For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 264 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 354Likes
post #7891 of 7915 Unread 05-02-2017, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Just a had a chat with DBox. They say subscription page will be active tonight.
thxman likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7892 of 7915 Unread 05-03-2017, 02:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlFinds View Post
I was told by D-Box that even though Audio Mode is the most requested feature from many D-Box home users; Audio Mode is on the very bottom of their to-do list. Stating that it's the lowest thing on their priority list because there are many other important projects for them to do. When questioned about why they don't just instead release the Audio Mode that they demo on HEMC at an event in 2014, she said that they weren't happy with the results because its performance was equal to the Audio Mode from the older D-Box controllers and they wanted it to be better not on par.

Now my assumption is that Audio Mode cannot be done properly on the HEMC since it lacks the necessary hardware of any LFE subwoofer input ports. Mostly likely it's troublesome to process the stereo down-mix effectively to isolate the low-frequency effect (LFE) signals and trying to resolve these issues using software alone is a pain in the butt which is why they have given up on it. I really miss all of the removed/missing D-Box features such as Demo Mode, Audio Mode, LCD display & IR remote control.

RIP: Audio Mode
Thats seriously bad news Just goes to show what a mess the whole department is in, they have their priorities all wrong and really don't know what else they are doing.

Firstly, if the audio mode is on par with there old systems, then theres nothing wrong with it and they can and should release it. If they want to make further improvements they can carry on doing that after release, that is what software development is about, you gradually improve it over time. Not just sit on it until its perfectly working!

Even if its on par with the old system and doesn't improve, then thats perfectly okay, atleast it will work and then people don't need to keep there old HEMC boxes, that are useless and just wasting space in cabinets.

They are saying that they are working on higher priority things at the moment? But like what? There have not been any software improvements for a while right? Yes we see some new films releasing every one or 2 weeks, but apart from that i haven't seen anything else that is new apart from this new iPhone app that they finally released.

On a separate note, does anyone know when Resident Evil the final chapter will release on dbox? The film was released in cinemas with dbox feature already created and the bluray has been released weeks ago now but still no sign of the film on the dbox website?!?!
post #7893 of 7915 Unread 05-03-2017, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat View Post
Is that a good thing? If they are going to be charging extra for this service, then i don't see why people are waiting for this? Am i missing something? Apart from smaller download sizes, surely this doesn't bring any benefits to users?

post #7894 of 7915 Unread 05-03-2017, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

Site's still down.

unOFFICIAL D-Box FAQ here!
unOFFICIAL D-Box HEMC FAQ here!
Hail to the King, baby!
post #7895 of 7915 Unread 05-03-2017, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
Site's still down.

Oh yeah... probably a little NSFW.

Last edited by xhonzi; 05-03-2017 at 09:44 AM.
post #7896 of 7915 Unread 05-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Still down
post #7897 of 7915 Unread 05-11-2017, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

What's going on with D-Box? I can't get the new movie codes on time
Their so called new software update is still not available. The launch was planned first on Apr. 18th then postponed to May 1st. Now, nothing is heard from them. I guess they are having big difficulties with this revolutionary update. But at least they should have kept us updated
post #7898 of 7915 Unread 05-11-2017, 07:53 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nothing happen but still i can get the latest update like STORKS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7899 of 7915 Unread 05-11-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
What's going on with D-Box? I can't get the new movie codes on time
Their so called new software update is still not available. The launch was planned first on Apr. 18th then postponed to May 1st. Now, nothing is heard from them. I guess they are having big difficulties with this revolutionary update. But at least they should have kept us updated
Not sure what's wrong with yours. But my dbox is still downloading all the latest updates, last two films you should have is storks and lion. I have both on my system.

Im just impatiently waiting for the resident evil the final chapter to release ?
post #7900 of 7915 Unread 05-11-2017, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I waited nearly 24h and no new codes were downloaded. So I turned off my HEMC as I don't have these 2 new movies anyway.
post #7901 of 7915 Unread 05-11-2017, 05:25 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casi View Post
I waited nearly 24h and no new codes were downloaded. So I turned off my HEMC as I don't have these 2 new movies anyway.
I find it much quicker and more reliable to just download the motion codes yourself directly from D-Box website...

