For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 265 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 362Likes

post #7921 of 7948 Old 06-10-2017, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batiatus Rules View Post
I don't complain about speaker mark-ups because I know what's a high quality speaker and I know what's just flashy advertising trying to get me to spend thousands more for imperceptible readings on a sound meter. Plus there's competition in the speaker market and knowing the owner of an electronics retailer means I never pay retail. It's a stupid argument to try and make in defence of paying way too much for a box of mostly off-the-self components and some proprietary software that has 1 basic function and at that doesn't have the function (or even concern to add said function) or older models.

If you are talking about 100 grand into your home theatre alone then you are fortunate to have those sorts of funds available. However my 20k theatre (all in with 8 power leather recliners) does a bang-up job without needing to be uber rich and snotty about what I have. That's the difference here. The 1% who think their toys SHOULD be exclusive because of their high costs when the reality is those costs are insane when compared to what is far more reasonable in the true market.

D-Box seems to believe they SHOULD be an elitist product and that's why I'm not buying. Could I afford 50K? Sure. I could treat my entire extended family to a once-in-a-lifetime European vacation for 50k as well. Just because I "could" afford it doesn't mean I "want" to pay that. I'm not buying an insanely prices 4k projector either. When they chose to make 4k HDR with full 1080p passive 3D built in for around $2500 then I'll be interested. Until then I'm perfectly happy with 1080p content and the slight annoyances active 3D bring with my PTA-E8000. Being "state-of-the-art" is just fancy talk for "spending too much money so I can brag to others and make me feel powerful when they get envious".

50K for D-box or 50K for a new car. That's an easy choice for me to make. Just ask my wife. Actually, she'll probably say 50k of diamonds.
The guy who spent $3K on the controller was an early adapter for that unit, so of course paid a higher premium for his impatience. Last year D-Box had a special promotion sale of almost half that amount for their new D-Box controllers called the HEMC to get all existing users to switch to their newer controller.

Like yourself, we spent around $20K total or a tiny bit less for all our home theater items which include 8 d-box chairs & 2 d-box HEMC controllers plus every single gear listed on my AVS Forum signature. The best deals for D-Box equipment are from their reseller dealers who either close shop or goes out of business. Otherwise, you can also find okay prices from home users who are selling their used d-box products. I predict pretty soon plenty of folks will sell most of their d-box equipment once d-box implement that upcoming crippling firmware that renders the HEMC controller useless without an active subscription. In the short-run D-Box may a make couple bucks from those early adapters whom must have the latest of everything (even if it doesn't make sense to others), however in the long-term D-Box will see great sales loss for their hardware & new subscriptions.

Projector: Epson LS10000 + Elite Screens 135 Inch AVR: Yamaha RX-A3050 Media Players: Oppo 103D / Dune HD SOLO 4K NAS: Synology 3615xs (106TB) 7.2.4 Speakers: JTR Triple 8 (x3) (FL, FR, Center) / JTR Slanted 8 (x4) (SL, SR, SBL, SBR) / Polk Audio OWM3 (x4) (Front & Rear Heights) / Sony MDR-HW700DS Headphones (x4) / Rythmik FV15HP Powered Subwoofer (x2) / Crowson Shadow-8 Dual Motion Actuator (T108SS) (x4) + ButtKicker BKA1000-N Power Amplifier (x2) / Emotiva Amplifier/ D-Box System

Last edited by WiseOwlFinds; 06-10-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7922 of 7948 Old 06-11-2017, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Still sounds like they are (or have at least been planning) to continue with a poor business model that severely cripples any sort of adoption in the home market. As I stated before the prices, as described, are just insane.

There's no way those sorts of dollars translate to the movie theatre. Locally there are 5 theatres that have 2 screens each with 3 rows of D-Box 15-20 chairs. At $5000 per chair plus $5000 per house controller (not including additional cabling, power management etc) that's $230,000 to $300,000 per screen, or nearly a million dollars for each location. Most of the time I go to theatres is not opening weekend or weekends at all for that mater and there's maybe 10 D-box seats sold. The ticket premium is $5. At that price every D-Box seat would have to be sold out for 5 screenings every weekend for 18 months before the costs would just break even.

