The Official Bose Sucks STICKY Thread! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 26 Old 05-20-2008, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The whole point of this damn forum is to help people right? Can we make it easier to inform people that buying the Mercedes of speakers is really like buying a 1981 VW Bug for the price of the Mercedes? Should we not educate these poor bastards? I mean we sticky all the good stuff to buy right?

Really I just want my name on a sticky but hey if it helps somebody than I suppose thats good to. I think everybody should post 1 reason why "Bose Sucks" and then we'll create a giant banner at the top of the avs forum with a HUGE FONT for all the world to see! IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS!!! And in the future all bose questions will be pointed to that sticky and if anyone asks a question outside that sticky they shall be whipped with monster cables!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 05-20-2008, 06:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Here comes the crap shoot. !!!!

One shall stand... One Shall Fall... - Optimus Prime
post #3 of 26 Old 05-20-2008, 07:17 PM

Liked: 10
Well I think the base sucks and they are over priced... I don't know
post #4 of 26 Old 05-20-2008, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Isn't there already a huge thread about this subject? That said...

Bose's primary problem is value or lack thereof. Bose is the absolute antithesis of the wonderful, value-for-dollar ID industry.

One of the things that has always bugged me about Bose, is that they could actually live up to their own hype if they wanted to. I'm sure they have the financial and technological means to produce fine products. Instead they wallow in high profit margin mediocrity. Oh well, whatever makes a buck I guess.
post #5 of 26 Old 05-20-2008, 08:03 PM
AVS Special Member

......, nah!

10' from 84" screen.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 26 Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
terrible thread
post #7 of 26 Old 05-20-2008, 08:48 PM

Liked: 12
Yeah, my boss at the office sucks, that's for sure, no need for sticky.
post #8 of 26 Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsum View Post

Yeah, my boss at the office sucks, that's for sure, no need for sticky.

You probably have a "Bose Boss". That's one who thinks they are great, but are overpaid, full of crap, and annoying to listen to.
dctrombly likes this.
post #9 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 04:39 AM

You fellows just haven't heard a properly set up Bose system.

You will be amazed at how they open up with a Krell processor and a 500 watt per channel amp. You will need to treat your room to compensate for the missing frequencies. Do not forget to add a good 18" sub like the HGS18 THX.
You should also spend at least $1000 on new wires to replace the ones included in the package.
post #10 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 05:49 AM

Liked: 14
I think a "Bose Sucks" sticky is a great idea! You have my full support.
post #11 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraxoin View Post

You probably have a "Bose Boss". That's one who thinks they are great, but are overpaid, full of crap, and annoying to listen to.

LOL!
post #12 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 05:59 AM
AVS Special Member

This will not end well.
post #13 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 06:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

I think a "Bose Sucks" sticky is a great idea! You have my full support.

Not being an attorney by profession, would there be any legal ramifications if a high profile site like AVS allowed a thread like this?

"Man plans, God laughs"
post #14 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 06:04 AM

Dweebs.
post #15 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 07:21 AM
Advanced Member

Why all the hate for Bose? I never really cared for their products and myself would never buy them, but I have no reason to hate them or say they suck. They just cater to a different kind of customer than myself. Personally I think there are a lot of stupider things that one could spend their money on that a set of Bose speakers. I'd say the guy that spent $2k on a power cord or set of RCAs got a lot less for his money than the guy buying a LifeStyle System.

The cube systems basically pioneered the HTIB and do it pretty well. Every day there are new threads on this board with people asking, what speakers should I get, should I get thins center or that, what receiver should I hook it to....etc. Not everyone wants to deal with that. Some people are content with paying a premium to just walk in the store grab one box and walk out. Inside everything is color coded and very user friendly. The system is better than their tv speakers, provides a surround experience, and is wife friendly with small easily concealable speakers.

There is a lot of equipment that is popular on this board that I think "sucks", (DefTech comes to mind...), but for the most part I just keep it to myself. If it sounds good to you, great! You're the one buying it, not me and you're the one listening to it, not me, so get what ever you want. I think a lot of people like to talk trash about BOSE, Monster, and others because it makes them feel better about their own purchases. Monster is no different than AudioQuest or any of the other guys making "high end" cables....

Alright.... end rant.

MODs, please close this thread.

Joe Zoz
Leon Speakers

post #16 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 07:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Liked: 30
Another BOSE thread is just a dumb thread and drunkpengiun knew exactly what he was doing when he created the thread

Quote:

Why all the hate for Bose?

Because people can be jackassEs towards something that has no remote relevance to their world and their day to day life. It kind of like people showing hatred towards gay marriage, religion in politics, legality of prostitution and/or drugs. They have a strong opinion even though their exposure is ZERO percent meaning they the actuaL way of life/product/service/law has ZERO impact on their day to day lives. I believe that people without exposure, without any impact should just not say anything because it serves no purpose to post simple dumb hatred.

More or less, no one has to like BOSE ( I dont like BOSE ONLY because of the price) but STFU about hating it and posting about that. I have seen what people own and where they live, hating BOSE is the least of their problems!! (did I say that too loud ? )

I believe AVS should just lock it down now before it gets really nasty...oh wait...I just started the nastiness!!!

