AV123 really irritates me now - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #91 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 10:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Well I wish you both luck. I hope you all work it out. Nothing against your company I have never done business with you but I do generally take sides with the consumer. Why, cause Im a consumer. But you sound willing to make it right so to that I say Bravo! In either case. Its easter and I got some eggs to go find or something. So as sad as you all will be I must leave for a while. But do not cry! I will be back eventually! I promise!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post

Mark, your legendary service and kindness shines again.

I do understand the OP's frustration however, waving been waiting for over 6 months now for a product that was due in October. I don't feel he is trying to smear av123, he's just frustrated of the release date being postponed, again, and he has reason to be.

Thanks for your post...

Having just returned from Colombia and basically letting everyone know what we have done to improve our delivery times from there - I have to AGREE with you about the frustration... I would be pretty upset too... but we HAVE sorted it out... The deliveries will start again this week - and slowly the unhappiness and frustration will die down... (just like when we were late with over 3000 Rockets to customers in December and January... )... We were able to crank it up and deliver to many very happy folks...

I don't feel he's trying to smear us either... I feel he is VERY frustrated and trust me here - I will get to the bottom of this and report... (as I should)... Others are happy when they read we are late - and that's cool too - that's all part of growing and getting better...

Enjoy the Holiday... I'm about to get ready for some Easter fun...

Best...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
post #93 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 10:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpenguin View Post

Well I wish you both luck. I hope you all work it out. Nothing against your company I have never done business with you but I do generally take sides with the consumer. Why, cause Im a consumer. But you sound willing to make it right so to that I say Bravo! In either case. Its easter and I got some eggs to go find or something. So as sad as you all will be I must leave for a while. But do not cry! I will be back eventually! I promise!

I AM willing... not just "sounding like"... and I will do so for sure...

I only ask that we be judged on our performance... when we are wrong we stand up and say so... We are late with deliveries of MFW15's and now I have that sorted out as well... The next 60 days will prove that...

Wrong is wrong...

We'll do great by the OP... I just need to understand what happened and "why"...

Happy Happy...

mls

Founder and President
Perpetual Technologies
post #94 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 11:04 AM

Liked: 11
Mark take the day off and enjoy your family. Tell your son-in-law good luck tomorrow and best regards.
post #95 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phipp01 View Post

Mark take the day off and enjoy your family. Tell your son-in-law good luck tomorrow and best regards.

We're cool...

Gracie just woke up... Must be nice to be 16...

My Granddaughter just arrived home after a 5 day trip to NASA in Florida... Lucky kid...

We are all preparing for a fun day... I'm outta here now - but back later for sure...

I will send your best wishes to my SIL... He's a great guy - and are all worried about him terribly - but hopeful that the Doctor that was chosen to do this surgery will come through... He's the best in his field here... I'm hopeful my SIL is ready for bicycle racing season here in CO and in CA - can't wait to film him with my new HD Video rig...

All the best ---- and thanks...

Mark

Founder and President
Perpetual Technologies
post #96 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 11:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark L. Schifter View Post

This is NOTHING NEW from that person... He has been around long enough to see us deliver on EVERY napkin sketch and great product idea we have shared... He is a hater through and through - and he proves it each time he posts about my products or my company...

One thing is clear - he does not like me - or my products -

No news flash here... same BS... new day...

He is a magnificent creator of anti-hype... I asked to meet him and show a product or two to him when I was heading for Canada... ask me if he could care enough to find out if we were full of hype or whatever else he thinks we are full of...

Like I said - no new news here... just the same hate-stuff...

Bingo and double BINGO... he only forgot his signature... stick out his tongue tongue out a few times...

In any event... we have been delivering products (some late) for a long time now - and we will continue to build and deliver fine products that are a great value in all respects... Our history is a good one - and people know that their money is well spent on our products - like many in this industry...

Funny how easy it is to hate when the Internet is involved... It's easy to spread mis or dis information too... No one can be in all places at once... we know all too well that our kind of success breeds (or even inbreeds) people that like to sling mud... No new news there either...

Enjoy your holiday... and sorry to piggy back your message like this...

All the best...

mls

???

Why do you again try to make things personal and try to discredit me without addressing any of my comments? I don't hate ********** products, I've actually never heard any of them. I don't hate you either, I just don't respect you because of posts like the one you just posted. Anyone who knows a bit of history about ********** knows that what I've said is true. You know it too, and that's why you're not addressing any of the comments but only trying to discredit my person. That's why I don't like you nor respect you. That's why I wouldn't want you in my house, even after you self-invitation to try to come sell your products to me in my own home. (ever the salesman) You're simply not an individual I'd like to meet, and I'm sure it's reciprocal reading many of your hypocritical venomous posts towards me.

Anyone can head to your forums and see dozens of posts like these (1, 2) on a ton of your products... Here's some quotes from earlier mentioned thread from last year:
Quote:

So I checked the consolidated notes on the BMF and didn't see anything on eta's. Sean had said that there wouldn't be any updates regarding when this product would come to market. Personally, given all the information provided on every other stinkin' product, I want to know something.

This is getting real old and you guys can come up with every reason why things aren't here or how much you have improved with communication, but I haven't personally experienced it. Hell, MLS ignores these threads and it is his company. Sorry for the rant but enough is enough. what is going on with this product and when are you hoping to start shipping?

Quote:

Well, FWIW, the BMF was announced over 2 years ago and a prototype was shown/demo'd at a HT meet over 1 year ago. I can understand how he might think it would be a little farther along after 2 years.

Quote:

This is an open forum. The unrelenting pirahna-like attacks when someone states a frustration does nothing to protect av123 or MLS - in fact, they just hurt the credibility of the forum.

Asking about the status of a product after 2 years is hardly the same as begging for a delivery date soon after a new product is mentioned as being in development.

You can find the LS threads there too, as well as subs & other products... Again, nothing new, same old same old. The X electronics info is for everyone to see:

http://av123forum.com/showthread.php?t=12750

This was posted in February 2006, "Will there really be any x Product electronics? I've lost my faith on the subject. What gives?". He had lost his faith in them being released two years ago (2006), and today, more than two years after that (2008), they're still not released. You might not like to hear it, but that's vaporware 'my friend'. As I said, dozens of class-D amps have been released during that time from a multiple of companies.

I know that image is everything to ID companies like this, and this is why one tries to surround himself with as much hype as possible, nothing exceptional here as we can say that pretty much every company tries to generate some hype, but it seems that ********** is exceptional as generating hype. Nothing negative there I guess, in fact it's even more of a compliment that you are doing a great job at hyping yourself, your company and your products. I doubt anyone is arguing that you're not doing a great job at that.

You really are a master salesman. Someone posts a negative experience with your company, and you manage to turn it into a sales pitch and have a few people praise you for it. It is impressive! *handclaps* But hey, not everyone falls for that. Many find it irritating to have a salesman maintaining a big presence in forums like these, monitoring everything and trying to get more sales/hype going... So no, I don't hate you, but yeah, I do somewhat dislike you and your company antics or advertising campaigns... And as an uninvolved outside observer, can say that this thread is really nothing new, and actually has raised a few issues. Again, some love this kind of hype and new napkin designs announcements, others don't. I'm sure you can guess if I like it or not, as well as the original poster of this thread!
post #97 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I'll agree and disagree with ya on that one. Yes its pretty cool that they decided to join this conversation and try to help out. However, if what the OP says is true I think they are several months behind and are simply trying to save face in front of an entire community. Its easy for a company to tell 1 customer to goto hell but when there are dozens if not hundreds of potential customers in jeopardy suddently the company takes action. So yes its great that they are trying to help now. but what is their real motive in seeking out this thread? And who told them about the thread anyways?

I think the OP will get what he wanted out of his post. Resolution. Too bad it comes to that some times.

If the OP had called AV123 and asked for a resolution it would have happened, believe me. You have no experience with AV123 or their products, so everything you say is pure speculation based on one negative post, with half-baked information.

Tony

In search of the Holy Grail.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #98 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post

If the OP had called AV123 and asked for a resolution it would have happened, believe me. You have no experience with AV123 or their products, so everything you say is pure speculation based on one negative post, with half-baked information.

How hard would it be to setup a few mailing lists to keep people informed of development and sending them an email every couple of months? I remember a very similar thread here with another of guy who was disappointed after waited months for nothing for an **********'s announced product, and months later, still absolutely nothing... I think it was a bass management doohickey or something like that. Again, the exact same thing, took the pre-order, said ok, we'll ship as soon as it's ready, then after months of waiting, still absolutely nothing.

Again, sure, yeah, it would have probably be easy to call and cancel the order, but the person has waited like 6 months for his sub, which they said would ship (so he didn't buy another sub in the meanwhile), and months later it didn't happen. That was the issue here I believe.

And yeah the other guy got bashed too for posting it.

Quote:

Regardless of what exactly happened I think it's pretty remarkable when the founder/president of a company finds a thread less then 24hrs old and posts

Great PR and damage control at work. I also find it remarkable, but not in a very different way... Drunkpenguin said it well:

Quote:

I'll agree and disagree with ya on that one. Yes its pretty cool that they decided to join this conversation and try to help out. However, if what the OP says is true I think they are several months behind and are simply trying to save face in front of an entire community. Its easy for a company to tell 1 customer to goto hell but when there are dozens if not hundreds of potential customers in jeopardy suddently the company takes action. So yes its great that they are trying to help now. but what is their real motive in seeking out this thread? And who told them about the thread anyways?

I think the OP will get what he wanted out of his post. Resolution. Too bad it comes to that some times.

Again, resolution being cancellation of the order of the sub he's been waiting months for, since it was nowhere near in sight. Not so much a resolution. He ordered, waited for it for months, then had to cancel because he's not going to get the sub any time soon... Not a great resolution... More a conclusion...

Yet, some still manage to see it as a great accomplishment by ********** since the president posted in the thread in a public forum where someone told his story about wasting his time with **********... Go figure!
post #99 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 11:43 AM

I'm a new customer of AV123 and anxiously awaiting an MFW sub. Sure I want it NOW but I can wait. I will say that in reading the forums that Mark is either one heck of a con man or one heck of a a business man and I don't think he's a con man. He spends a lot of time on the forums keeping everyone apprised of what's going on and I doubt he would if he didn't care so much. There's a passion that goes well beyond that of a business nature in his postings and that much is obvious. He knows that customer service is paramount to a successful company and in spite of the troubles AV123 has had he seems to be a master at pulling the game out in the bottom of the 9th. I look forward to doing more business with him in the future.
post #100 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandarf View Post

How hard would it be to setup a few mailing lists to keep people informed of development and sending them an email every couple of months? I remember a very similar thread here with another of guy who was disappointed after waited months for nothing for an **********'s announced product, and months later, still absolutely nothing... I think it was a bass management doohickey or something like that. Again, the exact same thing, took the pre-order, said ok, we'll ship as soon as it's ready, then after months of waiting, still absolutely nothing.

The new site always everyone and anyone to sign up for auto alerts when new products in development have new (or more up to date) information... Works rather nicely too... Easy... please sign up...

We shipped that bass management product - some love it - others not as much... What they were waiting for was a software upgrade - but as you don't really know about that we'll give you a pass...

It's easy to use the Internet for all sorts of information management - we're getting better at it - so are you...

It's hardly remarkable for me to show up in a thread where there are problems... No PR attached - I do this all the time... The alternative is to allow people like you to manage my PR for me - now how good would that be...

right... thought so...

Enjoy your day... Happy Holidays..

mls

Founder and President
Perpetual Technologies
post #101 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 12:11 PM
AVS Special Member

This is one reason I will NEVER EVER buy brand new speakers

One shall stand... One Shall Fall... - Optimus Prime
post #102 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 12:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yet, some still manage to see it as a great accomplishment by ********** since the president posted in the thread in a public forum where someone told his story about wasting his time with **********... Go figure!

Subs will ship just like all of our product announcements...

I guess many find dealing with us hardly a waste of time - but YOU KNOW THIS TOO...

The best part is this... when are you going to tell us who you are... You were a guy that could hardly talk about technical terms or issues just a few short months ago - and yet I have read you lately talking about all matters of technical terms and the like... Seems like you've gained immense knowledge all of a sudden - or - could it be something else...

Maybe I know more than I should...

The bottom line is we deliver --- always - the few like you that choose to bash and hate are easily found out... You've crossed over the line by letting us all know how smart you are now - a little homework later - and viola...

It's just as easy to see who loves us - most have carefully watched to see if we ended up delivering - and keeping our word... Wonder of wonders - we have... Up where you are there are a lot of speaker companies that have changed hands of late... lots of new territory being chartered... I think you know where I'm coming from... Canadian loudspeaker manufacturing is amongst the VERY BEST in the world. Things change... people don't... (rarely)...

All the best to you "Grandarf"...

mls

Founder and President
Perpetual Technologies
post #103 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 12:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao1 View Post

This is not a sign of great company. I would return all the products and get the full refund.
It really doesn't matter whether the credit card has been charged or not. They simply lied about the product and later, not followed up with the customer regarding the delay. Now, one can get away with the subs but what if they did the same thing to center speaker ? One would end up buying front speakers and then waiting for center speaker for months. If they had told in the beginning that delivery of the sub would take at least 6 months then there wouldn't have any issues and it becomes the decision of the customer whether to buy or not.

I am quite surprised that many people are blaming OP instead of company.

If you are dropping that much coin & aren't proactive, either you are too stupid or just plain careless with your money.
Either way, customer service is a two way street - it's call comunication.

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 + Sony STR-DG810 + LG BH200 + JBL L830's x2 + JBL LC1 + JBL Loft40 x 2 + Polk PSW10 + Harmony One
post #104 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rao1 View Post

This is not a sign of great company. I would return all the products and get the full refund.
It really doesn't matter whether the credit card has been charged or not. They simply lied about the product and later, not followed up with the customer regarding the delay. Now, one can get away with the subs but what if they did the same thing to center speaker ? One would end up buying front speakers and then waiting for center speaker for months. If they had told in the beginning that delivery of the sub would take at least 6 months then there wouldn't have any issues and it becomes the decision of the customer whether to buy or not.

I am quite surprised that many people are blaming OP instead of company.

I know I have spoken with and written many customers about this product... We are behind our plan - and I feel poorly about this...

We have consistently told people that this product was waiting on the amp and the "custom front end" that has Programmable EQ's, and Progressive Limiter Programming (256 steps)... We are buying this part from a UK based company that has been a JOY to deal with... We are there...

In any event - we owe this person a HUGE apology - and an explanation...

"They simply lied about this product......"

I'll reply to that later...

Best...

mls

Founder and President
Perpetual Technologies
post #105 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

I see the AV123 Fan Boys are out in droves.
post #106 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 01:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billatlakegeorge View Post

And I see you have lots to add to the discourse. Nice contribution.

Tony

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #107 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Bwaaahahaha!
What an intelligent well thought out post. LOL
Thanks for the input.

"Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive." -Sir Walter Scott

post #108 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 01:45 PM
AVS Special Member

The OP vented and now has the attention of the company mentioned. It is really between them now. I see no value in further discussion until we can be informed by either of them of the results and whether it was determined to be satisfactory or not.

It seems to me any other types of comments are self-serving, one way or the other, and would provide no benefit to either the OP or company involved. Instead of further baiting each other why don't we just sit back and wait for the results.
post #109 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 01:52 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobiwan View Post

If you bothered to read his post you'd see that he ordered and stuck with that decision based on delivery claims made by AV123. What's he gonna do, call them out on the first hurdle or sit patient and believe the claims they make? When he questioned them on the schedule they fed him rubbish stating delivery by the end Nov and eventually came clean in Feb, saying the sub wasn't ready. Nice of them to be honest and even better of them to really keep him up to date instead of the other way around. Clearly the guy wants the sub and was also willing to wait but from what he's said, they took the ----. Its strange that you think he's stepped over the line by posting his experience here. What would it take before its deemed a problem? 12 months? 2 years?

Seems you have to be your own customer service these days.

Its funny that you said the OP should be a little more mature about this, how ironic. Seems you can't stand criticism without resorting to calling folks trolls. Seriously, your a waste of my valuable time, laters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigsub View Post

We have one person, the OP, claiming to have been charged for a product he has not received. That person disappeared 39 minutes after opening this thread.

We are now into the 2nd day of this thread, with no additional "my card was charged with no product delivered, too" posts.

Have you ever dealt with AV123 ? Or are you making you entire argument on what one person has to say ?

Yup yup. I noticed that too. The thread was intentionally started to smear av123. Its pretty obvious, well at least to those with common sense. I still can't believe the thread is going, though. I've seen threads closed down for less than this. Interesting...

I will reiterate my point, and then leave it at that. If a person isn't patient enough to wait to order a product until it has been given an official release date, there is no one to blame but that person. And even if an estimated released date was given, there is no guarantee, hence why it's called an estimation.

No matter what measurements tell us, a loudspeaker isn’t good until it
sounds good. - Dr. Floyd Toole
post #110 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 01:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Lets start a pool! How many more pages until this thread will get shut down? Hmm...or WILL it get shut down?

I call 2 more pages. Place your bets now!

post #111 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 01:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

Lets start a pool! How many more pages until this thread will get shut down? Hmm...or WILL it get shut down?

I call 2 more pages. Place your bets now!

Why not report it and do your part?

Tony

post #112 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I just wonder who should reply billatlakegeorge...

People that have dealt with us probably DO have something to add - wouldn't you think...

Or, just allow for the other face of the coin to be seen - and then... ???

Lets allow for some balance... some back and forth is always helpful - or else people come up - have their say - and then... "where's the solution or the resolution" - I think (counter to others) that coming into this thread today was good... I needed to know about this...

Cool...

Best...

mls

Founder and President
Perpetual Technologies
post #113 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post

Why not report it and do your part?

Because I want to win the pool, of course! LOL! J/K

post #114 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mark -

You are certainly correct about Grandarf. He hates you and your company and will do anything he can to slander both. Its sad really, but there will always be haters out there, no matter who you are and what you sell. At least he's proving you right every time he posts. And you watch, he'll reply to this for sure, spreading more hate. I pity people like that.

I guess its best to just ignore folks like this. They thrive on our responses, so I won't fuel the fire anymore. Time to take the high road, even if I get bashed for it.

Happy Easter everyone, even you slanderers and haters.

post #115 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:19 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 13
MLS - get some R&R after your time in Cali!

Disclosure - "WJS" on the AV123 forum.

I have LS-6es on order (no money until shipped unless special order). I've been impatient in the past with regard to this speaker, but I'm willing to wait. Had my say on the matter AT THE AV123 FORUM.

Tried doing a little detective work, and I can't find anything in the last several weeks on the AV123 forum like the OP described. There is nobody on the AV123 forum with OP's handle.

There are a couple of threads about customers with problems. The OP's are answered quickly and the problem resolved - frequently it's been a matter of miscommunication.

I just wonder why the OP decided to address the problem in this manner.

If it's legit, give Mark and Co a call/email/thread on their forum and see what happens. Maybe disclose your handle on their forum so they can figure out whats going on.

I do hope that it gets resolved to the OP's satisfaction.

Again MLS, thanks for your efforts at keeping your customers happy - must cause headaches and gray hair at times though.
post #116 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:20 PM

Ok heres my 2 cents. Been researching subs for about 3 months now. Will be in the market for a new probably within the next 3 months. Would I have waited 7 months with no word? Probably not. Would I have called AV123? Yup. I would have been proactive. Started out thinking I'd get an eD sub becaue of all the praise UNTIL I saw the MWF-15 and the praise That was getting. Now I appreciate That MLS and also the people at eD post here and as a consumer that means alot to me.

Would I buy an eD sub? Yup.

Would I buy an AV123? Yup. Thats most likely what I will be ordering. I'd order one just for the amazing cherry finish they have. (matches my speakers BTW)

I have huge respect for MLS after seeing what he has done here and in the AV123 thread. (no I do not personally know MLS nor am I a fanboy)

For someone, on a holiday no less, take time away from family to peruse this thread and respond the way he has has proven to me that if I were to buy from AV123 that I would not only be getting a grreat product but IMO I feel I would be joining a "family".

Just my 2 cents.
post #117 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Oh and BTW why are we discussing subs in the speaker forum?