I don't have a problem paying "more" for something fancy and awesome like D-Box. But D-Box isn't a product that commands a price tag like Ferrari or Rolls Royce just because it's something fancy. Even my buy-in prices I've stated are still higher than I'd like to pay but the point at which I'm not feeling completely ripped off in paying. It just doesn't make sense to me to keep D-Box as such a super niche thing. I thought with that consumer survey thing they did they might learn there are people with some money to spend but not uber rich who'd like to buy in. 20k for the home theatre was fine and no issues even going up another 10k to add 6-8 D-box chairs but not 20K just to get 2 seats!

BTW, what sort of 8 chairs do you have? That's the other major issue I have is finding information about the chairs.

And is there a sort-able spreadsheet someplace that lists all the D-Box coded movies along with the date the code was released? I've spent a few hours updating some of the media in my library with D-Box tags but I'd like to find an easy way to keep up to date on the new releases, even if I'm not a D-Box owner yet.
post #7923 of 7948 Old 06-11-2017, 01:58 AM

For both, the pdf and spreadsheet of D-Box movies list go to the "Movies" tab of
http://www.d-box.com/entertainment/home-entertainment/

Then click "download the catalog here"

Projector: Epson LS10000 + Elite Screens 135 Inch AVR: Yamaha RX-A3050 Media Players: Oppo 103D / Dune HD SOLO 4K NAS: Synology 3615xs (106TB) 7.2.4 Speakers: JTR Triple 8 (x3) (FL, FR, Center) / JTR Slanted 8 (x4) (SL, SR, SBL, SBR) / Polk Audio OWM3 (x4) (Front & Rear Heights) / Sony MDR-HW700DS Headphones (x4) / Rythmik FV15HP Powered Subwoofer (x2) / Crowson Shadow-8 Dual Motion Actuator (T108SS) (x4) + ButtKicker BKA1000-N Power Amplifier (x2) / Emotiva Amplifier/ D-Box System

post #7924 of 7948 Old 06-11-2017, 02:09 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Unfortunately that spreadsheet is horribly formatted. Guess I need to just stay on top of checking the website for their new/coming releases.

Gone through 30% of my media library and already found 522 D-Box coded movies and 2 TV shows. Wish the price to get in wasn't so crazy!

Also curious, how quickly do the release codes for new movie releases? For movies that had D-Box in theatres is it the same as release dates or is there some additional delay?

Last edited by Batiatus Rules; 06-11-2017 at 02:15 AM.
post #7925 of 7948 Old 06-11-2017, 03:31 AM

Quote:
Still sounds like they are (or have at least been planning) to continue with a poor business model that severely cripples any sort of adoption in the home market. As I stated before the prices, as described, are just insane.

There's no way those sorts of dollars translate to the movie theatre. Locally there are 5 theatres that have 2 screens each with 3 rows of D-Box 15-20 chairs. At $5000 per chair plus $5000 per house controller (not including additional cabling, power management etc) that's $230,000 to $300,000 per screen, or nearly a million dollars for each location. Most of the time I go to theatres is not opening weekend or weekends at all for that mater and there's maybe 10 D-box seats sold. The ticket premium is $5. At that price every D-Box seat would have to be sold out for 5 screenings every weekend for 18 months before the costs would just break even.

I don't have a problem paying "more" for something fancy and awesome like D-Box. But D-Box isn't a product that commands a price tag like Ferrari or Rolls Royce just because it's something fancy. Even my buy-in prices I've stated are still higher than I'd like to pay but the point at which I'm not feeling completely ripped off in paying. It just doesn't make sense to me to keep D-Box as such a super niche thing. I thought with that consumer survey thing they did they might learn there are people with some money to spend but not uber rich who'd like to buy in. 20k for the home theatre was fine and no issues even going up another 10k to add 6-8 D-box chairs but not 20K just to get 2 seats!

BTW, what sort of 8 chairs do you have? That's the other major issue I have is finding information about the chairs.

And is there a sort-able spreadsheet someplace that lists all the D-Box coded movies along with the date the code was released? I've spent a few hours updating some of the media in my library with D-Box tags but I'd like to find an easy way to keep up to date on the new releases, even if I'm not a D-Box owner yet.
Yes, you're right that you are not their target client for their products...neither am I. Sharing my numbers was not to brag but to give you hope. It took me almost two years to finally purchase all the components for our D-Box system. This meant I first bought an HDMI audio extractor a for a D-Box HEMC controller that wasn't acquired until 18 months later. Followed by receiving an old discontinued (but functioning fine) Series-IV D-box controller as a gift from my buddy Peter who at the time recently upgraded to the newer version, several long months before we even had any D-Box motions chairs to connect it on to. At the end of the journey, it was all worth it. D-Box adds a fourth dimension immersion to films, that once you experience it...it's hard to enjoy contents without. By the way, D-Box motion at home with recliner chairs are way better than the movie theater d-box version seats because your feets are evaluated from the unmoving static ground.

The 8 chairs are custom built D-Box recliners which compose of:
A) 4 chairs that have four actuators on each and these chairs are used for movies, the recommended amount of actuators per chairs is three.
B) The other 4 chairs only have 2 pairs of actuators each and these are our gaming chairs for D-Box games and a few VR games supported by D-Box motion.
C) 1 unused brand new HEMC still in its sealed box, we only need one of the two HEMC for our four main movie chairs.
thxman likes this.

post #7926 of 7948 Old 06-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
I don't complain about speaker mark-ups because I know what's a high quality speaker and I know what's just flashy advertising trying to get me to spend thousands more for imperceptible readings on a sound meter. Plus there's competition in the speaker market and knowing the owner of an electronics retailer means I never pay retail. It's a stupid argument to try and make in defence of paying way too much for a box of mostly off-the-self components and some proprietary software that has 1 basic function and at that doesn't have the function (or even concern to add said function) or older models.

If you are talking about 100 grand into your home theatre alone then you are fortunate to have those sorts of funds available. However my 20k theatre (all in with 8 power leather recliners) does a bang-up job without needing to be uber rich and snotty about what I have. That's the difference here. The 1% who think their toys SHOULD be exclusive because of their high costs when the reality is those costs are insane when compared to what is far more reasonable in the true market.

D-Box seems to believe they SHOULD be an elitist product and that's why I'm not buying. Could I afford 50K? Sure. I could treat my entire extended family to a once-in-a-lifetime European vacation for 50k as well. Just because I "could" afford it doesn't mean I "want" to pay that. I'm not buying an insanely prices 4k projector either. When they chose to make 4k HDR with full 1080p passive 3D built in for around $2500 then I'll be interested. Until then I'm perfectly happy with 1080p content and the slight annoyances active 3D bring with my PTA-E8000. Being "state-of-the-art" is just fancy talk for "spending too much money so I can brag to others and make me feel powerful when they get envious".

50K for D-box or 50K for a new car. That's an easy choice for me to make. Just ask my wife. Actually, she'll probably say 50k of diamonds.
I made exactly this same choose myself last year, for me also it was an easy choice to make but the exact opposite of what your choosing

I spend about 30k on my dbox last year and i chose this over buying a new car, it was an easy decision for me because i use my home cinema room every single day!! Yes i dont watch a dbox movie every day, more like once every one or two weeks, however i still use the seats everyday. How often do i use my car? Not as often as i use my cinema room. Hence i didnt have much difficulty in choosing which was better for me
thxman likes this.
post #7927 of 7948 Old 06-11-2017, 12:13 PM

A couple of you have mentioned now comparisons between home DBox and cinema Dbox. That was true last year but not anymore, the new cinema seats in the 4DX cinemas are a dozen times better then what they had earlier, the new seats have a small recline but most importantly, they have a foot rest attached to the seat so that you get the full immersion and dont just have feet dangling.

Also the new seats have much better actuators and motors that run the seats movement, in fact when i first demoed these in Dec 2016, i was very shocked and also very dissapointed with my seats that i got from dbox only 2 months prior to this. The DBOX actuators that we have at home do not even begin to compare to the new DBOX systems that they have been installing in UK cinemas since Dec 2016! Those are pretty insane, they have crazy movement and you actually feel sometimes that you need a seatbelt, whereas the ones i have at home sometimes i cant even tell if its on as the movement is very limited, mind you its still good though but once youve demoed the new units in cinema the home ones dont compare!

I even emailed dbox to ask them about this, but i never really got a response back as to what was different and if those new ones are available for home yet.

-----------------------------

Lastly, some of you have mentioned that there is dbox compatible with VR? How does this work and where i can find more information about it? Cause i have Dbox, gaming PC, and Oculus Rift/HTC Vive/PSVR, but ive never come across this before with dbox.
post #7928 of 7948 Old 06-11-2017, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nads View Post

Lastly, some of you have mentioned that there is dbox compatible with VR? How does this work and where i can find more information about it? Cause i have Dbox, gaming PC, and Oculus Rift/HTC Vive/PSVR, but ive never come across this before with dbox.

D-Box gaming is ONLY available for Windows PC Games (no video game consoles). For D-Box games the only components required to set up this system is a Windows computer and a KAI-1P to connect your dBox chair to the PC via USB. Now please keep in mind that the word "D-Box games" is a little misleading since 99% of all supported dbox titles are actually simulators (A.K.A. sims). There are maybe at most 3 so call real traditional video games (Battlefield 2 [FPS], Crysis Warhead [FPS], & Trackmania Turbo [Arcade Racer]) in their whole list out of the 75 titles, the rest of them are sims with the great major being off the racing variety type. Hence, it's highly recommended to have a Steering Wheel with force feedback, brake pedals, and wheel stand (links of reviews of the best ones included here):
http://simracingpaddock.com/pc-sim-wheel-buyers-guide/
http://www.teamshmo.com/more/reviews...-wheel-stands/

Note: For my D-Box gaming setup I use a "Thrustmaster VG T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition Racing Wheel for PS4, PS3 and PC" and a "GT Omega Wheel Stand".

A complete list of D-Box games can be found by going to the "Downloads" tab of the following link:
(DO NOT USE the D-BOX "Supported Gaming" tab because it's an outdated uncompleted list)
http://www.d-box.com/entertainment/g...entertainment/

Here's a narrow down list of just the VR games that has D-Box motion (broken up in their perspective category)...

======

Racing Simulator:
Project C.A.R.S.
DiRT Rally
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
Live For Speed
RaceRoom Racing Experience (Free to Play, but the DLC for extras cars & tracks makes this one very expensive compared to the other sims)
iRacing (warning: paid membership subscription required to play)

Kart Racing Pro (Coming Soon for VR Support via Steam...however currently D-Box motion is only available on their older beta13b version)
http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/krp-beta13b.exe
We need to please ask D-Box to update their software to the latest version of Kart Racing Pro.

======

Driving Simulator:
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (VR is currently only supported in the Beta Branch version)
American Truck Simulator (VR is currently only supported in the Beta Branch version)

=======

Arcade Racing Game:
Trackmania Turbo (GamePad Controller Only...No Steering Wheel & Pedals support)

======

Roller Coaster Simulator:
NoLimits Roller Coaster 2 (This is the only D-Box title I had the adjust the settings to a higher level/gain to get noticeable lifelike motion)

======

Flight Simulator:
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (A.K.A. Prepar3D...has native VR support)
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/Learni..._overview.html

X-Plane (Needs "FlyInside XP Pro" to enable VR)
Flight Simulator X (Needs "FlyInside FSX Pro" to enable VR)
https://flyinside-fsx.com/

======

Combat Simulator:
DCS World (Needs the DLCs of A-10C for DBox support)
DCS Black Shark (VR was supported on Oculus Rift DK2...not sure if it's still compatible with the modern Oculus Rift CV1)

======

The Best D-Motion game with VR to demo to guests is American Truck Simulator ( or Euro Truck Simulator 2 if you like to drive on the wrong side of the road) because with a force feedback steering wheel plus brake pedals it actually feels like you are driving a real large 18 wheeler truck. D-Box motion is very important when using a VR headset like a Vive or Rift on a locomotion sim/game so guests will not experience motion sickness due to the brain being fooled into thinking that the experience is real and not a game.

"Trackmania Turbo" and "NoLimits Roller Coaster 2" are also two other great fun dBox games with VR to show off to guests.

How to set up your DBOX chairs for D-Box support games:
1. Download "D-BOX Motion Player Software Disc"
2. Install the software and connect the USB of KAI-1P to PC when prompt to do so.
3. Download & install the motion codes for the individual games you want.
4. Launch the game via D-BOX Motion Player program or in some cases directly from Steam app/game exec file.
5. Enjoy the awesome D-Box gaming experience that in a few games hands-down beats the motion from d-box movies.

