The Official Magnepan Owners Thread - Page 164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 195Likes

post #4891 of 4893 Old 03-29-2017, 12:16 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post
My center speaker died and wanted thoughts if anyone thinks this would match ok with my 3.7i's for a center speaker... I would add the ribbon upgrade to it..

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/pages...n/horizon.html

As others have mentioned, the best center channel speaker to use with Magnepan mains is a Magnepan center channel. I used to use an Infinity IL 36c center channel speaker with my Maggie 1.6's and 1.7's. That Infinity was a substantial three way speaker with ceramic drivers, that worked very nicely. However, when I switched to a Magnepan CC3 center, the improvement was dramatic. The Magnepan center blends so much better with the Magnepan mains.

What happened to your CC5? That couldn't have been very old.
shivaji likes this.

Main system: Thiel 3.6 L/R speakers, Pair of Velodyne F1500r subs, B&W HTM center, Emotiva and Polk RTi 28 surrounds, Integra DHC 9.9 pre/proc, Pair of Emotiva XPA-1's, Emotiva XPA-5, Threshold SA/4e, pair of Threshold S/200's, Oracle Delphi TT w Magnepan Unitrac 1 arm and Shure V15 - Vmr, Logitech Squeezebox Touch, Oppo BDP 83 optical disc player, Threshold T2 preamp, Denon DR-M44HX cassette, Pioneer CLD-97 Laserdisc. LG PF1500 led projector,Elite 100"tab tension-ed motorized screen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 4893 Old 04-02-2017, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Boston Acoustics VR12, is an excellent budget center speaker, that I have used with 1.6 Maggies, and compared directly with Revel center speakers.

Used ones turn up regularly on Ebay for $80 - $250.
post #4893 of 4893 Old Today, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 96 Post(s)
Liked: 112
My accountant sent me this:

https://i.redd.it/wi35mjf9jbsy.jpg

Magnepan 1.7's (LR), Magnepan CC5/DWM (Center Channel), Magnepan MC1's (Surrounds), Rythmik F12 (Sub), Emotiva XMC-1 (Processor), Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2 Drives the 1.7's, Emotiva XPA-5 Drives the Center and Surrounds, Oppo BDP-103 (Audio/Video Source), Oppo UDP-203 (Audio/Video Source), Sony PS4 (Audio/Video Source), LG OLED65B6P (Monitor)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Magnepan , Magnepan Mmg , Magnepan Mini Maggie System , Magnepan Mg 1 7 , Magnepan Mg 3 7