Happy Easter everyone I'm off to make rabbit stew
post #118 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Mark -

You are certainly correct about Grandarf. He hates you and your company and will do anything he can to slander both. Its sad really, but there will always be haters out there, no matter who you are and what you sell. At least he's proving you right every time he posts. And you watch, he'll reply to this for sure, spreading more hate. I pity people like that.

I guess its best to just ignore folks like this. They thrive on our responses, so I won't fuel the fire anymore. Time to take the high road, even if I get bashed for it.

Happy Easter everyone, even you slanderers and haters.

Labels labels labels. You are an ********** fanboy, and I'm an anti-********** fanboy. Now that this is out of the way, how about you reply to any of my arguments instead of playing the labels game? As I said earlier, I don't hate **********, neither do I hate MLS, I just don't like him and don't respect him because of many reasons, one of which that most of his rebuttals end up like empty puerile garbage just like your last post. So let me just point out that you didn't take the high road at all, all you did was call me names to again, like your friend MLS did a few posts back, discredit me without actually addressing any of my comments. This isn't taking the high road, quite the opposite you see. (btw, given the few pms I've received it seems I'm not the only one who isn't sold to MLS/**********... But I digress...)

As I've said earlier, it's not the first time ********** announced a product which is yet to hit the shelves in months if not years after. The napkin drawing wasn't an exaggeration, I really believe products have been announced when they were only in the napkin drawing stages. I even believe napkin drawings were posted with some of the announcements!

Take the X electronics. I've quoted the links, In February 2006, someone had given up waiting for them. In end of March 2008, the products are still in development. Is this not vaporware? Is this normal?

The bit I quoted earlier said that the sub the original poster had pre ordered, had been announced two years ago (and this post was of last year), and that a prototype version had been showed a year before. Someone complaints that he's been waiting for 6 months since it was supposed to be released... Then he gets attacked by people who bash him for posting such an outrageous message on an internet forum... Oh no the evil ********** hater has posted something bad, quick grab the torches and pitchforks! To arms my brothers!

I've given a bit more thoughts about these kind of vaporware announcements, and I think another reason is, beyond hype/publicity, in fact to put another product as competition, even though it doesn't exist... Take the sub, if you want to buy a 15 inch sub today, are you going to go for an HSU, SVS, Axiom, etc? Or... Are you going to wait for this new sub which is going to be released soon? So even if you don't actually have a product to sell, you can actually prevent someone from buying a sub today to then buy your sub later... Speakers, are you going to buy a set now, or wait for this new speaker who the manufacturer says which redefine our notion of quality? So it could serve a sort of purchase delayer, giving your products a chance of a sale that it wouldn't have had it if had not been announced so soon...

Anyhow, there's also the aspect of image, the importance of threads like these, I'm guessing for an ID business, they can probably mean the difference in a few sales or not...

Also I just want to point out that I wasn't saying that the sub will NEVER be released, same for X electronics or whatever... I'm sure they will, one day, and those who might not want to wait that long would probably get their money back. I might not love ********** as much as many others (understatement) but I'm not claiming that they're crooks or that they'll steal people's money with an inexistent and never to be released product... Just don't hold your breath is my advice. The X electronics have been announced years ago, still in development... Grain of salt applies...

I'm 100% sure that now that the original poster's problem has been posted in public, he'll get taken care of That's what usually happen when someone posts something negative publicly... Maybe even get a little something extra as apology... Who knows... Maybe that was his intent in the first place! Well in this case canceling a preorder shouldn't have been any problem anyhow I'm sure, but going public often seems to solve many issues, if you know what I mean

Oh, happy easter everyone too!
post #119 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

All I can do it laugh at your post, because it didn't help at all with your side of the debate. In fact, you make no sense, but at least you showed your true colors. Congrats!

I'm faced with an impossibly tough decision here. I could either reply to Nuance and attempt to discuss what differentiates a good from a bad customer service experience or I could smash my head repeatedly into that brick wall over there and risk(further?) brain damage.

Hmm... what to do.
post #120 of 466 Old 03-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Re: Nuance - You are an ********** fanboy,

Is he?
Closed Thread Speakers