Replacing my Polk Rt2000's - What to get under $3K? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-04-2008, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi Guys,

I purchased some Polk RT2000 speakers in a Cherry finish about 8 years ago and now they just don't fit the decor of our new home, plus after nearly a decade, I imagine the newer technology sounds better.

I am not partial to any particular brand... in fact, I have been out of the audio scene for 8 years so I dont know what is good and what isn't any more.

Keeping a speaker system under $3K, what would you guys recommend as the best sounding 5.1 surround sound system available?

And what sub woofer would you match with it?

The one thing I need to do though is that the rear speakers need to be small as they will be mounted on the ceiling due to the design of the room they are going into (it only has 3 walls and connects to the kitchen, so placing a rear speaker in the middle of the walk way that goes into the kitchen wouldn't be ideal ;-)

The system will be used mainly for watching our blue ray movies on a 100" projection screen, but occasionally will be used to listen to music.

Any help would be appreciated. And any reference to how these new speakers might sound as compared to the polk RT2000's would also be helpful.

Finally, I prefer a more modern looking speaker if possible, and in terms of color, our furniture is a dark walnut type color, so I would prefer it to be in a similar finish (not cherry wood like I have now.)

Thanks everybody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-04-2008, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
I'd be sorely tempted with these...

http://www.svsound.com/products-spks-mts01.cfm

...paired with an Ultra sub. While some of the guys in Wisconsin weren't overwhelmed...John E Johnson was here's his review...

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/speak...-speakers.html

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #3 of 4 Old 03-04-2008, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, their subs sound awesome. I am going to pick up their 2531pci sub for sure. Now I need to review their SCS01 speakers against competitors and see what people are saying. They sound awesome as well.

The only downside at the moment is that they look pretty plain.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-14-2012, 06:51 PM

Do you still have the RT2000s?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page