Forum Jump: 

post #181 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 06:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadriverfalls View Post

But, you didn't say WHICH Star Trek.... Kirk or Picard? Sisco or Janeway?

Picard all the way
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 06:23 AM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleSetup View Post

To OP,
When did you really order you stuff? At the begining of this thread, you said September. On a different thread, you said that you placed the order on 10/05/07. I'm just curious.

You noticed that post, too.

To be fair to the OP, I doubt that he's a troll or anything resembling a troll.

Rather the OP appears to be somewhere between absent-minded and clueless. He can't even get his facts straight.

I'm willing to bet that when the facts come out it will be revealed that the OP started a tempest in a teapot, a tempest in a teapot that simply allowed a few bitter AV123 detractors to spread more of their venom & bile.

In a situation provided with maximum amplification, perform a disciplined action.
post #183 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 06:41 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:

Oh, I've dealt with you, enough said.

After two years of reading responses from MLS, after PM discussions with him. I have to think that billatlakegeorge, it is you that have a problem.'

Maybe you should just move on since the amount of work MLS puts into his company had his customer service warrants better respect then you give.

I have a hangover today, maybe this will get rid if it

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #184 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 07:14 AM
Advanced Member

This thread needs to be closed.

The OP expressed his frustration, MLS said he would personally take care of him. All the rest of the posts are bashing either the OP or Mark.
post #185 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 08:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Leggs View Post

This thread is all BS

Maybe I Need to start visiting this forum less and get out and start persuing Buxom brunnettes so I can have something else to play with besides my sound systems (s) and other hobbies.

I always wondered why girls were more fun than speakers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinstripe View Post

This thread needs to be closed.

The OP expressed his frustration, MLS said he would personally take care of him. All the rest of the posts are bashing either the OP or Mark.

Agreed.

My journey to find the "perfect" speaker
Dr. Olive's Blog

No matter what measurements tell us, a loudspeaker isn’t good until it
sounds good. - Dr. Floyd Toole
post #186 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 08:18 AM

I think this thread should stay open until the OP comes back give somemore information. He should be given the opportunity to explain his circumstances. Most of us would like to know why his post is so different from what we know of AV123.
post #187 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 09:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Good Morning All...

My Son In Law Paul was just delivered to the Surgical Suite and now Suzanne and I are in the waiting room area...

I have just spoken with Kyle and he has just read me the ENTIRE e-mail trail here. I think some folks will be very surprised - and others will quietly slip into other threads... and the people that know this company (and me) will inwardly smile...

I personally plan a call to the OP after all of the events of this day are done - and hopefully my "Son" is in recovery... I'm his only "Father" left - and he means the world to me...

I want so badly to reply to a few of the comments here - but this will prove nothing except that my tenacity can sometimes get the best of me...

All the best...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
post #188 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 09:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz38 View Post

I think this thread should stay open until the OP comes back give somemore information. He should be given the opportunity to explain his circumstances. Most of us would like to know why his post is so different from what we know of AV123.

I KNOW WHY... and trust me, so will everyone here once I am done with this and have paid our customer the respect and dignity he is due FIRST...

Best...

mls

Founder and President
av123 / Rocket Loudspeakers
Perpetual Technologies
post #189 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 09:32 AM
wje
AVS Special Member

Mark,

The focus is on your son-in-law, not trying to solve world hunger at the moment in this post. I'm sure we'll all find the results interesting. Meanwhile, get back with your family, where you are needed most.
post #190 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

I SERIOUSLY doubt that your CC was charged for the sub. AFAIK, the sub has never been officially released and like was mentioned above, went through a couple of last minute changes and a plant move which will make for a better product in the long run, but caused the delays you mention.

I'd suggest a switch to the MFW-15, but it's been so incredibly well received, it's on back order as well. It seems that everything they release of late has turned to gold and folks just can't get enough. They can't seem to get out of their own way in that regard I guess.

Look, a sub is no big deal. As long as it plays as deep as you would like with a reasonable amount of SPL's and accuracy, brand doesn't really matter. Besides, AV123 builds cabinets for more than 30 other speaker manufacturers around the world. If you look around you will most certainly see some other manufacturers subs with the same or very similar veneer and finish options.

wow, this thread blew up. I wasn't expecting that.

You're doubts are incorrect. They did charge my CC. They offered to refund it (At my request, not theirs), but again, I want the finish to match as well as the speaker sound. I guess the latter isn't important when it's just a subwoofer. At least from what I've read.
post #191 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 10:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

So, how do you REALLY feel Nuance?

No kidding though.... a simple phone call might go something like this....

Customer: When am I going to receive my X-Plosive sub?
AV123: Well, as you know.... because of a few, that made so much adeau about nothing, we can no longer speculate about release dates. Sorry.
Customer: So, when can I get my sub? I'm getting pretty impatient.
AV123: Until we have product in warehouse, I just can't say. I'm terribly sorry. May I suggest you might want to check offerings from HSU or SVS?
Customer: What about eD? I've heard they're pretty good.
AV123: I've not personally heard the eD subs. Great reputation, but they are in the same situation as we are with regard to back orders I've heard.
Customer: So you don't know when I will get my sub?
AV123: No, sorry.... we can no longer give release/ship dates until we have product in the warehouse. Sorry.
Customer: Ok, please take the charge off my card for the sub.
AV123: There was no charge ON your card for the sub. Only the speakers that shipped and then, only when they shipped. Your CC # is being used to hold your place in line when the X-Plosives are released. Is it your wish that I cancel you from the pre-order list?
Customer: Yes, I guess. But, I'm still upset.
AV123: Again, we are very sorry. But in the long run the changes we made will make the sub even better at no additional cost to our customers. We felt it important to make those changes to please ALL of our customers. Is there anything else we can help you with?

Hey guess what? I've been down that path and I have the emails to prove it. My CC was charged for the entire order. But thanks for assuming I am making this up, or that I'm too stupid to contact AV123 first.

If you're going to get pissy because I brought up my personal experience with this company then you need to get a life.
post #192 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffva View Post

I don't think it's been established that AV123 *sold* a sub to the OP.

Unless you've direct experience in this matter, it would seem fair for you not to make claims such as AV123 selling products, that as you put it, they do not possess.

they you didn't read my entire first post.
post #193 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

Newegg rocks! I just built a quad core PC for my folks and ordered all of my parts from them. Nice!

Judging from their popularity and well received products and customer service, I'd say that they aren't creating problems for themselves. The real problem was created by the OP himself when he supposedly (hasn't been confirmed yet) ordered a product that wasn't in production yet. Did he NEED to do that? NO! It's his fault that he didn't have the patience to wait until the product was finalized and available. There is no one to blame but himself, but instead he created a stupid thread bashing a company.

This applies to ANY company by the way, not just AV123. If a company offers pre-orders on a product not yet available, the buyer is the only one who makes the decision to purchase. Release dates get pushed back sometimes, no matter what the item is. Anyone with common sense knows this. No one forced him to buy then and there.

wow, you obviously have reading comprehension issues. I won't bother replying any further to your pointless trolling.
post #194 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 10:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuance View Post

Too many trolls on these forums, bud. You know what I mean.

You come into my thread and pretend you know the story. Did you even read my entire first post?

Of course you didn't.

You're nothing but a troll.

Get lost.

BTW, I paid for my entire order back in September with the assurances from AV123 that the x-plosiv would be ready in November.

so you don't know WTF you're talking about and should just stop posting now
post #195 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

Excuse me sir, but you seem to be just as guilty by being so quick to cast blame AV123's way. Let's all take a breath for a second, take the gloves off and try and sort through this with cool and collected heads.

First, let's take a look at a few things....
  • AV123 does NOT accept payment in full for items not even released yet
  • If by chance that human error caused him to be charged for the item, a quick phone call would easily have fixed that issue
  • There are several threads on the AV123 forum detailing some recent production issues and their efforts to get them resolved
  • The owner of AV123 openly posts his personal cell number here and on all forums encouraging those with issues to give him a call so that he can get them straightened out

AV123 is not like New Egg. They are not a huge reseller of products and parts. They don't have massive numbers of folks answering the phones, dealing with CS issues and monitoring purchases, back orders or whatever.

They are a small mom and pop business with less than a dozen full time employees that happens to manufacture speakers and electronics and sells them via the internet. Of course, I'm not talking about production employees, but office, warehouse, customer service etc.

So, if the OP was inadvertantly charged for the sub (which I still hold in doubt since.... a firm selling price hasn't even been released yet), a phone call to his rep (the person he had to give his order and CC # to) would have been easy enough to get the charge reversed. Nothing at all hard about that.

The owner of AV123 is passionate about every single one of his customers being 100% happy. He bends WAY over backwards to make certain that those with issues are taken care of promptly and with respect and dignity. Like I mentioned, he posts his cell number often on the forums and encourages those with ANY problems to contact him PERSONALLY to get them resolved.