Step 1:
Download the HEMC update file:
http://ftp2.d-box.com/HEMC/D-BOX_HEM...te.hemc_update

Step 2:
Place the HEMC update file on a USB flash drive that's been formatted as NTFS using a Windows computer.
(Make sure to put that file in the main root of the USB, meaning it's not located inside a folder within that USB flash drive)

Step 3:
Plug that USB flash drive with the HEMC update file into the front USB port of the HEMC.

Step 4: Wait for 10 to 20 minutes for HEMC to finish doing its thing.
Note: The light on your USB flash drive (if that thumb stick has any LED lights) should start blinking rapidly which indicate it's copying the file onto the HEMC unit, afterward the D-Box chairs should complete the process by moving up & down two pairs of times.

Step 5:
Remove the USB flash drive from the HEMC and enjoy.
(Congratulations, your HEMC now has the most recent motion codes!!!)

Projector: Epson LS10000 + Elite Screens 135 Inch AVR: Yamaha RX-A3050 Media Players: Oppo 103D / Dune HD SOLO 4K NAS: Synology 3615xs (106TB) 7.2.4 Speakers: JTR Triple 8 (x3) (FL, FR, Center) / JTR Slanted 8 (x4) (SL, SR, SBL, SBR) / Polk Audio OWM3 (x4) (Front & Rear Heights) / Sony MDR-HW700DS Headphones (x4) / Rythmik FV15HP Powered Subwoofer (x2) / Crowson Shadow-8 Dual Motion Actuator (T108SS) (x4) + ButtKicker BKA1000-N Power Amplifier (x2) / Emotiva Amplifier/ D-Box System
post #7902 of 7915 Unread 05-11-2017, 06:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
I find it much quicker and more reliable to just download the motion codes yourself directly from D-Box website...
I do the same.
post #7903 of 7915 Unread 05-11-2017, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
I do the same.
Same here. That's why I am looking forward to the new update so I don't have to download a 4-5GB all the time....hopefully that fixes it.
post #7904 of 7915 Unread 05-12-2017, 07:07 AM

Quote:

Step 1:

Step 2:
Place the HEMC update file on a USB flash drive that's been formatted as NTFS using a Windows computer.
(Make sure to put that file in the main root of the USB, meaning it's not located inside a folder within that USB flash drive)

Step 3:
Plug that USB flash drive with the HEMC update file into the front USB port of the HEMC.

Note: The light on your USB flash drive (if that thumb stick has any LED lights) should start blinking rapidly which indicate it's copying the file onto the HEMC unit, afterward the D-Box chairs should complete the process by moving up & down two pairs of times.

Step 5:
I tried that before actually. The problem is that the actual download on my PC takes about 5 hours and my internet connection is not too slow. I tried it at another house where it takes even double the time. I have no clue for what reason the PC download takes so long as the direct download with the HEMC only lasts several minutes (after its initial start for which I have to wait often for several hours)

So in my case I have the choice between:
PC: immediate download start, but downloading procedure takes hours
HEMC: download start after hours, downloading procedure takes minutes

I am an international customer in Germany. Maybe somebody else has made similar experiences and has a clue what to do
post #7905 of 7915 Unread 05-12-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I tried that before actually. The problem is that the actual download on my PC takes about 5 hours and my internet connection is not too slow. I tried it at another house where it takes even double the time. I have no clue for what reason the PC download takes so long as the direct download with the HEMC only lasts several minutes (after its initial start for which I have to wait often for several hours)

I am an international customer in Germany. Maybe somebody else has made similar experiences and has a clue what to do
Thats really weird, my HEMC is always plugged into net with a LAN cable. As soon as the download is available usually Saturday Early morning (2-3am UK Time), the download is downloaded and installed within a few minutes only.
post #7906 of 7915 Unread 05-12-2017, 07:25 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nads View Post
Thats really weird, my HEMC is always plugged into net with a LAN cable. As soon as the download is available usually Saturday Early morning (2-3am UK Time), the download is downloaded and installed within a few minutes only.

+1

post #7907 of 7915 Unread 05-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7mad78 View Post
+1

+ 2
post #7908 of 7915 Unread 05-12-2017, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 5:

OK, I tried to download as you suggested from their ftp server. It is a zip file of almost 4.5GB. But when I try to extract the D-Box_HEMC_Update file, it asks me to enter a password for the encrypted file Am I doing something wrong here?

