22Likes

post #1 of 6526 Old 01-24-2007, 09:40 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I just opened my Blue Ray copy of Alien vs. Predator and what did I see
I wonder what other titles are showing up with the D-Box codes. This is exciting.

Reports welcomed !!!!

Sorry for the blurry image.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6526 Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 PM

Liked: 10
it's one of the first. Also I hear Courage under fire and Commando will have it was well.

ran

setton sansui lo-d kensonic esprit nikko concept aurex a&d optonica otto
I love my dead av brands!
post #3 of 6526 Old 01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Advanced Member

You'll have more if you check out D-Box website. Unfortunately it's only done by Fox and Blu-Ray. I hope D-Box figures out a way to handle HD-DVD audio signals as well. But still, it's a great start and a new dimension for home theaters.
post #4 of 6526 Old 01-26-2007, 02:25 PM

Can someone explain to me how this works - in connectivity terms? For example, do you need to have a motion controller?

Zander
post #5 of 6526 Old 01-26-2007, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanderbarfly View Post

Can someone explain to me how this works - in connectivity terms? For example, do you need to have a motion controller?

Zander

I think you do need a motion controller, as there is no way to directly connect a source to the D-box system.

PS: Nice country you live in!

Regards,

ThomasBelgium
post #6 of 6526 Old 01-26-2007, 05:04 PM

Tks Thomas. As an expat, I love it here!!

OK - but if the motion codes exist on the BR movie disk, how does the motion system pick up the codes (from the BR disk as opposed to the codes being downloaded onto the motion controller as before with SD DVD)?

I don't understand how the motion codes connections/interface work....

Zander
post #7 of 6526 Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 54
The way I understood was that you insert the disc into the controller to download the codes. Unless things have changed since I spoke to Yannick at CEDIA Expo. Of course it is also entirely possible that I misunderstood and am currently speaking out of my @$$. In any respect, this is great for D-Box. HD and D-Box is the ultimate. I hope they get things worked out so that all current Blu Ray and HDDVD titles that have been coded for the standard releases will work with the HD releases.
post #8 of 6526 Old 01-26-2007, 10:29 PM

That sounds very plausible = simple. I guess I was interested to know if they'd implemented some fancy new connection using, for example, the USB ports on the BR players.

Ref. Alan's menu screenshot, I'd be interested to know what the D-Box menu option actually says? I guess it just tells the viewer to insert the BR disk in question into their motion controller?

I agree, it's excellent news for D-Box and their customers. Let's hope we see wider Studio support and also HD DVD-supported formats soon also.

Zander
post #9 of 6526 Old 01-27-2007, 09:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Well... unfortunately, the disc say's if your motion controller is equipped with a BD, then you can insert the disc to upload the motion codes. Mine isn't, and I don't even know if there are any that are at this point.

When I first got my disc, earlier this week, I played it, expecting the motion codes to actually be imbedded in the audio track. I was very dissapointed to find out that it didn't work. I even e-mailed Yannick to let him know it wasn't working. Since that time, D-Box has added the motion codes to their server, and I downloaded them and it works with the AVP disc, but I am surprised, that they were not available on the server when the disc came out. If they could supply Fox with the codes in time to incorporate them into the disc, why couldn't they put them on the server when the disc was released?? Hopefully they will be more timely in the future.

I am also left wondering, what is the point in having them on the disc, if there is no BD drive on the controller, and even if there were, what about HD-DVD? Will future controllers have BD drives, and HD-DVD drives??

Phil
post #10 of 6526 Old 01-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Advanced Member

So for the moment what this deal will bring to the D-Box users is the availability to have the motion codes on the release date. No waiting time, between the title release and the Motion code release. For AVP their was a little delay, but things will be rectified in the future and the codes will be available ahead of the release date. At the moment our files are on the disk and ready to be taken by the controller who would need to be equiped with a BLuray disk. Considering the cost of those player our controller would be ridiculously expensive, so it's handled the same way as all the other titles for the moment. If somebody wants it the option is there but it's really not worth it. With more studios coming on board we will be able to have other solution and eventually be part of the content/player... When, I can't say, but we'll get there...
post #11 of 6526 Old 01-28-2007, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Yannick,

Any luck with Toshiba HD-DVD players audio out problem? When do you think you'll solve this problem? Please, we want codes for HD-DVD too.
post #12 of 6526 Old 02-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Advanced Member

Murat,

I don't have any news yet... Be ensure that when I do I will let you all know, it really is something we need to do and seriously we thought it would already be up and running by now...

We are picking up on the Bluray titles though
post #13 of 6526 Old 02-20-2007, 09:25 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Unfortunately, it seems as though it will always be a problem where people downstream have to deal with mistakes upstream.

Is the Toshiba HD-DVD the only one with this stupid audio problem?
post #14 of 6526 Old 02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Poindexter View Post

Unfortunately, it seems as though it will always be a problem where people downstream have to deal with mistakes upstream.

Is the Toshiba HD-DVD the only one with this stupid audio problem?

Hey Mike nice to see you again
Well it's not so much Toshiba but rather the HDDVD protocol itself. The downstream of the 5.1 signal goes thru a decoder which constantly change the signal and we can't synchronize. I refered to Toshiba because they are a major part of it. Unfortunately I don't know when this is going to be done and working but it will. We we do some testing on the LG but we are almost 100% sure that it won't work like BD is working.
post #15 of 6526 Old 02-21-2007, 05:44 PM

I have done some research on D-Box, brings back memories of the body ride at Disney, nearly fell out of my seat! This being the home scale version, nice!

