For all D-Box enthusiasts ! - Page 267 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 377Likes

post #7981 of 8000 Old 08-07-2017, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Mine are not even a year old, i dont know about how the laws are in USA/Canada, but in UK usually if your still in your first year of buying a product and it fails, you get a like for like brand new replacement not a repair!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7982 of 8000 Old 08-07-2017, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nads View Post
OMG! $400?!?!? Was that including the shipping or just the repair work?

That was just for the repair. Looking back at the email traffic, they also offered me to either buy a new actuator or get this one repaired. I think shipping cost me about $70.

unOFFICIAL D-Box FAQ here!
unOFFICIAL D-Box HEMC FAQ here!
Hail to the King, baby!
post #7983 of 8000 Old 08-07-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
That was just for the repair. Looking back at the email traffic, they also offered me to either buy a new actuator or get this one repaired. I think shipping cost me about $70.
Thats what really pissed me off when they responded to me the first time, they said i can get it repaired or just buy a new one!! Why the hell would they even ask me to buy a new one if the one i got is not even past its 1st year!!!

Now they are looking into it and im waiting on there response.

post #7984 of 8000 Old 08-07-2017, 08:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thats what really pissed me off when they responded to me the first time, they said i can get it repaired or just buy a new one!! Why the hell would they even ask me to buy a new one if the one i got is not even past its 1st year!!!

Now they are looking into it and im waiting on there response.

I wish I could direct you to a good point of contact there, but unfortunately their turnover is so high I can't keep up.

Hail to the King, baby!
post #7985 of 8000 Old 08-07-2017, 02:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 64
D-Box doesn't seem to be ran very well. This is another reason why I never "upgraded" to the HEMC.

Chet
post #7986 of 8000 Old 08-10-2017, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by thxman View Post
I imagine I will have watched it by this weekend and will report back afterwards.
@thxman
So did you manage to watch the movie and check the motion codes in the meantime?
post #7987 of 8000 Old 08-10-2017, 02:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 572 Post(s)
Liked: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandel View Post
@thxman
So did you manage to watch the movie and check the motion codes in the meantime?
I ended watching it last night. About an hour+ in, the sync is all off. You will move with no action and be still when the action occurs.
post #7988 of 8000 Old 08-10-2017, 09:16 PM

Quote:
You will move with no action and be still when the action occurs.
Thanks for checking. It seems you experienced the same issues I did.
The only explanation I could think of would be that there are different versions of this film out there... Is anybody aware of other versions of this film?
post #7989 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 06:57 AM

Unhappy

This company is a fraud! I would highly recommend every one to stay FAR FAR AWAY from DBOX as possible.

Never would i have thought that such a big company would commit such petty crimes!

Ive now realised why my DBOX seat has stopped working so quickly even though i thought it was new, apparently they have only just now told me that the system i purchased was a Refurbished Kit!?!?! WTF! I payed for a brand new kit and they gave me a refurbished kit, cant believe this! Not once did they mention this. That too they only told me because i told them that if a new kit fails so quickly then it should be replaced with a new kit and not repaired.

Im going to report these guys to law enforcement and file a case against them of fraud, if they cant sort this stuff out for me asap. If anyone has any advice on how to proceed please can you Direct Message me. I spent all my savings on these seats, and I've had nothing but a bad experience since the deal started.
post #7990 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ive now realised why my DBOX seat has stopped working so quickly even though i thought it was new, apparently they have only just now told me that the system i purchased was a Refurbished Kit!
They sold directly to you or did you buy from somewhere else?
post #7991 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 07:03 AM

Quote:
They sold directly to you or did you buy from somewhere else?
I purchased from the owner of VisionHD, who was bought out by DBOX and closed the company. He's currently working there his name is Stephane Fortier, and he's a huge thief and fraud.

