Episode Speakers...any thoughts? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old Today, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs down cheap speakers

without getting too far away from the topic id like to add that I have 10 episode speakers model # ES-AW-6-BLK

since the install 2 months ago we had 3 speakers replaced, one burned out within a week and 2 others developed the above mentioned rattle noise, the rest sound sound crisp at low volumes but sound rattly and have a lot of white noise at higher volumes the base is dry like someone hiting cheap metal even with the base turned all the way down.

I also have jbl control 28 speakrs in the same setup and they sound so much better in comparison. it's a no contest

to be fair they where installed in a sports bar environment where continuous use is required.

perhaps they are ok for low volumes and sporadic use in a home theater system but deffinitely not built for high demand.

I am in process of returning these speakers to switch them all out to jbl's and both the dealer and the company SNAP av are giving me the cold shoulder.

I found out the speakers cost $152 A PAIR dealer cost. Which the dealer in turn charged me 222 a pair.

it appears they cater to dealers so they can make extra $$ on the setup. you would be much better off with brand name speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement