For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 227 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2014, 05:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 29
New codes are out for HEMC. Guess the folks at D-Box were burning the midnight oil.

There's also a link for a new update for the Windows app, but it is broken.

unOFFICIAL D-Box FAQ here!
Hail to the King, baby!

Last edited by drvais; 12-20-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2014, 10:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Maze Runner, TMNT and "Dealer Demo 2014" MFX all hit today. HEMC still on 12/12/14 release as of now.
Ooooh, how do we get the dealer demo content?
Sandel likes this.

Chet
Old 12-20-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

New Windows app update link is working...

Hail to the King, baby!
Old 12-21-2014, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Hello folks, I have read through this thread but would like some clarification. I am planning on adding DBox to my dedicated Atmos 7.2.4 home theater. I want to make sure I know what I am getting into with integration (don't want to lose "bitstream-out" to my pre-pro). So let me list what I have and what I plan on getting:

Ordering: 1 x HEMC controller and 1 x Jaymar 351 chair with 3250C actuators, and 1 x KAI-1P (more chairs at a later date if this goes well).

Current equipment: Apple TV, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Directv, Oppo 103D, all running through an Onkyo PR-SC 5530 pre-Amp, to Epson projector.

Can I just run a 3.5 RCA out of the Onkyo to the HEMC, or do I have to limit myself to a 3.5 RCA or optical out from the Oppo? Again, the biggest friction point for me is that I WANT to maintain bitstream out of my Oppo In order to run Atmos audio mixes.

Do I need some other converter?

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:01 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
Ooooh, how do we get the dealer demo content?
on it; will findout

happy merry
thxman and Sandel like this.
Old 12-21-2014, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by epiCenter View Post
Can I just run a 3.5 RCA out of the Onkyo to the HEMC, or do I have to limit myself to a 3.5 RCA or optical out from the Oppo? Again, the biggest friction point for me is that I WANT to maintain bitstream out of my Oppo In order to run Atmos audio mixes.

This is one of the officially recommended converters that help you keep the HDMI output:

http://www.atlona.com/HD-M2C.html
Old 12-21-2014, 03:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hello folks, I have read through this thread but would like some clarification. I am planning on adding DBox to my dedicated Atmos 7.2.4 home theater. I want to make sure I know what I am getting into with integration (don't want to lose "bitstream-out" to my pre-pro). So let me list what I have and what I plan on getting:

Ordering: 1 x HEMC controller and 1 x Jaymar 351 chair with 3250C actuators, and 1 x KAI-1P (more chairs at a later date if this goes well).

Current equipment: Apple TV, Wii U, PlayStation 3, Directv, Oppo 103D, all running through an Onkyo PR-SC 5530 pre-Amp, to Epson projector.

Thanks in advance.

You can keep bitstream from the Oppo for your system audio, but if you want to use the optical/coaxial output of the Oppo connected to the optical/coaxial -> 3.5mm jack converter I recommended two weeks ago, you need to set the Optical/Coaxial option in the Oppo's audio menu to LPCM (will not affect bitstream over HDMI).

Hail to the King, baby!
Old 12-21-2014, 03:13 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Speaking of chairs

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Not saying that you should buy the ferrari of cinema chairs, but the infamously problematic Yugo of d-box chairs?really?

no, ns design mclaren love seat "highperformance" bargain, READNS Designs McClaren Chair for D-Box

you are Welcomed

will talk signal integation later.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 12-21-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Have you already ordered the Jaymar? If so, I would highly recommend that you go with another seat. The Jaymar is the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in our home. So much so that my wife won't even watch a movie in my theater room with me.

The cushioning is in the worst possible location for ones rear, back and head.

At the very least, audition a full movie sitting in one before making the final purchase.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
You can keep bitstream from the Oppo for your system audio, but if you want to use the optical/coaxial output of the Oppo connected to the optical/coaxial -> 3.5mm jack converter I recommended two weeks ago, you need to set the Optical/Coaxial option in the Oppo's audio menu to LPCM (will not affect bitstream over HDMI).
If I set the optical/Coaxial on the Oppo to LPCM, can I just run the out cable to the HEMC directly? Or do I need a diffent device (converter) in the line between the Oppo and the HEMC? Sorry if I sound daft, D box tech is not in my wheelhouse....yet.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
Not saying that you should buy the ferrari of cinema chairs, but the infamously problematic Yugo of d-box chairs?really?

no, ns design mclaren love seat "highperformance" bargain, READNS Designs McClaren Chair for D-Box

you are Welcomed

will talk signal integation later.
Thanks for the feedback and warning. I'll take a look at my options and contact you directly when I get farther along.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Have you already ordered the Jaymar? If so, I would highly recommend that you go with another seat. The Jaymar is the most uncomfortable piece of furniture in our home. So much so that my wife won't even watch a movie in my theater room with me.

The cushioning is in the worst possible location for ones rear, back and head.

At the very least, audition a full movie sitting in one before making the final purchase.
I have not made the purchase yet. Thanks for the feedback. I am getting a great deal on the chair, but it would be a bad investment if the chair's comfort is untollerable. I am also looking at the Jaymar 352. The design appears to be different with an adjustable headrest. Any feedback on that chair? What about adding memory foam to either chair, would that help?

Just trying to do a one-chair investment without buying a 4-5K chair (before actuators added). If the wife likes it, we will be getting more later.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
If I set the optical/Coaxial on the Oppo to LPCM, can I just run the out cable to the HEMC directly? Or do I need a diffent device (converter) in the line between the Oppo and the HEMC? Sorry if I sound daft, D box tech is not in my wheelhouse....yet.

