The OFFICIAL Emotiva Speaker Owner's thread! - Page 20 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #571 of 582 Old 05-29-2013, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone tried the new Stealth 8's or 6's? I just posted my NHT Classice 4 system on my local Craigslist, as soon as they sell I'll be picking up a pair to try out. My vision is Stealth 8's front and rear, I'm guessing a 8 for the center and possibly Stealth 6's for side. I've got a Sunfire Theater Grand pre/pro with balanced outputs which will match up nicely.

Sunfire Theater Grand IV, Emotiva Stealth 8, Adam powered monitors, Epik sub, Oppo DVD, Parts Express 15 sub kit, Epson projector...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 582 Old 11-21-2013, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 950
Tell me about the XRT 6.2.

Worth the price?

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/speakers/products/xrt62

What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got little save pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angel trumpets and devil trombones. You are invited.
post #573 of 582 Old 11-21-2013, 11:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by eljr View Post

Tell me about the XRT 6.2.

Worth the price?

http://shop.emotiva.com/collections/speakers/products/xrt62
I've never heard those particular model speakers but I have owned all of their reference line at one time or another. I still own some of them. I currently have the ERT 8.3 reference towers with an ERM 6.3 center and ERD-1 surrounds. I also have a pair of bookshelf ERM-1's in the bedroom. I love the tweeter - which they all share with the XRT-6.2's you are interested in. IMO they make some good speakers.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #574 of 582 Old 12-16-2013, 09:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 101
I thought I'd bump this thread for some interesting news about Emotiva speakers - they've just announced a new line of speakers to be released somewhere around springtime according to Emotiva. The Emo Lounge has a thread going about it and the podcast released by Emotiva earlier today. They also announced the pending XMC-1 will be 'built in America'. Good news for Emotiva and American workers. Every job helps. As for the 'built in America' - maybe - kinda - sorta - but we all know China will probably produce a lot of the components that mount on PCB boards etc. They did announce that PCB assembly would be in California so there is quite a bit of work done here. I applaud that move - I'd like to see them make these new speakers in the USA but one step at a time.

I've owned a set of their speakers - the ERT 8.3 towers - 6.3 center and ERD surrounds for a few years now. If the new speakers are anything like my ERT's they should be something. The new speakers will have a ribbon ribbon tweeter - the same as from the AirMotiv active speaker line.

I've been toying around with the idea of buying some Salk Song Towers with the regular tweeter but the idea of a 3 way ribbon tweeter in a tower sounds interesting.

Seems like interesting times when a company so heavily involved with manufacturing things in China for many years has decided to assemble everything in-house - offhand the only company I know of building a major electronics package in the USA.

When all else fails - RTFM!

♫♫♫ Two Channel Rules! ♫♫♫

GO SEAHAWKS!!!
post #575 of 582 Old 12-26-2013, 10:51 AM

Id like to go with 5. Stealth 8's
For the front and rear , 2. Stealth 6's for the sides. Also to handle bass duty, I was thinking of going with two subs, HSU 15".
I need suggestions on a pre/pro priced under 1k .
How do you think this setup would sound?

Thanks
post #576 of 582 Old 12-26-2013, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 71
It would sound great,

Dumb enough to spend lots of cash on this junk!
post #577 of 582 Old 12-28-2013, 10:23 AM

Another question I have about the Stealth 8 & 6's, Since these are powered monitors, whenever they are being used , obviously you are using electricity. So this adds. To your power bill. How much concern would this be for you if you owned these speakers? Would you think your electric bill would go up too much? Just wondering on this issue. Thanks for the feedback.

TroyH
post #578 of 582 Old 12-28-2013, 11:04 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1070 Post(s)
Liked: 1518
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyh4 View Post

Another question I have about the Stealth 8 & 6's, Since these are powered monitors, whenever they are being used , obviously you are using electricity. So this adds. To your power bill. How much concern would this be for you if you owned these speakers? Would you think your electric bill would go up too much? Just wondering on this issue. Thanks for the feedback.

TroyH

I think you'll find that all amplifiers, regardless of whether they are located in the speakers, in the AVR or in the external amps, will use electricity ;)

post #579 of 582 Old 01-04-2014, 02:03 PM

Okay I am in serious need of some help. My basic set up is a 5.1 I just ordered another amp to upgrade to 7.1. also ordered the uaw8.2 in walls for rears. My intial plan was to replace my xrm4.1 with the uaw8.2 for surrounds sides and order the uac 8.2 for the rears, but in the end decided to keep the xrm's on the side walls due to emotiva being out of stock of the uac8.2's. I need help on where to place my rears now. My set up is I have vaulted ceilings where the rears will go and this is the only place I can put them the back wall is in the kitchen which connects to the ceiling if that makes sense, I will post pic later im at work now. Is it okay to use the in wall speakers on the vaulted ceiling for in ceiling, they will be facing the seating position and i can point the tweeter or are the in wall strictly for side walls, how do you guys think it would look. Also which direction is best vertical or horizontal. Another option would be to just take my xrm 4.1's down and use the uaw8.2 for the side walls and just buy the uac6.2 for the vaulted ceiling but i fear i might sacrifice sound taking down my xrm's. Just looking for help before I cut into my walls and hear my wife's nagging want to make sure of the best option.
Will their be a problem considering the uaw 8.2 have no backing with them in the ceiling, is their some type of cover i can buy for the speaker being exposed, dust and things(insulation) from the attick could clog the speaker up causing it not to perform well right or am i reaching?
post #580 of 582 Old 02-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Upcoming Emotiva Pro Stealth 88's?

Very interested in these... if they get to the market. Other than what's in this thread on the Emotiva Lounge, does anyone have any more details/info on the vaunted Stealth 88?

Apparently this will be a dual woofer version of the Stealth 8 with more powerful (3 x 300W?) amps. Extrapolating from the Stealth 8 specs, one of them may be able to achieve 115dBSPL at 1m in half space.

If they come to fruition, three 88's for LCR along with a couple of pairs of Stealth 6's hooked up to a pre/pro like the Onkyo PR-SC5509 could make for a pretty formidable system in a moderate sized HT.

Any more info fellas? Further thoughts? Any rumours or rampant speculation? biggrin.gif
post #581 of 582 Old 02-06-2014, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 322
^ ^ Going... going...
post #582 of 582 Old 02-08-2014, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 37
^ This is really a dead Thread but I whole heartily agree with you on purchasing three Stealth 88's for the front and moving my pair of Stealth 6's for surround duty. smile.gif

OPPO BETA GROUP
Reply Speakers

Tags
Emotiva , Emotiva Audio Corporation

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page