Untrained ears... B&W 683s or CM7 - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 32 Old 10-30-2013, 08:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello there,

bumping a really old thread here, since i'm also trying to decide between several b&w's.

I will try to audition them myself but has anyone compared the CM8's (didn't exist when this topic was hot) to the 683's? They're only slightly more expensive on my local online dealer, and look waaaay better (and yes my girlfriend gets a say in this, it's her living room too smile.gif ).

Many people still seem to prefer the 683s.

Oh yes, i'm "upgrading" from Jamo S708's, which can be described as: cheap but powerful, not very refined, ideal for a 16 year old who wants to throw a party in his room (i.e. me ten years ago). So maybe i'm too new to this to really hear a difference, and the upgrade will be that big that it really doesn't matter?

I've got a Denon AVR 2313. If you want to look it up and you're from the americas, then i suggest you use the UK site, as this model does not exist across the ocean. It is NOT the same as the 2313CI found in the US, Canada, ...

cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 10-30-2013, 08:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualky View Post

Hello there,

bumping a really old thread here, since i'm also trying to decide between several b&w's.

I will try to audition them myself but has anyone compared the CM8's (didn't exist when this topic was hot) to the 683's? They're only slightly more expensive on my local online dealer, and look waaaay better (and yes my girlfriend gets a say in this, it's her living room too smile.gif ).

Many people still seem to prefer the 683s.

Oh yes, i'm "upgrading" from Jamo S708's, which can be described as: cheap but powerful, not very refined, ideal for a 16 year old who wants to throw a party in his room (i.e. me ten years ago). So maybe i'm too new to this to really hear a difference, and the upgrade will be that big that it really doesn't matter?

I've got a Denon AVR 2313. If you want to look it up and you're from the americas, then i suggest you use the UK site, as this model does not exist across the ocean. It is NOT the same as the 2313CI found in the US, Canada, ...

cheers!

My local dealer has them both hooked up side by side. The CM8s are worlds better to my ears.
Qualky likes this.
Reply Speakers