For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 253 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 269Likes

post #7561 of 7584 Old 06-17-2016, 04:34 PM
MESSING WITH YOUR SENSES

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Send a message via Skype™ to CINERAMAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspotorno View Post
I figured I'd try here first.

Currently, I have the HEMC connected to the optical output of my Oppo to a digital to audio converter and directly to the HEMC. Works great, since we usually only watch movies from BluRays.

However, I am planning on adding additional inputs, like the Strato in the future.

My question, I have a Datasat RS20i. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to hook up the HEMC to the Datasat? This would free up all my issues as all audio goes thru this device. There really is not an toslink or similar outbound port on the RS20i to use...

Thanks.
Tony Hi, just copy to 2 unused channels the left and right channel(only) and convert those 2 to stereo minijack. Guranteed to work!

Happy Fathers Day!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7562 of 7584 Old 06-17-2016, 05:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Liked: 351
Quote:
Originally Posted by tspotorno View Post
I figured I'd try here first.

Currently, I have the HEMC connected to the optical output of my Oppo to a digital to audio converter and directly to the HEMC. Works great, since we usually only watch movies from BluRays.

However, I am planning on adding additional inputs, like the Strato in the future.

My question, I have a Datasat RS20i. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to hook up the HEMC to the Datasat? This would free up all my issues as all audio goes thru this device. There really is not an toslink or similar outbound port on the RS20i to use...

Thanks.
Peter covers it here.

Kaleidescape Strato Movie Player 4K HDR $4,500
post #7563 of 7584 Old 06-17-2016, 08:56 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Tnx Peter! Luckily, I had all the correct connectors. That solution worked great!
CINERAMAX likes this.

Sony VW1100 | Stewart 156" Ultramat 150
Datasat RS20i | 3 x MC601 | 1 x MC205 | Oppo 105 | Lumagen Radiance Pro
B&W 800 / HTM 2 Diamonds | 4 x Paradigm ADP3 | 2 x Fathom F212 | 4 x ML Vanquish
D-Box HEMC & 2 x SRP 330 platforms | Synology DS3615xs 12x6TB drives

Sony VW5000ES on order...
post #7564 of 7584 Old 06-21-2016, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys,

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to D-Box, but I'm building a home theatre and there is the slight possibility that the wife will say yes to a D-Box setup.

I was just wondering what D-Box does with extended/alternate editions of films. Does it work with the whole film, or just the parts that are in the theatrical release?

Thanks!
post #7565 of 7584 Old 06-21-2016, 06:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Abubu View Post
Hey guys,

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to D-Box, but I'm building a home theatre and there is the slight possibility that the wife will say yes to a D-Box setup.

I was just wondering what D-Box does with extended/alternate editions of films. Does it work with the whole film, or just the parts that are in the theatrical release?

Thanks!
The HEMC listens to the audio of the current movie, and plays along, and constantly checks the audio and readjusts itself.

This is much better than the original design, whereby the controller would fail to play at all unless it had an exact match. Most movies in extended editions have longer scenes through out the movie. The HEMC has a buffer, it would play thru the extended scene and then if it detected a change it would resync to the current location.

Through experience, this effect is NOT noticeable at all.

I can at any time rewind the movie, skip chapters on the fly and the HEMC usually catches up in a couple of seconds.

Hope that helps.

Sony VW1100 | Stewart 156" Ultramat 150
Datasat RS20i | 3 x MC601 | 1 x MC205 | Oppo 105 | Lumagen Radiance Pro
B&W 800 / HTM 2 Diamonds | 4 x Paradigm ADP3 | 2 x Fathom F212 | 4 x ML Vanquish
D-Box HEMC & 2 x SRP 330 platforms | Synology DS3615xs 12x6TB drives

Sony VW5000ES on order...
post #7566 of 7584 Old 06-21-2016, 07:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Also, to add to the good overview from @tspotorno , a lot of extended cuts are coded as well with motion which is a big plus.
post #7567 of 7584 Old 06-21-2016, 08:44 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Question about updating with a USB stick (Yes guys, I know that the HEMC automatically updates motion codes but due to some reasons I want to update them manually):