TIP: In some instances when dealing with older titles, D-Box motion is only supported on the older 32-bit version of the game, not yet the newer/latest 64-bit version...so keep that in mind when running some of these older games.
Killer_Nads likes this.

Last edited by WiseOwlFinds; 06-13-2017 at 11:58 AM.
post #7929 of 7948 Old 06-12-2017, 01:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 554 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Quote:
A couple of you have mentioned now comparisons between home DBox and cinema Dbox. That was true last year but not anymore, the new cinema seats in the 4DX cinemas are a dozen times better then what they had earlier, the new seats have a small recline but most importantly, they have a foot rest attached to the seat so that you get the full immersion and dont just have feet dangling.
4DX is not D-Box, it is a competitor. The new D-Box recliners still use 1.5" actuators.
WiseOwlFinds likes this.
post #7930 of 7948 Old 06-12-2017, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
4DX is not D-Box, it is a competitor. The new D-Box recliners still use 1.5" actuators.
Haha, thanks for clarifying that. Now we know why he never got a proper response back from D-Box about the difference.

thxman and stevegamble like this.

Last edited by WiseOwlFinds; 06-12-2017 at 01:13 AM.
post #7931 of 7948 Old 06-12-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
Oh is it!! I had no idea, i thought 4DX just used DBOX seats but enhanced it with other factors...

This might also explain actually why DBOX is very slow with bringing movies out for home from cinema. because the majority of all the big cinema releases are already in 4DX. Every week i see a new 4DX movie advertised at my cinema. When it was only DBOX a movie only used to release after every few weeks or sometimes longer.

I have to say though that the 4DX actuators are so much better then the DBOX ones, they are probably 3" or something?!?
post #7932 of 7948 Old 06-12-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseOwlFinds View Post
D-Box gaming is ONLY available for Windows PC Games (no video game console). For D-Box games the only components required to setup this system is a Windows computer and a KAI-1P to connect your dBox chair to the PC via USB. Now please keep in mind that the word "D-Box games" is misleading because 99% of all supported dbox titles are actually simulators (A.K.A. sims). There are maybe 3 so call real traditional video games in the whole list out of the 75 titles, the rest of them are sims with the great major being off the racing vary. Hence, it's highly recommended to have a Steering Wheel with force feedback, brake pedals, and wheel stand (links of reviews of the best ones included here):
http://simracingpaddock.com/pc-sim-wheel-buyers-guide/
http://www.teamshmo.com/more/reviews...-wheel-stands/

Note: For my D-Box gaming setup I use a "Thrustmaster VG T300 Ferrari Alcantara Edition Racing Wheel for PS4, PS3 and PC" and a "GT Omega Wheel Stand".

A complete list of D-Box games can be found by going to the "Downloads" tab of the following link:
(DO NOT USE the D-BOX "Supported Gaming" tab because it's an outdated uncompleted list)
http://www.d-box.com/entertainment/g...entertainment/

Here's a narrow down list of just the VR games that has D-Box motion (broken up in their perspective category)...

======

Racing Simulator:
Project C.A.R.S.
DiRT Rally
Assetto Corsa
rFactor 2
iRacing (warning: paid membership subscription required to play)

Kart Racing Pro (Coming Soon for VR Support via Steam...however currently D-Box motion is only available on their older beta13b version)
http://www.kartracing-pro.com/downloads/krp-beta13b.exe
We need to please ask D-Box to update their software to the latest version of Kart Racing Pro.

======

Driving Simulator:
Euro Truck Simulator 2 (VR is currently only supported in the Beta Branch version)
American Truck Simulator (VR is currently only supported in the Beta Branch version)

=======

Arcade Racing Game:
Trackmania Turbo (GamePad Controller Only...No Steering Wheel & Pedals support)

======

Roller Coaster Simulator:
NoLimits Roller Coaster 2

======

Flight Simulator:
Lockheed Martin Prepar3D (A.K.A. Prepar3D...has native VR support)
http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/Learni..._overview.html

X-Plane (Needs "FlyInside XP Pro" to enable VR)
Flight Simulator X (Needs "FlyInside FSX Pro" to enable VR)
https://flyinside-fsx.com/

======

Combat Simulator:
DCS World (Needs the DLCs of A-10C for DBox support)
DCS Black Shark (VR was supported on Oculus Rift DK2...not sure if it's still compatible with the modern Oculus Rift CV1)

======

First-person shooter (FPS):
Battlefield 2
Crysis Warhead

======

The Best D-Motion game to demo to a guest is American Truck Simulator ( or Euro Truck Simulator 2 if you like to drive on the wrong side of the road) because with a force feedback steering wheel plus brake pedals it actually feels like you are driving a real large 18 wheeler truck. D-Box motion is very important when using a VR headset like a Vive or Rift on a locomotion sim/game so guests will not experience motion sickness.

