Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post

Priorities!!! Bachelor pad first....

Best I can come up with is love seat in middle and two chairs on each side... I could just swap the love seat and chair positions on occasion, but I suppose that would be a pain (always want to sit in middle).

Well it's not that bad you see our demo room has a loveseat in the middle and singles on each sides and it's really good. When the movie starts you get into it and don't think about all of this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 6575 Old 04-27-2007, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Yannick, is "Night at the Museum" in the pipeline? I want to pick it up on Blu-Ray, and it looks like it would be fun with the codes.

Phil
post #183 of 6575 Old 04-29-2007, 08:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post

Yannick, is "Night at the Museum" in the pipeline? I want to pick it up on Blu-Ray, and it looks like it would be fun with the codes.

Good questions it's not on the upcoming list but I'll find out! Oh! and we have a suprise for you and some other... I'll keep the suspense 'til we release it.
post #184 of 6575 Old 04-29-2007, 09:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Tease

Phil
post #185 of 6575 Old 04-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Advanced Member

The biggest suprise would be codes for HDDVD and/or synching with HD Audio codecs, anything else won't count
post #186 of 6575 Old 04-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murat View Post

The biggest suprise would be codes for HDDVD and/or synching with HD Audio codecs, anything else won't count

Well your asking for a lot! it's just a tiny tease I'm doing right now
post #187 of 6575 Old 05-06-2007, 07:30 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:

OK, I finally got the BR upgrade and have my D-Box operating very nicely with BR titles (Thanks Yannick)

I quickly tried a few BR titles with different audio codecs and confirm that it works just fine with DD and DTS tracks, but no luck with LPCM tracks. However, I found a way to get the DTS-HD MA tracks work with D-Box. What I did is, I get the DTS-HD MA from analog outputs of the BR player (Panasonic BD10) to my AVP and I also run an optical cable to the AVP then another one from AVP optical output to the controller. When I choose DTS-HD MA track on the disc, the player also sends a regular or down converted DTS signal from its optical output, so D-Box is synched when watching a movie with DTS-HD MA lossless track

Murat, what Bluray player do you have? I wonder if they will all output from both SPDIF and analog outputs without the need to select the particular audio track.

Mark

Nevermind: Saw you have the Panny.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #188 of 6575 Old 05-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Advanced Member

Well they have posted it! I thought they would have kept the secret...
Title

Upcoming Motion Codes

Protector, The
Children of Men
Eragon
Bloodrayne
Night Listener, The
Man, The
DéjÃ* Vu
Thr3e
Bullitt
Starship Troopers 2
Valiant
Wicker Man, The
LOST2

For everyone dying to see the Steve Mc Queen it's coming... Even if the sound of the movie is not so good (Dolby 2.0) the result with the Motion will be pretty good ...
post #189 of 6575 Old 05-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Advanced Member

Yannick

What happened to the Stealth and Saw series codes for BD I was asking months ago? Are they being considered?
post #190 of 6575 Old 05-07-2007, 05:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Yannick

What happened to the Stealth and Saw series codes for BD I was asking months ago? Are they being considered?

Murat

Only Saw 2 was ever made in DVD codes so we would have that one in BD. Those 2 titles are part of 5 that we have some problem to resynchronize in BD. We are working on them. We need to redo them which is the reason of the delay... We are considering them don't worry. Summer is going to be an excellent time to get caught on those titles.
post #191 of 6575 Old 05-07-2007, 06:59 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:

Yannick

I'm using analog outputs from my Panasonic BR player to my AVP and a separate optical cable to D-Box controller. With this setup I was able to get the D-Box work with DTS-HD Master Audio tracks on some BR titles.

Murat, I am wondering if you happen to know why this setup only worked on some BR titles with DTS-HD Master Audio tracks? Would it depend if the title also has a legacy DD or DTS bitstream track also? I cannot remember if DTS-HD M.A. soundtracks also include the legacy DTS bitstream.

Thanks.

Mark

post #192 of 6575 Old 05-08-2007, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

Murat, I am wondering if you happen to know why this setup only worked on some BR titles with DTS-HD Master Audio tracks? Would it depend if the title also has a legacy DD or DTS bitstream track also? I cannot remember if DTS-HD M.A. soundtracks also include the legacy DTS bitstream.

Thanks.

Mark

Mark

That's from DTS web site

DTS-HD has the ability to deliver very high data rates that can capture virtually all of the original audio information (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio) or ALL of the information (DTS-HD Master Audio).

So based on that they should include it. How's your setup going? Everything up and running?
post #193 of 6575 Old 05-08-2007, 10:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

Thanks.

Mark

Mark, I think it was my mistake that my sentence wasn't written properly. What I meant was some BR titles which has DTS-HD MA track and NOT some BR titles with DTS-HD Master Audio tracks. Sorry.. I can synch with D-Box whenver I play a BR title that has DTS-MA track
post #194 of 6575 Old 05-10-2007, 07:29 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannickG View Post

Mark

How's your setup going? Everything up and running?

Yannick, I am still about two weeks away from the carpeting.
Then, I have to install and hook everything up. If I had to guess, I would say about a month before show time. Darn kids

I don't know when I will find time to watch movies

Mark

post #195 of 6575 Old 05-10-2007, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

I am in the same boat. I saw my chairs for the first time yesterday. The color is perfect. Unfortunately, I will have to wait another month for the house to be finished, so I can un pack them and put them together.

Phil
post #196 of 6575 Old 05-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Advanced Member

hehehe It has to be killing you both... But it's worth the waiting!!!

Well Bullit is on! You need to let me know what you think about this. it's a lot harder for the motion artist to encode older stuff like this but I saw the chase and it's pretty good
post #197 of 6575 Old 05-13-2007, 12:55 AM

Hi,
I promised to post my opinion between the plattform based 4 horizontal actuator Odyssee XL System and a Quest Love seat with 4 vertical extended Lift (1.5 inch) actuators.
After I have played some time with both systems I come to the decission that extreme vibrations and pushes are better defined by the horizontal actuators of the Odyssee plattform system. The Quest system wins if your goal is to achieve a maximum feeling of motion.
Both systems are amazing and it is a difficult decission and more a matter of personal taste and of course the kind of movie you are watching. I discovered that motion isn´t that important for me but extreme vibrations and hard pushes are. So I give the plattform based Odyssee system my personal preference.
Or in other words, it´s good to have both

best regards to all of you !
Christoph
post #198 of 6575 Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 AM
Advanced Member

^ Christoph, thanks for sharing. Very interesting and helpful.

post #199 of 6575 Old 05-14-2007, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Yannick,

Would you mind giving your thoughts as to why Cristoph's experience find's the Odyssee platform would possibly yield "more extreme vibrations and hard pushes"... why someone mmight find the Odyssee tactile more appealing? I know the Odysee is more limited in excursion... Technically, I'm finding it hard to believe that the Odyssee could outperform the Quest series... unless the resonance frequency or capability was different? You would think that perhaps if he just turned the gain up, to level match the experience with the Odysee, that perhaps the gain was lower on the Quest vs Odysee experience?
post #200 of 6575 Old 05-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Advanced Member

Christopher's experience is shared by a number of people that have had the chance to try both for a number of time. The reason is that the horizontal actuators have an hydraulic mechanism that makes the vibration smoother. Well I'm not sure if smoother is the best word to describe but it certainly is different (feels more powerful). You see I prefer a single 3 axis chair so I get it all for me The motion gets more out of me... most of the time I even reduce the vibration intensity a little... Again that's my preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post

Yannick,

Would you mind giving your thoughts as to why Cristoph's experience find's the Odyssee platform would possibly yield "more extreme vibrations and hard pushes"... why someone mmight find the Odyssee tactile more appealing? I know the Odysee is more limited in excursion... Technically, I'm finding it hard to believe that the Odyssee could outperform the Quest series... unless the resonance frequency or capability was different? You would think that perhaps if he just turned the gain up, to level match the experience with the Odysee, that perhaps the gain was lower on the Quest vs Odysee experience?

post #201 of 6575 Old 05-14-2007, 05:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post

^ Christoph, thanks for sharing. Very interesting and helpful.

Indeed it is. Chris what movies have you had the chance to experience with the vertical actuators?
post #202 of 6575 Old 05-15-2007, 01:31 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

I am setting up my Odyssee Platform system as a free-standing unit vice a flush-mount application. I am wondering if anyone else has done this and would care to share pictures of it? I'm looking for ideas.

Thanks.

Mark

post #203 of 6575 Old 05-15-2007, 04:17 PM
AVS Special Member

YannickG-
If Dbox offers the motion platform software as an option to run on a pc insted of a dedicated motion controller, could it not identify the movie being played through the pc and sync motion through the timestamp of the playback? Could this get around the sound problems with hddvd?
post #204 of 6575 Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

YannickG-
If Dbox offers the motion platform software as an option to run on a pc insted of a dedicated motion controller, could it not identify the movie being played through the pc and sync motion through the timestamp of the playback? Could this get around the sound problems with hddvd?

This is a really good point. If we could have done it trust me it would be a lot easier for everyone ... The problem is the movie doesn't have a ''title'' with the timestamp so in order to make sure what movie is playing we have to create a unique signature for each movie (based on the DD or DTS audio track).
post #205 of 6575 Old 05-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Advanced Member

To all D-Box user

If you have a controller or Pc Interface and don't have the latest software version (20070322a) let me know and I will send it out! We are changing our FTP server and this soft. update will redirect the controllers to the appropriate address. To prevent any interruption just PM me.

Thanks,
post #206 of 6575 Old 05-15-2007, 07:42 PM
AVS Club Gold

Yannick, is the latest software version the same one as you recently sent me?

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #207 of 6575 Old 05-15-2007, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Yannick-
Waht about a media pc outputting two audio streams from the hddvd disk- one over hdmi for dolby true hd, and a separate simultaneous dd stream from a separate sound card to the controller? I think two separate sound outputs can be done.

Or I could be completely wrong, I don't know...
post #208 of 6575 Old 05-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS View Post

Yannick, is the latest software version the same one as you recently sent me?

Yes Gino you are up to date. Are you planning on going to Cedia Australia? don't know it's any interesting to you but who knows... I'm seriously considering going out there as we are going to have a hugh kick off for the product over there!
post #209 of 6575 Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansilv View Post

Yannick-
Waht about a media pc outputting two audio streams from the hddvd disk- one over hdmi for dolby true hd, and a separate simultaneous dd stream from a separate sound card to the controller? I think two separate sound outputs can be done.

Or I could be completely wrong, I don't know...

Well I know some users are doing similar things like playing the movie in DVD for D-Box and HD-DVD for A/V. I'm just concern about the synchronization of the two. The Problem with HDDVD is that there DD output is a down mix from HDMI and the audio stream is altered in the process and it's a random so each time you play the movie the output is different.
post #210 of 6575 Old 05-17-2007, 09:33 PM
AVS Club Gold

That's how I do it currently, it's a pain but seems to work well, only problem is when you want to skip forward or pause then you have to manually sync up again.

Thanks for explaining why you couldn't just use the downmixed 1.5mbps DTS stream for HD-DVD

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page