Burmester 007 new 8/01 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2001, 03:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

at Burmester's hp I found some info about the new released 007 surround-processor. The unit has built in upsampling for all channels! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif
http://www.burmester.de/english/comp...007_infos.html

Best regards, Walter

------------------
Graz, home town of the Terminator...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2001, 05:22 AM

Anything by Burmester is to die for. The description is a little unclear though. It states that it has multi-channel amplification. I doubt that Burmester would build a receiver so they must mean that it has multi-channel outputs. How many though, 5,7, or 8? I would guess that, being Burmester, the cost is somewhere in the neighborhood of a fully decked out Casablanca or Meridian processor. Also, being Burmester, I would guess that sonically it will blow them both out of the water.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-16-2001, 05:39 AM - Thread Starter

It contains a preamp section as usual, which works in balanced mode - for optimum XLR output quality.

I am a Theta lover and I assume that the 007 will not blow the Casablanca away - but is an interesting alternative.

I assume that it will be shown in the mid of June at the High End fair in Frankfurt/Germany.

------------------

post #4 of 4 Old 05-16-2001, 03:36 PM
Advanced Member

They did a 5-ch demonstration at CES 2001, not sure if this piece was included. It doesn't sound like part of BM's reference line, but is sure to be killer. Up there with BoulderAmp's processor and ML too.

If you read the page carefully, sounds like it is a 5-ch unit now, b/c it is a 'modular design' which is upgradable 'to DD EX 6.1 and DTS 6.1 up to 7.1 standards'. It also has only 5.1 balanced outputs, but 'prepared for 7.1'.

When they say balanced amplification, they mean low level signal I'm assuming. I believe pre-amps still have small amplifiers in them and they are just trying to say that the topology is fully balanced.. ?

I'm shocked to not see AES/EBU, ATT glass, or other types of digital inputs. Nor does it sound like the unit has balanced analog inputs, but who knows..

BM sound at CES was phenominal, 2nd or 3rd best at show. If this was the pre-amp unit, watch out!

Rob

------------------
Migliore Theater

[This message has been edited by migliore (edited 05-16-2001).]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Closed Thread Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page