The Official Usher Audio Owners Thread - Page 19 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #541 of 560 Old 06-20-2016, 12:08 AM
Member
 
Griller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyula Weeber View Post
Can you share a photo of your setup? especially about the cabling at the back...


I searching for streamer for my TIDAL use - any recommendation? Currently, I leaning towards Bluesound Node2... But OPPO 103 seems to have the online streaming function as well? Any experience?
Most of my streaming is from the U.S. via AppleTV and Amazon via VPN and a computer or Slingbox. I also have a Roku. These are all used mostly for video.

For audio my preferred alternative is the really old big black CD's about a foot in diameter. I also have CD's I've ripped ALAC to my computer that I stream over my local network. I do have a couple of bluetooth speakers I stream Amazon Music, iTunes, and a few other things, but that does not bring the best quality and is more casual, like cooking in the kitchen or getting ready in the morning. If you are looking for quality I've given up on streaming. Tidal is worth a shot but I am unwilling to pay that kind of coin for it so have no experience with it.

Have you checked out Syntrend downtown? They have lots of music and audio to play with. If you are in Taipei I know a few others....我會給你介紹一下。

As far as cabling, it's ugly back there and I'd give someone a heart attack. I have: Xbox, Wii, 2 turntables, 5 amps, AVR, phono pre amps, a TV, 2 pairs of front mains, a center channel, surrounds, Apple TV, Roku, laptop, DAC, Ethernet switch, Vonage adapter, phone, and a dedicated Audio-only pre-amp. It's absolute spaghetti back there and not recommended for small children or pets. I had a friend bring his dog over once and the dog wandered behind the rack and was never seen again. Amazingly I have no ground loops so far, and yes, it's far from ideal but, space, you know?

As far as wiring, for me it goes Roku>AVR>amp>speaker or Computer>DAC>Pre-amp>amp>speaker or something similar. It depends on the signal and how much I expect from it.

Last edited by Griller; 06-20-2016 at 12:20 AM.
Griller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #542 of 560 Old 06-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griller View Post
Most of my streaming is from the U.S. via AppleTV and Amazon via VPN and a computer or Slingbox. I also have a Roku. These are all used mostly for video.

For audio my preferred alternative is the really old big black CD's about a foot in diameter. I also have CD's I've ripped ALAC to my computer that I stream over my local network. I do have a couple of bluetooth speakers I stream Amazon Music, iTunes, and a few other things, but that does not bring the best quality and is more casual, like cooking in the kitchen or getting ready in the morning. If you are looking for quality I've given up on streaming. Tidal is worth a shot but I am unwilling to pay that kind of coin for it so have no experience with it.

Have you checked out Syntrend downtown? They have lots of music and audio to play with. If you are in Taipei I know a few others....我會給你介紹一下。

As far as cabling, it's ugly back there and I'd give someone a heart attack. I have: Xbox, Wii, 2 turntables, 5 amps, AVR, phono pre amps, a TV, 2 pairs of front mains, a center channel, surrounds, Apple TV, Roku, laptop, DAC, Ethernet switch, Vonage adapter, phone, and a dedicated Audio-only pre-amp. It's absolute spaghetti back there and not recommended for small children or pets. I had a friend bring his dog over once and the dog wandered behind the rack and was never seen again. Amazingly I have no ground loops so far, and yes, it's far from ideal but, space, you know?

As far as wiring, for me it goes Roku>AVR>amp>speaker or Computer>DAC>Pre-amp>amp>speaker or something similar. It depends on the signal and how much I expect from it.
Thanks,

Wow, you must have an impressive set... maybe its my future?

I realized that the built in DAC for Bluesound might be not balanced with the other parts of the system - I checked some forums, seems L.K.S MH-DA003, Aune S16 and Gustard X20 is highly recommended and within my price range. Or you have any opinion about Usher CD-7 Mark II? it has built in DAC...

Do you know any place where you can rent some DAC? I would prefer to try them on my system...
Gyula Weeber is offline  
post #543 of 560 Old 06-23-2016, 11:16 PM
Member
 
Griller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyula Weeber View Post
Thanks,

Wow, you must have an impressive set... maybe its my future?

I realized that the built in DAC for Bluesound might be not balanced with the other parts of the system - I checked some forums, seems L.K.S MH-DA003, Aune S16 and Gustard X20 is highly recommended and within my price range. Or you have any opinion about Usher CD-7 Mark II? it has built in DAC...

Do you know any place where you can rent some DAC? I would prefer to try them on my system...
My system took 10 years to get where it is. It doesn't happen overnight and it is constantly changing.