Last edited by Murat; 05-12-2017 at 08:46 AM.
post #7909 of 7915 Unread 05-12-2017, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
OK, I tried to download as you suggested from their ftp server. It is a zip file of almost 4.5GB. But when I try to extract the D-Box_HEMC_Update file, it asks me to enter a password for the encrypted file Am I doing something wrong here?
This should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualos View Post
I have mine working via USB update now. Ensure you download with Google Chrome so it doesn't get named a zip file or rename it using the command prompt (what I did).

It should be:

D-BOX_HEMC_Update.hemc_update not D-BOX_HEMC_Update.zip
CINERAMAX, Murat and qualos like this.
post #7910 of 7915 Unread 05-16-2017, 03:14 AM

Quote:
My HEMC in not permanently powered on. So in my case I leave it on after watching a movie and wait for the update, which is also during the week. As your HEMC is always on you can also not know how much time it took between D-Box issuing the download package and the actual start of the HEMC downloading process.

Am I right when I assume that technically it doesn't matter what time I turn on the HEMC? Or is it more reliable and quicker to have the HEMC powered on already in the moment the update is issued by D-Box?
post #7911 of 7915 Unread 05-16-2017, 03:39 AM

Quote:
My HEMC in not permanently powered on. So in my case I leave it on after watching a movie and wait for the update, which is also during the week. As your HEMC is always on you can also not know how much time it took between D-Box issuing the download package and the actual start of the HEMC downloading process.

Am I right when I assume that technically it doesn't matter what time I turn on the HEMC? Or is it more reliable and quicker to have the HEMC powered on already in the moment the update is issued by D-Box?
Unfortunately, as my dbox system is always on and always up to date automatically i am unable to answer this question for you as i don't know the answer.

It would be better for you to email dbox with the same question, I'm sure they can help you sort it out.

If i was you i would leave the dbox system on over the weekend when the updates generally occur from Friday night to saturday night (here in UK atleast). Times/Days may vary for your location.
post #7912 of 7915 Unread Yesterday, 10:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Consider using an Internet Downloader program that can open several ftp connections to the D-box server. That will speed up the download.
I am using Internet Download Manager & I open 32 concurrent connections to download d-box update. Takes me about 6mins to get the stuff downloaded. Another couple of mins to transfer to into the HEMC automaticDownload directory to kick start the update.

D-box throttles each connection to their server, I think per connection is about 180KB/s.

Just like you, my HEMC is off all the time. It only gets turned on when my HT gets powered up.

Hope this helps.

Quote:

thxman and Casi like this.
post #7913 of 7915 Unread Today, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PassionFun View Post
Consider using an Internet Downloader program that can open several ftp connections to the D-box server. That will speed up the download.
I am using Internet Download Manager & I open 32 concurrent connections to download d-box update. Takes me about 6mins to get the stuff downloaded. Another couple of mins to transfer to into the HEMC automaticDownload directory to kick start the update.

D-box throttles each connection to their server, I think per connection is about 180KB/s.

Just like you, my HEMC is off all the time. It only gets turned on when my HT gets powered up.

Hope this helps.
Thank you for your suggestion I only wonder because if the download rate offered by the D-Box server is that limited then theoretically everybody not using an Internet Downloader program would need hours downloading from the D-Box web site?!
post #7914 of 7915 Unread Today, 11:31 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Facebook message from d-box:

Hi,

Due to unforeseen events, we are forced to delay the launch of the Jukebox website.

The access to our library of motion codes will remain completely free until this has been sorted out. A landing page with more information will soon be accessible at that Web address.

We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
post #7915 of 7915 Unread Today, 12:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrcveen View Post
Facebook message from d-box:

Hi,

Due to unforeseen events, we are forced to delay the launch of the Jukebox website.

The access to our library of motion codes will remain completely free until this has been sorted out. A landing page with more information will soon be accessible at that Web address.

We’re very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Oh, you mean a private message to you. Not on their fb page

unOFFICIAL D-Box FAQ here!
unOFFICIAL D-Box HEMC FAQ here!
Hail to the King, baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)