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

The retail version of How to Train Your Dragon 3D does not synch.

This is the silver covered BD DVD version.

To confirm, neither the 3D or 2D options synch.

I am going to be sending my actuators off to Dbox, I may see where they are with the resynchs at that point and throw in some BluRays from the list.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 10:31 AM 05-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

Family Video! I have always been pretty impressed by that chain. They are in the midwest only though I think. I went home and called and bitched to Netflix with their silly outdated BD surcharge and they don't even offer 3D BD.

Seriously. And Blockbuster has a couple of them through their website, and there's a huge waitlist and if you ever ask them why they don't have more, they say "we would if there were more demand."

Is it just me, or does a long waitlist for even crappy 3D titles not signify some sort of demand?

Anyways- wrong thread, I guess.

I watched Shrek (3D) last night with the family. Pretty weak motion coding except for in a few scenes. Seems typical of older codes.
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 10:32 AM 05-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post

To confirm, neither the 3D or 2D options synch.

I am going to be sending my actuators off to Dbox, I may see where they are with the resynchs at that point and throw in some BluRays from the list.

That would be great. I just sent them a box of resynchs a month ago and would hate to make to make it habit.
rlz's Avatar rlz 01:18 PM 05-16-2012
3Dparty.org you can rent from them
rlz's Avatar rlz 01:21 PM 05-16-2012
1 disc at a time, unlimited selection - $18.99/month 2 discs at a time, unlimited selection - $24.99/month I got it for 2 for 19.99
xhonzi's Avatar xhonzi 03:11 PM 05-16-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlz View Post

1 disc at a time, unlimited selection - $18.99/month 2 discs at a time, unlimited selection - $24.99/month I got it for 2 for 19.99

Blech! I can buy one a month at those prices. And keep up with the new releases just fine.
turls's Avatar turls 05:45 PM 05-21-2012
The new Underworld is coded, and works in 3D...that one was pretty quick.
thxman's Avatar thxman 07:35 PM 05-21-2012
Does anyone have the D-Box Demos that sync with MFX like they do at the theater? If so, how do I get my hands on this?
drvais's Avatar drvais 09:27 AM 05-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by xhonzi View Post

I watched Shrek (3D) last night with the family. Pretty weak motion coding except for in a few scenes. Seems typical of older codes.

Have you tried the most recent Shrek film (SFE)? The motion coding on it is stellar.
drvais's Avatar drvais 09:38 AM 05-22-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post

Does anyone have the D-Box Demos that sync with MFX like they do at the theater? If so, how do I get my hands on this?

I think your best bet is to dl Scuba Steve's home theatre demo disc.
Russ Rubman's Avatar Russ Rubman 09:41 AM 05-22-2012
Could you provide a link to the dl please?
First ... 170  171  172 173  174  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop