AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by christoofar View Post

wow....just...wow.
Don't got in here much anymore, & was kinda reminded why after reading thru some of these posts

Sounds like Mark & the OP connected & handled the issue at hand (which I was pretty sure would be the case from the start)

It's all good....& nothing to see here...let's move along....

Nothing to do in their office cubicles but post, post, post...

Russ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 02:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by django1 View Post

I just want to go on record apologizing to Mark Schifter for having doubted him. He is, as always, too good to be true. I call for a group hug...

No apology needed... please...

Vous étiez absolument corrects et je devrais avoir rendu mon coeur connu plus tôt

C'a été incorrect sur ma partie - et je m'excuse... Votre point est bien pris

(I think I got it right... but not sure)...

I'll take that hug now...

Best...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
post #453 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 03:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandarf View Post

Fatwan: vaporware doesn't necessarily mean that the product will never get released. Only that it's announced way ahead of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter View Post

I'm very very pleased in my hear to see how we handled it from all POV's (most important the OP himself and what he was offered along the way) - but again without the consent of the OP I feel it would be wrong to "post away"...

Oh please... I've just read, well more like skimmed, the last 4 pages of inanity posted in a few hours by very active ********** proponents who continued to attack or tried to defend their idiotic accusations of the original poster being a troll, liar, and I don't know what else.. (Nuance is still asking whether he's a real customer or not ) Worst, they're even trying to get the thread locked because they don't think that it's acceptable to voice a negative opinion/experience on this particular company. How? By posting a constant stream of idiotic content so that the moderators locks his thread and so in effect censor the original poster.

Now the CEO posts that he's very pleased to see this ********** mobbing?

Really, this whole thing makes me want to puke... How many fans has ********** gained here? How many more 'haters' as so many are so quick to call anyone not pro actively hyping/pimping this company? And then, MLS gives words of encouragement to the mobs. It really leaves an extremely bad taste in my mouth. I'm sure it's even worst for the original poster after the way he's been treated here...

[edit] Actually, maybe MLS meant 'we' as in the paid ********** staff and not 'the ********** family', in which case he wisely distanced himself from the mob here... The "from all the POV" is somewhat ambiguous and opened for interpretation... Which now thinking back was probably not my own... Anyway, in the end it doesn't change much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d red View Post

It's amazing. Your attempt to save face with your edit actually made you look even more foolish. "maybe MLS meant....." "in which case he wisely distanced himself from the mob..." You screwed up and are still trying to prove your incorrect point? Do yourself a favor.....STOP.

Quote:

I'm very very pleased in my hear to see how we handled it from all POV's (most important the OP himself and what he was offered along the way) - but again without the consent of the OP I feel it would be wrong to "post away"...

My edit wasn't an attempt to save face. Merely an attempt at full disclosure. MLS said that he was very pleased about how it was handled from all points of views, which must definitely include this thread... He then said that what was most important was what the OP was offered along the way. What was he offered along the way in this thread? He's been called a liar, a troll, a hoax, if not explicitly by some definitely implicitly. So he's very pleased with that?

All I said is that after rereading the quote (check the edit time, before you posted your message btw), I noticed that it was a very poor sentence and might not have meant exactly what I thought it did. "very very pleased in my hear"?! In my hear?! Does that mean anything? How "we" handled it? We who? We the paid ********** staff or we including the ********** cronies who blasted and fought the original poster since page 1 and tried to censor the OP by getting the thread locked?

Either way, django1 summed it up very well:
Quote:

I know that Mark calls a few of these supporter friends and I think he should have called them off: "qui ne dit mot consent". That translates to " he who says nothing consents"... This type of thing takes the shine off AV123 for me...

Somehow, that seemed to slip into a floor's crack, but MLS did say afterwards when he replied to another post, that he was ashamed and embarrassed from what some of his 'friends' wrote and that everyone should take a step back, including him. Why do you think that is?

Maybe because...

Quote:

the last 4 pages (were 4 pages) of inanity posted in a few hours by very active ********** proponents who continued to attack or tried to defend their idiotic accusations of the original poster being a troll, liar, and I don't know what else.. (Nuance is still asking whether he's a real customer or not ) Worst, they're even trying to get the thread locked because they don't think that it's acceptable to voice a negative opinion/experience on this particular company. How? By posting a constant stream of idiotic content so that the moderators locks his thread and so in effect censor the original poster.

I guess most of the time calling upon the hordes to **** pile someone works to his advantage, and he's probably laughing under his hat when it happens, but this time, it backfired. The attack dawgs unleashed themselves on the original poster, and when he's been discredited (favorite weapon of MLS & friends); called a hoax, liar, troll, etc. Then, oh, turns out he was telling the truth and felt the ********** wrath on himself for no good reason at all, like it happens so many times with other posters...

As I said, this thread is a very good example of why I don't like this company. The fanboys are part of the reason, the urging of the CEO & other ********** employees or people linked with ********** (which there probably was more than a few in this thread...), are all part of the reason. I don't know, if the president of the company was above this kind of thing (which he should damn well be) and showed disagreement with it, it would be something, but no, it's the the exact opposite; I've seen him behave himself as badly as the some of his worst trolls... Which I find really pathetic...

So no, the edit was not to save face, only to admit that what I had read into his comments might not have been 100% accurate. So I hope I have brought you satisfaction by replying to your post and accusations. If you wish me to shed more light on anything, I will oblige, but since the original poster's issues were resolved, I don't see much point.
post #454 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 03:39 PM

Grandarf,
Get over it. You're such a loser!
post #455 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 03:45 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 37
Quote:

No apology needed... please...

Vous étiez absolument corrects et je devrais avoir rendu mon coeur connu plus tôt

C'a été incorrect sur ma partie - et je m'excuse... Votre point est bien pris

(I think I got it right... but not sure)...

I'll take that hug now...

Best...

mls

Hey, Mark, don't speak French and then expect grown men to give you a hug. We don't roll that way.

Oh, and "hi"...

Paul Scarpelli
aka TRIAD DUDE

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

post #456 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 03:51 PM

Mark,

Let us know what you have for lunch and what upgrade you sell him.

Surely there's a way to misconstrue good intentions and cause havoc where peace could reign.

Good to see it worked out.....AS USUAL, but with just a tad more fanfare.
post #457 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 03:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
We are WAY past the time for this thread to end. Seriously, Mods, it's been resolved by those uniquely involved. Any further posting just seems tacked on.

Please.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away there was....Club Timobi Wan-Episode II.
post #458 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMjr View Post

Grandarf,
Get over it. You're such a loser!

x2

I've participated in many discussion forums in the past decade or so and you always have a couple that bring nothing but malice and hate. Grandarf sure does take the cake here at AVS.
post #459 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 04:09 PM

Quote:

I guess most of the time calling upon the hordes to **** pile someone works to his advantage, and he's probably laughing under his hat when it happens, but this time, it backfired. The attack dawgs unleashed themselves on the original poster, and when he's been discredited (favorite weapon of MLS & friends); called a hoax, liar, troll, etc. Then, oh, turns out he was telling the truth and felt the ********** wrath on himself for no good reason at all, like it happens so many times with other posters...

As I said, this thread is a very good example of why I don't like this company. The fanboys are part of the reason, the urging of the CEO & other ********** employees or people linked with ********** (which there probably was more than a few in this thread...), are all part of the reason. I don't know, if the president of the company was above this kind of thing (which he should damn well be) and showed disagreement with it, it would be something, but no, it's the the exact opposite; I've seen him behave himself as badly as the some of his worst trolls... Which I find really pathetic...

So no, the edit was not to save face, only to admit that what I had read into his comments might not have been 100% accurate. So I hope I have brought you satisfaction by replying to your post and accusations. If you wish me to shed more light on anything, I will oblige, but since the original poster's issues were resolved, I don't see much point.

Reading this causes me to extend quite a bit of compassion to you, Grandarf.

You truly should consider seeking the assistance of a reputable mental health professional. What you've laid out strongly resembles a paranoid delusion.

May you find peace.

In a situation provided with maximum amplification, perform a disciplined action.
post #460 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Yeah ok a PULLIAM junior with 2 posts,
matt53: http://av123forum.com/member.php?u=4060
biffva: who we've all come to know in this thread.

I rest my case. Besides, all the puerile attacks only confirm my claims, so fire away, your asinine remarks roll off my back like water on a duck's.
post #461 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 04:40 PM

I would really like to know why this Grandarf character dislikes Mark Schifter so much. Even when and if Grandarf has a semblance of a point he totally loses it with mean spirited comments concerning Mark and AV123. Why is that? I've been on their forum for awhile, and have had several run-ins with the group over one thing or another, but I've come to respect Mark as a person and his company for their products and customer service. Surely there is more to this than meets the eye. I'm glad the OP has had his problem resolved, maybe this means "case closed", maybe?
post #462 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 04:55 PM

For what it is worth:

I have been lurking here and at the other usual suspects (AV123, Axiom, AudioCircle) for some time now always in search of that perfect speaker that everyone agrees is the “one”.

I have read countless posts about all manufacturers and models, opinions, arguments, sound advice to upgraders and new comers alike. (For the most part I think I have understand that my search is in vain, and as some people say it is what you are willing to trade off)

So on to the point.

I feel I must say that the fellow who started this thread had every right to be ‘irritated” and ask for others advice on what to do in his situation. I am not going to debate any of the points, just point out that with the good experiences come the bad – both are legitimate.

I read the first 7 pages and could not help but feel upset at the way some of the people handled the situation, and how his made me rethink, perhaps even cast doubt, some of the good things I have read about MLS and AV123 in other posts (not from MLS, rather from similar people as to the posters in this thread).

I have no doubt that MLS is a great guy, hell I even bought speakers from his company as a wedding gift for a friend. But this entire thing was a disaster with people having indirectly hurt his company’s most prized method of sales – internet / forums (that is, I presume this is his bread and butter).

So I have nothing to gain from this and mean no ill intentions to anyone. Though I thought it may be helpful for some of the people here and perhaps AV123 representatives to have some insight on what a regular person interprets out of this mess.

(No, I did not finish reading the thread, and it seems it was resolved as per usual however not without some cost to credibility)
post #463 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Is there a purpose to this thread now that the OP has had his issue taken care of?

I vote no.
post #464 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Lol so much arguing over semantics.
post #465 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jephdood View Post

Is there a purpose to this thread now that the OP has had his issue taken care of?

I vote no.

After having waded through all 16 pages I think we deserve full disclosure! Did Mark steal Grandarfs girlfriend when they were in high school? Something just doesn't seem kosher here, there's more going on than meets the eye. I'm waiting for "the rest of the story"!
post #466 of 466 Old 03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 16
Closed.
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page