post #721 of 6615 Old 12-13-2007, 11:08 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Wong View Post

I believe Cars BD, being a Disney release, has PCM 5.1 and DD5.1, but not Dolby True HD.

I don't think Disney has released any True HD BDs yet, though I may be wrong.

Joe

You are correct in that the Cars Blu-ray is has only PCM and DD tracks...no DD True HD.

Mark
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #722 of 6615 Old 12-14-2007, 10:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

You are correct in that the Cars Blu-ray is has only PCM and DD tracks...no DD True HD.

Mark

That is bizarre! We have Dolby TrueHD listed on the cover and to make sure I went and look in the feature of the BD and yes there is Dolby TrueHD and the player recognize it. I really think we have a different version.
post #723 of 6615 Old 12-14-2007, 02:38 PM
AVS Club Gold

Just went to check mine, no TrueHD for Cars... but I'll buy your one from you

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #724 of 6615 Old 12-14-2007, 02:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
No True HD on mine either, so that must be the problem with the codes... we have different versions.

Phil
post #725 of 6615 Old 12-14-2007, 04:11 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS View Post

I would say since it was my persistence that caused them to look closely, I should get the True HD disc.

Mark
post #726 of 6615 Old 12-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS View Post

Can you sync on your version?
post #727 of 6615 Old 12-14-2007, 07:48 PM
Advanced Member

We haven't had a problem yet with different version of BD titles, but this Car one may just be the first... I will dig a little more and we will get to the bottom of this...

more to come, sorry for the delay
post #728 of 6615 Old 12-15-2007, 02:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Are the motion codes available for the new Blu Ray HARRY POTTER 5???

Harry Potter 5 Blu Ray
Blade Runner Blu Ray
post #729 of 6615 Old 12-15-2007, 02:54 PM
AVS Special Member

I agree with Chris. Those two titles should be top priority....... along with The Simpsons.

Phil
post #730 of 6615 Old 12-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post

Are the motion codes available for the new Blu Ray HARRY POTTER 5???

Harry Potter 5 Blu Ray
Blade Runner Blu Ray

We are trying to get Harry Potter before the end of the next week (holiday)
post #731 of 6615 Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I would say since it was my persistence that caused them to look closely, I should get the True HD disc.

Mark

Mark, since nothing is happening for 2 weeks here at the office I will grab a copy of the Cars bluray while going to CES and we shall look at it upon my return. This is an interesting one.
post #732 of 6615 Old 12-17-2007, 12:01 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannickG View Post

Mark, since nothing is happening for 2 weeks here at the office I will grab a copy of the Cars bluray while going to CES and we shall look at it upon my return. This is an interesting one.

Are you going to be sharing an exhibit with anyone, or will D-Box have their own "booth"?

Mark
post #733 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Are you going to be sharing an exhibit with anyone, or will D-Box have their own "booth"?

Mark

Mark,

It's our own booth (Booth 20659, South Hall 1) with some partners Runco, Screen Research and more... Anybody planning on attending should come and experience the demo we are having. We will be showing how the Motion Code are done with one of our Motion Artist on site. And of course a surprise...

Are you going?
post #734 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 09:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mark,

It's our own booth (Booth 20659, South Hall 1) with some partners Runco, Screen Research and more... Anybody planning on attending should come and experience the demo we are having. We will be showing how the Motion Code are done with one of our Motion Artist on site. And of course a surprise...

Are you going?

Dangit! What's the surprise?!?!? I might not make it to E3 this year, so just us this- will it relate to market adoption, or hdmi connectivity?
post #735 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 09:10 AM
AVS Special Member

As much as I prefer Blu Ray and the end of the format war... the reality is that I am really hurting from lack of HD-DVD D-box support due to Universal, Paramount, and Dreamworks HD-DVD exclusive movies. I refuse to watch standard DVD in this age of High Definition. DVD is not the standard in any D-Box equiped home theater. I'm starting to get a lot of HD-DVD exclusive movies that I'm putting on hold due to no D-BOX support...

