For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 259 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 312Likes

post #7741 of 7747 Old Yesterday, 08:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
So, who's parting with your BD series IV now that you have an HEMC?
I disconnected my (modded) 340C from my system. I never used the audio mode on the legacy controllers, so this additional feature of the old controllers was not of value for me. And the possibility to load codes via optical drive is not needed anymore in the time of virtually unlimted internet bandwidth.
And new codes are available only for the new controller (HEMC) since January 01, 2017.

Speaking of codes... the latest update from D-Box is dated Feb 03, 2017... two Fridays without an update!?

Anyway, the HEMC is working fine for me, so I am offering my modded 340C (BD drive, Windows 7, Intel ATOM board, SSD drive) together with an UMP-100 on ebay.de now.

Cheers!

Markus
thxman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7742 of 7747 Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 547
I am keeping my MCI 4P. It is not even in the rack, but I figure it has no real value and I never know if I may need it for something one day. It also has audio mode and demo mode not present on the HEMC, as already mentioned though I never use audio mode either.
post #7743 of 7747 Old Yesterday, 09:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The first HEMC I purchased a long while back was a nightmare... but the new Black HEMC has been working great... I think it has been almost a year since I received the black HEMC replacement

post #7744 of 7747 Old Today, 12:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Does anyone have this effect with HEMC? When you stop or pause a movie, the movement still continues for a few seconds. Then when you restart again, it comes back when the movie is synched but it starts mostly with a huge kick from the seats. Are these normal? Do you also get these weird effects?
post #7745 of 7747 Old Today, 12:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 512 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat View Post
Does anyone have this effect with HEMC? When you stop or pause a movie, the movement still continues for a few seconds. Then when you restart again, it comes back when the movie is synched but it starts mostly with a huge kick from the seats. Are these normal? Do you also get these weird effects?
I get that kick sometimes, but not so much after a pause as just random.
post #7746 of 7747 Old Today, 01:43 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post
The first HEMC I purchased a long while back was a nightmare... but the new Black HEMC has been working great... I think it has been almost a year since I received the black HEMC replacement
I asked D-Box in Kanada about the difference between the silver box and the black box. They said there are no differences beetween both boxes.

Is there now technically but a difference?
post #7747 of 7747 Old Today, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDVD04 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post
I asked D-Box in Kanada about the difference between the silver box and the black box. They said there are no differences beetween both boxes.

Is there now technically but a difference?
My black HEMC has a RS232 port and the IP Protocol for control, while the silver one has IP only, I think. Software wise they should be identical as they both receive the same image updates, which always is a delta update to the original (first) HEMC installation. Maybe they added some drivers for the black one for different hardware...

Don't know about the silver one, but the black one perfectly fits into a 1U rack cradle height wise.

Hope this helps!

Markus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page