Decent speaker stands for Samsung HT-AS720 speakers? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 06-03-2008, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Not sure if this is the right forum to post in, if not, mods, please move it.

So I just got a Samsung HT-AS720 HTIB system and it's great. The only problem I got now is that I have no real place to put the front two speakers without either a stand or wallmount.

I'd prefer not to wall mount as I am living in an apt and chances of moving out soon are possible.

Floor stands would be good since I have space for it. I don't have really any idea what would be a good kind of floor stand for these speakers. The speakers are about 4 lbs each and it's dimensions are 3.9" W x 11" H x 3.8" D. There are no screw/mounts on the bottom, only the back of the speakers.

So what would be a good a good/decent stand for them? I'd probably spend about $50 for a pair of stands.

Thanks

Edit: Well I did some research and I saw this one here.

Does anyone have this stand? If so, can you tell me how big the "L" shape bracket is? I am looking for the dimensions so I can be sure my speaker would fit that.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-03-2008, 04:33 PM

I am also interested in this, as I am in the same situation with a similair budget, and the same sound system. Perhaps posting in the HTIB section will help?

Gamer Tag: Democrat4life
post #3 of 7 Old 06-04-2008, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo3rules View Post

I am also interested in this, as I am in the same situation with a similair budget, and the same sound system. Perhaps posting in the HTIB section will help?

Yeah, maybe I should...but I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Sanus system stands. Buy.com had em for $43.99 while other places were $59.99 or higher.

The only concern I had ordering from buy.com was that it didn't exactly specify whether it came with 1 or 2 stands. I figured it has to come with two as the UPC matches that of other sites and all of those sites sell em in pairs.

Also I'm still not sure how tall the "L" bracket is in the back, but I hope it will be tall enough for the AS720 speakers.

I will post an update once I set these up.
post #4 of 7 Old 08-25-2008, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

how did u make out with the stands? i just ordered the same htib and i too want some good stands...let me know how it went
post #5 of 7 Old 01-07-2009, 12:14 AM

You ever have luck with those stands?
post #6 of 7 Old 01-10-2009, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Yes those stands I listed ended up being really nice. I wanted to get a 2nd set but the price jumped up last time I looked at it so I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

The base is heavy which is nice, providing a sturdy foundation. The poles holding the speaker are also pretty heavy and solid.

The L bracket ended up working fairly well w/ the AS720 speakers. The AS720 speakers are shaped with a slight angle at the bottom of the speaker which made it a little bit unflush w/ the L bracket but it still holds in place very well.

Overall very satisfied w/ the speaker stands and I will look into buying a 2nd set if I can score a good deal.
post #7 of 7 Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 67
I have the same HTiB so I am going to invest in speaker stands some time as well. How high do the ones you bought go? I want some for my rear speakers and I want them higher than ear level and adjustable so they can angle downward. Can yours do that?
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page