Episode Speakers...any thoughts? - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #61 of 66 Old 07-31-2015, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thumbs down cheap speakers

without getting too far away from the topic id like to add that I have 10 episode speakers model # ES-AW-6-BLK

since the install 2 months ago we had 3 speakers replaced, one burned out within a week and 2 others developed the above mentioned rattle noise, the rest sound sound crisp at low volumes but sound rattly and have a lot of white noise at higher volumes the base is dry like someone hiting cheap metal even with the base turned all the way down.

I also have jbl control 28 speakrs in the same setup and they sound so much better in comparison. it's a no contest

to be fair they where installed in a sports bar environment where continuous use is required.

perhaps they are ok for low volumes and sporadic use in a home theater system but deffinitely not built for high demand.

I am in process of returning these speakers to switch them all out to jbl's and both the dealer and the company SNAP av are giving me the cold shoulder.

I found out the speakers cost $152 A PAIR dealer cost. Which the dealer in turn charged me 222 a pair.

it appears they cater to dealers so they can make extra $$ on the setup. you would be much better off with brand name speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 Old 10-13-2015, 05:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
C'mon man

[QUOTE=I found out the speakers cost $152 A PAIR dealer cost. Which the dealer in turn charged me 222 a pair.

it appears they cater to dealers so they can make extra $$ on the setup. you would be much better off with brand name speakers.[/QUOTE]

You realize that those speakers retail at $429 a pair and he is supposed to sell for at least $299 according to SnapAVs UPP(Unilateral Pricing Policy). This is the way the world works. If you think you get anything in this world at manufacturers cost you're not really paying attention.

More than that, why should he give you his price? He worked to gain the ability to resell products and make a profit. Why should you benefit from that? And why stop there, maybe you should get them at SnapAVs cost. And maybe you should stop charging people 10 times what it costs to make margarita. Seems about as logical as anything you've said.

And when you say Dealers can make extra money, I think you just mean make money. You know, like everybody else. As a bar owner(or employee) I'd assume you get that.

Not liking the product is fine, but slamming someone who's trying to make a living and actually gave you a great price is bush league.

And by the way, sportsbar has an s.
post #63 of 66 Old 01-22-2016, 11:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 44
How do the bookshelf sound compared to svs prime speakers?
post #64 of 66 Old 01-22-2016, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I have the entire 700 series lineup and I love them!!
post #65 of 66 Old 04-25-2016, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportbar85 View Post
without getting too far away from the topic id like to add that I have 10 episode speakers model # ES-AW-6-BLK

since the install 2 months ago we had 3 speakers replaced, one burned out within a week and 2 others developed the above mentioned rattle noise, the rest sound sound crisp at low volumes but sound rattly and have a lot of white noise at higher volumes the base is dry like someone hiting cheap metal even with the base turned all the way down.

I also have jbl control 28 speakrs in the same setup and they sound so much better in comparison. it's a no contest

to be fair they where installed in a sports bar environment where continuous use is required.

perhaps they are ok for low volumes and sporadic use in a home theater system but deffinitely not built for high demand.

I am in process of returning these speakers to switch them all out to jbl's and both the dealer and the company SNAP av are giving me the cold shoulder.

I found out the speakers cost $152 A PAIR dealer cost. Which the dealer in turn charged me 222 a pair.

it appears they cater to dealers so they can make extra $$ on the setup. you would be much better off with brand name speakers.
So someone else mentioned this but basically the installer sold you the speakers at half of what he was supposed to sell them for as far as his profit margin and your complaining hes profiting off of you??
So I really have to ask since you own a business how much do you pay for a keg of beer and how much do you sell a keg of beer for and what would you say if a customer asked you to sell him said beer at your cost? Im guessing you would laugh at him and tell him no yet you expect someone selling you a product to just give it too you?? How much sense does that make really I mean cmon man get real!
post #66 of 66 Old 04-26-2016, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hayes View Post
Greetings all,<br><br>
Few things....Montana1 is not working here....but if he sends me an email, I will send him a pair of the speakers as a "thank you" for the review and kind words.<br><br>
Bottom line is the Episode speakers rock and if you haven't heard about the promotion we introduced this week, then you haven't seen anything yet.<br><br>
Here's the deal - Snap AV was started by a frustrated installer. Almost everyone working here has been an installer at some point. The business model is fairly simple and we can't figure out why nobody else is trying to replicate what we are trying to do...but oh well....good for us.<br><br>
We believe that we should focus on making fantastic products and selling them at lower dealer costs than our competition and keeping the MSRP's the same as similar competing products on the market. We aggressively protect our line's integrity and only sell directly to professional dealers that know how to design and install outstanding systems.<br><br>
Specifically regarding our speakers - they are quickly becoming a complete line including 100, 300, 500, 700 and soon to introduce 900 series products. Each series from the 300 and up are timbre matched and provide multiple configurations to allow for flexible system designs and installations to match customer's application needs.<br><br>
We build our products with significantly better components, all are "ground up" designs and we own the tooling, some IP on unique technologies and our development team is unmatched in the industry. The speaker design team consists of 7 engineers with a combined experience of designing speakers for over 135 years. The team is headed up by Rune Karsbaek who served as lead engineer/designer for companies like Jamo. Between these folks we have designed speakers for Jamo, Elan, SpeakerCraft, Proficient, Boston Acoustics, Leon, Russound, Totem, PSB, Velodyne and many more. SHort story here is these guys know wht the hell they are doing in this space.<br><br>
I have the joy of heading this group up as the manager and can't believe the level of energy and drive to "do the right thing" for the custom installation industry. These guys are on fire and have many more surprises coming out in the coming months.<br><br>
I mentioned the promotion that is in place, but we also offer a $100 money back comparison challenge that you can read about on our web site.<br><br>
If you have more questions, check out the site or contact either Rune or me direct via email.<br><br>
Enjoy!<br><br>
Steve Hayes<br>
VP Product Development<br>
Snap AV
I love your speakers, I have the 700 series towers, center and bookshelves, those things bang and the sound from it is incredible. Episode is not known so people will call it whatever they want, but until they actually hear it, their opinions are worth ****.

I have them, I love them, I need nothing else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers