For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 246 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 205Likes

post #7351 of 7357 Old 02-10-2016, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 178
There was some talk about Immersit future competition to D-Box, their kickstarter is now live
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...n-device-under

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" Screen AVR: Onkyo TX-NR646 ATMOS DTS-X + Darbee
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L/R) + (2) JL Audio 12" Subs +(2) ButtKicker LFE
Arrangement: 5.1.2 Source Nexus Player, Roku 4, Panasonic Bluray Player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7352 of 7357 Old 02-10-2016, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 178
There was some talk about Immersit future competition to D-Box, their kickstarter is now live

Projector: BenQ w1500 + ES Sable 135" Screen AVR: Onkyo TX-NR646 ATMOS DTS-X + Darbee
Speakers: Polk Audio TSX550t (FL/FR), CS2 Series II (C), Monitor40 Series II (RL/RR),
Onkyo THX Bookshelf Speakers (Ceiling L/R) + (2) JL Audio 12" Subs +(2) ButtKicker LFE
Arrangement: 5.1.2 Source Nexus Player, Roku 4, Panasonic Bluray Player
post #7353 of 7357 Old 02-10-2016, 10:51 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Chaves View Post
Yep looks very impressive!

All the earliest bird pledges are gone, however about 150 left for the next level down!
post #7354 of 7357 Old 02-10-2016, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 192
I kind of wish I got one at the $500 level to test out. This may even be better for gaming, especially if it works with consoles. I can't help but think someone is going to put this on a recliner and flip themselves backwards though (think kids tilting their chairs back in school). An incliner may be fine.
post #7355 of 7357 Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
I kind of wish I got one at the $500 level to test out. This may even be better for gaming, especially if it works with consoles.
Hi,

I am one of the 35 that will hopefully get the set in October '16. @599 EUR incl. tax, plus shipping, the financial risk is limited and I am anxious to see how it performs, compared to the D-Box set.

Some of their statements on the Kickstarter page, however, don't sound realistic, though. E.g. the bit about the padding under the actuators that is supposed to stop any vibration... if a padding can do that, then the system does not work properly... vibrate and/or move an 1,100 lbs 3-seater and you need a really solid and massive floor to put it on or the floor WILL shake with the 3-seater. In my old appartment, the whole house was shaking when my D-Box loveseat was in action... and I had placed it as close to the wall as I could... finally, I had to reduce the intesity to protect the buildung structure and not get thrown out...

Another thing I am wondering about is the connection of the actuators or pads with the furniture... as it seems that there is none: the furniture just stands on the pads with its feet. THXMAN, you are probably right, that furniture could slide and/or flip... especially, as the pictures and animations suggest that the Immersit offers more than the 1.5" of movement that the D-Box actuators offer.

Anyway, time will tell.

Cheers

Markus
post #7356 of 7357 Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 25
A little update on the Immersit Motion... the pads are working with pneumatics and are said to offer up to 4 inches of travel...
post #7357 of 7357 Old Today, 11:30 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello guys,

Just wanted to share pictures of the "Salon de l'Auto de Sherbrooke" where we were ambassadors for D-BOX in the Montreal region.

A lot of people had the chance to try our new simulation rigs, we had 2 professional racecar drivers try out the rigs and they said they felt the feeling was very real. We used PROJECT CARS and GRID.

It was a pretty great experience and it attracted a lot of people. Who knows, maybe some day we will have the chance to meet some of you at a convention near you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D-BOX - VISION HD Rig.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	144.9 KB
ID:	1248025   Click image for larger version

Name:	D-BOX - VISION HD Rig 2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1248033   Click image for larger version

Name:	D-BOX - VISION HD Rig 3.jpg
Views:	3