It is not "open-minded" to reject knowledge - Bob Lee
post #17 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozvz View Post

Not being an attorney by profession, would there be any legal ramifications if a high profile site like AVS allowed a thread like this?

I wouldn't think so....though perhaps. It would be sad if there were legal ramifications as that would censoring opinions. Then again, Consumer Reports was sued.

I like Ice Cream!
post #18 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 08:21 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageMcRamage View Post

I wouldn't think so....though perhaps. It would be sad if there were legal ramifications as that would censoring opinions. Then again, Consumer Reports was sued.

Correct.. And that is my point about a sticky, which in a sense, maybe in a court of law, in an indirect manner endorses AVS's viewpoint on the Bose paraphrase. Do we have an attorney on retainer here at AVS??

Personally I have nothing against Bose. People attack it constantly here, there, everywhere it seems, but they continue to thrive in the marketplace as their marketing and product lines fit the masses.

AVS is NOT really for the average person unless they are a newbie and stumble upon the site. Bose threads come up here far to often IMO, but I still sometimes contribute. I truly think it's a positive when people do educate themselves in any purchase and AVS has that advantage. My father in law and brother in law love their Bose stuff and are quite happy with their Wave Radio's. At one time in my life I owned 501's, 901's and an Acoustimass system due to my wife's aesthetic tastes and very small room. It was just an education in this hobby.

Today, my equipment is much different, but Bose worked for me when it fit my lifestyle and educational level in audio.

"Man plans, God laughs"
post #19 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 21
I think a lot of it has to do with levity. Most on here know Bose is a bit overpriced in relation to quality, and poke fun of them accordingly. I do that from time to time as well, especially with my co-worker, who owns a Wave Radio. In real world terms, Bose products do not sound bad.

I like Ice Cream!
post #20 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkpenguin View Post

The whole point of this damn forum is to help people right? Can we make it easier to inform people that buying the Mercedes of speakers is really like buying a 1981 VW Bug for the price of the Mercedes? Should we not educate these poor bastards? I mean we sticky all the good stuff to buy right?

Really I just want my name on a sticky but hey if it helps somebody than I suppose thats good to. I think everybody should post 1 reason why "Bose Sucks" and then we'll create a giant banner at the top of the avs forum with a HUGE FONT for all the world to see! IT SHALL BE GLORIOUS!!! And in the future all bose questions will be pointed to that sticky and if anyone asks a question outside that sticky they shall be whipped with monster cables!

What kind of speakers do you own?

Russ
post #21 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 08:29 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzoz01 View Post

Why all the hate for Bose?

Please give an example of a thread where someone claimed to hate Bose, as I have never seen one. Merely pointing out that their products suck (especially for the price) in no way implies hating them.
post #22 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PULLIAMM View Post

Please give an example of a thread where someone claimed to hate Bose, as I have never seen one. Merely pointing out that their products suck (especially for the price) in no way implies hating them.

I think the fact that some one would try to make a sticky "BOSE SUCKS" proves my point.

Joe Zoz
Leon Speakers

post #23 of 26 Old 05-21-2008, 08:52 AM
AVS Special Member

A viewpoint from Slate Mag about the usage of the word "Sucks."

http://www.slate.com/id/2146866/

"Man plans, God laughs"
post #24 of 26 Old 11-04-2013, 12:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbs1 View Post

worst ****ing company ever im pissed i spent like 1000$ ****ing dollars on them because i had enough money to spend on speakers at the time then after like 7 months of having them they stop ****ing working properly so i send it back to them then they send me it back in worse condition then when i sent it into them AGAIN they said they would send me a hole new system then they send me back a different system than the one i paid for and when they sent it back they ****ing forgot 3 cables that go with it then i call them and tell them they forgot the cables then they are like oh sorry we'll send you the cables then they sent me the cables that attatch to 3 of the speakers and forgot to send me the other 2 and also the cable that goes from the base module to the receiver so i call them again then they told me they would ****ing send me the cables then they only sent me 2 cables for the rear speakers and FORGOT THE ****ING CABLE THAT GOES TO THE RECEIVER FOR **** SAKES RAHAAK:HFAKJHFJKA:HFHFDJL:S DALSJD:HJKFH RAHHHH

This is the longest and angriest run-on sentence I have ever read.

Welcome to AVS wink.gif

Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.
post #25 of 26 Old 11-04-2013, 01:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt7153 View Post

This is the longest and angriest run-on sentence I have ever read.

Welcome to AVS wink.gif

Agreed...And you forgot to mention the thread itself is ~5 1/2 yrs old...tongue.gif

Old Indian proverb: We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, but we borrow it from our children!

Ascend Acoustics (NrT)Towers, STC w RAAL, 200 SE in espresso
54" of Panasonic Bliss, Anthem MRX 300
Sony BDP-S380, TechnicsCD player, Apple TV
PSA XS30 SE in Cordovan Cherry
post #26 of 26 Old 11-04-2013, 01:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
You want to know about Bose? CLICK HERE>>>>Your father's stereo blows? <<<<<<<< biggrin.gif
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page