QQQ
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by QQQ View Post

And depending on lens shift that could often be nearer to the 1/2" mark. Because again, Healthnut wanted to have near 0 lens shift, which means (I believe) his Ico is tilted less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetGray View Post

I expect you realize this, but just in case. You know that you can get the Isco a little closer to the PJ if it is tilted, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post

I do get your point about raising the P.J. and tilting the ISCO3-- due to the vertical sloping of the curved case front and I thank-you for pointing that out.

You are welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Sorry QQQ! Thank-you as well.

Quote:
welcome to the SF Bay Area BUT just remember this is all we get for our 2-3 weeks of winter. In the next week or two weather will be back up in the 70's and continue to rise until next November or December. Could be worse....you could be back in Pa

True!!! I love this area.... It is amazing.... Its just that this morning it seems totally sunny, then 5 minutes later it pours and is totaly overcast, and then it is totally sunny... It has alternated 6 times already this morning... For a second I thought I was in Florida... I'm going to try and go right now...
post #813 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:

I am very glad your install worked out so nice. Your installation was to date, probably the worst case scenario for a high quality CineSlide install I've personally provided any advise for. Huge drop *and* a sloped ceiling. I discussed several options with your installers. From your photo's it looks like it came out very nice. Look's like your guys did a top notch, clean installation. I am about to release a CineSlide mount for the C3X that attaches to the projector's pipe mount, but the superior performance install will always be an independently mounted transport, like yours. What a great looking room! Not to get off topic, but I noticed you had a Firehawk. I love the flexibility and all around performance of that material. Especially for rooms like yours. How are you masking the CineV?

Best,
Scott

Scott

the CineV masks from 2.35 to 16 X 9 with motorized drop downs
post #814 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 11:27 AM
QQQ
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Health Nut View Post

Sorry QQQ! Thank-you as well.

True!!! I love this area.... It is amazing.... Its just that this morning it seems totally sunny, then 5 minutes later it pours and is totaly overcast, and then it is totally sunny... It has alternated 6 times already this morning... For a second I thought I was in Florida... I'm going to try and go right now...

No thanks needed! I was just razzing you because I figured you thanked Scott because he was not piling on you (unlike me). I enjoy your posts and always seeing your insane subs too so please forgive me overly acerbic tone at times. Peace.
post #815 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Peace!!! I enjoy your posts as well, although I have not seen your subs

I can't believe it... here comes the damn rain clouds again... It was just entirely clear... are you sure I'm not in Florida?
post #816 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 287 Post(s)
Liked: 156
OK...this circle jerk is starting to get a little uncomfortable....

Sounds like the CIH spell has overcome many here...

My Home Theater of the Month- Le Petit Trianon

There are more than a handful of [op amps] that sound so good that most designers want to be using them as opposed to discreet transistors. Dave Reich, Theta 2009
post #817 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneobgyn View Post

Scott

the CineV masks from 2.35 to 16 X 9 with motorized drop downs

DOH! Of course it does. I was daydreaming I guess. Read one thing but something else seems to have made it to the CPU. Was thinking of the fixed non-masking model. Thanks.
post #818 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 12:46 PM

Quote:

DOH! Of course it does. I was daydreaming I guess. Read one thing but something else seems to have made it to the CPU. Was thinking of the fixed non-masking model. Thanks.

You're thinking of the CineW
post #819 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 01:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
OK...this circle jerk is starting to get a little uncomfortable...

Hold Still....

LMAO!!!
post #820 of 877 Old 02-03-2008, 01:47 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneobgyn View Post

You're thinking of the CineW

Exactly
post #821 of 877 Old 02-04-2008, 07:33 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Just installed another C3X1080/Cineslide/ISCO combo. I have to say it is quite a setup...not much better one will find.
post #822 of 877 Old 02-04-2008, 07:47 PM

Hmmm, might that be mine?
Jason braved some weather and other gravitational forces to drive 6.5 hours and get me set up. He literally finished the set up at 550pm yesterday, a mere 30 minutes before kick off. I haven't been able to play much yet, but was able to watch some serious football for the home theater's inaugural performance with a total of 8 guests. Needless to say, everyone was blown away.
Now I'm looking forward to spending some alone time in the cave and putting it through its paces...
post #823 of 877 Old 02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Thanks again Mark! I'll be in touch on the touchup stuff.
post #824 of 877 Old 02-07-2008, 09:06 AM
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Mayer View Post

PS regarding the HT5000 i was measured at 1850 lumen calibrated with 5500 cr and 704 ANSI

so it seams you found the same no. for the 5000 as i and thats is always good to know.
i found btw only 90:1 ansi cr.with the 5000 but that was also the
case for my christie 3 chip with "one lens" that both sim and christie offer.
i am very sure that the 5000 can have 700 ansl cr.
with the right lens like my christie also have.

i think """those other figures""" comes from units that have a problem
or the measurments are wrong or both.

Was the above measurement of 90 ansi with the Isco in place and a function of the two lens not working well together, or was there some problem with all 3 chip DLP's and the "one" lens Christie and Sim2 offer?
post #825 of 877 Old 02-11-2008, 12:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Since this is a unintentional meet and greet of Sim2 C3X 1080 owners, I have a question.

Has anyone had issues with stuttering on their Sim2 C3X 1080 at all? I think I'm having some issues with image stuttering. It is at its worst when I have large contrasts between black and white at the same time that the video is panning from one side to the other, or moving top to bottom (I don't remember what this is called... Panning from bottom to top?!?).

A good example of when I see it is during rolling credits. Not all letters have this issue, as much as letters where the white of the letter branches are close together on the black background. Letters like, lower case "e," or lower case "f" are two of the worst offenders I can think of off the top of my head, while "c" has enough space between the symmetrical branches to not have the issue.

As long as I can remember, the beginning portion of the Star Wars scrolling story-line (the yellow paragraphs at the beginning of each movie) was fairly stable when rolling from the bottom of the screen to the top of the screen, but with the C3X 1080 it appears to stutter slightly. This one I'm not sure about...

Another example is in the new Jodie Foster movie, "The Brave One," near the beginning after her husband dies, they pan across the screen in her bedroom and the alarm clock image stutters like crazy (the memory sequence where she dances with her dead hubby).

Is anyone else having these issues, or does anyone have any input into why this might be occurring?

Thanks.

"It is worse still to be ignorant of your ignorance."
-- Saint Jerome (374 AD - 419 AD)

My Home Theatre
post #826 of 877 Old 02-11-2008, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
No issues here, though i have seen it on another PJ with text.

Go into the user menus and move your cinema mode selection. This changes the deinterlacing technique used.

Hope this helps.

--------------------------------------------
"Wow, do you think you are Adonis"...... "Baby, I'm not A-donis, I'm THE-donis"
post #827 of 877 Old 02-11-2008, 01:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmachine View Post

No issues here, though i have seen it on another PJ with text.

Go into the user menus and move your cinema mode selection. This changes the deinterlacing technique used.

Hope this helps.

What Cinema mode would you recommend? Thanks.

"It is worse still to be ignorant of your ignorance."
-- Saint Jerome (374 AD - 419 AD)

My Home Theatre
post #828 of 877 Old 02-11-2008, 01:44 PM
AVS Club Gold

Que

Are you seeing what looks like dropped frames which I would have another set of questions for or judder which would show up in the brighter part of the image and is normal film motion judder.

DLP takes 24hz and doubles it to 48 so what you are seeing may be normal film judder where Lcos and LCD takes the input and quads it to 90 something so it is no longer noticeable. I see the same thing watching 35mm film during the bright scenes.
post #829 of 877 Old 03-06-2008, 08:36 AM

Does anybody know how to get into the service menu to do
the convergence adjustments?
post #830 of 877 Old 11-19-2008, 07:16 PM
AVS Club Gold

I have a friend who owns a sportsbar and is considering upgrading from a 720p 3-chip. What is the true lumen rating of the C3X1080 and would people recommend it for a setup with a fair amount of indirect ambient light? The screen is probably about 9' wide.
post #831 of 877 Old 11-20-2008, 04:32 AM
Scott Horton, techht.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petersen View Post

I have a friend who owns a sportsbar and is considering upgrading from a 720p 3-chip. What is the true lumen rating of the C3X1080 and would people recommend it for a setup with a fair amount of indirect ambient light? The screen is probably about 9' wide.

Here's where I took some measurments with one. Spreadsheet reflects light levels at differing screen sizes and option settings.
http://www.techht.com/Downloads/Bruz-C3X1080.xls
post #832 of 877 Old 11-20-2008, 06:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petersen View Post

Depending on zoom and power settings, it will give from around 800 upto around 1400. Those are D65. Mid zoom for me with a T2 was around 1200.

Scotts numbers give some great detail on Steve's unit.

TBH, I think a machine of this ability would be wasted in a sports bar. Its capable of such a stunning image.

--------------------------------------------
"Wow, do you think you are Adonis"...... "Baby, I'm not A-donis, I'm THE-donis"
post #833 of 877 Old 11-20-2008, 02:56 PM
Scott Horton, techht.com

P.S. I agree with CM, this is a lot of PJ for a sports bar. And not inexpensive either. Not to get off topic, but if I were giving advise to a friend, I'd tell them to save some dough and stuff in an less expensive, bright unit like a IF IN83, etc. (If 1080 is a must for some reason), Open Iris, full power. Spend the savings on a Firehawk or DNP Supernova for ambient help. Or get a new bulb for the 720 unit. After all how close are they sitting? I'd think a 3chip 720 would be a good fit. Especially on a good light rejecting screen.
post #834 of 877 Old 11-20-2008, 03:09 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

Here's where I took some measurments with one. Spreadsheet reflects light levels at differing screen sizes and option settings.
http://www.techht.com/Downloads/Bruz-C3X1080.xls

Thanks, this gives me everything that I need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldmachine View Post

TBH, I think a machine of this ability would be wasted in a sports bar. Its capable of such a stunning image.

Yup that's the conclusion that I'm coming to also. What my friend needs is something even brighter. On/Off is less important, ANSI contrast on the otherhand is important along with brightness so it's sounds like a bright 3-chip DLP is still the best projector. Any recommendations?
post #835 of 877 Old 11-20-2008, 03:59 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:

P.S. I agree with CM, this is a lot of PJ for a sports bar. And not inexpensive either. Not to get off topic, but if I were giving advise to a friend, I'd tell them to save some dough and stuff in an less expensive, bright unit like a IF IN83, etc. (If 1080 is a must for some reason), Open Iris, full power. Spend the savings on a Firehawk or DNP Supernova for ambient help. Or get a new bulb for the 720 unit. After all how close are they sitting? I'd think a 3chip 720 would be a good fit. Especially on a good light rejecting screen.

Thanks for the info. My friend has something like 10 FPTV screens and about 20 flat panel LCD's. On one of his larger screens he uses an Infocus 3-chip 720p. Probably an IF 777. Overall in that environment 720p seems to look fine so he probably doesn't need to go to 1080. So what I'm hearing is that a C3X1080 would be a waste in that environment?
post #836 of 877 Old 11-20-2008, 08:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Mark,

I don't know how well it would hold up in a bar, but maybe something like the 5000 lumen Mitsubishi HD8000 LCD would work:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Mitsubishi-HD8000.htm

And for a screen, maybe the .8 gain DNP that rejects light from sharp angles above and below well.

--Darin

This is the AV Science Forum. Please don't be gullible and please do remember the saying, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."
post #837 of 877 Old 11-20-2008, 10:37 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by darinp2 View Post

Mark,

I don't know how well it would hold up in a bar, but maybe something like the 5000 lumen Mitsubishi HD8000 LCD would work:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Mitsubishi-HD8000.htm

And for a screen, maybe the .8 gain DNP that rejects light from sharp angles above and below well.

--Darin

Is that lumen spec real? My worry with transmissive LCD based projectors is wear though. These will be on ~14hrs/day, 7 days a week. But this sounds encouraging: "Comments: The HD8000 HD projector is built with advanced inorganic 3LCD panels that project the sharpest images and are rated to last ten times as long as conventional organic LCD projector panels.". 4000 hr lamp life is a nice feature too.

Has anyone had any first-hand experience with this beast?
post #838 of 877 Old 11-21-2008, 04:48 AM

Mark,

It all depends on price, doen't it?

From least to most-Planar Viper 720p, Sim2 c3x1080, Christie HD6k-M, and DPI Titan Reference or Christie 10k-M.

At Cedia, the Titan Ref was projecting right next to it's one chip sibling in a bar type lighting scene. The Titan Ref was the clear winner in this setting. Easily better and quite noticeable, side by side.

If your friend wants the best........
post #839 of 877 Old 11-21-2008, 06:15 AM
LJG
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Mark:

1080P is overkill, especially since a good majority of the sporting events will be broadcast on the ESPN affiliates icluding ABC which broadcast @ 720P
post #840 of 877 Old 11-21-2008, 07:32 AM

Mark,

Some additional thoughts- I would get the Titan or the Christie and work a promotional deal with them. Hand every customer a flier on this great new device.

The video quality I have witnessed in every sports bar I have ever been in has been dismal. I assume he has some competition in his area, so promote the heck out of the new $70k state of the art video PJ system to the customers, depreciate the PJ, then take it home and use it in the HT. Replace it with the latest greatest and so on and so on.
Reply Ultra Hi-End HT Gear ($20,000+)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page