Harman Kardon HKTS 18 or KEF KHT 3005 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-16-2008, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was looking into a home theater solution and I have settled on the products listed in the title. I was wondering if it would be worth it to step up to the KEF speakers because of greater quality or are the harman kardons close in quality for the price?

Thanks in Advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-16-2008, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Can I please get some help on this?
post #3 of 5 Old 03-16-2008, 12:13 PM

Liked: 18
The HKTS systems are actually quite good (made by JBL), both the satellites and, perhaps even more so, the sub. Most who get them tend to comment quite favorably, particularly as to their home theater applications.

Assuming for the moment that the KEF's are indeed better for pure music listening (they might not be, price notwithstanding) you may want to consider if you will be getting larger front (and perhaps center) speakers in the near- to mid-term. If so, I might suggest not spending the additional amount now on the KEF system, as much of your future listening will focus on the upgraded stereo speakers and perhaps center channel speaker. If not, it is up to you to figure what you want to spend, including assumptions as to relative quality for pure music reproduction.
post #4 of 5 Old 03-16-2008, 12:35 PM - Thread Starter

I will use the speakers occasionally for cd playback. The heavy use with be with Blu Ray movies and Xbox360 games. I just want something that will deliver a nice clear and powerful sound. I have also read about the orb speaker combo but was unsure as all customer reviews I found were on the website itself.

If this is of any help I will be using the Onkyo TX SR705 Receiver to decode the sound. Any other personal recommendations are welcome.
post #5 of 5 Old 03-16-2008, 12:55 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by strange_cloud View Post

I will use the speakers occasionally for cd playback. The heavy use with be with Blu Ray movies and Xbox360 games. I just want something that will deliver a nice clear and powerful sound. I have also read about the orb speaker combo but was unsure as all customer reviews I found were on the website itself.

If this is of any help I will be using the Onkyo TX SR705 Receiver to decode the sound. Any other personal recommendations are welcome.

I have a lot of respect for KEF, but for your intended use, I suspect the HKTS system would prove quite effective.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page