Something is fishy between DBOX and Stephane, its like they setup this fraud and it was all planned out!
post #7992 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hail to the King, baby!
post #7993 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 07:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I purchased from the owner of VisionHD, who was bought out by DBOX and closed the company. He's currently working there his name is Stephane Fortier, and he's a huge thief and fraud.

Something is fishy between DBOX and Stephane, its like they setup this fraud and it was all planned out!
I wonder if that was the difference with their "C" kits vs. "I". E.g. 3250i vs 3250c. I don't think I ever saw the C kits sold outside of VisionHD and they were substantially cheaper than the I kits with identical specs.
post #7994 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
I wonder if that was the difference with their "C" kits vs. "I". E.g. 3250i vs 3250c. I don't think I ever saw the C kits sold outside of VisionHD and they were substantially cheaper than the I kits with identical specs.
Who knows! But this guy Stephane should be behind bars, in jail, i cant believe he is still allowed to roam around freely!

One thing though i must add is Mario from Jaymar (seats manufacturer) and Christine from DBOX have always been very helpful and have always tried to help.

I spoke with Mario just now (he's such a great and helpful guy!) and he's promised to speak with them directly and try to get something sorted out for me.

So lets see.
post #7995 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Who knows! But this guy Stephane should be behind bars, in jail, i cant believe he is still allowed to roam around freely!

One thing though i must add is Mario from Jaymar (seats manufacturer) and Christine from DBOX have always been very helpful and have always tried to help.

I spoke with Mario just now (he's such a great and helpful guy!) and he's promised to speak with them directly and try to get something sorted out for me.

So lets see.

Doubt he'll get jail for such a thing (Canada just PAID a terrorist millions for his hurt feelings), but I can understand your frustration.

Hail to the King, baby!
post #7996 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Mario is great and he used to work for D-Box. I really am sorry you have to deal with this and hope it gets resolved soon.

For the handful of us here with D-Box, I have only seen a few cases where actuators failed. They do seem to be well built but there will be failures, especially when you consider the force these things go through.
post #7997 of 8000 Old 08-11-2017, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvais View Post
Doubt he'll get jail for such a thing (Canada just PAID a terrorist millions for his hurt feelings), but I can understand your frustration.
What i just cant understand, is why a company such as DBOX would hire someone so treacherous, deceiving, cunning, thief and fraud. I even warned them multiple times about this guy, he was actually even going to take my money and run, its only cause i got in direct contact with both Mario (Jaymar) and Dbox months after my purchase when nothing was happening. That is only when things started to get a move on.
post #7998 of 8000 Old 08-12-2017, 11:42 PM

I've just received this reply from D-BOX regarding the out-of-sync Kong:Skull Island codes:

"Our Motion Designers were told about this problem and are currently working on it.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will make sure to keep you posted once the code is confirmed as fully functional."

thxman, Dirk44 and Killer_Nads like this.
post #7999 of 8000 Old 08-13-2017, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandel View Post
I've just received this reply from D-BOX regarding the out-of-sync Kong:Skull Island codes:

"Our Motion Designers were told about this problem and are currently working on it.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will make sure to keep you posted once the code is confirmed as fully functional."

Thanks!
Sandel likes this.
post #8000 of 8000 Old 08-14-2017, 07:15 AM

okay so the latest is that they are telling me that the 3 actuators i have on the single sofa are new but the 4 actuators that i have on the love seat are refurbished! Thanks to Mario (from Jaymar - amazingly helpful guy), he was willing to take the actuator back on his own expenses!! But then DBOX agreed to take it back and send me a new one. I asked them if it was going to be a new new one or another refurbished one, to which they didn't reply back!

The actuator was a pain to remove from the extremely heavy love seat. Only just managed it even with 4 of us there. We just couldn't get the PCS Board box to screw back in without turning the sofa all the way to its side and to have gravity help us, but we couldn't turn it due to all the cables etc going to the floor, and we were afraid of damaging them too. So considering we would need to remove the PCS box when the new actuator comes anyway, we just left it dangling for now inside the arm of the seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page