Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-12-2008, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Dynaudio Focus (110 or 140) vs Paradigm Studio 40

I really want a nice set of speakers; but have not really had a chance to listen to what I am looking at above. The only time I heard Dynaudio was at Guitar Center checking out a pair of studio monitors... which really really did blow my mind compared to everything else they had. I really started to see what people meant be the "Dynaudio" sound.

A part of me really like the aesthetics and specs of the Studio 40 speakers as well.

My question is are these two brands in the same league? Am I comparing apples to apples?

What Dynaudio model is the equivalent to the Studio 40s as far as price and performance.

I really just want a very high quality set of bookshelves that image well and are very transparent.

I will even consider both companies lower end stuff if you feel it should be enough. I don't own any audiophile grade speakers so im sure the lowest would still keep me happy. I don't want to go overboard either since I am going to be using pro amps and other gear which isn't consider audiophile; so I don't want to get the best of the best and find out I need to upgrade everything else.

I plan on powering the above with a Crown 202D or 402D amp. My crossover is a DCX2496 and my subs are also going to be running off pro audio gear. My application is 75% (2.1 Channel HT) and 25% music.

If any vendors in the So Cal area want to chime in that carry both brands please do!

Got iSCSI?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page