Please help, software based speaker crackles - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-25-2008, 05:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I'm new at this forum and i was looking for help regarding speaker crackles.
One day i opened my Alienware m15x laptop and while listening to some music i heard crackles that i haven't heard before during louder sections of the music. having this problems with earphones before i suspected that it was my Creative A300 speakers that were breaking. I unplugged my speakers and started using the onboard speakers instead. the crackles continued. I tried out my Philips earphones and the crackles continued again.i decided that the crackling was software based or sound card based. I keep my Windows sound level at 75%. I also have a "Realtek HD Audio Manager" software that came with my laptop which has every setting on default. I was wondering if i should buy an external X-Fi audio card or if there is a software based solution to this.
Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-25-2008, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by qadmdk View Post

Hey guys, I'm new at this forum and i was looking for help regarding speaker crackles.
One day i opened my Alienware m15x laptop and while listening to some music i heard crackles that i haven't heard before during louder sections of the music. having this problems with earphones before i suspected that it was my Creative A300 speakers that were breaking. I unplugged my speakers and started using the onboard speakers instead. the crackles continued. I tried out my Philips earphones and the crackles continued again.i decided that the crackling was software based or sound card based. I keep my Windows sound level at 75%. I also have a "Realtek HD Audio Manager" software that came with my laptop which has every setting on default. I was wondering if i should buy an external X-Fi audio card or if there is a software based solution to this.
Thanks everyone!

Just a hunch but maybe updating or reinstalling your realtek drivers may help.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page