So, I would suggest, rather than openly bashing AV123 for something they may or more likely may not have done, a phone call to the OP's rep would have been the first order of business. With a call to the owner himself if he felt in some way slighted. To come here and trash the company this way, is wrong IMHO.

But, MY opinion isn't the one that counts. So, I would suggest to the OP to get busy and make a couple of calls. He will be treated fairly and with respect and taken care of.

well you're wrong. AV123 does take money up front. AV123 DID tell me the X-plosiv would be ready by late November. Av123 NEVER contacted me about delays or anything else. I have had to repeatedly contact them for updates on my order.

All you "holier than though" idiots just assume the facts are different then what I presented in my original post. Try reading it instead of assuming what it says.

Do I need to post my entire email chain from av123?

People like you are complete morons and aren't worth my time. I"ll stop replying to the other posts now until I finish reading all 7 pages...
post #196 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Funny... I pre-ordered a X-plosive even before you did, and they didn't charge my credit card.

Maybe they just don't like you.
post #197 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 10:50 AM

Right about now, this link is quite interesting . . .

http://www.beldingskills.com/custome...hell-quiz2.php

In a situation provided with maximum amplification, perform a disciplined action.
post #198 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitznFish View Post

well you're wrong. AV123 does take money up front. AV123 DID tell me the X-plosiv would be ready by late November. Av123 NEVER contacted me about delays or anything else. I have had to repeatedly contact them for updates on my order.

All you "holier than though" idiots just assume the facts are different then what I presented in my original post. Try reading it instead of assuming what it says.

Do I need to post my entire email chain from av123?

People like you are complete morons and aren't worth my time. I"ll stop replying to the other posts now until I finish reading all 7 pages...

I can appreciate and understand your frustration. But it would have been helpful if you had included more information in your opening post and possibly hung around to answer questions.

The issues you raise are valid and you deserve answers from av123. I also believe av123 should be provided an opportunity to respond, once they understand who you are and have the time to research your concerns.

However, I don't believe calling people names as you did above adds to the debate and may in fact cause unnecessary distractions.

MLS has made numerous comments regarding delays in shipping and has accepted responsibility. He's also commented on issues with communication and again accepted responsibility. He has also enumerated steps he's taken and will be taking to address both issues.

Flaming people and companies on Internet forums is not, I believe the best way to resolve our problems.
post #199 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:01 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by biffva View Post

Right about now, this link is quite interesting . . .

http://www.beldingskills.com/custome...hell-quiz2.php

YESSSS!!!!! I am a customer from hell
post #200 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
CitznFish

what are your plans now?
post #201 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:09 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David James View Post

I can appreciate and understand your frustration. But it would have been helpful if you had included more information in your opening post and possibly hung around to answer questions.

The issues you raise are valid and you deserve answers from av123. I also believe av123 should be provided an opportunity to respond, once they understand who you are and have the time to research your concerns.

However, I don't believe calling people names as you did above adds to the debate and may in fact cause unnecessary distractions.

MLS has made numerous comments regarding delays in shipping and has accepted responsibility. He's also commented on issues with communication and again accepted responsibility. He has also enumerated steps he's taken and will be taking to address both issues.

Flaming people and companies on Internet forums is not, I believe the best way to resolve our problems.

I've been called out as a liar, as a troll, and whatever else by these clowns. Moron is the perfect word to describe them, well that and functionally illiterate.

If you read my OP it absolutely infers that I have been in communication with AV123. IT clearly states that I paid for my order in full. And in later threads I made it clear that a refund was offered at one point. I hadn't decided on what route I was going to take. That has been resolved as well. The entire point of this thread was to voice my irritation with AV123's customer service in handling this subwoofer issue and asking "what would you do next?".

These clowns have made assumptions that aren't true and ran with it.

end of story.
post #202 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:13 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 661 Post(s)
Liked: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by CitznFish View Post

People like you are complete morons and aren't worth my time.

And yet you took the time to reply to him.

I'm gonna have to go make some popcorn and wait for this thread to develop further.
post #203 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:15 AM

This looks like a good place to jump in.

Well, it looks like we've come to the bottom of this. The OP was indeed charged, and it appears that he selected a special finish option, by his own admission. As Mark said earlier, one of the "special cases" where the card will be charged at the time of order is...special finish options. So there you go.

(Note to self: delivery dates may change on products that are in a prototype stage of development until the product is actually ready and shipping. Who knew there may actually be issues that come up at the last minute? That never happens.)

I'm sure the OP has learned his lesson with regard to pre-ordering items. I've pre-ordered many things, and many times they have been pushed back by weeks or even months. It was a risk I was willing to take. And yes, sometimes you as a customer have to take the initiative and find out for yourself what's going on with a product under development. As others have mentioned, there are many resources at ********** for that very purpose. I've read their forums, and I've never even purchased a single thing from them. I knew what was going on with all of their products. As a paying customer, the one thing you must arm yourself with is information. It's generally more efficient for a company to post information in a central place regarding developing products.
post #204 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:16 AM

Hey CitznFish -

Don't take it so personal. The snotty, snide, and sarcastic replies on this forum are just par for the course. You have to learn to filter it.

Hang in there, the AVS honcho will straighten it out.
post #205 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:18 AM

This is old now. Even if his credit card was charged, The OP himself admitted he was offered a refund. He chose not to take it!!!! Case closed. This was a product "in development" and it ran into delays. This won't be the first or last time.

AV123 obviously has a tremendous reputation. Their products are receiving wonderful reviews from customers and professional critics alike. I would rather they take longer on delivery than rush a product to avoid delivery complaints. I'm sorry the OP was not happy with the experience, but no company is perfect. He was offered a solution, chose not to take it, then publicly wants to rant about how bad the company is. Like I said, this post is old.
post #206 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by d red View Post

This is old now. Even if his credit card was charged, The OP himself admitted he was offered a refund. He chose not to take it!!!! Case closed. This was a product "in development" and it ran into delays. This won't be the first or last time.

AV123 obviously has a tremendous reputation. Their products are receiving wonderful reviews from customers and professional critics alike. I would rather they take longer on delivery than rush a product to avoid delivery complaints. I'm sorry the OP was not happy with the experience, but no company is perfect. He was offered a solution, chose not to take it, then publicly wants to rant about how bad the company is. Like I said, this post is old.

The best synopsis I've read yet. Well said.
post #207 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfromcanada View Post

CitznFish

what are your plans now?

Right now it's to wait longer because I want the finishes to match since all my speakers are exposed, and I had selected a custom veneer for the subwoofer.

I am not a speaker fanatic. I can't tell you the details about cones or wave lengths or anything like that. I thought I needed the subwoofer to be matched to the wood of the other speakers. Apparently that isn't the case with subwoofers. (shows how little I know) I am just a consumer who wanted really nice speakers and was frustrated with the lack of updates about the product I ordered that was supposed to be delivered already, but is still in development.

I don't think AV123 is a "bad" company. I think they do strive for excellent customer service. However, keeping customers in the dark about products they already paid for and expected to already have received is not acceptable to me. I'm sure I'm a rarity for AV123 but that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to voice my irritations on a public forum.

I told my story. People chose to read their own reality into it and bash me for it. Then they bash me because I wasn't responding during Easter weekend. Those particular clowns need to get a life.

I don't even care if the CEO calls me or not. That isn't going to change the situation. Kyle their CS rep knows what I'm doing next.

Again, this was all about a lack of communication from seller to client. No more, no less.

I'd even consider buying from av123 again, but it would have to be an item in stock.
post #208 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by d red View Post

if I take a refund then the wood will not match my other speakers. And I can't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure I'm the one who brought up a refund and they said they would be willing to do it. Again, I'd have to check my email threds with Kyle, but that's how I remember it.

edit: Yup, I initiated the request for a refund as an option, not them. (not that it matters, but some here are implying that av123 offered the refund when I in fact gave them a refund as an acceptable option)
post #209 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:41 AM

i read 7.5 pages, and saw, once again, the whole shenanigans of 'communication' (or lack of) displayed between the client and the company AND between the members of this forum...

CitznFish, I re-read your OP and my recommendation would be 'waiting more' until you get your sub.

If this experience left you a bitter taste, never look back again & try a different manufacturer/company. It is YOUR $$ after all...

And as some people already said, try to filter most of the things written in this thread. Most of them are plain garbage depending on tons of assumptions...
post #210 of 466 Old 03-24-2008, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Heh. Mint, just mint.

I've got to laugh, inwardly, at all the folks that pulled the OP up as a troll. The cries of "oh no, they don't charge the CC card" and my insistence to actually take the OP words in good faith is feeling pretty good right now. Guess my team just scored.
Closed Thread Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page