I still see no end in sight and I refuse to watch Transofrmers and a bunch of other HD-DVD exclusives until I can use my 1080p projector and D-BOX... They are both equally important.
post #736 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

I am with you Chris. I recently had a copy of Shrek 3 DVD that I received by mistake. Rather than watch it with the codes, I returned it for the HDDVD version, and will be watching it without codes. HD comes first, always, for me.

Phil
post #737 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 10:14 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:

Mark,

Are you going?

Hmmm...Diapers/Formula or a trip to Vegas...decisions, decisions

Mark
post #738 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

As much as I prefer Blu Ray and the end of the format war... the reality is that I am really hurting from lack of HD-DVD D-box support due to Universal, Paramount, and Dreamworks HD-DVD exclusive movies. I refuse to watch standard DVD in this age of High Definition. DVD is not the standard in any D-Box equiped home theater. I'm starting to get a lot of HD-DVD exclusive movies that I'm putting on hold due to no D-BOX support...

I still see no end in sight and I refuse to watch Transofrmers and a bunch of other HD-DVD exclusives until I can use my 1080p projector and D-BOX... They are both equally important.

What??? You mean you don't already have a 1080p projector and you are making all those waves about HD. hehehehe that's really funny I really do get your point but that was too easy... It will come
post #739 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 05:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Ha, Yannick, just a warning. When he gets the projector that he is getting, he is going to be even more adamant about the BD titles. I know, I have the same projector, and it makes watching HD mandatory, it is so spectacular.

I watched Live Free Die Hard last night, and man, that was intense. The codes were fantastic, and magnified the impact of the movie many times. One of the best use of codes yet.

Phil
post #740 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 06:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am with you Chris. I recently had a copy of Shrek 3 DVD that I received by mistake. Rather than watch it with the codes, I returned it for the HDDVD version, and will be watching it without codes. HD comes first, always, for me.

I very much enjoyed Die Hard 4 Blu Ray as well. It was great since I had friends visiting and none of us had seen the movie! that is the level of performance I expect: Recently released movie in Blu Ray, lossless audio, and D-Box motion codes...

I packaged up my Sony Ruby in the original box today and wrapped it with gift wrapping and sent it 2-Day cross country to my father in Pittsburgh, PA. I am flying in for a week for the holidays and will be mounting it on Sunday! So I have had a 1080p projector for a while now and look forward to the C3x1080 which is supposed to be here FRIDAY!! I'm not sure how much different the C3X 1080 will look compared to the Ruby, but hopefully it will be here Friday.

As Phil says HD is more important than D-BOX... I know I said they were equally important, but either way I refuse to watch standard DVD. I can't think of any D-Box owner who would watch a DVD movie when there is HD-DVD available. As Phil says, we will watch the HD-DVD version or hold onto the HD-DVD version until there is support for HD-DVD from D-Box...

HD-DVD or bust...

(Looks like I'll miss the Steelers vs Rams game on Thursday night, hehe... If they lose that I wouldn't want to know about it anyway... I'll just watch the Ravens game on the C3X 1080 when I get back!)

DAMN, you reminded me Shrek 3 was in HD-DVD... and not only that, it means GLADIATOR will be coming out on HD-DVD I really wanted D-Box codes for Gladiator... Damn Microsoft, Dreamworks, Universal, and Paramount!!!
post #741 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post

Ha, Yannick, just a warning. When he gets the projector that he is getting, he is going to be even more adamant about the BD titles. I know, I have the same projector, and it makes watching HD mandatory, it is so spectacular.

I watched Live Free Die Hard last night, and man, that was intense. The codes were fantastic, and magnified the impact of the movie many times. One of the best use of codes yet.

he! Phil I know... Die Hard 4 is indeed one of the best movie! Thanks,
post #742 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 07:11 PM
Advanced Member

Health,

You had requested Underdog in BD didn't you?? Can't say though that things are not improving, of course it's not yet where we all want it to be, but the day and date releases are increasing. You have no idea how much it takes to get these in advance.

I know and I understand that HD is manditory nowaday, but you would be amazed how many people using D-BOX are still to this day on Standard DVD.

