I saved for almost a year and paid $3700 for this. I used to use a P300 Power Plant with MWave4. The Premier is more efficient which is why it can't do MWave4 like the older Power Plants. The Premier can only do MWave1. I was hoping it would be different but it wasn't, I'm still hearing the open, flat, thin, empty, too much midrange, lifeless MWave1 signature except it is little faster with more low-level detail than both MWave1 and MWave4 of my P300 Power Plant.
The problem is where is the bass? I wrapped the Premier with 5 sheets of ERS Paper and it increased the bass a bit. I added a couple more Harvesters and upper bass got huge. But it still sounded empty in the mid-bass. I let it burn in for a few days and didn't hear a difference. I added extra ERS Paper
inside my amp and still not enough bass.
I did a blind test and compared Sinewave against MWave1 and the result was obvious, with MWave1 I heard more bass transients and with Sinewave they were gone. Now I knew I was going to get twice the improvement if I could have MWave4.
So I put back the P300 Power Plant and plugged it into Premier. Based on a year of experimenting I knew that Toroidal transformers benefit the most from MWave4, so I hardwired my Benchmark DAC1 back into it. Problem solved! I got crazy bass and fullness, more blackness and whiteness, more transparency, more dynamics, more life, more bass transients, more shimmering, more body, faster, darker, warmer, fuller, deeper, heavier, more realistic, more detail, more oomph, crazy highs, crazy lows, I feel it in my body. All this from changing MWave1 into MWave4!
So my DAC1 has MWave4 from P300, but the rest of the gear are plugged into Premier which only has MWave1, it's on the edge of sounding unacceptable, there still is something very subtle missing but it's still listenable, it's okay for now. I don't have enough ERS Paper for my P300 because I moved it inside my amp! That must be the problem. ERS for P300 gave more bass the last time I tried it.
I remember something else now, I tried some Sorbothane feet under the P300 before and got too much bass so I promptly removed it. I'm going to try it tomorrow, but first I need to rest my body from tweaking 24 hours in 2 days.
My rack is like a puzzle to put together, I have most of them hardwired. My rack needs to be lifted up to be moved but my table is in the way, so I have a motor on the table to lift it up, it's the only way. I can fine tune the height of the table so that the cables are long enough for the gear on top of the table.
When I need to hardwire interconnects I need to lift up rack and put in the middle of the room. But now when I have P300 hardwired on top of the table I need to bend my body in weird shapes and come from behind the rack with the soldering iron, I got a few burns. I also need to do the horse stance above the rack and bend forwards behind the rack.
When the system finally is hardwired I need to plug the connectors into the Premier, but the space behind the rack is only 20cm so I need to do a few pelvic thrusts to press it in. After that I need to plug in my Cary transport which has a 50cm Valhalla and I need to lower the table, since the table is so low I need to bend my body at the side of the rack, it's very tight and I almost get stuck between computer case and rack. Afterwards my legs are weak and I fall to the floor. But it sounds better so it's worth it.