I copied the "D-BOX_HEMC_Update.hemc_update" file (2.4gb file) to my D-Box USB stick and put the stick in my HEMC controller. Nothing happens, no updating. The stick keeps blinking red. What am I doing wrong? I formatted the stick to FAT32 (quick format).
post #7568 of 7584 Old 06-23-2016, 05:19 AM
MESSING WITH YOUR SENSES

post #7569 of 7584 Old 06-24-2016, 03:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanderdvd View Post
Question about updating with a USB stick (Yes guys, I know that the HEMC automatically updates motion codes but due to some reasons I want to update them manually):

I copied the "D-BOX_HEMC_Update.hemc_update" file (2.4gb file) to my D-Box USB stick and put the stick in my HEMC controller. Nothing happens, no updating. The stick keeps blinking red. What am I doing wrong? I formatted the stick to FAT32 (quick format).
No ideas anyone?
post #7570 of 7584 Old 06-27-2016, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I also have a similar problem. I just installed the HEMC, installed all cables, hardwired to my router and able to reach it with my iPad (still no seats to try the movement) When I sort the movies by date, latest movie is Fantastic Four (2015) So, movie database is old. I left the HEMC On and connected to internet for half a day now and the movie database is still the same, but it looks like the HEMC software version is updated as of today when I check the settings-->info

I've tried to install the new movies by downloading the latest motion code package, but it comes as an encrypted zip file and can not be installed/extracted to a USB stick as it asks for a password. I put the complete downloaded zip file on the USB stick and plugged it into HEMC but nothing really happens. I don't see any update status message on the main page of the app. Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need a password to do these new movie updates manually?

Thanks
post #7571 of 7584 Old 06-27-2016, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat View Post
I also have a similar problem. I just installed the HEMC, installed all cables, hardwired to my router and able to reach it with my iPad (still no seats to try the movement) When I sort the movies by date, latest movie is Fantastic Four (2015) So, movie database is old. I left the HEMC On and connected to internet for half a day now and the movie database is still the same, but it looks like the HEMC software version is updated as of today when I check the settings-->info

I've tried to install the new movies by downloading the latest motion code package, but it comes as an encrypted zip file and can not be installed/extracted to a USB stick as it asks for a password. I put the complete downloaded zip file on the USB stick and plugged it into HEMC but nothing really happens. I don't see any update status message on the main page of the app. Am I doing something wrong here? Do I need a password to do these new movie updates manually?
Thanks
Did you try this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualos View Post
I have mine working via USB update now. Ensure you download with Google Chrome so it doesn't get named a zip file or rename it using the command prompt (what I did).

It should be:

D-BOX_HEMC_Update.hemc_update not D-BOX_HEMC_Update.zip
drvais and Murat like this.
post #7572 of 7584 Old 06-29-2016, 03:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone seen or heard where a chair can only incline (wall saver) versus recline with D-Box installed?
post #7573 of 7584 Old 06-29-2016, 04:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Has anyone seen or heard where a chair can only incline (wall saver) versus recline with D-Box installed?
The Jaymar 352 D-BOX Ready seat is an incliner. http://www.jaymar.ca/jaymar-homethea...OX-1605-1.html
post #7574 of 7584 Old 06-29-2016, 04:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell View Post
The Jaymar 352 D-BOX Ready seat is an incliner. http://www.jaymar.ca/jaymar-homethea...OX-1605-1.html
Thanks, I know that incliners work fine, but can standard recliner work as well? I ask because my loveseat was ordered as a recliner and I received an incliner (wall saver) instead. This is an issue as the foot rest will collide with the headrest of the front row if in the back position as well. I am trying to prepare for any other unexpected obstacles.
post #7575 of 7584 Old 06-30-2016, 04:07 AM
MESSING WITH YOUR SENSES

Quote:
Thanks, I know that incliners work fine, but can standard recliner work as well? I ask because my loveseat was ordered as a recliner and I received an incliner (wall saver) instead. This is an issue as the foot rest will collide with the headrest of the front row if in the back position as well. I am trying to prepare for any other unexpected obstacles.
From a center of gravity shift purpose a recliner is the correct category to use for d-box, otherwise you are opening yourself for shifting weigh issues which affects correct motion balance and articulation response ( minimises possibility of uncontrolled chair heaving from overload).