I have heard the Usher CD and it doesn't do anything special for me. I would recommend listening to lots of different manufacturers. There are a few audio shows throughout the year, I recommend going to them to see what strikes you. For me, I have a soft spot for Balanced Audio Technology, Michell, Ayre, Pass Labs, and a few others. As a caveat my system is really built to take advantage of the analog domain so it is probably not your cup of tea. I really should invest in a DAC but the one I want is the Ayre QB9 and I haven't convinced myself it's worth it. I would rather get a turbocharger for the Miata! Seriously, listen at other dealers, everyone you can find. Something will strike you. If you need something now to get by, get something cheap to last until you get the one you really want. The DACs I am using right now are a Dragonfly and an HRT Music Streamer. Both illustrate how far DACs have come in the last several years, putting DACs over 5 years old to shame with ease. I am sure I am leaving money on the table in DAC performance, but I am unwilling to take a half-step and too cheap to take the full step to an all-out, no holds barred DAC. You can get a surprising amount of performance for not much money, but there are others that have far more experience than I on the digital side of the house, especially regarding DACs.

You may want to look at Audiogon.com for used gear. I have used it several times, all with good results. You can get quality used audio gear for a significant discount IF you can find someone willing to ship internationally. Use an escrow company to protect yourself and reassure the seller. The problem is you have to know in advance what you want as you usually cannot audition the gear.

I have never heard of anybody renting DACs. Some places will let you audition at home if you are serious but those are few and far between and you will likely need to be willing to spend tens of thousands of NT.

Good luck on your hunt and if you find something that works well with the Ushers please let us know!

Aloha,

G
Griller is offline  
 
post #544 of 560 Old 06-24-2016, 12:33 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griller View Post
My system took 10 years to get where it is. It doesn't happen overnight and it is constantly changing.

I have heard the Usher CD and it doesn't do anything special for me. I would recommend listening to lots of different manufacturers. There are a few audio shows throughout the year, I recommend going to them to see what strikes you. For me, I have a soft spot for Balanced Audio Technology, Michell, Ayre, Pass Labs, and a few others. As a caveat my system is really built to take advantage of the analog domain so it is probably not your cup of tea. I really should invest in a DAC but the one I want is the Ayre QB9 and I haven't convinced myself it's worth it. I would rather get a turbocharger for the Miata! Seriously, listen at other dealers, everyone you can find. Something will strike you. If you need something now to get by, get something cheap to last until you get the one you really want. The DACs I am using right now are a Dragonfly and an HRT Music Streamer. Both illustrate how far DACs have come in the last several years, putting DACs over 5 years old to shame with ease. I am sure I am leaving money on the table in DAC performance, but I am unwilling to take a half-step and too cheap to take the full step to an all-out, no holds barred DAC. You can get a surprising amount of performance for not much money, but there are others that have far more experience than I on the digital side of the house, especially regarding DACs.

You may want to look at Audiogon.com for used gear. I have used it several times, all with good results. You can get quality used audio gear for a significant discount IF you can find someone willing to ship internationally. Use an escrow company to protect yourself and reassure the seller. The problem is you have to know in advance what you want as you usually cannot audition the gear.

I have never heard of anybody renting DACs. Some places will let you audition at home if you are serious but those are few and far between and you will likely need to be willing to spend tens of thousands of NT.

Good luck on your hunt and if you find something that works well with the Ushers please let us know!

Aloha,

G
I don't have any CD's or Vinyl at the moment - that's why I need DAC and streamer. Actually, Auralic CEO just replies to me personally, I was a bit surprised. Seems he is coming to Taipei next week.

I'll research and report I was thinking to write about the Amp anyway as it seems no English review about it.

Can I ask you to send some links where I can see audio expo's in TW? So far I couldn't find it. My Mandarin is bad but my girlfriend happy to help

I think I need to spend 30-40k to match the DAC for the system... And encourage Usher to make a good DAC
Gyula Weeber is offline  
post #545 of 560 Old 06-25-2016, 08:56 PM
Member
 
Griller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyula Weeber View Post
I don't have any CD's or Vinyl at the moment - that's why I need DAC and streamer. Actually, Auralic CEO just replies to me personally, I was a bit surprised. Seems he is coming to Taipei next week.

I'll research and report I was thinking to write about the Amp anyway as it seems no English review about it.

