AV123 Rocket RS850 Sig vs DefTech 7004 vs MA Silver RS6 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 09-22-2008, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, can anyone give me some thoughts on the AV123 Rocket RS850 Sigs vs the Definitive Technology 7004s vs the Monitor Audio Silver RS6s? I want to know what the general opinion is on these speakers to see if I will like the Rocket 850s.

I recently had the chance to listen to the Def Tech 7004s and the MA RS6s in a Magnolia store in the same room using the same amps/electronics/source, and here are my impressions: (btw I am not an audiophile by any stretch...also, I'm just getting into this hobby; if I buy the Rockets, they will be my first real speakers )

Basically, the biggest differences I could tell between the Def Techs and the MAs were that the Def Techs had a better attack on cymbals and brass, and the MAs had a better attack on voices; you could tell exactly how the singer pronounced every word. However, I think the Def Techs got a bit harsh at louder volumes; but they also seemed to have a slightly deeper and wider soundstage.

Are my thoughts close to what most people think? Also if anyone has any experience listening to or comparing any of these three speakers, please express your thoughts. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-22-2008, 08:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 182
These are the three speakers I am looking at also. I have only heard the Def Techs and was impressed.

Xbox Live: TheRealMaxPower --- PSN: TheRealMaxPower

Panasonic TC-P65VT60    Vienna Acoustic Mozart Grands    Onkyo TX-SR805   Sony BDP-S790

Astro Mixamp 2013   Schiit Modi    AKG K702 65th Anniversary   Antlion ModMic    Sennheiser PC360

Theater- Benq W1070    Elite 120" projection...

Reply Speakers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page