Fortress, design ns, acoustic innovations, they all make affordable incliners.Before mario went to head up Jaymar his best recommended brand ( confided to me while heading d-box)was dsign NS, they use the same ELMO LEATHER leather as the Bugatti of Cinema chairs CINEAK, but for way less. Their website is not that good but they have a huge showroom with clean lines that are so much unlike rooms to go types. I do there once in a while to see their latest d-box friendly incliner designs, let me know if you need a picture gofer.

Last edited by CINERAMAX; 06-30-2016 at 04:13 AM.
post #7576 of 7584 Old 06-30-2016, 03:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks Peter, but no budget for new chairs. Just need to confirm that D-Box CAN in fact be used with a recliner vs. only incliners.
CINERAMAX likes this.

Last edited by thxman; 06-30-2016 at 04:06 PM.
post #7577 of 7584 Old 06-30-2016, 11:15 PM
MESSING WITH YOUR SENSES

I think you will be fine unless your enhanced couch potatoing opportunitites take your body weigh to over 250 pounds in which case the chairs could tilt backwards.LOL.
post #7578 of 7584 Old 07-01-2016, 04:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Did you try this?
So just rename it to a file with NO extension.
post #7579 of 7584 Old 07-01-2016, 05:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post
I think you will be fine unless your enhanced couch potatoing opportunitites take your body weigh to over 250 pounds in which case the chairs could tilt backwards.LOL.
Thanks Peter. I am going to push them to fix this and provide me with what I ordered. The love seat will get little usage anyway.
post #7580 of 7584 Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM
AVS Special Member

For those with Atmos and the Samsung UBD-K8500 and don't have an extra HDMI out (one to AVR/SSP and one to PJ), how are you getting D-Box and Atmos? All they HDMI extractors I use kill bit stream (PCM only).
post #7581 of 7584 Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Lightbulb

If you are not using the pre-outs of your receiver just use the Front Left, Right, and Center outputs to a RCA to 3.5mm audio cable. Or you can set your receiver to allow stereo upmix to the main HDMI Out and then place your HDMI audio extractor between to the projector so that the Atmos bitstream gets process before hand.

Projectors: JVC DLA-RS4910 / Sharp XV-Z30000 / Epson 5030UBe + Elite Screens 135 Inch AVR: Yamaha RX-A3050 Media Players: Oppo 103D / Dune HD Max 7.2.4 Speakers: JTR Triple 8 (x3) (FL, FR, Center) / JTR Slanted 8 (x4) (SL, SR, SBL, SBR) / Polk Audio OWM3 (x4) (Front & Rear Heights) / Sony MDR-HW700DS Headphones (x4) / Rythmik FV15HP Powered Subwoofer (x2) / Crowson Shadow-8 Dual Motion Actuator (T108SS) (x4) + ButtKicker BKA1000-N Power Amplifier (x2) / Emotiva Amplifier/ D-Box System
post #7582 of 7584 Old Yesterday, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Do you guys hear any humming noise (electrical hum) coming from the D-Box units installed in the seats? I've just powered up my Cineak seats and I hear a humming noise coming from every seat when the room is quite silent. It could be the motors for the seat movement but Cineak says it's very unlikely and it must be the D-Box power unit.

What do you think? What could be the reason for this this? A grounding problem, bad connection or a common thing with D-Box? I have no such noises coming from anything in the room.

Thanks
post #7583 of 7584 Old Today, 12:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok, for any other Trinnov Altitude, D-Box users that don't have their outputs 'hacked" (Murat), I have a tested, working solution for multiple sources. The AES XLR out just to the left of the DB25 AES 1-16 out is active simultaneously with the AES 1-16. I simply connected it to my external DAC and use RCA to 1/8 to the HEMC and it worked great.
post #7584 of 7584 Old Today, 05:43 PM
MESSING WITH YOUR SENSES

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlFinds View Post
If you are not using the pre-outs of your receiver just use the Front Left, Right, and Center outputs to a RCA to 3.5mm audio cable. Or you can set your receiver to allow stereo upmix to the main HDMI Out and then place your HDMI audio extractor between to the projector so that the Atmos bitstream gets process before hand.
Edny this is really too much. All that is needed is the unmixed Left Right period .It works all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page