Can I ask you to send some links where I can see audio expo's in TW? So far I couldn't find it. My Mandarin is bad but my girlfriend happy to help

I think I need to spend 30-40k to match the DAC for the system... And encourage Usher to make a good DAC
I imagine Auralic is coming for the WTC show in just over a week.

http://www.twtc.com.tw/e_content/B/B.asp?B1b_season=3

http://www.taiwanaudio.org.tw/2016audioshow/

http://www.top-link.com.tw

Have fun and don't blame me when your SO gets mad at you for spending so much money. Ask me how I know! Maybe I'll see you at the August show.

Aloha,

馬駿
Griller is offline  
post #546 of 560 Old 06-28-2016, 10:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Speakers are running in, the steamer is on the way but while I'm waiting here is some pics!

I think the inside of the amp would be interesting as no one seems posted it yet.
This one is Usher Au8500 mark... I don't know But finally, it has changeable power cord!
I'm not expert on these but I was curious what's inside!


Griller, thank for the info!

About the SO... one of the reasons I'm buying it now is that we are before the stage when she can complain about it So she enjoys it for now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160626_23_06_55_Pro.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	296.0 KB
ID:	1519890   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160626_23_06_33_Pro.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	253.2 KB
ID:	1519898   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160626_23_07_04_Pro.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	409.2 KB
ID:	1519906   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160626_23_06_48_Pro.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	259.8 KB
ID:	1519914   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20160626_23_08_39_Pro.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	1519922  

Gyula Weeber is offline  
post #547 of 560 Old 07-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Usher Audio dealer in N. Calif.

There is a U.S. distributor but you would have to contact them for dealerships. Nothing is coming up on their website. They also show up used with deeper discounts on Audiogon once in a while as they are not one of the bigger names. They might be closer to your location.

Perhaps Katli can answer the dealership question if they are still reading this forum??
Usher Audio USA




Hi Guys,
I don't come to your forum as often as I should, I apologize. My time Vs work is always maxed out.
Yes, Marc from Soundscape has retired (good for him). I do have 3 dealers in the N. Calif area:

Sight and Sound Home Theater (David)
3151 Crow Canyon Place
San Ramon, CA 94583
925-806-9600

Sound Decisions Audio (Scott)
15732 # 533 Los Gatos Blvd.
Los Gatos Ca 95032
408 449 6774

Wells Audio (Jeff)
106 Bascom Ct.
Campbell, CA 95008
408-376-0861

I do not do direct retail sales unless there are no dealer in that State or region. Protecting dealer network integrity is my priority.
If anyone has any questions or if I don't response to forum questions in a timely manner, please feel free to email or call me. You can email me from my site because this forum do not allow me to post email address until I get more postings.

Fred Kat
Katli Audio
909-465-0222
kATLI is offline  
post #548 of 560 Old 07-25-2016, 04:15 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 3
In the market for some Usher 6381's or 6371's. Is there anything in particular I should know, other than their size?
michaelmclees is offline  
post #549 of 560 Old 07-26-2016, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 9,059
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4145 Post(s)
Liked: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelmclees View Post
In the market for some Usher 6381's or 6371's. Is there anything in particular I should know, other than their size?
Yes, that the chances of auditioning them are pretty much zero.

Never auditioned an Usher speaker I didn't like.

Sadly, Soundscape in Santa Rosa closed last year so no more auditioning of Usher speakers for me it would seem.

Love my lowly V602's though.
gajCA is offline  
post #550 of 560 Old 08-16-2016, 03:52 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello,

I'm a two channel stereo music lover.

My system:

Yamaha A-S3000 (Integrated Amp)
Yamaha CD-S3000 (CD/SACD/DAC player)
Acoustic Solid Wood (Turntable)

And a pair of fabulous, amazing and built-like-a-tank Usher Audio Mini Dancer DMD Two, speakers.

I'm working in speakers reposition process in a L-shaped room.

I'll will put a wool carpet on the floor between the loudspeakers and the armchair. I will put thick curtains in the window.
I wonder how it works a pair of cylinder diffusers in the sidewalls on the first reflections point.

¿Any suggestion to improve sound quality?
¿Furniture? ¿Speakers placement?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1680.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	1605833   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1678.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	1605841   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1676.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	1605849  
Nebuloide is offline  
post #551 of 560 Old 08-17-2016, 12:00 AM
Member
 
Griller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebuloide View Post
Hello,

I'm a two channel stereo music lover.

My system:

Yamaha A-S3000 (Integrated Amp)
Yamaha CD-S3000 (CD/SACD/DAC player)
Acoustic Solid Wood (Turntable)

And a pair of fabulous, amazing and built-like-a-tank Usher Audio Mini Dancer DMD Two, speakers.

