rocket setup question - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-14-2008, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My sub finally came so I am trying to setup my system.

Fronts I have 850 sigs, bigfoot and a mfw-15. rears are a pair of the 250s

Receiver is an onkyo 805. I ran audyssey and now I have a couple questions. I've read to set everything to 80hz crossovers, is this correct? I changed every speaker to 80hz, including the sub. I've also read people that have bumped their subs to 120 hz and their fronts down to 50hz.

I really have no idea as this is my first real system and I have no knowledge on how to set it up correctly. Are there any other settings I am supposed to change or adjust? I did a search but came up with little info. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-14-2008, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I don't have your speakers but based on specs I have heard, I think you could use these crossover settings in your Onkyo TX-SR805 as a starting point:

Front: 60Hz
Center: 80Hz
Surround: 80Hz
LPF of LFE: 120Hz
Double Bass: Off

I actually do have an MFW-15. You should be running a subwoofer cable into its R line input or the LFE jack. Try the LFE jack as it's supposed to bypass the crossover in the sub. If you run into the line input on the back of the subwoofer then turn the crossover dial to its highest setting. Start with the gain at about 9 o'clock in a smaller room then bump it up if needed. For example, if Audyssey boosts the sub level to +10, then the gain on the subwoofer amplifier is too low.

When I set up my speakers I used an SPL meter, my laptop, and Room EQ Wizard software. If you have the inclination and patience, it may be worth looking into it.

Upstairs: Epson 8500UB | Onkyo TX-SR805 | DVDO Edge | DefTech PowerMonitor 700 | ProCenter 2000 | BP2X | AV123 MFW-15 | Onkyo DV-HD805 | Sony PS3 | Pro-Ject 1Xpression III
Downstairs: Panasonic TC-P60VT60 | Onkyo TX-NR818 | Pioneer SP-FS52 | SP-C22 | SP-B22 | MartinLogan Dynamo | Sony BDP-S5100 | Xbox 360 S
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page