Also, great fun dBox games to show off to guests are "Trackmania Turbo" and "Battlefield 2".

How to set up your DBOX chairs for D-Box support games:
1. Download "D-BOX Motion Player Software Disc"
2. Install the software and connect the USB of KAI-1P to PC when prompt to do so.
3. Download & install the motion codes for the individual games you want.
4. Launch the game via D-BOX Motion Player program or in some cases directly from Steam app/exe file.
5. Enjoy the awesome D-Box experience that in a few games beats the motion from movies.

TIP: In some instances when dealing with older titles, D-Box motion is only supported on the older 32-bit version of the game, not yet the newer/latest 64-bit version...so keep that in mind when running some of these older games.
Thank you for the very detailed response. I shall hopefully give this a go soon, although i do wish they would support some of the newer VR games.
post #7933 of 7948 Old 06-13-2017, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 476 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Quote:
Oh is it!! I had no idea, i thought 4DX just used DBOX seats but enhanced it with other factors...

This might also explain actually why DBOX is very slow with bringing movies out for home from cinema. because the majority of all the big cinema releases are already in 4DX. Every week i see a new 4DX movie advertised at my cinema. When it was only DBOX a movie only used to release after every few weeks or sometimes longer.

I have to say though that the 4DX actuators are so much better then the DBOX ones, they are probably 3" or something?!?
If 4DX is getting more releases than D-BOX, its only been very recently. I haven't done a comparison of "exclusive" releases on one or the other, but 4DX is very new to the party versus D-BOX. What specific "big" movies have had a huge delay coming to home? I mean, before the mess with the upgrade transition.

Matt
post #7934 of 7948 Old 06-14-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by turls View Post
Quote:

If 4DX is getting more releases than D-BOX, its only been very recently. I haven't done a comparison of "exclusive" releases on one or the other, but 4DX is very new to the party versus D-BOX. What specific "big" movies have had a huge delay coming to home? I mean, before the mess with the upgrade transition.
In terms of cinema releases dbox is way behind. 4DX has every big movie come every week to it, one film only ever gets to stay in 4DX on average for one week or sometimes a max of two in the rare occasion. Whereas in dbox the movies stay the same for a much longer period of time.

In terms of home dbox is also pretty slow, there have been numerous films which have taken over a year to come such as Revenant, Finding Dory (these are the two that came from the top of my head)! Even for new bluray releases at a minimum we have to wait atleast 2 weeks after release, sometimes it's even hard to tell if it's coming to dbox at all and I end up watching the film without it after waiting 2 weeks and only to find out that dbox update for the film is coming out the week after ?

I think that's the biggest problem, cause we don't know the forthcoming schedule and if a film will eventually release or not.

There's still many recent films that haven't released such as Patriots Day, Live By Night, Allied, Hacksaw Ridge to name a few.

Then there's all the recent issues where the website says a film has released such as Logan but I still don't get the update ? I've even tried resetting the box and the app shows an update yet the films database stays the same as the previous few weeks. I didn't have any update issues before May, only since then I'm not receiving my weekly auto update anymore that used to occur Saturday mornings UK GMT time.

Even the website for the past two weeks has not shown any updates, it still has beauty and the beast displayed for release. Was really hoping to recieve John Wick 2 if not last week then atleast this week but that doesn't look like it's coming anytime soon!
post #7935 of 7948 Old 06-14-2017, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Honestly, I do not understand the delay in getting the movies already coded in DBox at the Cinema for home use. There are sites like VUDU where you can purchase the movie before the general release...

Originally, they were the only game in town, so we had to live with the poor service, but hopefully as more players enter the market things pick up and they start to be more responsive. Otherwise, they will find themselves in trouble.

The water spray in 4DX is a little over the top. I saw some video's, the spray about blows your head off, would get all over your popcorn. Dunno if I would like that or not.