I'm working in speakers reposition process in a L-shaped room.

I'll will put a wool carpet on the floor between the loudspeakers and the armchair. I will put thick curtains in the window.
I wonder how it works a pair of cylinder diffusers in the sidewalls on the first reflections point.

¿Any suggestion to improve sound quality?
¿Furniture? ¿Speakers placement?

Thank you
What kind of cartridge are you using? An MC cartridge would increase resolution if you are using MM.

It looks like a really live room. I would think the reflections would be pretty severe in there. I would not go for diffraction as much as absorption treatments. Do you have boom problems? If so some traps in the corners would probably help with that.

But really, the big question is: What do you want that you don't have right now?

For me, that answer is: Time in front of the speakers!

Address what bothers you. But only you can determine what you don't like about your system. I've thrown out some ideas above, but it really comes down to you.

If you are thinking about room treatments the first question is how long will you be there? If it is a long time making the investment in sound treatments makes sense. If shorter, then you will have to carefully consider the investment vs. improvement in SQ and if it is worth it to you. Room treatments don't always transfer easily to another room. The slap echo looks incredible in there, though. You might be able to get away with some rugs on the walls and floor if you move frequently.
Griller is offline  
post #552 of 560 Old 08-17-2016, 03:44 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griller View Post
What kind of cartridge are you using? An MC cartridge would increase resolution if you are using MM.

It looks like a really live room. I would think the reflections would be pretty severe in there. I would not go for diffraction as much as absorption treatments. Do you have boom problems? If so some traps in the corners would probably help with that.

But really, the big question is: What do you want that you don't have right now?

For me, that answer is: Time in front of the speakers!

Address what bothers you. But only you can determine what you don't like about your system. I've thrown out some ideas above, but it really comes down to you.

If you are thinking about room treatments the first question is how long will you be there? If it is a long time making the investment in sound treatments makes sense. If shorter, then you will have to carefully consider the investment vs. improvement in SQ and if it is worth it to you. Room treatments don't always transfer easily to another room. The slap echo looks incredible in there, though. You might be able to get away with some rugs on the walls and floor if you move frequently.
Hello,

Thanx for your answer.

I use a Denon DL-103 and the tonearm is a custom version of Rega RB303 that Acoustic Solid put in their turntables usually.

The phono section is built-in Yamaha's A-S3000 amplifier. (see picture below for tech specs in Spanish, sorry!)

It is my permanent home.

Room dimensions:

21.6 square meters (226 sq feets) / 58.32 cubic metres (2,059.55 cubic feets)


I have ordered thick curtains for the window and a persian wool carpet 1,3 centimetres (0,51") thick to place between speakers and the archair.

I could put some bookshelves in the rear and sidewalls.

The room is too brightness and bass could be a bit more under controlled.

(I apologize for my no very precise English)

Greetings from Spain
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1246.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	1607265  
Nebuloide is offline  
post #553 of 560 Old 08-17-2016, 04:56 AM
Member
 
Griller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Spain! I love Spain! Beautiful country! Friendly people! Great shoes! And coffee! Spain has style and sunshine. I can't wait to go back!

As for the room, bass traps in the corners would probably help tame room nodes, but an easy fix and one I've seen several people do is to put foam plugs in the reflex port. Almost anything will do, furniture manufacturers or a home improvement store should have it, and it's CHEAP. I'd try that before blowing a fortune on bass traps.

You're on the right track for taming the brightness. You may want to treat the back wall too. I find when I turn my system up to 11 that I get bad reflections off my back wall. Of course, I shouldn't have it up that loud, but Zeppelin, you know?

Bookshelves filled with records make good dampeners.....

Greetings from Taiwan!
台灣歡迎你!

Last edited by Griller; 08-17-2016 at 04:59 AM.
Griller is offline  
post #554 of 560 Old 08-28-2016, 10:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I put a new pair of red "DavidLynchnesque" courtains on the rear wall, in the window and now the sound is focused and high frequencies sound clear without a sound veil.

I'm waiting for the wool carpet. The Fabric a closed for holidays until September.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1705.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1627521  
Nebuloide is offline  
post #555 of 560 Old 09-02-2016, 08:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 27
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Can anyone recommend a good speakers for 3.0 or 3.1 setup used for music/movies (70/30)?
juveguy is offline  
post #556 of 560 Old 09-03-2016, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 9,059
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4145 Post(s)
Liked: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by juveguy View Post
Can anyone recommend a good speakers for 3.0 or 3.1 setup used for music/movies (70/30)?
Budget?