Please look at my posts from two weeks ago to find a direct link to the converter you need. And you will need a converter, because the HEMC only accepts a 3.5mm input.

Hail to the King, baby!
Old 12-21-2014, 09:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
I have not made the purchase yet. Thanks for the feedback. I am getting a great deal on the chair, but it would be a bad investment if the chair's comfort is untollerable. I am also looking at the Jaymar 352. The design appears to be different with an adjustable headrest. Any feedback on that chair? What about adding memory foam to either chair, would that help?

Just trying to do a one-chair investment without buying a 4-5K chair (before actuators added). If the wife likes it, we will be getting more later.
i was not refering to comfort but bad piston fit
Old 12-21-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Please look at my posts from two weeks ago to find a direct link to the converter you need. And you will need a converter, because the HEMC only accepts a 3.5mm input.
Thanks, looks like an inexpensive fix.
Old 12-21-2014, 09:57 PM

Thanks for the clarification. How is the piston fit bad?

How is the piston fit with the 352 model?
Old 12-22-2014, 06:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Post a picture of both the 351 and the 352. Mine has the adjustable head rest. So maybe I have the 352. It's been so many years, I can't remember. Either way, search this thread for "Jaymar". There aren't many people who find them comfortable.

Regarding memory foam, I wouldn't recommend it. That would absorb a lot of the vibration that you are trying to achieve with the d-box.

Last edited by ckenisell; 12-22-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Post a picture of both the 351 and the 352. Mine has the adjustable head rest. So maybe I have the 352. It's been so many years, I can't remember. Either way, search this thread for "Jaymar". There aren't many people who find them comfortable.

Regarding memory foam, I wouldn't recommend it. That would absorb a lot of the vibration that you are trying to achieve with the d-box.
Here is the 352.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	435001  
Old 12-22-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:

Here is the 351.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	435009  
Old 12-22-2014, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Ok, now I am 100% sure that the converter you spec'd will work via optical/coaxial out of the Oppo 103 with LPCM selected. However, is it possible that the same converter will work with Pre/Line out coaxial to Zone 2 or Zone 3 on my Onkyo Pre Amp? If I can get the signal down mixed from my pre-pro, then I could ultimately run all my sources to the HEMC, and not just the Oppo103.

Thanks.
Old 12-22-2014, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Ok, now I am 100% sure that the converter you spec'd will work via optical/coaxial out of the Oppo 103 with LPCM selected. However, is it possible that the same converter will work with Pre/Line out coaxial to Zone 2 or Zone 3 on my Onkyo Pre Amp? If I can get the signal down mixed from my pre-pro, then I could ultimately run all my sources to the HEMC, and not just the Oppo103.

Thanks.
I need you to refer to my initial review of the HEMC in this thread. I could not get my Onkyo (which only had RCA outs for Zone 2) to work with the HEMC, mostly because it would not pass a digital signal to Zone 2. Right now, I am limited to just using the HEMC with the Oppo until I discover an alternative solution with my hardware.

Hail to the King, baby!
Old 12-22-2014, 08:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Here is the 352.
I have the 352. Most uncomfortable chair ever.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
I need you to refer to my initial review of the HEMC in this thread. I could not get my Onkyo (which only had RCA outs for Zone 2) to work with the HEMC, mostly because it would not pass a digital signal to Zone 2. Right now, I am limited to just using the HEMC with the Oppo until I discover an alternative solution with my hardware.
Ok, I did read that post of yours last night. Thought there may be some differences in output between your onkyo and mine. But I checked my manual last night and those pre-outs are analog, so I would run into the same issues you have.

Can you post a picture of the back of your HEMC? The original scetches online showed an HDMI port. Even if the current firmware version does not support HDMI, it would be nice to know there is future capacity for that option.

Running the converter out of the Oppo is not the end of the world, since both Netflix and Vudu stream from there. Additionally, I have my directv HDMI plugged into the back of the oppo to get Darblet processing. So that really only leaves my Apple TV, PS3, and Wii U out of the chain. Truth be told, I am an Audio and Videofile bratt who prefers to watch all my content in Blu-ray. So running HEMC from the Oppo is more than reasonable.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I have the 352. Most uncomfortable chair ever.
Sorry it is so horrible, but thanks for the feedback. I will stear clear.
Old 12-22-2014, 08:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Can you post a picture of the back of your HEMC? The original scetches online showed an HDMI port. Even if the current firmware version does not support HDMI, it would be nice to know there is future capacity for that option.
NO sirree. It's just a way to connect along with usb a KVM the video monitor for the device internal workings, something very useful to have in a d-box rack in case of troubleshooting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=e6nRtryDRQk
Old 12-22-2014, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Can you post a picture of the back of your HEMC?

Please look through my posts again, I already posted a picture of the rear of the HEMC during the unboxing.

Hail to the King, baby!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 83
At the HEMC's price point, one may think/hope any converter needed would be in the box. It feels almost incomplete without it.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
NO sirree. It's just a way to connect along with usb a KVM the video monitor for the device internal workings, something very useful to have in a d-box rack in case of troubleshooting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=e6nRtryDRQk
Ok. Thank you. This helps a lot.
Old 12-22-2014, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
At the HEMC's price point, one may think/hope any converter needed would be in the box. It feels almost incomplete without it.
Agreed. Luckily the converter that drvais spec'd is under $20!
Old 12-22-2014, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Was anyone aware of this page of upcoming MFX codes?

http://hemc.d-box.com/?page_id=4115
thxman likes this.

Hail to the King, baby!