For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 232 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes
post #6931 of 6934 Unread 03-28-2015, 03:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 26
I mean I will put in a new hard drive as the old one failed so it will be a fresh install of Windows. Don't know if I should run Win7 or XP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6932 of 6934 Unread 03-28-2015, 04:51 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Actually, the HEMC update file is a single file containing firmware and motion codes. It is currently about 1.2gig in size...

New movies this week include The Hobbit: Five Armies...

I checked the HEMC and the 3rd hobbit installment is not there, nor are any of the others...

So back to manual updates.

Sony VW1100 | Stewart 156" Ultramat 150
McIntosh 151 | 3 x MC601 | 1 x MC205 | Oppo 105 | Lumagen 2041
B&W 800 / HTM 2 Diamonds | 4 x Paradigm ADP3 | 2 x Fathom F212
D-Box HEMC & 2 x SRP 330 platforms
post #6933 of 6934 Unread 03-28-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Argh, fresh hard drive and get NTLDR missing error. I actually have 3 old 340c controllers I can fix if I can get a good lead on the motherboards. (I have 2 additional stand alone chairs that are not in my theater that I would like to get back running.)
post #6934 of 6934 Unread Today, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Poindexter View Post
Argh, fresh hard drive and get NTLDR missing error. I actually have 3 old 340c controllers I can fix if I can get a good lead on the motherboards. (I have 2 additional stand alone chairs that are not in my theater that I would like to get back running.)
Here is the link to where I present my modded 340C:
For all D-Box enthusiasts !

I also described how I exchanged the harddrive (twice). You need to use a tool that also copies the boot sector.

As for the motherboard, exchanging the defect/domed capacitprs helped with all 340C controllers that showed symptoms like crashing (blue screens), not booting anymore, etc. that I laid my hands on. If you want to replace the motherboard(s), the LN10000EG is an option. Like the ML-series, it is EOL, but you might find it somewhere and I can confirm that it works - and in the message above, I describe what needs to be changed (e.g. on the old board +5V are taken from a WOL-socket and since the LN10000EG doesn't have that socket, I took the +5V from an internal USB port). You still might have to exchange a few capacitors on the small daughter board for the power supply, as it is needed with most Mini-ITX motherboards ( there are a few out there, that you can connect directly to an external 12V power supply, but then you would have to re-think all the 340C-internal wiring...). Continuing to use the power supply daughter board and the existing wiring also makes sure you don't need to re-think how to supply the voltage needed for the controller board.

If you make a fresh install, you also need to make sure you have the drivers for the CrystalFonts display of the controller. I never did such a fresh install, but in my 340C, I found a registry key labeled "embedded mode". I suppose this one is needed to make sure that the controller software always claims the top position of all windows. The CrystalFonts display and the front panel buttons use the PS/2 keyboard port and this can only work if the D-Box controller application is active/the top window.

Hope this helps!

Markus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page