Usher or any brand?

Are you in the US?

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
post #557 of 560 Old 05-30-2017, 06:40 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
whats the scoop on Usher these days? A family member has the X-719 speakers that sound fantastic. I'd love to pick up the same pair, but neither their Taiwan nor US websites work, and basically every online review is from ages ago. Anyone selling some X-719's or can suggest something similar in design? Thanks
ScubaSteven is offline  
post #558 of 560 Old 05-31-2017, 05:40 AM
Member
 
Griller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteven View Post
whats the scoop on Usher these days? A family member has the X-719 speakers that sound fantastic. I'd love to pick up the same pair, but neither their Taiwan nor US websites work, and basically every online review is from ages ago. Anyone selling some X-719's or can suggest something similar in design? Thanks
I would contact Fred Kat
Katli Audio
909-465-0222

He was the Usher Audio distributor in the U.S. last I heard. There is also Audiogon for used gear. Usher is a giant-killer in high-end speakers for their Premium line. There is lots of value across their lines, but if buying used off Audiogon I would stick to unmodified, premium speakers of the Be/DMD line. Guys that spend that amount of coin on components take care of them. I have purchased several items off Audiogon and also new. Dealers provide after sales support but if they are not local used has more draw. These are the stores Fred posted as his--all in California, but I'm sure he can help you.

Sight and Sound Home Theater (David)
3151 Crow Canyon Place
San Ramon, CA 94583
925-806-9600

Sound Decisions Audio (Scott)
15732 # 533 Los Gatos Blvd.
Los Gatos Ca 95032
408 449 6774

Wells Audio (Jeff)
106 Bascom Ct.
Campbell, CA 95008
408-376-0861

Audiogon has a pair of CP-6381's right now.
https://www.audiogon.com/listings/fu...ugustine-fl--2
If I remember correctly they use the silk dome tweeter. It's a little sweet, and soft. Very comfortable tweeter.

The Be/DMD line uses their premium tweeter that is VERY detailed, open, and revealing. Remarkably as a metal dome it is not as harsh as you would expect. I am very comfortable with mine unless I have them at concert levels. 2112 requires more ooomph so it gets it!
There is also a pair of BE-10's. MASSIVE speakers and require an appropriate sized room. Depends on your budget and space.

Good luck and let us know if you end up getting some Ushers!

Aloha
Griller is offline  
post #559 of 560 Old 06-02-2017, 05:57 AM
Member
 
JDEATON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Newnan GA
Posts: 176
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteven View Post
whats the scoop on Usher these days? A family member has the X-719 speakers that sound fantastic. I'd love to pick up the same pair, but neither their Taiwan nor US websites work, and basically every online review is from ages ago. Anyone selling some X-719's or can suggest something similar in design? Thanks
Griller is right. Fred Katli is the go to guy for all things Usher related in North America. His website is https://www.katli.com/ .

I recently purchased a replacement woofer for my S-520 surround speaker from Fred. (I got a bit carried away with the 1812 Overture on a multichannel SACD. Watch out for those canons)

Prior to that I bought DMD tweeters for my CP-8571's and a an Usher BE-616 center channel speaker.

Fred has been excellent to deal with.

Its surprising to me Usher isn't more popular in the US.
gajCA likes this.
JDEATON is offline  
post #560 of 560 Old 06-02-2017, 02:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
gajCA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 9,059
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4145 Post(s)
Liked: 2645
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDEATON View Post
Griller is right. Fred Katli is the go to guy for all things Usher related in North America. His website is https://www.katli.com/ .

I recently purchased a replacement woofer for my S-520 surround speaker from Fred. (I got a bit carried away with the 1812 Overture on a multichannel SACD. Watch out for those canons)

Prior to that I bought DMD tweeters for my CP-8571's and a an Usher BE-616 center channel speaker.

Fred has been excellent to deal with.

Its surprising to me Usher isn't more popular in the US.
Not really nowhere except SoCal or Virginia Beach to audition them IIRC, terrible return policy on a blind purchase and little info in the US audio press.

Luckily when I bought mine many years ago Soundscape in Santa Rosa was within a mile of my house and I was able to bring the V602s to my house off the floor to audition before purchase.

If they were stolen tomorrow the 6311s for $1590/pair would be the logical replacement and the $880 X616 appears to share the same tweeter though the finish is hardly an exact match.

Geoff A. J., California
gajCA is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Onkyo Tx Nr929 9 2 Channel Network A V Receiver , Onkyo Tx Nr616

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off