Btw are you coming to CES? This would be perfect timing for you to see how we create the Motion Code Live with one of our Motion Artist. (this is an invitation for everyone of course). But since the tactile track is so precious to you I think it would be worth it if you can...
post #743 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I very much enjoyed Die Hard 4 Blu Ray as well. It was great since I had friends visiting and none of us had seen the movie! that is the level of performance I expect: Recently released movie in Blu Ray, lossless audio, and D-Box motion codes...

I packaged up my Sony Ruby in the original box today and wrapped it with gift wrapping and sent it 2-Day cross country to my father in Pittsburgh, PA. I am flying in for a week for the holidays and will be mounting it on Sunday! So I have had a 1080p projector for a while now and look forward to the C3x1080 which is supposed to be here FRIDAY!! I'm not sure how much different the C3X 1080 will look compared to the Ruby, but hopefully it will be here Friday.

As Phil says HD is more important than D-BOX... I know I said they were equally important, but either way I refuse to watch standard DVD. I can't think of any D-Box owner who would watch a DVD movie when there is HD-DVD available. As Phil says, we will watch the HD-DVD version or hold onto the HD-DVD version until there is support for HD-DVD from D-Box...

HD-DVD or bust...

(Looks like I'll miss the Steelers vs Rams game on Thursday night, hehe... If they lose that I wouldn't want to know about it anyway... I'll just watch the Ravens game on the C3X 1080 when I get back!)

DAMN, you reminded me Shrek 3 was in HD-DVD... and not only that, it means GLADIATOR will be coming out on HD-DVD I really wanted D-Box codes for Gladiator... Damn Microsoft, Dreamworks, Universal, and Paramount!!!

Ok I was kind of shock that you didn't have a 1080p projector... Nice christmas gift
post #744 of 6615 Old 12-18-2007, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

You had requested Underdog in BD didn't you??

Yes! In fact, I just got it today!!

Quote:

Btw are you coming to CES? This would be perfect timing for you to see how we create the Motion Code Live with one of our Motion Artist. (this is an invitation for everyone of course). But since the tactile track is so precious to you I think it would be worth it if you can...

Unfortunately I can't make it this year. If everything goes as planned, I will go next year. Of course I'll likely chose between CEDIA and CES, I don't think I will go to both... Would be nice but I'm over-obligated in January.
post #745 of 6615 Old 12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

What??? You mean you don't already have a 1080p projector and you are making all those waves about HD. hehehehe that's really funny I really do get your point but that was too easy... It will come

Ha! Commitment! So now that you have officially stated that hddvd support is coming from D-Box, the real question is when will it arrive?

I mean, I can only assume next week, in time for Christmas...

Yeah- that's it- D-box will release hddvd support in time for Christmas- according to Yannick- on these here forums!

(of course i am joking )
post #746 of 6615 Old 12-19-2007, 03:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It will come

I will 'come' to if that is the case!!!

In fact I just ordered a bunch of exclusive HD-DVD titles based on this new information. Wow that is great news!
post #747 of 6615 Old 12-19-2007, 05:08 PM
AVS Special Member

The Shining, and 2001 BD codes just released!!!!!

Thanks for the Christmas Present.

Phil
post #748 of 6615 Old 12-19-2007, 06:54 PM
Advanced Member

Iansilv

That's not the type of post I really like to see (I know it's a joke)... Unfortunately there is nothing on the HDDVD going to be announced at CES. All I'm saying is that eventually there will be a solution and one for the HD audio other than Dolby True HD or DTS HD which are working. There are still 2 studios on the BD camp. With the rumours about Warner... CES shall be really interesting
post #749 of 6615 Old 12-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post

The Shining, and 2001 BD codes just released!!!!!

Thanks for the Christmas Present.

There is another one that was requested that I think we will get done for you to enjoy during the Holiday! Blade Runner
post #750 of 6615 Old 12-19-2007, 07:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yes! In fact, I just got it today!!

Unfortunately I can't make it this year. If everything goes as planned, I will go next year. Of course I'll likely chose between CEDIA and CES, I don't think I will go to both... Would be nice but I'm over-obligated in January.

too bad, but I understand. As part of the New branding of the company we will have Motion Artist on site to most of our shows, so if you make it to CEDIA next year it should be there as well. We will have some footage done while at the show. I will make sure to post it so you can at least see what's happening.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page