infinity rs 8 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 10 Old 08-27-2008, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anybody have these?, I have a chance to get a pair for $100, they have a 100 watts amp each. what would happen if I decide to add an amp later? how would the rs8 would be hooked?. I am confused
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 08-27-2008, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by llep64 View Post

Does anybody have these?, I have a chance to get a pair for $100, they have a 100 watts amp each. what would happen if I decide to add an amp later? how would the rs8 would be hooked?. I am confused

Those are a steal and outstanding deal at that price. The RS8's are comprised of two cabinets. The bottom contains a powered subwoofer powerd by its own 100 watt amp. These speakers still need to be connected to a reveiver just like any other speaker. But these will go much lower than many due to its powered woofer. Great speakers. Great deal. Jump on them.
post #3 of 10 Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

thanks. so when I hooke them the recriver will also power the sub on the speakers? or just the mid/highs
post #4 of 10 Old 08-28-2008, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

I got them!!!, they sound greattt! best$100 investment. one thing, I am getting a little hmmmmmm" from both speakers, any ideas?..
post #5 of 10 Old 08-28-2008, 08:47 PM

Quote:

I got them!!!, they sound greattt! best$100 investment. one thing, I am getting a little hmmmmmm" from both speakers, any ideas?..

The hum is most likely coming from either your receiver or the amps that power the woofers on the speakers. Make sure they are wired in phase, perhaps try turning the volume down on the woofers amps. other than that Describe the hum and under what circumstances you are hearing it. I knew you would like those speakers for a $100. You can try to find an Infinity CC3 center channel, used on Ebay. You probably can pick one up for under $50 and it matches the reference 8's pretty darn good.
post #6 of 10 Old 08-29-2008, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

thanks Atdamico. Yea the "hum" is coming from the sub/amp?, is nor really loud,but I can still hear it, maybe is normal. aso on the back of the speakers there are two rca inputs, do I suppose two use those? maybe to the preouts?, but I already have a sub hooked up to it. one of the RCA says 'normal' and the other says 'direct', right now I have them hooked up via wires, just like anyother sapeaker. Am I missing something?
post #7 of 10 Old 08-29-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:

thanks Atdamico. Yea the "hum" is coming from the sub/amp?, is nor really loud,but I can still hear it, maybe is normal. aso on the back of the speakers there are two rca inputs, do I suppose two use those? maybe to the preouts?, but I already have a sub hooked up to it. one of the RCA says 'normal' and the other says 'direct', right now I have them hooked up via wires, just like anyother sapeaker. Am I missing something?

The RCA inputs are optional. If you already have a dedicated subwoofer, just hook them up normally via speaker wire. As you have done. And enjoy.
post #8 of 10 Old 08-29-2008, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

ok. have you ever had powered towers?, and if you did what was your set up for movies small or large?
post #9 of 10 Old 08-30-2008, 06:15 AM

Quote:

ok. have you ever had powered towers?, and if you did what was your set up for movies small or large?

Yes, I had Infinity Overture ll"s. I had them set to small for movie watching and large for music. But that's just me. Set to large they were way too boomy for HT use which was a problem with the room and where I had to have them located. Which is the beauty of a dedicated subwoofer, the ability to move it to the best position within a room. Your room and your experience may be different. Only way to tell is for you to experiment. Try them both ways and leave them the way they sound the best for you. You should be able to find a manual online somewhere. Don't overanalyze, just experiment. That's half the fun of this hobby anyhow, yes? Regarding speakers, there is no right and wrong. Move them around, set them up differently, try different crossover ranges, when you get them to where you are happy, there you are! Time to add something else new and begin the process again.
post #10 of 10 Old 08-30-2008, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

thanks man.
Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page