Sony VW5000 | Stewart 156" Ultramat 150
Datasat RS20i | 3 x MC601 | 1 x MC205 | Oppo 105 | Lumagen Radiance Pro
B&W 800 / HTM 2 Diamonds | 4 x Paradigm ADP3 | 2 x Fathom F212 | 4 x ML Vanquish
D-Box HEMC & 2 x SRP 330 platforms | Synology DS3615xs 12x6TB drives
post #7936 of 7948 Old 06-14-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tspotorno View Post
Honestly, I do not understand the delay in getting the movies already coded in DBox at the Cinema for home use. There are sites like VUDU where you can purchase the movie before the general release...

Originally, they were the only game in town, so we had to live with the poor service, but hopefully as more players enter the market things pick up and they start to be more responsive. Otherwise, they will find themselves in trouble.

The water spray in 4DX is a little over the top. I saw some video's, the spray about blows your head off, would get all over your popcorn. Dunno if I would like that or not.
Its actually not that bad at all. Maybe they overblown it in the trailers, but to be honest i watched a few movies in 4dx. Water was never more then a few squirts, it would only really get your 3D glasses wet, thats it and probably a few drops across your face which is where its aimed at from the front seat. What is good though is that the seats have a button to turn water off completly.
post #7937 of 7948 Old 06-16-2017, 07:36 PM

Hey Guys,

Has anyone had any new updates on there dbox system over the past few weeks? Mine hasnt updated for a while now!!

I still dont have LOGAN on mine, has anyone recieved this yet?

I even tried restarting my box a few times, and every time i did, after i checked the new iphone app and it shows Last Motion Code Update date to be the new current date of when i resetted the system and i guess it did an update, however also checked the HEMC Software Version, it always stays the same on 1.0.0.9927!!! Are others also seeing this same problem?

thanks.
post #7938 of 7948 Old 06-16-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Hey Guys,

Has anyone had any new updates on there dbox system over the past few weeks? Mine hasnt updated for a while now!!

I still dont have LOGAN on mine, has anyone recieved this yet?

I even tried restarting my box a few times, and every time i did, after i checked the new iphone app and it shows Last Motion Code Update date to be the new current date of when i resetted the system and i guess it did an update, however also checked the HEMC Software Version, it always stays the same on 1.0.0.9927!!! Are others also seeing this same problem?

thanks.
There's were no D-Box motion codes released last week...Logan was the most recent ones until today. Your HEMC is probably still in queue to download today's releases or currently in the downloading progress as we speak (sometimes more than 5 hours long to complete). That's why it's quicker to manually download the update and start the process yourself.

post #7939 of 7948 Old 06-16-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
There's were no D-Box motion codes released last week...Logan was the most recent ones until today. Your HEMC is probably still in queue to download today's releases or currently in the downloading progress as we speak (sometimes more than 5 hours long to complete). That's why it's quicker to manually download the update and start the process yourself.
Yeh but i still havent received Logan?! That was release last week right? Its wierd cause in the app the system shows its been updated but the version still is staying the same.

I have a pretty fast connection here in UK, 65mbs. Usually the updates used to download and install themselves in less then 30mins. But now i have to manually reset the dbox system everytime and still not be guaranteed about an update will have been processed.

I think the last time i had an update was when the Resident Evil The Final Chapter released, after that i dont think ive recieved anything new.
post #7940 of 7948 Old 06-16-2017, 08:33 PM

Thumbs up What actually happens VS What was perceived to had happened

Quote:
Yeh but i still havent received Logan?! That was release last week right? Its wierd cause in the app the system shows its been updated but the version still is staying the same.

I have a pretty fast connection here in UK, 65mbs. Usually the updates used to download and install themselves in less then 30mins. But now i have to manually reset the dbox system everytime and still not be guaranteed about an update will have been processed.

I think the last time i had an update was when the Resident Evil The Final Chapter released, after that i dont think ive recieved anything new.
Logan's code came out two weeks ago. Hopefully, there was not an error that happened during your last update (such as power failure, lost in Internet connection, or whatever)...if so you going to have to contact D-Box support so they can manually remote access into your HEMC to restart the whole download process for you but this time to be done correctly. Another option the D-Box support team will give you is to just manually download the update file on your own to a USB thumb drive formatted as NTFS and start the process manually yourself by placing that USB drive onto the front USB port of your HEMC.

I reside in the USA so we have a much better connection to the D-Box's Canada servers (compare to others living outside of North America) plus my Internet home speed is 150Mbps which is more than double your 65Mbps connection. Because I had the personal experience of having a D-Box tech remote access my HEMC once to restart the whole download process, I actually timed the whole thing from start to end (which would be almost impossible to do unless you are monitoring that HEMC phone/Windows app all 24 hours that day). The 30 minutes time that you quoted is the downloaded code installation part that is indicated by your chairs calibrating (going up & down) after the download was already finished which the actual initial download started serval hours ago without your knowledge followed by afterwards the chairs entering in a standby mode (disengaging the feets to a downward position) and then turning it back on (re-engaging the feets to a neutral position).

Last edited by WiseOwlFinds; 06-16-2017 at 09:50 PM.
post #7941 of 7948 Old 06-17-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Logan's code came out two weeks ago. Hopefully, there was not an error that happened during your last update (such as power failure, lost in Internet connection, or whatever)...if so you going to have to contact D-Box support so they can manually remote access into your HEMC to restart the whole download process for you but this time to be done correctly. Another option the D-Box support team will give you is to just manually download the update file on your own to a USB thumb drive formatted as NTFS and start the process manually yourself by placing that USB drive onto the front USB port of your HEMC.

I reside in the USA so we have a much better connection to the D-Box's Canada servers (compare to others living outside of North America) plus my Internet home speed is 150Mbps which is more than double your 65Mbps connection. Because I had the personal experience of having a D-Box tech remote access my HEMC once to restart the whole download process, I actually timed the whole thing from start to end (which would be almost impossible to do unless you are monitoring that HEMC phone/Windows app all 24 hours that day). The 30 minutes time that you quoted is the downloaded code installation part that is indicated by your chairs calibrating (going up & down) after the download was already finished which the actual initial download started serval hours ago without your knowledge followed by afterwards the chairs entering in a standby mode (disengaging the feets to a downward position) and then turning it back on (re-engaging the feets to a neutral position).
Okay thank you I have sent them an email.
post #7942 of 7948 Old 06-17-2017, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

We watched Beauty and the Beast last night. Very strange MFX. The motion was often way too intense, not aligning well to the action it represented. Anyone else think this way on this title?
post #7943 of 7948 Old 06-21-2017, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

https://jukebox.d-box.com/ is up and apparently you will need to sign up before June 27th when the HEMC will be updated.
post #7944 of 7948 Old 06-22-2017, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well I am confused. I have registered but where do I enter my credentials as they note in their App intro? I cant find it anywhere.

"Once done, simply enter your credentials inside the app to pair the selected HEMC to your Jukebox account"

I have also sent support an email asking them if I cant do updates before (I had to download via USB and over a 4 hour download for 3.8GB) how will the HEMC do a 10GB update. They need to provide zip file and preferably on a download server such as dropbox, their server is painfully slow.
post #7945 of 7948 Old Today, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Promo-code?

As the fill in form on the Jukebox site has a field for a promo code, I was wondering whether there is one already... Does anybody know of one that would help here?
post #7946 of 7948 Old Today, 04:49 AM

Really annoyed with dbox, I have only had my seats for 6months or so and I was promised one year free subscription as you get with all new purchases.

But now this jukebox service has come into play and messed things up. What about my remaining 6 months??

I've contacted dbox via email a few times but still no answer! And now there is only 2 days left before I guess all my old codes get removed also!! ?
drvais likes this.
post #7947 of 7948 Old Today, 12:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Really annoyed with dbox, I have only had my seats for 6months or so and I was promised one year free subscription as you get with all new purchases.

But now this jukebox service has come into play and messed things up. What about my remaining 6 months??

I've contacted dbox via email a few times but still no answer! And now there is only 2 days left before I guess all my old codes get removed also!! ?
Call them tomorrow (Monday ET). I saw something on jukebox that mentioned porting over current subs, but can't find it now. I would not wait on an email, personally.
post #7948 of 7948 Old Today, 01:24 PM

Ok thank you. I'm based in Uk though but I will try and call them tomorow, I think they are based in Canada right?

Has anyone had this weeks update yet which was supposed to include John Wick 2??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page