________
Yvonne A.
Sales Representative
AV Science, Inc.
PM's Only
post #16 of 6526 Old 02-22-2007, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonne A. View Post

I have done some research on D-Box, brings back memories of the body ride at Disney, nearly fell out of my seat! This being the home scale version, nice!

It's more an immersive experience than a Disney ride for more than 600 movie titles so far It is definitely worth a try. If you have a chance watch an entire movie so you can really get into the movie...
post #17 of 6526 Old 02-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

The D-Box system is something I have been interested in for a while. Unforntunatley, for the average joe consumer like myself, its waaaaayy out of my price league. Is there any plans in the future to make this system available, cost wise, for the average consumer? Maybe in some way buying the motion hardware seperately and letting the consumer install it themselves on a couch or chair of his/her choice?
post #18 of 6526 Old 02-22-2007, 10:13 PM
AVS Club Gold

Hi Yannick.. D-box may actually be the reason to get me to buy BluRay. Since BD is region coded, I suppose I'd need to send Australian BD movies to you to synch up?

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #19 of 6526 Old 02-23-2007, 07:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gino AUS View Post

Hi Yannick.. D-box may actually be the reason to get me to buy BluRay. Since BD is region coded, I suppose I'd need to send Australian BD movies to you to synch up?

Well not necessarily as the German BD English track works so far... I'm guessing either the zones aren't set or they kept the Dolby Digital 5.1 US track which would be a + for us (still need to have it tested out). By the way on Monday we are shipping some demo equipment to our new Distributor in Australia... Hopefully you will see some D-Box advertisement in the coming month (I know he is planning to get a nice set up for CEDIA Australia).
post #20 of 6526 Old 02-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATER View Post

The D-Box system is something I have been interested in for a while. Unforntunatley, for the average joe consumer like myself, its waaaaayy out of my price league. Is there any plans in the future to make this system available, cost wise, for the average consumer? Maybe in some way buying the motion hardware seperately and letting the consumer install it themselves on a couch or chair of his/her choice?

Well to a certain extent this is possible to do. You can get the actuators and retrofit them to your couch... To make sure your couch is sturdy enough you would have to frame it but it's possible... It's also a new technology that will eventually be able to reduce the cost as the production is increasing...
post #21 of 6526 Old 02-25-2007, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannickG View Post

Well to a certain extent this is possible to do. You can get the actuators and retrofit them to your couch... To make sure your couch is sturdy enough you would have to frame it but it's possible... It's also a new technology that will eventually be able to reduce the cost as the production is increasing...

Sounds like your headed in the right direction for those that are financially challenged. The retrofit would be what i am interested in. Thanks for the info Yannick
post #22 of 6526 Old 02-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GATER View Post

Sounds like your headed in the right direction for those that are financially challenged. The retrofit would be what i am interested in. Thanks for the info Yannick

The goal is to become a Standard... If we want to do so we have to have some products at a lower pricetag
post #23 of 6526 Old 02-27-2007, 11:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YannickG View Post

Well not necessarily as the German BD English track works so far... I'm guessing either the zones aren't set or they kept the Dolby Digital 5.1 US track which would be a + for us (still need to have it tested out). By the way on Monday we are shipping some demo equipment to our new Distributor in Australia... Hopefully you will see some D-Box advertisement in the coming month (I know he is planning to get a nice set up for CEDIA Australia).

Who is your distributor here?

( B ) ( G ) ( R ) BlendZilla DownUnder ( R ) ( G ) ( B ) - Tubes of Fury
post #24 of 6526 Old 02-28-2007, 04:48 AM
Advanced Member

Wavetrain acoustics... They are relatively new for distribution but they have a business vision that matches ours... You should see them at Cedia Australia this summer.
post #25 of 6526 Old 02-28-2007, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Yannick, I noticed that you came out with the codes for The Departed. Why didn't you come out with the Blu-Ray codes at the same time? I am still waiting to watch my copy, so I can have motion with the movie.

Phil
post #26 of 6526 Old 02-28-2007, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post

Yannick, I noticed that you came out with the codes for The Departed. Why didn't you come out with the Blu-Ray codes at the same time? I am still waiting to watch my copy, so I can have motion with the movie.

Phil,

It's on now along with 6 other titles The guys had the DVD finished late friday night it takes us at least the time of the movie and if there is any modification that we need to make it takes a little longer. We try to post them the same day when it's possible... There is not that much motion to the movie but when there is it add so much to it specially the gun shots. Enjoy!
post #27 of 6526 Old 03-01-2007, 06:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Awesome, Thanks.

Phil
post #28 of 6526 Old 03-01-2007, 05:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post

Awesome, Thanks.

Do you own any BD that we haven't encoded yet?
post #29 of 6526 Old 03-01-2007, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Flight Plan
First Blood
The Prestge
Babel

I haven't watched the last two, so I don't know how much they would benefit from motion, but I think the first two would.

Phil
post #30 of 6526 Old 03-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Advanced Member

Yannick,

I know that I'm asking this too frequently but is there any progress for HD-DVD codes? Do you plan to make it happen anytime soon?
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page